[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

25 minutes ago, thistle said:

You know a drama has gotten to you when you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it. 

As for me, It has gotten to me to the point I can only sleep peacefully after watching at least raw episode. I have been refreshing every site I know the past hour to see if they have uploaded tonight's episode. I am soooooo curious of tonight's episode :joy:

I saw 1 site has uploaded The Last Empress few minutes ago, now waiting for Children of Nobody. :ph34r:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangely enough, last night's episodes left me with a sense of anticlimax... probably since instead of the expected leaving the viewers hanging with more questions than we started, it is beginning to feel like a gradual but sure exposition towards the final reveal. If what I think pans out with as early as 2 more episodes to go, I fear I might be a little let down, and missing the rug which I had so carelessly thrown out just a day ago :sweatingbullets:

I think it obvious that YTJ is LEH's older brother who had been in Korea 10 years, first as a student, then a naturalised citizen. When did he finally reconnect with his brother? Kang Min Gi insists that LEH did not kill his father 5 years ago. If it wasn't the boy nor LEH, was it YTJ who did the deed while LEH merely provided the alibi to keep the boy safe? If so, it would fit with the timeline when he became a naturalised citizen. If not, was it at Haemil where LEH worked briefly as a youth mentor 2 years ago? Regardless of when the brothers were reunited, it is extremely likely YTJ did hypnotherapy on his brother and found out about the abuse he suffered. Did the fury from that discovery give birth to the establishment of Red Cry? 

I cannot help but wonder if we will find that all the killings LEH confessed to were done by YTJ with his role merely to bring the child to safety, and the only one he actually committed is that of the old director. To be honest, I think I will be a little disappointed if that is the narrative, since it would indicate fear on the part of the script to allow LEH to be culpable. If anything, I would rather both brothers are revealed to be culpable, regardless of how pitiable and tragic their circumstances were. Unless of course, we are given to see that it was YTJ's decision not to let his brother's hands be stained with blood with the exception of the old director, whose judgment had to be performed by LEH himself as a form of exorcism of the older man's insidious control over his life. Was YTJ in the know when LEH chose to die, or did the younger man's choice to protect his brother and their mission also come as a terrible shock to him as well? Is that why he has escalated the judgment of the next target - to honour his brother's sacrifice? 

It is interesting to note that with all the violence that Red Cry endorses and perpetrates, he provides a new lease of life for the victims, and even a second chance for those he deem not guilty enough to deserve death, case in point being Sora and her mother, as well as Hee Soo's mother. Even now, in the case of Shiwan and his mother, there is provision for them to lead a new life in the States.  Ultimately the goal is to ensure the well-being of the child, and no method is too harsh to attain that outcome.

From what is shown, it looks like all my theories are torn down again, and it would appear CWK is who she thinks she is, with the only ambiguity being the identity of CSK, whom she could not recognise after reuniting again in Seoul. The stepmother once mentioned that CWK's father only loved her but ignored CSK, which would make sense if CSK was not his own child to begin with, merely a stand-in to protect CWK's fragile mentality. Does this then mean it was her birth mother who abused the girl in the green dress? Did her mother suffer from bipolar disorder, and accidentally killed her younger child, a deed which CWK witnessed and was traumatised over? By the same token, did that deed then push her mother over the edge (hence the recount of her being sick for a long time), and resulted in her taking her own life? Did CWK's father make a bargain with her stepmother to marry her and care for her daughter, in exchange for helping him maintain this facade? If so, why was she so cold to her own child until now, when she appears to be dying? I'm interested to know what YTJ would do once he uncovers the truth about CWK's past. Would it mark her or her stepmother as his next target for judgment? 

2 more hours left. Please please be good to the end.

17 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

nobody watching the latest episode?

No snippets?

I'm dying here! :sweatingbullets:

The raw is up on my usual site.... but I will wait patiently for subs because this is one drama that I want to know exactly what they're talking about, otherwise, I might be pulling out my hair while watching....

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The raw is up on my usual site.... but I will wait patiently for subs because this is one drama that I want to know exactly what they're talking about, otherwise, I might be pulling out my hair while watching....

Please pm me which site is that.. I'm dying out of curiousity here.. hahahaha:joy:

I even finished frying my dumplings to snack on while watching the raw episode. :joy:

23 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

As for me, It has gotten to me to the point I can only sleep peacefully after watching at least raw episode. I have been refreshing every site I know the past hour to see if they have uploaded tonight's episode. I am soooooo curious of tonight's episode :joy:

I saw 1 site has uploaded The Last Empress few minutes ago, now waiting for Children of Nobody. :ph34r:

I feeeeeel you!

Hence I depended on snippets instead of watching RAW else I'll end up losing my sleep as I couldn't magically decipher Korean! :lol:

1 hour ago, liddi said:

2 more hours left.

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong but I think that there is only one episode left.  Today's episode was #15 (or 29/30 if we're counting that way), so January 16 will be the final episode.  This is what I see on the page for Children of Nobody at MyDramalist.

There was a week when only one episode was shown and the other was a special (which I never found subbed online), so this drama should have ended today; instead we just have one episode next week.  

I cannot imagine how they will tie all the threads together so quickly.

Haaaaaaa... No preview for next week! :weary:

It took me quite awhile to make up my mind on what should I write here after watching the episode. (there are so many things to comment on!)

I think I will just focus on my main question: What happened to CWK?

Red Cry answered her question: It was similar to what Si Wan been going through.

That's why Red Cry was interested to that story when CWK worked with the police to lure him out.

Si Wan's sister was (accidentally) killed by their father. Si Wan was forced by his father to tell the police that his sister died falling from the stairs. Si Wan was apologetic to his sister because at that time he felt glad that it was not him the one who died. Since then, he has been testing whether a person could really die from falling off the stairs. Gosh, it was heartbreaking during Si Wan's confession to CWK and watching CWK's expressions. :tears:

CWK's stepmom (also might accidentally) killed real SK while beating her. Stepmom hates messiness, and young WK realizes about it, but real SK was too young to notice. Hence, WK always try to behave to stepmom's "taste" to please her, but poor little SK can't even think about that yet. One day, SK wears WK's green dress, and they fought. Stepmom steps in and ripped the dress, drag little SK upstairs and beat her or I suspect doing something in the bathroom? hmmm.. as for WK, hearing her sister's cries made her feel relief that it was not her who was beaten.

When WK went asleep and woke up, she found SK's cold body next to her. So, the next is history with all the brainwashing.

I wonder how could his dad sided with her stepmom and suggested such cover up? :angry:  That woman killed your kid for God sake! 

But then, what's with the fireplace that WK's stepmom dreads of? Was she trying to warm the poor little SK after realizing  she's dead? Or did she found SK dead in there while running away and hiding from being beaten? Hmmmmmm

Is this drama really going to end in one final episode next week? No news on the extension of at least 1 more episode? 

Writer-nim, just how are you going to wrap all this up and unravel all the threads for us? 

p/s: I practically ROTFL watching it was so easy for the detectives to find out that YTJ is LEH's brother. LOL! Just google it! It's faster than any database! Hahahahaha :lol:

EDIT: Dear WK's real mom, I am sorry for my theory that you had mental illness. I hope you can rest in peace knowing WK would not keep being in the dark anymore. :blush:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/children-of-nobody-eps-27-28-spoilers.html

Spoiler

red+cry.png

In Children of Nobody

[Children of Nobody] Eps 27 & 28 spoilers, Kim Sun Ah x Lee Yi Kyung x Nam Gyu Ri

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2019

1. [+115,-12]
Se Kyung who isn't close with the stepmother may have been abandoned by her stepmother. Instead, the stepmother brings her own daughter in and replaces her. Kim Sun Ah's father dies... I'm sure that Se Kyung is Nam Gyu Ri.... Red Cry is that doctor.

2. [+73,-3]
I was wondering how Red Cry knows about Cha Woo Kyung's sister.. After hypnotizing Cha Woo Kyung.. He hypnotizes her again with that music box and finds out about it.. It's strange to take drugs after getting hypnotized too.. That's why Cha Woo Kyung couldn't remember it..

3. [+62,-5]
Eun Ho is so pitiful... Was he used by his brother...?

4. [+42,-1]
Every episode leaves me amazed. There's no need to say anything more. I hope many people watch this.

5. [+42,-1]
The stepmother did lots of bad things to Se Kyung and is apologetic about it. That could be because she told her not to address her as her mother and wants Se Kyung to lie that she's 

her stepmother.

6. [+27,-8]
Nam Gyu Ri is Cha Woo Kyung's little sister!

7. [+19,-2]
The story is really strong... Everyone.. Why aren't you watching this?

8. [+18,-2]
This is so thrilling.

Spoiler

children.png

Article: Naver 'Children of Nobody' Lee Yi Kyung brings up suspicions on Cha Hak Yeon's death... The real culprit is someone else?  

1. [+118,-1]
Wow~~~ Daebak.

2. [+79,-1]
Hul... Se Kyung is the stepmother's real daughter.. Did the real Se Kyung die? I'm having goosebumps;;; The psychiatrist is Eun Ho's brother... and he's Red Cry... Ah... Cha Woo Kyung is going to be so shocked when she finds out the truth. Every character has their own story.. It feels like Nam Gyu Ri has her own secret too.. Time flies too quickly.

3. [+47,-0]
The scriptwriter wrote this really well.

4. [+51,-5]
Class President Yeom.. [t/n: Joo Suk Tae in Prison Playbook aka the Psychiatrist in this drama] has always been suspicious. I knew it. But I didn't know that he's Eun Ho's brother.. I think Se Kyung is the stepmother's daughter.. Her nose bled.. She's not going to require a transplant and reveal her real daughter through that, right..

5. [+35,-3]
Red Cry is the psychiatrist, Eun Ho's brother.

6. [+31,-1]
I respect the scriptwriter~~ Wow! I've never seen a drama that's high in tension, detailed and has plot twists till the end. It's impossible for viewers won't be able to predict it. Please come up with your next drama quickly~

7. [+20,-0]
The ratings are a pity.

8. [+14,-0]
This is when you use the phrase, "Living up to his/her name." People who have not seen this scriptwriter's previous drama, please watch 'Archiara's Secret'. Personally, I find 'Archiara's Secret' more thrilling and interesting.

9. [+12,-0]
This is the drama of the year.

6 minutes ago, Rafael Pascual said:

3. [+47,-0]

The scriptwriter wrote this really well.

6. [+31,-1]
I respect the scriptwriter~~ Wow! I've never seen a drama that's high in tension, detailed and has plot twists till the end. It's impossible for viewers won't be able to predict it. Please come up with your next drama quickly~

I want Do Hyun Jung back on pay TV next time, be it tvN, OCN or JTBC. She deserves more.

P.S. bring Choi Jung Kyu PD-nim with her.

6 minutes ago, Rafael Pascual said:

9. [+12,-0]
This is the drama of the year.

Spot on, netizen!

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

But then, what's with the fireplace that WK's stepmom dreads of? Was she trying to warm the poor little SK after realizing  she's dead? Or did she found SK dead in there while running away and hiding from being beaten? Hmmmmmm

38 minutes ago, thistle said:

I can think of only one horrific thing:  a dead child means there is a body to be disposed of.  :tears:

Yes, I think so too. The stepmom recalls SK's voice laughing in this episode while looking at the fireplace, thus she covered it with woods when WK came to visit her.

So, the mystery of CWK's family seems to be almost fully revealed, and the final episodes to wrap up with RC case, and "mysterious" relationship between LEH and YTJ.

Quite sad that it is going to end, looking forward the writer's next drama.

Tonight's episode was for me by far the most heartbreaking to watch throughout this drama. :( Seeing CWK start to remember what happened - I couldn't stop crying.

I agree with the LEH-YTJ theory that some people pointed out on this thread.

Also, I have to applaud Kim Sun-ah's performance in this series! She is a PHENOMENAL actress. The way she portrays her character during the hypnosis sessions is unbelievably realistic.

Spoiler

My Korean isn't good enough to understand whether  it was confirmed in this episode that the adult Se Kyung was the real daughter of the stepmom. Can anyone enlighten me?

My thought yesterday was that the female detective might be the real Se Kyung (until tonight's episode was revealed) or the real daughter of the stepmom. But if the adult Se Kyung is related to stepmom, I guess I can throw that theory out the window. Like a lot of my theories so far - too many plot twists :D

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

Tonight's episode was for me by far the most heartbreaking to watch throughout this drama. :( Seeing CWK start to remember what happened - I couldn't stop crying.

I agree with the LEH-YTJ theory that some people pointed out on this thread.

Also, I have to applaud Kim Sun-ah's performance in this series! She is a PHENOMENAL actress. The way she portrays her character during the hypnosis sessions is unbelievably realistic.

Hide contents

My Korean isn't good enough to understand whether  it was confirmed in this episode that the adult Se Kyung was the real daughter of the stepmom. Can anyone enlighten me?

My thought yesterday was that the female detective might be the real Se Kyung (until tonight's episode was revealed) or the real daughter of the stepmom. But if the adult Se Kyung is related to stepmom, I guess I can throw that theory out the window. Like a lot of my theories so far - too many plot twists :D

Yes WK's real sister SK died as a result of their abusive step mother and I bet she is buried in that fireplace because of the step moms reaction as well as the fathers when Fake SK hide in said fireplace. I gathered that she was drown or got water boarded :triumph:

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong but I think that there is only one episode left.  Today's episode was #15 (or 29/30 if we're counting that way), so January 16 will be the final episode.  This is what I see on the page for Children of Nobody at MyDramalist.

Yes you're right. My 2 hours was based on after watching Wednesday's episodes.
Really hope this does not turn out to be a rush job in wrapping up the drama... am already a little concerned to see JSY's backstory suddenly introduced in Wednesday's preview, and hoping that this ties in seamlessly with the arcs that are still open.

Have not caught up with last night's episodes - are we left with more questions than before? 

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I can think of only one horrific thing:  a dead child means there is a body to be disposed of.  :tears:

1 hour ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Yes, I think so too. The stepmom recalls SK's voice laughing in this episode while looking at the fireplace, thus she covered it with woods when WK came to visit her.

So, the mystery of CWK's family seems to be almost fully revealed, and the final episodes to wrap up with RC case, and "mysterious" relationship between LEH and YTJ.

Quite sad that it is going to end, looking forward the writer's next drama.

Omo!

I dismissed that possibility earlier because I don't think the stepmom and WK's father would be so heartless and inhumane!

If that is true and they did dispose the body by burning real SK, that's mean the stepmom is a horrible monster, and her father...?? what??  A devil?? I still can't fathom his father's action covering up for her stepmom! :rage:

He didn't protect WK, he was protecting himself and that stepmom! :rage:

Archived