[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

Episode 32  is confirmed as the last.^^

Thank you to the cast and crew for a well done job.  Pending the ending, this drama ranks in the top 5 thrillers for me. 

BTS

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Joo Suk Tae = enigma vs psychopath.  We shall see soon.

Spoiler

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018-2019] Red Moon, Blue Sun/ Children of Nobody 붉은달 푸른해 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - FINALE tonight
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First 2 minutes - CWK confrontation with her stepmom.

CWK said she remembered everything...that her stepmom killed her sister. 

Her stepmom questioned her whether CWK saw herself she killed her sister?

Then her stepmom reminisce about how difficult for her to handle little SK.

She admits that indeed there was once SK was unconscious, but then WK's father took her to the emergency.

After that, her father decided to send away SK to other house (?) because he knew stepmom couldn't handle SK.

Her stepmom insists that she is not lying and she really doesn't know where did WK's father send SK away to.

What???? So, real SK is alive???!!! That's why we see from the preview WK's is searching for a house??? :blink:

Okay... continue watching..... (please excuse me for countless editing to this post.. I am commenting while watching the uploaded raw episode)

Minute 2 to minute 9:

In the interrogation room, YTJ being interrogated by JH and SY. JH asks him about LEH, how could he act as if LEH a stranger knowing LEH is his brother. Because he still need to accept and see his patients, and LEH died as a murderer..soo.. hmmm.. it's a matter of fearing for the society's opinions to him. 

KJH asks when did he know that LEH is his brother. It was few months ago when LEH deliver some packages to his office, and when he need to sign the document, he saw his name and there, they awkwardly united. 

Then about the settlement for the hit-and-run, YTJ said that perhaps because he is a "brother" that's why he is wiling to spend the exorbitant settlement amount. YTJ asks is it a crime being a brother to LEH? What is his crime. KJH hands him the police investigation report about Si Wan's dad murder case. YTJ cynically asks KJH is he the only one in this world who got adopted to foreign country? What is KJH's real reason for suspecting him? Was it because he is LEH's brother? Is a murderer's brother is a murderer too? What nonsense is that *laugh*

Woooo...KJH looks angered by YTJ's words, asked SY to exit the room. He sit face to face with YTJ and sternly looking at him and told him off that he knew YTJ is Red Cry. YTJ said that KJH must have used the same coercive manner to LEH before, and started to do his pen-tapping thing.

Ufff....YTJ and his pen-tapping hypnosis... he did it again in the interrogation room to KJH to make him feel the guilt for shooting LEH dead. :persevere: Wahhh... He said KJH doesn't really want to catch Red Cry, because he is someone he couldn't be. Gosh!  I think KJH realizes what YTJ is doing to him with the pen-tapping. He grabs YTJ and tell him don't talk rubbish. Don't think he doesn't realize what YTJ is doing. And YTJ laugh it off and asks if he is mad. YTJ said he is not Red Cry :ph34r:

Pheww... recapping ain't any easier... 

Minute 9 to minute 15

YTJ is released. And CWK enters the police station (Uuuuu..nice teal colour coat). 

KJH tells CWK YTJ is LEH's brother. KJH carefully tell WK that he still think YTJ is the Red Cry and his theory about how YTJ being Si Wan's counsellor contacted SiWan's mom through black chat and coerce her to be accomplice. KJH warns WK's to watch out. 

In her car, WK receive another black chat from RC. Well this is just rough translation with my limited Korean:

RC: So, now you can search for your sister's body, right?

WK: Mom said she doesn't know anything about SK after she was send away. 

RC: Find your sister's body.

WK: Why do you think my sister is dead?

RC: You stepmom is a liar.

RC: Find your sister.

KJH saw WK chatting in her car. 

WK is meeting YTJ. She ask why did he didn't tell anything about meeting his brother. YTJ said people who have complicated family history like him won't really tell about their family. WK's look intently into YTJ eyes and said "Liar". Then flashback of LEH telling her at the police station about something someone told him that "what the use you think about the director and his father. They just use you!" WK said to YTJ that those were his words. YTJ cut WK off and said he doesn't want to talk about LEH anymore. 

YTJ asks WK whether she believe that talk about her sister being alive? WK said, it haven't been revealed yet (or could also be [SK's body] has yet to be found). YTJ said hastily: So, you have to find your sister's body. WK look at YTJ differently when YTJ said "your stepmom lies...." and remember about the chat. 

Looking dazed, WK asks YTJ, are you Red Cry? Woooo...straightforward! Wk said "you have the exact same words!" YTJ being dodgy said that, I don't know who and what other people said to you, I am now doing a counselling. You have been lied to by your stepmom your whole live, I just meant that don't be tricked again. It's common sense,isn't it? " Whoaaa...and that look in WK's eyes....

WK's back to their family house.

Minute 15 to Minute 22:

WK come in to a dark house and finds her stepmom unconscious on the kitchen floor. She called 119 anxiously and cries "You can't die like this!". At the hospital, Doctor explain something about her stepmom body is failing, and because she reject the treatment, it is getting worse faster. 

So, WK told current SK about her real sister, and current SK is shocked about the news and couldn't believe that her stepmom is her biological mom. WK tells her that stepmom is dying, but SK asked her don't her about giving her blood to that "Ahjumma", just let her die instead. WK ask SK couldn't you do it for me? I need to find my sister. She (stepmom) seal her lips and not telling me what happened to SK. Don't you I think I deserve to know what happened to my sister (or how my sister is doing?). I am asking this favour from you, SK. 

WK brings SK to stepmom ward room. Oh, so current SK was called as Song-i when she was young by her grandmother. SK asks her why you are so adamant about dying? Because I have too many sins. SK calls her "Mom" and asks her to stay alive and pay for whatever her sins are. Chat between Red Cry and WK:

RC: Have you found your sister?

WK: Mom is in critical condition.

RC: Was it just a bluff when you criticize you stepmom?

WK: What do you mean?

RC: If it is me, I would have find other way.

RC: The way to perfectly hide a child.

RC: Try do a research. 

Thus, WK asks KJH what is the perfect way for a criminal to hide a body since he has seen a lot of crimes. KJH gives her tips that the criminal would find a way that enable them to look out for whatever they hide to make sure it's safe. At the parking lot, KJH asks WK what will she do after she found her sister's body? Is she going to pass a judgement to her stepmom? WK said she never thought about passing any judgement to her stepmom. KJH said something about Red Cry would try to do something. WK said she just want to know the truth. KJH asks her it hasn't reach the point where she feels hell right? Then, KJH ask WK to promise him one thing: when she finds herself in front of that hell door, please give him a call. (I don't know why I'm squealing to thing.LOL!). 

Minute 22 to Minute 28:

WK wearing the (controversial) red coat (LOL) and went to their family house. 

She remembers that her father once show her and her real sister the floor plan of their house prior that "green dress ripping" event. She search through her stepmom wardrobe and found that floor plan (more of blueprint) and confirming each and every room in the layout. Annndddd... she looks at the fireplace! The fireplace was not in the blueprint! So, it was not originally there! Then WK doing one-man demolishing works, and tear the fireplace. OHHH MYYYY GOOODDD!!!! She found the green dress buried under (emmm..but no skeleton??)..and mannnn... it is heartbreaking to see WK wailing like that! huuuu... :tears:

Stepmom woke up from seemingly nightmare and is so surprise to see WK looking at her intently, with indescribable look on her face. Huuu.. 

WK: DO you feel happy that you are alive?

Stepmom: Why are you here?

WK: Let's go home mom. There is someone that you must meet. Let's go home...

At home...

WK drags her Stepmom and she is so shocked to see the green dress. 

WK: How do you feel after meeting again after 30 years?

Stepmom dropped to her knees. 

WK: You said she was send away. If she was sent away, why is that thing there? I ask you, why is it in there?! Tell me!! Tell meee!! 

WK: After burying the child, you act like nothing happened, you laugh, you eat, you sleep, live like nothing happened. Both you and dad are horrible person! Really beyond horrible!!!!

Okay, last episode will be in new post. This post is too long already. Hahahahah!

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Okay, last episode will be in new post. This post is too long already. Hahahahah!

Thank you so much!  It's a lot of hard work recapping, especially with editing the same post over and over.

We knew it had to be the fireplace!  But I'm worried about WK.

And I really, really love this:

Then, KJH ask WK to promise him one thing: when she finds herself in front of that hell door, please give him a call.

Minute 28 to minute 34.5

Stepmom: After I gave her a bath, she was still alive. I even repair the ripped green dress she liked so much, and let her wear it. She was still fine then. [flashbacks of young WK calling her unconscious sister]. Who would have thought that she would have passed like that? 

WK's dad carried little SK out from the room, and found bruises on SK's body. Stepmom wailed over the dead SK. 

Meanwhile, WK was laughing watching her cartoon. Her father called her, and she ask who are they?? She lost her memory!!! Oh my, poor child, she must have so shocked that her mind become defensive. Stepmom said, that's when she have the thought.

WK: what thought? The thought of burying the child and replace SK with your daughter?

Stepmom in her defense, you must know it, you also raise a daughter. There are times when you hate Eun Seo. It was the same for me. Those time raising children was so hard to me. I also have been suffering for 30 years. I have been in pain as much as what you feel now!  

WK: Pain? What pain did you suffer of???? DO you even know what being in pain is???? Pain is what my sister is going through being buried underneath here!!!! [Ohh.. I cant bear to watch this part :tears:]

Suddenly stepmom push WK and spouting nonsense! :rage:

Stepmom: What do a dead child know about pain! The one who is alive who felt it all! I am the one who felt the pain for the whole 30 years! You! Have you never beat Eun Seo even once?? That child [SK] was just unlucky!!!!

WK: Unlucky??? I rather you ask for forgiveness, what make you so great that you are so shameless saying things like that??!!!!!!

Stepmom: Crazy b***h! How dare you speak like that to a mother who raised you for 30 years?! 

WK: Mom?? Mom?? Who is my mom?? Mom?? Mom?? Who isss myy moommm???? [grabbing stepmom]. Are you a mom?? Are you even a mom??? How come a mom is like this???? How could you be a mom like this????!!! [WK throws all the picture frames on the fireplace :wacko:]

WK's narration: Something about her questioning her inner self when does all her fury started. Like, was it after knowing all this, was it from a long time ago. When has it started.

And she grabs a hammer...walk draggily to stepmom and chant the word "mom???" repeatedly, andddddd ready to swing...

until...

a small hand in green dress grab her hand. :tears: The other hand drops the hammer. WK turns to look at the child. WK drops to her knees and the child touches her face. :tears: They hugged while WK cries calling out SK's name. SK disappear, and WK says "I am sorry, SK ah..."

Sorry for slowness... I have to decipher Korean too at the same time.. Hahahahahah! :rolleyes:

Minute 34.5 to minute 43.5

KJH receives a call from WK (auuww :rolleyes:). 

WK: I found my sister. My sister was here all along. 

Police car in front of the house.

KJH arrives. 

Outside the house under a big tree.

JH: Are you okay? You should go to the hospital later. The child's remains will be in the National Forensic. 

WK: Do you know what I almost did just now?

JH: [I don't really catch what he said but somewhere along the line, just like LEH, it would be hell]

WK: My sister SK....SK.... (and she cries)

While SY getting information from stepmom, WK chats with RC:

RC: Have you found your sister?

WK: Yes.

RC: Did your stepmom tell you the truth?

WK: It was dismissed by the expiration of the statute of limitations.

RC: Are you satisfied?

RC: Can you forgive your stepmom?

WK: I can't think of anything now.

(WK watch her mom silently outside the ward door her stepmom packing her things).

Jump to the scene SY getting scold by a male detective.

And KJH being all defending her. 

"Don't touch my kids. I won't let it go if you do this again." WOooooo... Kang Jin Heon.... :blush:

Then the IT geek in KJH team (I forgot his name!) tell him that he found something about YTJ. That YTJ did something to his patients and make them forget about it. Like it's something only YTJ can do?

At the house, stepmom playing with Eun Seo. While WK in a daze. She recalls her chat with RC:

RC: Your stepmom seems to get a new life thanks to your virtue.

RC: In the end you help your mom pack her things.

RC: Clap clap clap. You are indeed a good daughter. [Annnddd they finally reveal RC's face!!! Yes! He is YTJ!!]

Then RC keep messaging her about how SK lost her chance to live and all  and all these alternate with scene of SK and her mother and they being smiley (trying to brainwash WK). All his words get WK to think...and think...and think...seems like for days.

Jump to police station.

KJH asks where is SY. IT geek says she went out just now to meet her brother.

KJH asks why her brother always come here?

IT geek says, he look into it and it is about him being arrest for illegal gambling.

KJH went to detective he told off last time and doing something sketchy there giving the detective that canned underwear. Trying to please him and the reason he scold SY. Hahahaha! 

Then... KJH trying to call SY and found she is beaten by her stepbrother behind a building. KJH beats him. Yashhhh! Take it boy!

While they talk about it, KJH asks SY why are you staying still when he beats you?

SY said, I was told that when brother beats me, I must keep quiet.

Who said that?

Mom.

You real mom?

(yeah, well something about keeping her mom place in the household. KJH is speechless with her mom). 

KJH tells her not to meet her brother alone anymore. If she has to see him, tag him along. 

KJH: why are there so many scarred people? 

Okey, final part is next...

Minute 43.5 to minute 59:

Stepmom room.

WK: The caregiver ahjumma left.

Stepmom: Why? It's not even weekend yet.

WK: She looks tired. I asks her to go. You can manage by yourself just for tonight right?

{oohhhh... I am anxious here}

Stepmom: Yeah, I will be alright. I think I will be fine without caregiver. You should go too. You must be tired.

WK: Mom? Are you happy? 

Stepmom: Why do you ask?

WK: Just asking. You seems happy.

Stepmom: I don't know. I just live.

WK: To my eyes, you looks happy. That shouldn't be. I am leaving.

RC: Are you ready?

WK: Yes. (OHHH MYYY GOOOODDD)

RC: You won't regret this later?

WK: I won't regret it.

WK: Why are you doing this "job"?

RC: The same reason as yours.

RC: Feeling guilty.

RC: Fury

And someone breaks the window.

RC walks in and about to open the stepmom door.

WK: So, it is you Sunbae.

YTJ: Do you change your mind?

WK: she said something about taking the chance to live...

YTJ: DO you think your choice is right? Don't you feel angry?

WK: I do feel angry. I want to kill her. Hate her. But, I have to many people to protect. (and some other words after that) Phewwwwww

And light on.

KJH and SY point their gun to YTJ. 

YTJ: sigh. Possibility? Chance? (I don't know what face is he making, defeated or thinking of other trick) Good job WK. Good job.

Interrogation room:

KJH asking about SiWan's father death.

YTJ admit to being RC.

And there flashbacks LEH asking YTJ about his dream. 

YTJ did hypnosis to LEH and feels the fury.

And that's when they started to take action of that fury.

YTJ collects information, LEH take the matter to his hands.

The one who beat KJH was YTJ.

KJH asks why did he took SiWan's and WK's case on his own.

YTJ said: Do you know what I feel when I hypnotized LEH? "I am glad that it wasn't me". 

KJH: It's similar with Siwan and WK feeling gulty to their sister.

YTJ: What about you? Can you bear to see those trash doing all that to children? Can you forgive them?

All the flashbacks 

KJH: I can't forgive them. I would never forgive them. But, I do not think about giving them a judgement. What am I to judge them? 

News about YTJ getting caught for murder.

KJH discuss with Captain whether he ever felt to let the culprit away even though he obviously know who the culprit is. Captain said, he did. 

KJH doesn't feel proud even after catching RC.

WK put flower bouquet at the spot where LEH died. 

KJH: I didn't think about bringing flower.

WK: You come quite fast.

KJH: I depart right away when you said you want to come here.

WK: LEH was jealous of you. [flashback when LEH and WK in the car]

KJH: I am the opposite of LEH. I don't really like children.

He thought that taking care children come with heavy burden of responsibility. I was wrong. [Hana hugging him]

It was not a burden, it was a bless. I started to realize children are like this. 

WK: Looks like Hana had a big impact to your life.

KJH: Are you okay about your stepmom?

WK: I still can't forgive her. I don't have confidence that I will. But, my EunSeo really like her grandmother. But, it is possible for me to give her the chance to live YTJ talk about. 

And WK walks away.

WK's narration: Through the darkness of the night, every night I shed tears. "Unni, I am scared" ....reading the book entitle "Red Moon Blue Sun". 

Ends with WK hug the green dress girl...our little SK. :tears:

24 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Stepmom: What do a dead child know about pain! The one who is alive who felt it all! I am the one who felt the pain for the whole 30 years! You! Have you never beat Eun Seo even once?? That child [SK] was just unlucky!!!!

OMG!  This makes me grind my teeth.  Stepmonster feels no responsiblity at all.  This is painfully typical of many abusers: they feel justified; they feel the have done nothing wrong; instead they feel that they are being wronged.  

On 1/14/2019 at 6:14 PM, cyan5tarlight said:

Either the flashbacks are a reliable source of information, or they're not, we can't have it both ways.

Especially now that I've seen the finale, I think this point is exactly why I still have my doubts. I re-watched Eunho's confession scene the other day and I think you're right that there are just too many full face shots and whatnot for the flashbacks to be false. The problem is I think the flashbacks actually really aren't fully reliable all the time. For instance, in the final episode they show one flashback about how Eunho and Tae Joo reunited and then discredit it later on with a completely different flashback. I think the flashbacks were also intentionally misleading/ambiguous at times too, such as when we were led to believe Eunho killed Hana's mother because the person was wearing the "good person" mask and Eunho walked out of the room holding it, but then they showed a flashback of Tae Joo taking off the mask right after implying that Eunho was the one being chased the night Jiheon got beat up. They tried to give the impression it was as an exception, but they never bothered to explain what exactly happened. I guess we're to assume either Eunho somehow managed to call his brother who was at a party nearby and they did a complete switcheroo while Jiheon was chasing him, or the guy who picked up the envelope was actually Tae Joo in the first place despite what the flashback implied.

When you combine the questionable reliability of the flashbacks with the fact that most of our cast is known for lying it becomes very hard to know when you're supposed to take something at face value and when you're supposed to suspect it of being a red herring. This is why I really wanted there to be some kind of hard evidence involved in this mystery. Instead everything was solved with confessions from unreliable characters. When you add the multiple plot-holes/unfinished plot-threads to that it ends up undermining the "Aha!' moments you're supposed to get from the mystery and leaves you feeling like things don't add up. I guess the writer tried to bite off more than she could chew with this work and relied a little too hard on red herring twists for suspense.

By the way, I hope this doesn't all come across as me trying to prove you wrong!  I feel like I keep directing all these long argumentative essays at you, but quoting you is just the easiest way for me to segue into my own ramblings... I had all this stuff pent up I wanted to say and ended up word vomitting it all on you lol

On a completely different note, I really liked how CWK's arc was handled, even if the ending took me by surprise. The idea of CWK, who had a perfect life before, taking her sister's place by living in misery hiding the secret of her sister's death so her sister can rest in peace while the stepmom who previously lived in misery gets a second chance at a happy life was certainly interesting to say the least.  The show brings up so many interesting talking points right up until the end and I wasn't expecting it to end on such a thought-provokingly dark note.

Overall, I'd give this show a rating of solidly above average. If it weren't for the plot problems and the wasted potential with Eunho and Tae Joo's relationship/motives behind the murders this would definitely have been one of the best dramas I've ever seen though. It's a shame that the characters of Eunho and Tae Joo both ended up feeling inconsistent and hard to understand. The guy made his brother a raging murderer out of guilt that his brother was abused instead of him???? Am I supposed to pity him and accept that as a plausible excuse? Someone please tell me I'm not the only one left scratching my head at how that got wrapped up haha

Finally, it is really ended. It is sad but somehow feeling empty. There are not much things revealed in the final hour. Still applaud the writer for her  work, and the casts for their great performance. I did not sleep early today due to some matters, so feeling so tired and sleepy right now. May write little bit review later.

vlcsnap-2019-01-17-03h24m26s331.png

phewwwwwhhhh!!! Finally done with the recap after three hours! 

I am satisfied with how they wrap up WK's arc. 

But, for the brothers' arc? Kinda feel there are some loose ends there. 

So, his action of letting LEH killed all those people was because of his guilt to LEH being abused instead of him?

Then why didn't he be the murderer himself???

LEH could've live if YTJ didn't veil himself just collecting the information, thinking he was doing all this out of guilt and helping LEH deal with his fury.  He is the one who ruined LEH the most! Hmmpphh!

LEH is the most pitiful character here.

He didn't get even the slightest chance to redeem himself and live a new life. His life ends in agony. :tears:

That being said, overall, this gonna be one of my top list for best thriller kdrama.

Bravo to the whole production and actors! 

YTJ did hypnosis to LEH and feels the fury.

And that's when they started to take action of that fury.

First of all, thank you so much again for the recap!  I am so glad to be able to read before watching.

The ending seems both good and empty.  The bad people are caught.  WK didn't fall prey to the temptation to kill.  She is still friends with KJH, and that seems so important.  But there's no real resolution.  That's a little painful; however, real life is like that, too:  we can find out the truth but then we have to keep on living with the consequences.  So I have to applaud the writer for keeping it real, right through to the end.

The part I quoted is one thing that bothers me:  a person cannot be forced to do something against their nature by the use of hypnosis.  LEH was not a killer at heart.  I will never believe that he was.  And the fact that he essentially did "suicide by cop" seems proof that he was punishing himself at the end so that he didn't have to live with being a killer.  If YTJ convinced LEH to do something that was against his nature, then LEH would have found it hard to continue living. 

Now I say "convinced" because I do Not believe that hypnosis did it; I think he may have wanted to please his brother or to impress him so that his brother would love him.  That can be the worst hot button issue for an abused child:  believing that they cannot be loved.  No one ever loved LEH, and he still tried to show kindness to those around him, even to his abusers; that takes real courage.   But the world can be unjust:  until he died, LEH was nothing but a tool for others to use--and his brother was the worst user of all.

Gives me a headache just to think about it.

I'm glad I saw this drama through to the end.  Totally worth the watching.  Thanks to everyone else who was here, too!

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

First of all, thank you so much again for the recap!  I am so glad to be able to read before watching.

The ending seems both good and empty.  The bad people are caught.  WK didn't fall prey to the temptation to kill.  She is still friends with KJH, and that seems so important.  But there's no real resolution.  That's a little painful; however, real life is like that, too:  we can find out the truth but then we have to keep on living with the consequences.  So I have to applaud the writer for keeping it real, right through to the end.

The part I quoted is one thing that bothers me:  a person cannot be forced to do something against their nature by the use of hypnosis.  LEH was not a killer at heart.  I will never believe that he was.  And the fact that he essentially did "suicide by cop" seems proof that he was punishing himself at the end so that he didn't have to live with being a killer.  If YTJ convinced LEH to do something that was against his nature, then LEH would have found it hard to continue living. 

Now I say "convinced" because I do Not believe that hypnosis did it; I think he may have wanted to please his brother or to impress him so that his brother would love him.  That can be the worst hot button issue for an abused child:  believing that they cannot be loved.  No one ever loved LEH, and he still tried to show kindness to those around him, even to his abusers; that takes real courage.   But the world can be unjust:  until he died, LEH was nothing but a tool for others to use--and his brother was the worst user of all.

Gives me a headache just to think about it.

I'm glad I saw this drama through to the end.  Totally worth the watching.  Thanks to everyone else who was here, too!

Oh Oh.. I need to clarify that the hypnosis YTJ did to LEH was to retrieve his memory. 

He kept getting the dream / nightmare each night to the point he doesnt want to fall asleep.

And that dream has been bothering him (He told YTJ that).

Then, YTJ suggest the hypnosis for him to retrieve that memory.

That hypnosis was not to influence LEH to murder someone.

But, it was after retrieving his memory, LEH felt the fury, and YTJ being guilty that he feels glad it was not him being abused.

Thus, taking the matter to hands. And the rest is history.

Minute 28 to minute 34.5

Stepmom: After I gave her a bath, she was still alive. I even repair the ripped green dress she liked so much, and let her wear it. She was still fine then. [flashbacks of young WK calling her unconscious sister]. Who would have thought that she would have passed like that? 

Just popping in to help fill in some blanks for you @ellelyana88 Great job recapping!

Just in case this isn't clear for anyone, I believe stepmom was telling the truth when she said Sekyung died from pneumonia (or something similar). She didn't die from being abused, she died because her parents were scared that if they took her to the hospital for treatment they would be investigated for child abuse because of the bruises on Sekyung.

Outside the house under a big tree.

JH: Are you okay? You should go to the hospital later. The child's remains will be in the National Forensic. 

WK: Do you know what I almost did just now?

JH: [I don't really catch what he said but somewhere along the line, just like LEH, it would be hell]

WK: My sister SK....SK.... (and she cries)

WK says to JH, "You predicted what I would try to do, didn't you?" and JH affirms that and thanks her for not doing so. He tells her watching another person become the same way as LEH would have been hell for him. WK cries that SK was the one who stopped her.

Then the IT geek in KJH team (I forgot his name!) tell him that he found something about YTJ. That YTJ did something to his patients and make them forget about it. Like it's something only YTJ can do?

I didn't catch all of this segment myself, but from what I did understand I believe IT guy discovered an old thesis or research paper that YTJ authored regarding a new technique called the "Anti-Defense Mechanism" which would be able to break down the mental barriers people create for themselves to forget traumatic events. This is likely what his hypnotism technique is and it's how he was able to find out everyone's dark secrets.

Then... KJH trying to call SY and found she is beaten by her stepbrother behind a building. KJH beats him. Yashhhh! Take it boy!

While they talk about it, KJH asks SY why are you staying still when he beats you?

SY said, I was told that when brother beats me, I must keep quiet.

Who said that?

Mom.

You real mom?

(yeah, well something about keeping her mom place in the household. KJH is speechless with her mom). 

I'm not entirely sure about this part either, but I think SY had been bailing her stepbrother out for his gambling and that he'd been beating her up when she didn't want to pay anymore. Basically, the justification for why her mother told her to put up with it and SY herself didn't complain about it was because he was her family. This seems to be a running theme in this episode.

YTJ: DO you think your choice is right? Don't you feel angry?

WK: I do feel angry. I want to kill her. Hate her. But, I have to many people to protect. (and some other words after that)

One of the things WK said was that she herself wasn't completely innocent either. As a person who's committed plenty of crimes as well, how could she take it upon herself to punish someone else for their's?

WK: LEH was jealous of you. [flashback when LEH and WK in the car]

The flashback was LEH saying he was jealous that JH doesn't have any wrinkles (worries) and then JH snarks in response "Is that why he gave me a giant wrinkle?" lol

KJH: Are you okay about your stepmom?

WK: I still can't forgive her. I don't have confidence that I will. But, my EunSeo really like her grandmother. But, it is possible for me to give her the chance to live YTJ talk about. 

I believe what YTJ was trying to say to WK was that to let the people live would be to give them another chance and to believe in the possibility of positive change in the future. I think YTJ felt they didn't deserve that chance and so he favored killing them. However, WK chose hope for the future over hate of the past. Although nothing will change the crimes her stepmom committed in the past, her daughter wants her as a grandmother and WK doesn't want to take that away from her. Instead she's grudgingly choosing to help hide her stepmother's crimes and move forward knowing that her stepmom will spend the rest of her life trying to make up for her past by being the best possible grandmother to EunSeo and reconnecting as a real mother with fake Sekyung. 

WK's narration: Through the darkness of the night, every night I shed tears. "Unni, I am scared" ....reading the book entitle "Red Moon Blue Sun". 

I believe the rest of the story went that the Sun felt so bad for her sister, the Moon, that she decided to take her place in the scary darkness. The moon became red and brightly shone like the daylight sun while meanwhile the sun became tinged blue shining in the darkness of the night.

Wow, I just hate dramas like this!!!  It was so excellent from beginning to end that it is hard to accept all of the other drivel that is out there!  It is true I ask a lot of a drama but the one thing that is of utmost important to me is that a character stays true to what they are and I'm not talking about growing - which is great - but when a writer takes a character and completely changes and makes them do things totally out of character, it is the death knell for me and that drama.

This one was superbly written and never veered from its path.   Oh if only there were more like this one!  Bravo to everyone involved in terrific production.  

More PLEASE!   :rolleyes:

really beautiful show. there's a few things here or there but mostly i wouldn't change anything and i honestly didn't find questions unanswered or anything unreliable or choppy. everything worked for me in this reality. i am gonna miss this show so much. the ending had me very satisfied, i don't really know what else to say.

actually i lied i do: humans are really resilient.

5 hours ago, kumakumo said:

Just in case this isn't clear for anyone, I believe stepmom was telling the truth when she said Sekyung died from pneumonia (or something similar). She didn't die from being abused, she died because her parents were scared that if they took her to the hospital for treatment they would be investigated for child abuse because of the bruises on Sekyung.

That would still be classed as abuse, they neglected to properly care for her that includes getting her proper treatment when ill. She doesn't deserve another chance. She still shows her nasty side with her comments to WK. She all nice now with Eun Seo but I be worried she makes some off her off comments and screws with her head as she gets older. 

AH man EH got screwed to the end so heartbreaking his story. His bro fed his rage instead of helping him properly deal with it. Used to the end the poor soul. He dies but mum gets a chance of redemption. Grrr... but alas such in life....

I really enjoyed this drama, fantastic work by all involved. Loved lurking and read all you comments. Till the next drama take care guys.

Just finished watching the finale.

To me. It's bittersweet but I still love this drama.

The moment when CWK smashed the fireplace and found little SK.. I think I cried as hard as CWK.

I'm so glad CWK did not kill herself or anyone.

But I'm pretty sad that the step mother got away with it and she's living well and reunited with her real daughter.

Aargh! Where's the justice?

I can understand why Dr Yoon wanted to push CWK into taking some action in the end.

Although it's futile but I seriously can feel why he needs to see through it.

The part of SY with her step brother...

It's just annoying that she is still being so docile and letting him beat her even though she is all grown up.

Aargh. I wish I am the one beating him up instead.

I'm a little like Red Cry afterall.

I only wish Red Cry did not kill anyone but just reported the abuse with evidence and etc so that they can continue to protect the kids.

17 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Just finished watching the finale.

To me. It's bittersweet but I still love this drama.

The moment when CWK smashed the fireplace and found little SK.. I think I cried as hard as CWK.

I'm so glad CWK did not kill herself or anyone.

But I'm pretty sad that the step mother got away with it and she's living well and reunited with her real daughter.

Aargh! Where's the justice?

I can understand why Dr Yoon wanted to push CWK into taking some action in the end.

Although it's futile but I seriously can feel why he needs to see through it.

The part of SY with her step brother...

It's just annoying that she is still being so docile and letting him beat her even though she is all grown up.

Aargh. I wish I am the one beating him up instead.

I'm a little like Red Cry afterall.

I only wish Red Cry did not kill anyone but just reported the abuse with evidence and etc so that they can continue to protect the kids.

to me that's the beauty in it. the last few moments of the show were somber but it really does reflect life. and that's the point. like how unfair is it that the statute of limitations ran out? how unfair is it that the mom is happy? but now she can spend the rest of her life making amends even if it will never be enough for CWK or both SKs. 

and for SY...she's beholden to him. that's also the power of abuse. such a strong strong girl who can't do anything more. 

but after all of this it's not really a question of what's right or wrong i guess but about what we have to do to keep living. like eun ho thought CWK couldn't live through knowing about her sister. CWK has been through hell and back. trauma after trauma and she survived and will survive. 

i dont think the show really needed to answer questions about JH and his ex because it was either a termination or a miscarriage but he also kept going. and he had a seemingly okay life. didn't experience the traumas like the rest of them and he isn't perfect. 

it's so bittersweet but this wasn't a melo, it was an investigation and a look into why,, what, and how. it showed that we have no right to judge because what does that even mean? and i think most of all the whole idea of "life, the possibility" means that they will carry on and will know love more and be happy. CWK's daughter loves her grandma so much and she won't know about what happened for so long; i'm sure in a healthy world she would be told. but her reality is a blissful family that's still broken, an aunt, a father and his partner, and a wonderful mother. 

we don't get everything we want or the results we want or the resolution but CWK found a way to live time and time again and do what she needed to do which is help kids. same with the rest of the living and not incarcerated (lol) cast.

and JH knowing love from ha na. GOSH. i have to watch that waikiki show season 2 just for lee yi kyung lmao my love. 

i do wish the same about eun ho and red cry. about putting the people on a literal trial instead of a corporal one and i was sooooooo gutted that EH was RC and his fate but even in this kind of absurd revenge reality there was so much realism in how it played out. i wouldn't watch this drama to be happy or anything but what we got to experience was really visceral i think. VERY PLEASED.

Red Moon, Blue Sun: Episodes 27-28

by odilettante

redmoon2700210a.jpg

With Red Cry caught and no longer a threat, it would seem like the case is closed and there’s little left to investigate. Except the case was a little too neatly closed — that can’t be the real end of things, can it? There’s also the on-going mystery of the little girl in the green dress, which Woo-kyung gets closer to solving thanks to the help of an old friend.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/red-moon-blue-sun-episodes-27-28/

Archived