[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

35 minutes ago, qynn said:

.....I've had the feeling that Red Cry would be caught but the drama would end with another hooded figure taking over Red Cry's role, which I actually wouldn't mind (as long as it's not WK). 

I don't believe that continued vengeance and violence is the answer in either this drama or real life.   What is needed is vigilance:  watching over those who are at risk.  What is needed even more is healing for those who have been harmed.

Although some might be tempted to believe that Red Cry is doing good work, that isn't so.  Red Cry has been guilty of abuse and of being coersive, not to mention outright murder.  This is both morally wrong and against the law.

As human beings we need to educate ourselves on recognizing abuse and on how to help others.  It is not our job to revenge it.  That is for the law to deal with.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys, what a crazily good drama! I have found the ONE after Secret Forest.  Many of us were good at guessing about RC and the third missing girl, let's guess about the ending next?! :lol:  @ktcjdrama  maybe we can keep track a list of the guesses just for fun.

@twin-twin those scenes are perfectly composed by PD along with the lighthouse shots;  love them, thanks, esp this one.  Like how PD depicts memories like my computer Time Capsule where it backs up the computer at different times.  When you recall the computer back ups, you choose a frame in time like Dr Yoon did with the steps.:lol:

49671208_2957164214309786_82017929686218

Love all the posts, you all have said a lot about my own thoughts.  To add:

• Dr Yoon was nonchalant about his tablet screen saver.  What is the possibility that Eunho and EunTae (or one of them) did not know that they are brothers?  This is an online organization after all where members chose not to reveal identities for safety and anonymity.  The person that has been telling Eunho all along about breaking free is RC leader yet hard to believe that EunTae did not express grief, anger or remorse over Eunho's death.  Eunho wanted to protect RC, unknowingly for his brother.  It's a small possibility that add another tragic level to this drama.
  • EunTae wanted to push his agenda of revenge on the perpetrators and parents.  In theory, he himself never was truly abused since he was able to forge a new better life.  I think this is where the disconnect to the abused children came from.   Their future, the parents' own dilemma, their fears and complicated lives were not fully considered (or even secondary to) the crimes by their parents.  
  • I believe Dr. Yoon when he said he has no time to kill being a busy psychologist.  He deemed himself the judge and direct the executioners in the forum.  The actual killing is something he considers beneath his intellect and ability hence is left for the "minions" that he recruit.  I don't know, I sense a superior attitude when he talks to CWK/JH, a complex of savior to children and families.  There's our God complex.
  • Soo Young, you are still on my radar as RC member. HAHAHA  red herring are you?
  • What if Dr Yoon views RC as a social experiment from a researcher point of view?  Mix in with his personal background as an orphan and his twisted sense of justice/revenge, did he want to start a revolution for the dark web justice fighters?  He is preparing to be exposed, knowing well that his little experiment has changed many people, thus has no fear since they will carry on with his fight once he is captured. 
  • What Dr Yoon missed is the chance to make things better like others have said.  He saw the worse in people yet where is the responsibility as a therapist to use it for good?  What Eunho thought, the damages beyond reparation, could have been fostered by his brother EunTae.  The interesting thing is EunTae himself was able to break the violent cycle when he moved overseas, why does he himself not have a more optimistic view on the problem?
  • Agreeing that he is grooming CWK to take his place as RC mastermind.  I don't think he altered CWK's memories in those hypnosis sessions  The villain atm is stepmom.  She's guilty, just how much more of CWK's memories are locked and hidden esp about her father and the fight between the sisters or the accident?  It's up to CWK to handle her own demons and will herself to not succumb to the hate.  I wonder if the girl in the green dress will reappear to pacify CWK's fury and guide CWK to deliver the right form of justice for little SK.  At the end of this drama, I wish the GGD stays in CWK's life, a part she embraces instead of feeling guilty about so to help other abused children.  It's a special gift I wish CWK retains as a therapist for SEASON 2!  If the writer decides to send GGD off, I hope it's a happy farewell for CWK.
  • Where is the justice against cheating husband and mistress?  Can we have JH deliver it too?
  • CWK needs to solve her own past, that is her right.  Choosing to hide RC's identity, establishing a connection with him, are understandable.  I hope once that part is done, she will reveal whatever she knows about RC to JH and the police.  I just don't want it to be too late to stop a killer cuz there is a chance that RC will kill stepmom even if CWK doesn't.  That has its own ramifications, beyond another trauma for CWK... that's abetting RC crimes in addition to hurting her trust she has with JH.  
  • We talked about forgiveness and redemption.  Seeing stepmom accepting her disease, how much of it is to protect her own dtr SK and how much of it is atonement for her actions?  I really want her to confess the past to CWK cuz of the power she has.  The power to bring truth to light.  It's also an opportunity for the drama to send a positive message about accountability prior to forgiveness.  I think that is the best parting resolution for CWK and her reparation for the little SK/GGD.  The light at the end for all the darkness we have seen in this drama.  The GGD walking out in the sunlight in the poster.
  • CSK (stepmom's dtr), what conflicting dilemma to find the person whom you hate based on character is your own biological mother.  The manipulations and lies supposedly for your own good.  How you were viewed unwanted by society that you were kept a secret by your own mother?  How your mother stole another child's identity for your own? You are innocent in the whole scheme of things yet how much of your fortune is based on another child's misfortune?   A case of nurture vs nature where you are not your mother's child.  Poor SK.

Anticipating the ending next week.

3 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Checking in a minute to drop this::ph34r:

PLOT TWIST:

It was WK's father who accidentally killed little SK. 

Hahahaahahahaha! 

Ok, bye....running away...

Checking out :tounge_xd:

HAAHA... ok, I am going to start the list about the drama's ending.

Episode Finale (the one that will screw all of our minds) - projections

• ellelyana88:  CWK's father killed GGD/SK accidentally

13 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

HAAHA... ok, I am going to start the list about the drama's ending.

• KCW becomes the new RC
  • JH adopts Ha Na. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:
  • KCW becomes the new RC
  • JH adopts Ha Na. 

lol that would be a good set up for season 2 in that JH tries to stop WK from becoming RC and carrying on in that organization or she could pretend to join and stop RC if Dr. Yoon isn t RC :scream::joy:

55 minutes ago, gaby81 said:

lol that would be a good set up for season 2 in that JH tries to stop WK from becoming RC and carrying on in that organization or she could pretend to join and stop RC if Dr. Yoon isn t RC :scream::joy:

You misunderstood... I meant KCW, JH's colleague, the officer behind his computers... but your mistake made me laughleaf

CWK becomes the new Red Cry!! However, I doubt it because she has a daughter she loves above everything, even when LEH was aiming at her, she thought of her daughter. Besides, the way she confronted her stepmother showed a certain coldness but strong will... her emotions didn't take control over her mind. 

• bebebisous33: KCW becomes the new RC
  • bebebisous33: JH adopts Ha Na. 

Mine.

• Ji Hoon buys and sleeps in a PPL-placed bed
  • Ji Hoon buys IT guy cup of PPL-placed coffee
  • Soo Young wears a pink dress to team celebratory dinner (... oops, wrong romantic comedy) 

BTW, what if JH's reason for sleeping in a bath tub is his mother's rod punishment of his bed-wetting as a child...

• SY quits the police force and opens a women's self-defense martial arts studio.
  • Tech guy opens a Subway Internet Cafe.
  • The SPCA buys the dog butcher's land and opens a shelter for animals.
  • JH starts a sideline business manufacturing dual-use bed/bathtubs.
  • WK takes charge of Haneul and makes Korea safe for children.
  • Red Cry disappears forever because it is no longer needed.

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

• It turns out that Eunho was in a coma and not actually dead and Wookyung promptly adopts him and makes sure he gets proper therapy.
  • Adult!Sekyung also moves in with them and Eunseo.
  • Wookyung frames the picture Eunho drew of baby!Sekyung and hangs it in a place of honor where everyone can see it every day.
  • Eunho and Jiheon become awkward besties.
  • Jiheon moves out of the bathtub and starts sleeping in a real bed.
  • Sooyoung finally kicks her stepbrother's @$$ and starts smiling more.
  • The dog butcher's dogs all get adopted into good homes and Hana is given one of the puppies.
  • Sora becomes a pianist prodigy and singlehandedly lifts her and her mother out of poverty.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, thistle said:

I don't believe that continued vengeance and violence is the answer in either this drama or real life.   What is needed is vigilance:  watching over those who are at risk.  What is needed even more is healing for those who have been harmed.

Although some might be tempted to believe that Red Cry is doing good work, that isn't so.  Red Cry has been guilty of abuse and of being coersive, not to mention outright murder.  This is both morally wrong and against the law.

As human beings we need to educate ourselves on recognizing abuse and on how to help others.  It is not our job to revenge it.  That is for the law to deal with.

While I do agree that Hana is in a much better environment now, it's not clear that Hana's mom was such a terrible mom. She simply did not have the resources to be a good parent. It was explained that she was homeless when she was young, and possibly mentally (or intellectually?) impaired. At the very least, she took Ha-Na with her when they escaped the dog farm after her husband killed her baby son. We don't know much about her, but I don't know if she's such a bad person who deserved to be murdered.

Suk-Woo's mom (the boy that Woo-Kyung killed with her car). Yes, she was a terrible mom, but she obviously became one too young, and clearly didn't know how to take care of her kids. And after she was hit by a car, she showed some conscience and wept for Suk-Woo. And for whatever reason, Dr. Yoon decided to pay off her debts and allow "supervised visits" with her own daughter, which is apparently a healing thing for both of them.

If the world was a more perfect place, there would be more social support for troubled families. Maybe Hana's mom could have been a better mom if she had some guidance and support. Maybe Suk-Woo's mom would not have neglected her kids if she had support as well.

And if these families did not benefit from social support, maybe their children would have been removed from their homes and placed in care that was better for them, at least. And the parents should be prosecuted for their abuses. (I think that would have been the right solution for Sora and Hana.)

Seeing so many sad and broken families really was painful to watch. Obviously the world is NOT perfect and whatever support or help they needed wasn't there for them. We have at least three children who were literally beaten to death by their parent (Siwan's sister, Hana's brother, and the original Se-Kyung) - so clearly, people who need help are not getting it.

(And of course, you have the Hanul Center which is supposed to provide that sort of care, but was run by monsters.)

*sigh* Anyway, I agree with you that the solution is law enforcement and the judicial system. And I don't think simply killing the abusive parent is the solution - at the very least because it doesn't help repair the damage - and of course, the very fact that murder is wrong, and killing as vengeance is not the solution.

@mushforbrains I'm right there with you! I know there won't be any romance, but I'm shipping CWK and KJH! :lol:

I, too, think that the way the RC organization is set up will make it difficult to fully destroy it or stop by making one key arrest (the psychologist?), since there is no way to know exactly how many people are involved, and who they are. When CWK said it was impossible for Yoon Tae-Joo to be RC because it was impossible for him to get crucial information about the boy (who fell down the stairs) and the abuse at home or murder he witnessed in just one visit, I was surprised that she didn't think of hypnotherapy, since she allowed him to use that technic on her to unlock her memories...

Throughout most of the show I've been wondering if the female police officer, JSY, has the same tattoo Eun Ho had. I thought I saw at least one tattoo on her in the first episode she appeared (the one where it seemed she had killed a suspect), but I'm not so sure about that.

I'm still sad about Eun Ho's death. He was such a tortured soul. I was heartbroken when I discovered what had happened to him when he was a kid.

4 hours ago, thistle said:

• SY quits the police force and opens a women's self-defense martial arts studio.
  • Tech guy opens a Subway Internet Cafe.
  • The SPCA buys the dog butcher's land and opens a shelter for animals.
  • JH starts a sideline business manufacturing dual-use bed/bathtubs.
  • WK takes charge of Haneul and makes Korea safe for children.
  • Red Cry disappears forever because it is no longer needed.

3 hours ago, cyan5tarlight said:
  • It turns out that Eunho was in a coma and not actually dead and Wookyung promptly adopts him and makes sure he gets proper therapy.
  • Adult!Sekyung also moves in with them and Eunseo.
  • Wookyung frames the picture Eunho drew of baby!Sekyung and hangs it in a place of honor where everyone can see it every day.
  • Eunho and Jiheon become awkward besties.
  • Jiheon moves out of the bathtub and starts sleeping in a real bed.
  • Sooyoung finally kicks her stepbrother's @$$ and starts smiling more.
  • The dog butcher's dogs all get adopted into good homes and Hana is given one of the puppies.
  • Sora becomes a pianist prodigy and singlehandedly lifts her and her mother out of poverty.

and @bebebisous33 = so you think IT guy will take over RC? :lol:

Noted above + :lol: + bolded = my favorites.  Writernim should visit this thread for inspiration of Season Deux!

On 1/10/2019 at 7:31 AM, liddi said:

I think it obvious that YTJ is LEH's older brother who had been in Korea 10 years, first as a student, then a naturalised citizen. When did he finally reconnect with his brother? Kang Min Gi insists that LEH did not kill his father 5 years ago. If it wasn't the boy nor LEH, was it YTJ who did the deed while LEH merely provided the alibi to keep the boy safe? If so, it would fit with the timeline when he became a naturalised citizen. If not, was it at Haemil where LEH worked briefly as a youth mentor 2 years ago? Regardless of when the brothers were reunited, it is extremely likely YTJ did hypnotherapy on his brother and found out about the abuse he suffered. Did the fury from that discovery give birth to the establishment of Red Cry? 

I cannot help but wonder if we will find that all the killings LEH confessed to were done by YTJ with his role merely to bring the child to safety, and the only one he actually committed is that of the old director. To be honest, I think I will be a little disappointed if that is the narrative, since it would indicate fear on the part of the script to allow LEH to be culpable. If anything, I would rather both brothers are revealed to be culpable, regardless of how pitiable and tragic their circumstances were. Unless of course, we are given to see that it was YTJ's decision not to let his brother's hands be stained with blood with the exception of the old director, whose judgment had to be performed by LEH himself as a form of exorcism of the older man's insidious control over his life. Was YTJ in the know when LEH chose to die, or did the younger man's choice to protect his brother and their mission also come as a terrible shock to him as well? Is that why he has escalated the judgment of the next target - to honour his brother's sacrifice? 

It is interesting to note that with all the violence that Red Cry endorses and perpetrates, he provides a new lease of life for the victims, and even a second chance for those he deem not guilty enough to deserve death, case in point being Sora and her mother, as well as Hee Soo's mother. Even now, in the case of Shiwan and his mother, there is provision for them to lead a new life in the States.  Ultimately the goal is to ensure the well-being of the child, and no method is too harsh to attain that outcome.

Very interesting points about the brothers. Thank you.

What I'm having trouble understanding is if YTJ did indeed reunite with Eunho as a brother while learning about his abuse through hypnosis, he did not act sooner.  If he knows about the abuse and chose the non-action route except to push Eunho to take the initiative of breaking free, he did not remove his brother from the monster's reach and allowed him to work/live near his predator.  This is sad and confirms for me that EunTae's reasoning is not based purely in love.  It's not in the best interest of the child from the standpoint of a therapist to keep the status quo in an abusive environment.  Even JH/CWK made interventions, how can he not provide the same for his own brother?  It's so strange thus why I thought there is a chance, they don't know they are related. I agree, the drama should place equal accountability on all RC members despite the different reasons and circumstances for their actions.

What I also wanted to know is who killed Siwan's father when Eunho is dead?  Who took the extreme approach when RC could have just intervened like CWK and encouraged a confession from the boy?

@thistle  Despite us living in an imperfect world, it's important that we work together (the police, therapist, mothers, friends, teachers. etc) to collectively help the troubled souls in our society, may they be adults or children.   Perhaps as a group, we can support and balance each other's weakness and strength to do the right thing.  What we need is to speak up, get involved, be kind to those in need.  Every child deserves to grow up whole, without fear, hunger or hurt.  

You guys are hilarious!... Thanks for bringing a little laughter to this dark themed drama :lol: 

Thanks for doing the list @bedifferent I am not good in keeping track of things...

I haven't organized my thoughts yet on the last episode. Still rushing to finish a deadline, got quite sidetracked because I couldn't stay away from new episodes of my dramas :sweatingbullets: and peeking into soompi (too many) once in a while. 

But I'd like to say that based on KSA expressing her wish to see a season 2, it is very likely we're going to have a hanging ending as in the suggestion earlier that some hooded guy (RC) is still out there at the end of the finale. 

Then I also thought about YTJ not knowing LEH is his brother... How ironic it is if LEH's readiness to die after killing Head Director was actually encouraged by YTJ and then later he found out from the police that they were bio brothers....

What a traumatic, traumatic reveal to watch amid tears and more tears, one just as painful, if not more as Director's physical abuse on LEH several episodes back. We see the horror and guilt Siwan has had to live with all this while, how it impacted his young, impressionable mind. At long last, we delve into CWK's past and see through her eyes, the horrific escalation of abuse that led to the tragic conclusion...  the child's echoing screams amid the sickening sounds of dunking in water continuing to reverberate in my ears long after that scene ended. The appalling realisation that her father was complicit in covering up the death of his own child, to the extent of replacing CWK's memories with new ones - colluding with the woman who killed his child to fool the world. And to what end? Was it to protect his wife from repercussions, or his surviving daughter from living her life in trauma? I don't know, but I can imagine the extent of betrayal CWK must feel, when the scales finally fall from her eyes and she sees the parents she love and respect for who they are and what they have done. The immense guilt she must now live with, for not protecting her younger sister, for provoking the fight that led to such a heartbreaking outcome. She has opened the doors to the hell that LEH warned her about.

What next? 

I am of the opinion that YTJ is the founder of Red Cry, one triggered by his own abandonment and the uncovering of his own brother's abuse. I too concur that he has earmarked CWK as the one to assume the mantle as Red Cry upon his imminent exposure and arrest.

Contrary to some, I don't believe he is merely using her - his gutted reaction as he learns the terrible truth of the girl in the green dress from her lips is proof of that. Likewise his attempt to stop the session upon seeing the distress that she was in, only to acquiesce when she insisted on continuing, indicates that he does care in some way for her emotional well-being, and is honest in his belief that what he is doing is to save her from the pain she has been living in - the pain of not knowing. Perhaps he sees in her a kindred spirit and the perfect successor to his cause with her chosen profession as well as her innate compassion and empathy, especially for children who are hurting, her indignation towards abusive parents whom she once termed as monsters, and her own personal experience with abuse. He has known her for 10 years, and his expertise could not have missed the signs of abuse that her psyche has kept tightly buried, one which did not escape the eyes of even LEH. I believe his choice of Siwan is as much to save the boy, as it is to deliberately trigger the hunt for Red Cry once more, knowing that the police had chosen that boy's story as bait for Red Cry in the past. The timing of which Red Cry approached CWK is too perfect to be coincidental, and indicates that he was ready to be incarcerated for what he has done, having already prepared the groundwork that their cause would continue with or without him. Could this be his last deed, before he joins his brother? I don't believe that he felt no pain for his brother's plight... merely that he is one who has held a tight leash on his emotions, and his recourse is proactive, rather than wallow in grief. As for @bedifferent's question about why he still allowed his brother to stay within proximity of his abuser, it could be the belief that LEH needs to be the one to liberate himself psychologically from the old director's hold over him. Only then can he be truly free. I think the memories were unlocked before LEH rejoined Hanul Children Center, and his purpose in returning was to exact revenge by destroying everything that his abuser held dear before finally confronting and passing judgment on him. What I think he did not count on, was LEH choosing to take the fall and dying in his place, hence his escalation of the next judgment and drawing CWK into the fold, despite knowing that she was the one who worked with the police to try and catch him.

UofkT8ZFL2ojbkE5c_Uzd8DEdfjJJpwBVpzj4b5hjTIkCRQOphKu99cpwfZ2qtvfVriAuLKTHqNdRR-fDhtcx89iqioZRDttB3JXhQOAOtnzml_HbLnvr4bA_2iLJyqECn-JVTS6hR9k550liAuwa0C6Jrb2Vi3YDYif2f7dzvsuxcKW7GRBAkw2c7QB5hphKjGjZlBO1dVq10vJ6BIJBVMfNsgLa2O5TCf1GxG5kO9yuxZDvkgUYYlr-TCC0APw7oUIj0-nFAkkPMIM3Pj_gIpUbXJ3EG-MlEJZOugQbGNIGR8oXUNmCa2IHe29UbLfosumqkVux6JtXWNVOzgiUqsPkDNd9E67BZ8WlrL6coqj1O9uEskv_DJH_1VhKa4Ijl2p_MCmZX_Axf07N-55tN4AcsI2V-92xoRdV1Zxo1uailLuONUVddHFi-baQpXMR4l_vp-qspWk5kA6nGmbQuFgxATOWWJfs9BGzUFotsZ3QpwuFOdnf0I1ryZMf5Iov_FKFukAb02NbPDz-PedsrjR7dHjiraBBwYyr5-s-9MNlzrMAhXAAZmfaWGvPoeFAzTK0HPvVufLza9P0X25Ihi_KEX_Ir43BTDyKacLc4t3YVXsax0k0Ozc41Y_nfkUyf09YQR-eURA7OmqAu_Zx2ei=w499-h281-no

I transcribed Daniel Brown's internet post about his adoptive son below, which helps to give an idea of the person that YTJ is:

Little love what made huge miracle

July 15th 1996. It's the day which Christine's and my life had dramatically changed. Usually in literature, the phrase 'dramatically' is being used to describe something goes into terrible situation. However, in my case, it is used to describe totally positive situation. Meeting John was the greatest present that Christine and I had never got before.

After parents had abandoned him, John fled to our family from Korea which is located about 10,000km apart from US. At first John did not try to tell what happened to him when he was in Korea. It was not for his poor English. There was something worse that we could not even expect. Because of poor economic conditions, John's parents decided to abandon John and his brother. Of course, abandoning children cannot be justified in any condition but anyway, John and his brother was abandoned at local port place(specifically in front of a lighthouse). After we noticed what had happened to John, we tried our best to cure him that he can get over those bad memories in Korea.

John was a clever boy, He was energetic and did his best in everything. Academic accomplishment was one of it. John graduated from high school with excellent grades and entered the department he wanted. John showed his interest in psychology and development behaviour.

He said he want to be an expert in child psychology to cure children who experienced troubles as he did. Now John is preparing to return to his homeland and help children in the same situation as him.

Someone asks if it was hard to adopt a child from a foreign country without a drop of blood as my family. When that happens, I always say 'never'. Me and Christine never thought John was special. John grew up to be one of many Americans and he probably got a chance here in America that he didn't get in his home country. And now he is trying to give back the opportunity he got to more children in his native country.

So where does that leave us? Will Red Cry be the one to mete out judgment on her stepmother, or will she be the one to do so, much as LEH did? Will CWK's resurfaced trauma be the trigger for her to give in to the demons inside? Or can she rise above her baser instincts, and let justice take its course in the court of law instead? Will the girl in the green dress reappear once more at the critical moment with forgiveness, love and comfort - and draw her back from the edge of hell that she is in danger of plunging into? I want to believe CWK's redemption is imminent. I must. For her to turn to the dark side would ultimately mean her defeat, and that is something I cannot bear to watch.

That being said, I have some questions that I can't explain yet. 

In CWK's sporadic flashbacks, she saw an older girl in a dark blue dress pushing the girl in the green dress.

Yet during the hypnosis, she is seen to be in an orange blouse. Are we still missing pieces of the puzzle?

Or was that just a production error?

R2CQu73epy9KssYNZxcUWSe_ue4pofRDdhTksnRNQnFPdr3XKTMgUMgdx8o7mnI2QwWv6j-dtrFlWli9t11vtiU1jN5dBPZuTIlGEN99g6CzRnLzwdWK50aIe53NlXJzVHCRSppJxsejxp-ETwF9bSBOGg59JUiNqEuK_KdzLQwxkbURM3T1oSVyd864ej_WATS_ft0tQBqyxPMCYOWYZuXLNTh_-g5_EinZSZ_-O-eg147mZmfIskJ--RsszYuVNu_Z-xRRAwPpgQIbLNP591CoO6eAOIq-T_EEqSNrFZc3gNhR1KJaAXSN91R88oqcRxFX0XCGxcB4cYj6vHjVlakmdcmPtKBNJAc3IVAbndDstcUtJ4Oxm2nAtHbryDVcjHofYC_1rl7JXnzPlVs51zRE7qi-yDL4YvCQXMcaQsJiWszR81p-c4YPRzIyoOazHuebmN6AtL8r4XbOfv4wUHKxGbUYLo9b6qZF1oKDdZBVrHcz9A8MTU8TgVQX5netuQXw_mOjhywsctlIIpUXUEcwIDSaYXkVrbwFobzTae09Zz_i7SEGcDy22fgRor5dcZN3BH7kscrp-6YladouodmSuZukBQpDq5ZQ9Ywo4KKCUdxPky2IWThbk8sNM8YW3nv66MUNfRpQN-Rry3u6SzxP=w489-h566-no

Since CWK was not the abused child, why does the word "forgive" evoke such violent reactions in her? From her suppressed memories, she had always ensured she stayed on her stepmother's good side. Hence if there is anyone at all that has grown up begging for forgiveness, it would have been young CSK, not her. So why?

Some have mentioned seeing the ballerina figurine somewhere. The only one I know of is when Hana asked to see it during her first session with YTJ, upon which she seems seemingly entranced. I have quickly gone through scenes of the other victims' homes/work places but do not see it anywhere else. Can anyone enlighten where the figurine has been seen apart from YTJ's clinic?

zAfr83QOSElDr-Cf6_apmBUd7WEdDoOA4xDirb8wELYvoO8hfzHbVmbIHgguXDyp49CSYNBbm5Ga6NqEuVsQNQDRXPxW5Qk-TfKG66Vq1zKHjD0q0a05-pau8swSLHSiahLHlAQ_1NmBrEop6gjiX0RaRdnHIDPfuEezPEk9qOtzHXUR-WC84-4GYKUOciC_9D-zE2DDBtWXtZpn4Kt9jB-v17SVC6c7R869zbWLS4_XlgSobZ4DBqSZltv9JktCysS6D5tQDCQKOaMlesFwrNdeXx5e9N_VDMWxQXWWhYQLqhhoTFZMnxdHuZH069eTzGgRGPADJbwWSxq0C5S4wJyH_EY37pQpsQk3ONTdxydRTM9XL_YeFyDTbyCY_M-GDJ2SiD8Qe67QJEVBphZuIKiv8GG5BV-RZtsMUaM0d2HNbBXCKpF9vfiBNzPXgLOxHy-1zIvzvyrgaaR8nG_p4No9M9pmPMa4GSUjCOLbyOy9ScrdrMun6PoZOzlQ5dLnMFxXBxFIudUBCM1m0YG2g6s8IVhW-YXV0PI6aWsoC2s8ufKf1okQrOtKbus4DvsdnMQPX67S5pmuBMG2E6tvzvM59VemU3PkFg_SGAzNMsjvPtjfCeXsYIHJpjVp0kLgrJAOzAor4lUA2o1YR-IK6YEH=w499-h281-no

Also, why the 11th hour introduction of JSY's stepbrother and the abuse she suffers at his hand? How does that tie in with anything, other than a last-minute insight into her past and why she holds herself so aloof?

One last hour with the characters and universe who have ensnared me so completely. Please be brilliant to the end.

11 hours ago, bedifferent said:

You guys, what a crazily good drama! I have found the ONE after Secret Forest.  Many of us were good at guessing about RC and the third missing girl, let's guess about the ending next?!

A girl can dream right? :lol:

* CWK and JH fling happened and move on with her life.

* JH no longer sleeps in bath tub 

* SY finally arrest her step brother

* CWK's ex husband became a bankrupt. Homeless and mistress fled

* CWK and replacement SK move in together.

* Step mother dies alone. Inside the fireplace

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

What I'm having trouble understanding is if YTJ did indeed reunite with Eunho as a brother while learning about his abuse through hypnosis, he did not act sooner.  If he knows about the abuse and chose the non-action route except to push Eunho to take the initiative of breaking free, he did not remove his brother from the monster's reach and allowed him to work/live near his predator.  This is sad and confirms for me that EunTae's reasoning is not based purely in love.  It's not in the best interest of the child from the standpoint of a therapist to keep the status quo in an abusive environment.  Even JH/CWK made interventions, how can he not provide the same for his own brother?  It's so strange thus why I thought there is a chance, they don't know they are related.

I also agree with this assessment. Perhaps YTJ knew they were related, but he didn't inform Eunho of it, or neither of them knew. Though, I don't exactly think this is the most likely option, since someone told Eunho where his mother abandoned him, and YTJ had the picture of the lighthouse on his tablet, so. :/ Yeah. Honestly, I'm side-eying YTJ very hard right now. He's an 11 full years older than Eunho, a fully-functioning, professional adult who is clearly trained in people-reading and understanding how and why they tick. He was fully capable of removing his traumatized little brother from his abusive environment and caring for him properly, getting him the therapy he needed and showing him what a healthy family is really like. Even if Eunho didn't want to completely leave the children at the center, he at least didn't have to live there anymore, and could have had a safe and loving home with his brother or in a place his brother found for him instead. We know that YTJ is fully capable of pulling the strings needed to restart someone's life, as seen with Sukwoo's mom and Siwan's mom. Why couldn't he have done that for his own flesh and blood, the person who needed a loving, stable presence in his life the most?

No, instead, he lets Eunho stay miserable and broken, lets him stay under the thumb of his abusers all his life, lets him become a murderer, lets him fester in his own personal hell until the only thing he can think of to end the horrific pain he lives with day in and day out is to essentially commit suicide. Does that sound like someone who really wants to "save those who have suffered"? Or just someone who needs an attack dog to do the dirty work for them so they can stay safely atop their moral high horse and dispense judgement on others with impunity?

In addition, user Hobakky on Dramabeans made this observation after finishing episode 26, which made me sit up ramrod straight in my chair and stare blankly at the wall for a few horrified seconds:

Did anyone else find EH’s repetition of “I guess I’m not a good person” in his confession to WK odd?

First, there’s an irony that a guy that believes he’s not a good person would choose to wear a “Good Person” mask in a vigilante crusade to save children. Second, I feel like a psychopath killer that is unbothered by killing a person would not feel a need to explain to his next victim that he’s not a good person. And finally, his repetition of the phrase sounds awfully like something that someone brainwashed to believe something would say…

Who would try to "brainwash" Eunho to believe something like that? Could it be none other than his own brother, YTJ, so that it would be easier to manipulate him into doing what he wanted? "You're dirty, filthy, disgusting, broken, good for nothing except cleaning out the trash of society, while I on the other hand shall be the angel of mercy to these poor victims and lift them out of their life of poverty and abuse." YTJ might have tried to set up a "two sides of the same coin" kind of deal, where he plays the aforesaid angel of mercy to Eunho's angel of death (even though he might have also carried out some of the murders himself, that remains to be seen). Hence why Eunho might have been the one to take the fall for Red Cry and become the scapegoat for all their crimes. A poor, no name handyman is much easier to demonize and sweep under the rug than a respected and venerated psychiatrist who is just healing those who need it out of the goodness of his heart.

Of course, I could be way off base with these observations, and everything could be far more complicated than it seems, but the fact remains that I really don't trust YTJ. And if it turns out he is affiliated with Red Cry and is directly responsible for manipulating Eunho and leading him to his ultimate fate, then I hope he burns. :angry:

That all being said, @liddi you also had some interesting observations about the matter.

4 hours ago, liddi said:

I don't believe that he felt no pain for his brother's plight... merely that he is one who has held a tight leash on his emotions, and his recourse is proactive, rather than wallow in grief. As for @bedifferent's question about why he still allowed his brother to stay within proximity of his abuser, it could be the belief that LEH needs to be the one to liberate himself psychologically from the old director's hold over him. Only then can he be truly free. I think the memories were unlocked before LEH rejoined Hanul Children Center, and his purpose in returning was to exact revenge by destroying everything that his abuser held dear before finally confronting and passing judgment on him. What I think he did not count on, was LEH choosing to take the fall and dying in his place, hence his escalation of the next judgment and drawing CWK into the fold, despite knowing that she was the one who worked with the police to try and catch him.

This could also be the case, and Eunho could have willingly volunteered to go back to that awful place in order to begin the destruction of his abuser's legacy, but boy, talk about bad ideas. Especially given that he was still being abused even there, even as an adult. I also question why Eunho would be so willing to take the fall and die if he knew his brother would be devastated by the news of his death. That also doesn't explain why, if his brother was a psychiatrist, Eunho wasn't getting regular therapy sessions to help him manage his trauma, rather than just letting him go back to the people that broke him so utterly and expecting him to just deal with it. Makes no sense to me.

3 hours ago, liddi said:

That being said, I have some questions that I can't explain yet. 

In CWK's sporadic flashbacks, she saw an older girl in a dark blue dress pushing the girl in the green dress.

Yet during the hypnosis, she is seen to be in an orange blouse. Are we still missing pieces of the puzzle?

Or was that just a production error?

The one in dark blue dress was the stepmom.

It's the same dress the stepmom wears when WK's was hypnotized at the end of ep. 15. 

I too, once, worried that the one in the blue dress was actually WK and that the one who actually caused her sister's death was her. But, the recent episode debunked my concern. It was clearly the stepmom the one in the blue dress from WK's hypnotized memory. 

The question that still lingers in my mind regarding WK's story is that, how did RC knew the connection between the girl in the green dress and WK's past, that his first instruction to WK was not to trust the stepmom? 

Someone pointed out before, that if Dr Yoon is indeed the RC, then he probably obtained the information regarding the existence of child's abuse in WK's past when she went vegetative state. Her breakdown seeing current SK being vegetative and not moving an inch after the accident might have triggered a part of her memory seeing similar occurrence to real SK, lying cold and dead next to her. Thus, her mind went into defensive mode due to past shock, "locking" herself up and went vegetative. Then, her husband probably get Dr Yoon's help, and I guess that's where Dr. Yoon obtained pieces of her memory (possibly through hypnosis too). 

Well, this is just a guess. Not sure if they are going to explain about that in the last episode.

Perhaps through some conversations between WK and Dr Yoon at the police station, at least to shed some light on that aspect.  

Just rewatching the last 2 eps...loving the song by hakyeon...

Really lovely soulful voice. Don't follow kpop so haven't heard any of his songs. 

Think the psy may have used hypnosis before so may have gathered  info from her behavioural pattern fron 2 years ago. 

Who knows may have used hypnotic suggestion. 

All that pen tapping n ballerinas...

Have seen hypnosis at work... some are susceptible n some not...

For the susceptibles a single trigger ( a word/sound stimulus) may launch them into that state..

i saw half a room or so suddenly drop off into a sleep...then proceed to obey orders or suggestions...

Quite intriguing when you observe it.

Archived