[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am not buying CWK's mental illness (like multiple personality disorder) because this would support the ex-husband and the stepmother's allegations [...]. To me, it is clear that Red Cry is someone close to her who wants to fulfill CWK's desires because CWK has been wronged so much in the past. The leader of that organization knows her secret and past.

CWK has just been brainwashed by her father and her step-mother, she has buried the truth because the truth was so terrible to bear. I sense that the secret must be huge and terrible and it is related to her mother, father and sister.

I agree totally @bebebisous33 - I am particularly interested in the past - what happened for her father to have constructed memories for her? Was it for her sake? What she perhaps there when her mother was killed? Which make sme wonder also what did she and her sister fight about before the accident? Was it sthg related to the past as well? I am sure it was. I love that heavy psychological side to this show.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

All these parents need the judgement from Red Cry!!

When angry, count four. When very angry, swear. - Mark Twain

Well, I have to disagree with you. To me, the punishment is always targeting the mothers, less the fathers. That's why I am thinking that Red Cry must resent women much more than men because there is this belief that being a good mother is something natural and intuitive. However, being a good parent is not something that you get, when you are born... for that, you need role models. LSH was herself an abandoned child, an orphan who got raped and trapped by a pervert. Notice that CWK is still resenting Ha Na's mother and to me it is related to her father. She has idolized him and now she senses that his father might have manipulated her memories. He lied to her about her childhood.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I have to disagree with you. To me, the punishment is always targeting the mothers, less the fathers. That's why I am thinking that Red Cry must resent women much more than men because there is this belief that being a good mother is something natural and intuitive.

LSH was herself an abandoned child, an orphan who got raped and trapped by a pervert. Notice that CWK is still resenting Ha Na's mother and to me it is related to her father. She has idolized him and now she senses that his father might have manipulated her memories. He lied to her about her childhood.

Hmmm, actually I wouldn't say Red Cry resented mothers only.

Basically what we are seeing now is based on cases that CWK come across and had some sort of contact with the mothers.

For Kim Dong Sook's case. The husband died. It's also an indirect judgement by Red Cry.

I would have suggest divorce / reporting that richard simmons to the authority for cheating insurance and getting protection order.

But not murder. Hence I see it as a "judgement" on that good for nothing husband.

And if CWK was indeed abused since young, she could have some resentment of reporting abuse to authorities hence her detachment of feelings towards parents who abuse / neglect their child. 

As for LSH. Did i miss something when it was revealed about her past? At which episode? 

For Ha Na's dad.... I have nothing but fury whenever he comes into the picture. The way he talks, the say he behaves and the innuendo that he makes.... he deserves nothing but to be cage up and be starve to death.

No.

He should just combust when he sneeze.

44 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hmmm, actually I wouldn't say Red Cry resented mothers only.

Basically what we are seeing now is based on cases that CWK come across and had some sort of contact with the mothers.

For Kim Dong Sook's case. The husband died. It's also an indirect judgement by Red Cry.

I would have suggest divorce / reporting that richard simmons to the authority for cheating insurance and getting protection order.

But not murder. Hence I see it has a "judgement" on that good for nothing husband.

And if CWK was indeed abused since young, she could have some resentment of reporting abuse to authorities hence her detachment of feelings towards parents who abuse / neglect their child. 

As for LSH. Did i miss something when it was revealed about her past? At which episode? 

For Ha Na's dad.... I have nothing but fury whenever he comes into the picture. The way he talks, the say he behaves and the innuendo that he makes.... he deserves nothing but to be cage up and be starve to death.

No.

He should just combust when he sneeze.

But the case you mention is where there is only one abusive parent. However, in all the other cases, both parents were somehow involved in abuse and neglect of children, like f. ex. with Ha Na. Ha Na's mother was an orphan too, and she had no home until the pervert discovered her. He gave her a roof but in exchange he had sex with her. CWK said herself that LSH was herself a minor back then. But the punishment has been carried out without any real investigation. Someone saw Ha Na wandering around and her mother seemed to neglect her. Ha Na had realized that her mother was not so great BUT she was still affected by her mother's death. Red Cry allowed her to witness her death and he even had to threaten her in order to keep her quiet. How can this be considered as a nice and good gesture? This is very traumatizing. 

So in his eyes, Ha Na's mother was the culprit and the death sentence was pronounced. But if there had been an investigation, he would have discovered why all this was happening.

Then should the employee who made a mistake with the boy get killed too because with her mistake, the boy died? The boy and his sister were on their own because the father had abandoned them and later was sent to jail. Where were the social services? They should have realized that he had the children... because they were in the records. They are also to blame. It is not just the father and the mother. In the end, they contributed to the neglect. 

Even in the first case, right after the mother was released, she was killed. However, the one responsible for the child's death, was the father. The mother only covered up for the husband. When someone tried to defend the mother with a post (she might have been abused herself), HJM threatened her. So far, she is working with someone else (phone call) and she is the link between the victim and the perpetrator (doctor). Is she working with Red Cry?

The punishment is always the same: death penalty. However, the crimes committed are different. A real justice means that you have to consider certain facts, which Red Cry doesn't. Only under dictatorships, sentences are almost the same...death sentence. Furthermore, all the persons killed come from the same social background: poor, lower classes... now we have the case of an abusing mother (HJM) who is rich and belongs to the upper social class. To me, Red Cry is terribly biased in his judgement. My theory is that the director is the mastermind and if I am right, then his partiality is visible with the case of the young boy who wanted to have CWK as councellor. Notice that the parents belong to the upper social class. The director doesn't believe CWK... that there is an abusive environment in that family. 

To me, the drama is always implying that abuse is a problem related to the society... It is not just about abusive and neglecting parents. Indifference, mistake, the lack of good laws, the shortcomings from the social services and police or just acting as if they didn't notice the abuse are the real roots of this issue.  

But I guess, we will have to disagree on this.   

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Furthermore, all the persons killed come from the same social background: poor, lower classes... now we have the case of an abusing mother (HJM) who is rich and belongs to the upper social class. To me, Red Cry is terribly biased in his judgement. My theory is that the director is the mastermind and if I am right, then his partiality is visible with the case of the young boy who wanted to have CWK as councellor. Notice that the parents belong to the upper social class. The director doesn't believe CWK... that there is an abusive environment in that family. 

To me, the drama is always implying that abuse is a problem related to the society... It is not just about abusive and neglecting parents. Indifference, mistake, the lack of good laws, the shortcomings from the social services and police or just acting as if they didn't notice the abuse are the real roots of this issue.  

Oh my goodness, I'd never really considered that angle before, but you're right! All the targeted parents thus far have been from poor/underprivileged backgrounds. Even Seokwoo's mom was massively in debt and struggling to make ends meet, and didn't exactly live in the lap of luxury despite her stylish clothing. Even though Wookyung has reported suspicion of a bad home life or abuse from higher-income households, like Siwan and "I-Have-$10,000-In-My-Bank-Account" Bitna, absolutely nothing has happened to their parents. Heck, Bitna's mom even seems to be actively working with Red Cry even though she, by all accounts, should be someone he/they should be targeting.

If Red Cry has access to all Wookyung's case file information, then yeah, it does look like they're cherry-picking only poor households to go after, which definitely points at some sort of class prejudicial motivation (which we know is a definite problem in Korea, of poorer people being harshly judged because they can't afford fashionable clothes or haircuts or makeup). Like "Poor people are abusive animals, a scourge and a drain on society, and must be purged" or something to that effect, which, again, would point to the series trying to commentate about how society itself is partially responsible not only for the abuse of these children by ignoring or not even noticing their plight, but also how they judge their parents' life choices and not considering all the facts before they render judgement, like Hana's mother, who was a victim of abuse and neglect herself. 

If that's the case, and also if the theories about all four of the main leads being former abused children themselves are correct, then it would be a really interesting twist for the adult victims to finally be the ones to bring society's ills to light and begin breaking this cycle of violence and neglect.

Really interesting stuff!

@bebebisous33 wow. Good point.

I now see the pattern that they choose only the poor parents as victims.

So there is some "superiority" / "God like" thinking for Red Cry.

However their resources are also limited if any of the poor parents are in jail hence they target those that they can touch.

But I do wonder how come Ha Na's father is still breathing. Do we need to see CWK having the thought of killing him before he is really removed from the earth? That thought scares me because it will ultimately link her to Red Cry again which I am still in denial that she will be the ultimate villian here.

BTW, I do recall the look on CWK's boss when he saw CWK after he sent off the rich parents.

Hmm... what's up with that look?

Disgust? Contempt? Annoyance?

It's almost a statement that the poor die almost anonymous deaths...sad 

How much machinery would be thrown to them if they did away with one of the chaebol abusers.....hmmmm

Having said that hana's creepfest of a father...hmm.. Will need a suitable ending...eeee... this streak is infectious...

I wonder if Ha Na's father will try something with Cha Woo Kyung as she goes on and on about her appearance, body and experience, by Korean standards to 'friendly' with her in their initial meeting. Especially to get under JH's skin after seeing the young detectives reaction and all. 

Omg glad someone pointed out that all the victims are from poor backgrounds. I didn’t think of it. However I don’t think Red Cry targets only mothers, it just so happened that mothers were the one available for punishment. E.g probs Red Cry didn’t know about Hana’s father, he just saw abusive/neglecting mother and a daughter. In 1st case mom was out of prison, but the dad is still there, so I think if father was the one to get out, he would’ve been killed too. And killed-in-accident-boy’s father is missing, so I think RC targets regardless of gender, but not so sure abt their social status.

@howling I am well aware that the fathers can't get any punishment because they are in jail. However, the protests about the child's death were targeting the mother the entire time which underlines the biased view of the protesters. Remember how she was treated the whole time in jail: an outcast. How could a mother do such a thing? was what they were thinking. When someone tried to defend the mother with a post on SNS, she was targeted. The father was not in the center of the attention. Why? It is because our modern society has an idealized picture of mothers and even some expectations and not for the fathers. 

Moreover, the fact that the person who killed LSH never questioned why this woman was alone with her child is another clue in my opinion that in his eyes, mothers have a different status than fathers. He should have asked himself: where was the father? When Ha Na excluded the picture of the mother but was pointing to the dad as someone positive... I am suspecting that someone might have acted as a father towards her too because we witness her reaction when she met her real father. She knows what kind of man he is.  She got so scared that she had to pee. And now you see the contradiction between her behavior with CWK and the drawings and with her biological father.

@bebebisous33 @liddi  Upon rewatching episodes 1-16 and listening to the non OST songs that we heard in them, I've corrected my theories. 

I only analyzed the non OST songs because such songs are often dismissed as unimportant, and I'd like to argue that  all non OSTs songs in this drama correspond with the drama's themes very well.

First, here is my analysis of the songs. 

A.  AGNES OBEL "THE CURSE" (2013) (Episode 1)

As heard in the car accident scene in Episode 1.

Spoiler

Untitled-4.jpg

In my previous analysis of this song, I see the story as criticism of the blessing and curse of modernity. However, this is not the only idea that ties the song to the drama. The theme of false memories is also an integral part of both media. 

I will emphasize parts of the lyrics for an example. 

Tell me now of the very souls that look alike, look alike
Do you know the stranglehold covering their eyes?

The "stranglehold" that cover their [people's] eyes refers to the beguiling human mind and the damaging aspect of modernity. 

I'll position the song within Woo-kyung's character trajectory (after she discovers that her memories of her childhood are false) and Red Cry's 

----

B. FLUME ft MOON HOLIDAY "INSANE" (2013) (Episode 12)

The music video is a reference to a famous Stanley Kubrick film: 2001: A Space Odyssey, which ends with an ambiguous scene about a main character's changed mental state.

As heard in Jeon Soo-young's club scene in Episode 12.

Spoiler

Untitled-3.jpg

Comparing the music video with the scene, I find that not only Soo-young dresses similarly to the music video's main character (a female biker), but the earlier part of her scene is taken almost entirely from the music video!

I'll cite some lines of the lyrics to show how the song's themes of insanity and blurred morality are compatible with the drama. 

You don't have to be afraid
You don't even have to be brave
Living in a gilded cage

(...)
You know you're safe
The only risk is that you'll go insane.

Go insane. 

In these lines, the narrator is torn between staying safe, being brave, or being afraid. They've been living in a gilded cage for so long, and are now too scared of being insane. 

I'll map out my analysis of Soo-young based on the lyrics. 

------

C. THE BLACK KEYS "LITTLE BLACK SUBMARINES" (2011) (Episode 13)

The following lines in the song

The voices calling me
They get lost and out of time
I should've seen it glow
But everybody knows that a broken heart is blind.

is about depression, especially psychotic disorders. The "black submarines" in question are the imaginary walls inside the narrator's mind. 

The Black Key's vocalist, Dan Auerbach, struggles with depression after his marriage ended in 2013.

The song is heard in this scene when Ji-heon & co. move to a new room in the precinct. 

Spoiler

Untitled-1.jpg

The scene is centered around Ji-heon, while the song is about depression after a soul-crushing breakup, so I will connect it to Ji-heon. 

----

Second, we'll move on to my theories and analysis. 

A. On Cha Woo-kyung and "The Curse" 

Spoiler

Currently, the only clues accessible to the audience about this character is:

1. That she once fell into a catatonic depression after her sister's horrific accident,
  2. That she was either an abused child, or a juvenile criminal (manslaughter? assault?)
  3. That her supposed abusers were family members or parental figures. 

Based on the song, the clues about Woo-kyung could be interpreted in at least two ways,

1. Woo-kyung indeed suffers from multiple personality disorder and reverts to an alter (The Girl in the Green Dress), who was born out of her need (as a child) to escape her guilt and/or her abuse. This echoes the experiences of Billy Milligan and, for those who watched it, Ji Sung's character in Kill Me Heal Me. 
  2. Or, Woo-kyung doesn't suffer from multiple personality disorder. Rather, she is beset by deep-seated trauma from either the abuse and/or the juvenile crime. 

Furthermore, 

1. According to "The Curse", everybody is interconnected, and everything is relative. In the context of child abuse or juvenile crime, this means that there are perpetrators, victims, enablers, and bystanders. 
  2. Woo-kyung's childhood ordeal is inseparable from her current one, and many people were/are involved in its concealment. Other child abuse/crime cases are of the same nature. 

--------

B. On Jeon Soo-young and "Insane" 

Spoiler

Soo-young's behavioral patterns so far

1.  Aloofness that signifies loneliness
  2.  Reinforcement of her tough image by alienation of other individuals. 
  3. "Robotic" speech (as Ji-heon puts it), which marks tightly controlled emotions and/or inability to communicate openly

Based on the information and the song in the club scene (which I treat as her theme song), I conclude that

1. Soo-young has deep-rooted trust issues in adults in general, but even more so in males. This is the real reason behind her discomfort around Ji-heon, and her aggressiveness with perverse males. 
  2. The trust issues are mixed with her somewhat naive perception of authority and authority figures (as shown in the episodes where she prioritizes the captain's order despite knowing that it might harm the investigation)

Hence,

1. Soo-young probably comes from a privileged yet depressing background (as shown in her choice of motorbike and her distancing behavior). This stifling background is referred to in "Insane" as "a gilded cage". 
  2. She was probably assaulted by a parental or authority figure when she was a child or a teenager, and the affliction seriously hinders her abilities to connect, to communicate, and to comprehend authority. 

-----

C.  On Kang Ji-heon and "Little Black Submarines"

Spoiler

The song opens with a man's protest against "The Operator" (God), then proceeds to tell the listeners about said man's depression, broken heart and desire to reconnect to love. The narrator longs for divine intervention.

Founded on that theme, Ji-heon's character can be surmised as follows:
  1. His empty life entirely revolves around his job (as seen in Episode 1, when he woke up drunkenly and groggily in his bathtub). 
  2. His past mistake (the abortion) occupies his subconsciousness every time he rescues a child (which is why he was stunned when Ha-na clung to him in her father's house)
  3. Loss of human connections ("stolen friends" in the song lyrics) makes him bond with Woo-kyung, who is suffering from the same agony. 

I theorize that if the writer goes by the supernatural element, then rescuing abused children is Ji-heon's penance of some sort: God chooses him to save children because he once killed his unborn child. 

D. On Red Cry and "The Curse"

Going by "The Curse" theme and the "child abuse is everyone's fault and responsibility" credo, I surmise that the serial killing in this drama happens under this reasoning: since many people are perpetrators, enablers and bystanders of the abominable crime, then many people actively fight against it. 

• If Red Cry is an organization, then
Spoiler

The organization will be shown as one that is run by firm believers of the necessity in purging the society from abusive parents or parental figures. 

• If Red Cry is an individual, then
Spoiler

The serial killer will be someone with an abusive childhood, who entices and lures abusive parents or parental figures by communicating with them, killing them, then taking their children. 

• If Red Cry is a combination of the two, then:
Spoiler
  1. The serial killer(s) will be shown as a person or persons who form(s) an active network of killers, comprising angry and righteous parents, who are later obliterated once their abusiveness is discovered. 
  2. Or, the serial killer(s) will be shown as a person or persons who build(s) a network that consists of formerly abusive parents. Misusing their hopes for atonement, the serial killer(s) incite(s) them to kill, then eliminate(s) them afterwards.

@selenette Very interesting post and I must say that this theory

The serial killer will be shown as a person who builds a network that consist of formerly abusive parents. The killer misuse this to make them kill other abusive parents (for atonement), then kill them too after the murders are done. 

really caught my attention. Maybe Red Cry forces the abusive parents to kill themselves. Remember that the doctor stabbed himself... no one killed him.

As for CWK,

That Woo-kyung doesn't suffer from multiple personality disorder. Rather, she is beset by deep-seated trauma from either the abuse or the juvenile crime. 

why did you use "or"?

There is this possibility that CWK was abused but at some point, she might have tried to protect herself so that the abusive parent died. She might have killed the abusive mother... Abuse and killing doesn't exclude each other. This would explain why the father fabricated false memories and why the step-mother is so cold towards CWK as she knows what happened. She views CWK as a "criminal".

@bebebisous33 I'm still torn between seeing Woo-kyung's past as entirely abusive or thinking that there was crime on her part. In fact, I'm still not sure whether the crime was the manslaughter of her biological mom, or of another child (who is our Little Girl in the Green Dress). 

In my opinion, what Red Cry has been doing is probably

1. coaxes these abusive parents into killing other abusive parents in the name of penance, then,

2. either kills them directly, incites them to suicide, or orchestrates their murders (through their children in some cases)

@selenette

Holy crap, dude, you really went all out on your analysis! There's some really fascinating stuff there, especially the song choices for each main character so far. I never really expected to find symbolism like this in a Kdrama, of all things, but it makes me like this show even more than I did already. ^^

1 hour ago, selenette said:

Or, the serial killer will be shown as a person who builds a network that consists of formerly abusive parents. Misusing their hopes for atonement, the serial killers incite them to kill, then kill them too afterwards.

Holy crap, my mind is blown. That makes so much sense that I'm surprised I haven't seen that theory before. The doctor who killed Park Jihye was mentioned as having a wife and daughter who died. What if he was responsible for his family's deaths, and Red Cry convinced him to murder Jihye and then kill himself as penance? Two birds with one stone that way.

Since Eunho has also been billed as a main character by the marketing and writers, now I'm really interested to see if he will get a song that gives some indication of his baggage and backstory at some point, too. ^^ Since it took 12 and 13 episodes for them to give us Sooyoung and Jiheon's songs, respectively, it's feasible to expect that it might happen eventually, even if it's not soon.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:41 AM, bedifferent said:

I also find it weird that the orphanage's guard dog was friendly and allowed Soo Young to pet him.  Dogs don't behave like that with strangers so doggie must know her.

First things first. That doggie was a labrador retriever. As a former labrador retriever owner, I can say with 100% certainty that a lab is the LOUSIEST and WORST guard dog EVER! :D The only danger you are in when faced with a labrador, is that you are jumped on and licked in the face. :D Especially if you have food with you ;)

On 12/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, thistle said:

The dog butcher is very, very creepy but could he be less dangerous than we think?  And even though Eun Ho seems very sweet and gentle at first site, he could be incredibly conniving.

The actor who plays Ha-na's dad is extremely convincing as a bad bad BAD person. Ha-na wet herself in front of him - that's proof enough to me that he is not a good person, and that he shouldn't be allowed near her ever again.

10 hours ago, howling said:

However I don’t think Red Cry targets only mothers, it just so happened that mothers were the one available for punishment. E.g probs Red Cry didn’t know about Hana’s father, he just saw abusive/neglecting mother and a daughter.

It might be that Red Cry targets only mothers, but I think it's more of a coincidence than anything that only moms were killed. What Red Cry wanted to do was to save the kids. All the kids were placed in foster care (the ones that still were alive) - I think this was the main target of Red Cry - to get the kids away from their parents. Should Ha-na for some incomprehensible reason be placed in her father's care, Red Cry will not hesitate to punish him.

Some other thoughts about the latest episodes:

• I love the writer of this drama. She(?) is well known for her plot twists, so it will be interesting to see who the culprit is in the end. During the last two episodes I began suspecting CWK (again)... It wouldn't surprise me if CWK is suffering from multiple personality disorder, but again it is likely a red herring the writer wants us to believe. :D
  • It seems the girl in the green dress could be CWK's sister. We saw CWK being given the dress by her mom. It would probably have been a hand-me-down to her sister later? Also the sister blinked a lot when she saw the drawing of the girl. The sister clearly recognized the girl in the green dress.
  • I agree with the people who theorized earlier that CWK's father tried to "re-invent" the past by feeding CWK false memories. Something traumatic happened that he wanted her to forget, but I am not (yet) buying that her biological mom was abusive. She looked and acted pretty nice when giving the dress to CWK.
  • I think what became clear in the last episodes, is that CWK is MUCH MORE "damaged" than I thought earlier. When KJH said that CWK might know the solution to a given problem but not be able to apply it to her own problems, he hit a nail on the head. She is clearly dissociating from her own feelings (e.g. by not feeling that the situation with her sister is tough). She has so much pain, anger and sadness pent up inside of her, and on top of that she isn't allowing herself to feel them. Of course this is an unconscious choice, because the pain is so unbearable she has had to close off her feelings fully. The problem is that you can run but you cannot hide. Those feelings are coming out (especially anger), and that's why she is so confused after she suddenly has lost her temper (like hitting the mom). She doesn't recall her memories yet, but the feelings those memories caused initially are re-surfacing. She is a pressure cooker, and those feelings and memories will come out with an explosion soon....
  • I thought it was interesting to see Ha-na hug KJH in the scene where he hit Ha-na's dad. He seemed equally surprised by her action. It was nice to see that she isn't scared of all men (only her dad), and that she felt like KJH protected her. Child abuse is such a heavy subject, so I love to see these small moments of kindness and warmth in this drama. :heart:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

The actor who plays Ha-na's dad is extremely convincing as a bad bad BAD person. Ha-na wet herself in front of him - that's proof enough to me that he is not a good person, and that he shouldn't be allowed near her ever again.

If you check the timing on my post, you will see that it was written BEFORE that incident.  We are all theorizing as we go here, and at the time it seemed reasonable to consider What If since the most recent episode at the time had done a little turnabout on how we might view some characters.

I certainly do agree that the dog butcher is horrid, and I have personally found him terrifying since the first time he appeared on the drama.  However, I think that sometimes we have to question our own reactions so that we can see both sides of the issue, and that is what I was doing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I am still reading through all the wonderful thoughts here.  Welcome @cyan5tarlight to the thread! Impressive first post here! @bebebisous33 i am overwhelmed with real life and the holidays so please forgive me for not responding in a timely manner. @partyon hahaha, lab are gentle giants, no, no, not guardian animal.  My GF was hurt being dragged by her lab rushing to meet another dog while running.  Dog was supposed to protect not hurt her.  She almost disowned her. LOL

Before going back to rewatch the last two episodes, which had my mind spinned like no other.  My gut feelings are

• Could Cha Woo Kyung not be (part of) Red Cry, but someone whom the organization or person wants to be the martyr for?  She is Red Cry's Joan of Arc unknowingly, someone they want to champion and carry out the vendetta under.  Feels like Red Cry tried to solve the problems and abuses WK discovered through her therapy.  Thus she is the common link among the cases and all roads seem to lead back to her.  Also, Red Cry commits killing based on limited in view (only approaching from the victim/child's perspective),  punitive (like it is only interested in dolling out punishments instead of trying to solve the problems or save the family unit),  violent (this is the part that worries me the most).  I can't see how a person's conscience not be bother by the murders even if you are an abused child working as vigilants.   Is Red Cry someone who can dissociate the killings and compartmentalize its meanings while living a second life? The person(s) must be a master in manipulations.  I can see why Woo Kyung is a suspect here as she continues to struggle with her memories and anger outbursts.   
  • I also wonder if WK has some power in changing what will happen.  Girl in the green dress is based on her own repressed past connecting the current child abuse cases to her own.  It's a gift that transcend the usual therapist skills and made her someone Red Cry possible admires?  Once she can figure out what pushes Red Cry's button and set the vendetta in motion, would she ever be in danger?  Right now, she seems to be safe even as she is involved and solving the crimes.  She even contacted Red Cry  yet we have not shown any consequence to the online contact.  Why would that is?  Why wouldn't Red Cry want to silence her unless it wants some recognition, want to enroll her into the group or sway her to the cause of protecting the victims.  That is puzzling for me  
  • There is definitely an unchecked anger in Red Cry, manifested as revenge so Red Cry could also be abused victim(s) in the past, not just adults revenging for children.  The anonymity of the dark web, the shadow, allows an otherwise mild manner repressed individual power to control and change things he/she otherwise cannot in real life.  The more the murders continues, the more I feel this is less to protect the children, more to take back power in Red Cry's life.  So are we looking at individuals who are invisible in the society just like the Children of Nobody.  Is this Red Cry's way of being seen, heard and validated besides championing the abused?

@bedifferent I am glad that you were able to come back. Your post had some good points, especially about Red Cry. You are right, this is not just about revenge and helping the victims. His need to free the abused children by killing the abusive parents could be in reality a way to seek for validation and recognition, maybe he feels so powerless without committing murders. He could be frustrated in his/her work. Since CWK is in the center of all the cases, it seems that CWK is his idol and reference. She is the one who judges these people and the sentence was executed. I am still inclined that the director of that Children Care Center is the mastermind.  

Archived