[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

With the latest episodes, it felt like the climax has been reached. It was so heartwrenching to watch and my heart beat so fast!

Since the climax has been reached, i wonder whether the GDG story will be even more heartwrenching and would there be another climax higher than redcry's. Otherwise it seems the last few episodes would be too anti-climax if it cannot be matched.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Moon, Blue Sun: Episodes 21-22

by odilettante

redmoon2100107a.jpg

Live like a dog, die like a dog. That’s the motto of Red Cry, who seems to believe in the philosophy of “a tooth for a tooth” when it comes to revenge. Not that anyone can blame him, considering the horrible way these parents have treated their children. But a killer is a killer, and a detective must catch the killer — no matter what.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/red-moon-blue-sun-episodes-21-22/

Well, we still have to figure out what is Si Wan's secret... I had thought that Si Wan's secret might be the trigger for CWK to remember but what if watching the shooting of LEH triggered her memory and made her remember what happened in the past... something LEH wanted to avoid.

Here is some random nonsense. A haphazard idea that should not be confused with analysis.

Consider the possibility that Jeon Soo-Young is a part of the Red Cry collective, a group of like minded individuals who are anonymous to each other.

Consider the possibility that Kang Ji-Hun first impression of JSY was correct, she did kill that man.

Consider the fact that for sake of tension the camera focused our attention on KJH yet it was JSY who took the shot without hesitating.

One reason to consider it is timing. There is too much time left (three episodes) on the clock for the big bad villain to be neutralized.

Consider it, then reject it all.

I haven't seen the last two. My internet won't allow me to stream.

22 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Here is some random nonsense. A haphazard idea that should not be confused with analysis.

Consider the possibility that Jeon Soo-Young is a part of the Red Cry collective, a group of like minded individuals who are anonymous to each other.

Consider the possibility that Kang Ji-Hun first impression of JSY was correct, she did kill that man.

Consider the fact that for sake of tension the camera focused our attention on KJH yet it was JSY who took the shot without hesitating.

One reason to consider it is timing. There is too much time left on the clock for the big bad villain to be neutralized.

Consider it, then reject it all.

It would be a good twist, if it turns out that LEH is not Red Cry. I have been thinking about that... what if LEH wanted to take the fall in order to keep Red Cry continuing his work? What bothered me is LEH's words in the episode 12: someone said the exact same things to him than CWK. Who was this person? Then how come that LEH made such a huge mistake in front of CWK? It was deliberate so that he had a reason to take her as hostage... Red Cry is smart and he knows how to manipulate people. I don't perceive LEH as such. In his explanations, he left out the mother of the deceased boy in the hit-and-run. How could he involve someone who had spent time abroad? Striking is the pattern: LEH wanted to commit suicide, just like the doctor PYT. And now the case is closed... Red Cry is someone who does things so that the investigation will come to a false conclusion but the result is: case closed. The moment, the wife of ASW declared, it was murder... a new culprit was needed. With LEH's death, everything on the surface is now explained. 

This drama just shoot up in the list of my favourite k-dramas. And I thought the previous episode hit me hard, guess who was wrong.

And I need someone to clarify to me: was poor Eunho sexually abused by the head director? 

If that so, I'm one of those few people who does not condemn his actions, or him murdering that f**king bast*rd at least. Yes, murder is bad, but I don't feel an inch of pity for the death of such 'people'. 

And on one hand I don't want Eunho to die, I want to see more of him and the actor, just when we got to see him in all of his troubled and vicious glory, but I also don't want the character to suffer more in jail, the poor thing endured enough in his life. 

I feel for EH a lot. He was abandoned in such a pretty place (according to him) and then growing up with the director and the ori director. He was abused in many ways - physically, mentally, sexually.. No wonder he has such hatred against them and eventually became RC to serve as a guardian to abused children. He has experienced a lot of pain throughout his life and as such, believed that the only way the children could be truly free were if their abusive parents were killed even if the child e.g. Bitna loved her mother and did not want her death. 

EH wished to kill CWK in order to "protect" her from remembering her painful memories. He honestly believed that it was better to be dead than to recall such painful memories. This actually made me wonder about parent-child relationships. Sometimes, parents forbid their kids from certain experiences to "protect" them but that robs them from that specific experience. Of course, there are many dangerous situations that could possibly happen and this is a very grey zone but I truly wonder if it is better to "protect" the kids or to let them learn on their own.

Towards the end, we see JH act differently towards EH. He definitely seemed less harsh towards EH. I actually hope that EH survives. I want him to experience love without pain from someone else though chances are slim since it is likely he will be in jail. I just feel a lot for him. He was a happy kid once too who did not know such pain..

EH mentioned that people who didn't suffer in life do not waver, hesitate or even have concerns. I wonder how he would feel once he realises that JH was abused as a child too. I figure that it would be an interesting conversation between the two of them if EH survives. 

I have followed N's acting career after seeing him in Cheer Up!. Even though he seemed pretty bland there, he still had something in him that made me think then that he would grow into a good actor. I was and am still truly blown away by his improvement in his acting chops as shown from the latest episode. His cold expression in the ori director's room with the desk he hated so much. The way his voice turned stony and almost like he couldn't control his anger when he said thanks to the ori director, he got to know so many poems. The hatred in his actions as he tore all the pages from the poetry books he hated so much. His forlorn expression during the ending scenes. Though there are still 3 episodes left, I am already excited for N's next acting job and I hope he gets more opportunities to widen his acting scope. I am sad that the ratings for this drama are not as good.  If only it was, so that all of the actors in this drama could get the recognition they deserved. 

21 minutes ago, howling said:

And I need someone to clarify to me: was poor Eunho sexually abused by the head director?

Yup, I would say so! It was implied in the scene where a young EH was reciting poems and the ori director turned around and placed both hands on his shoulders. That is how I interpreted it anw. 

Okay, so before the next episodes come out next week, I just want to say that if the narrative isn't going to let Eunho live and start getting the therapy he needs, then I hope that they at least allow him one final scene where he can find some measure of peace before he ends up passing away either there by the lighthouse or in the hospital. And if that happens, then I am hoping with every fiber of my being that Wookyung is the primary one to be there for him when he goes, preferably while she gives him probably the first and only genuine hug he's ever received in his life. It would be poetic, in a way. Two adult victims of abuse, one destroyed by his horrific memories and the other haunted by a dark past she cannot remember, her briefly taking the place of the mother who abandoned him while he represents the unborn son she lost at the beginning of the series. TBPH I will probably be inconsolable for at least a few days if this happens, but if they can't let Eunho live and recover so they can hammer their "cautionary tale" point home, this is at least a suitable compromise in my book. A darn sight better then just letting him bleed out on the concrete, that's for sure.

@howling yes, the series confirmed as explicitly as they could without saying those exact words that the Head Director sexually abused Eunho all his life. :tears:

Also, @hushhh @bebebisous33 if your theory about Eunho N O T being the ultimate mastermind behind Red Cry is true, I just might chuck my entire computer out the damn window out of sheer, unadulterated rage. I can't take any more of this show toying with my fragile emotions, dammit! :angry: But it is true that the Sukwoo's mother wasn't accounted for in Eunho's tale. Perhaps it was a freak accident that got her, and he heard about it and considered his job already taken care of so he didn't bring it up? But I really don't think this is a fakeout. There are still some lose ends for the rest of our leads to tie up, definitely; some of the other members of Red Cry likely need to be taken care of because they probably won't stop doing what they're doing simply because their leader's gone, and probably Eunho didn't handle every single aspect of running the site himself (perhaps there was even someone else in the background goading him to continue), but too much adds up for this to simply be another red herring: Eunho exposing himself just as the children's center goes under and he no longer has to keep up the pretense, the subsequent incarceration of the Director and the murder of the Head Director. Eunho knew the police were snapping at his heels and he didn't have much time left, but he got what he ultimately wanted in the end, which was utterly destroying his abuser's legacy, so he felt like he could commit suicide by cop without feeling like he was leaving things unfinished.

@howling The sexual abuse was definitely implied with the remark that the head director would show his "love" to him.

@cyan5tarlight LEH has no idea that JH has been abused himself that's why he thought that JH's commitment and strong will were a signal that he had a normal childhood. He came to this false conclusion as JH has not the same gaze than these of abused children. 

In my opinion, it would be great if JH decided to adopt Ha Na due to LEH, well aware that Ha Na was precious to him. 

I hope too that we will see the ex-husband and the mistress again because I would like so much to see them regretting their actions.   

@bebebisous33 @cyan5tarlight oh my god my mind just didn't want to accept that he was that damaged, but seems like him saying about 'showing love', and placing his hands on his shoulders means exactly that. But when during the last episode when old fart said something like 'i need you to comfort me in a long time again' did he mean he wanted to and did that again? :open_mouth:  

Now I just wish Eunho to survive, escape and live far away with good people and heal his scars. 

I wanted to watch all the episodes before I comment.

Poor Eun ho. He was a murderer but people who broken him are to blame too. I was sure, just like Woo Kyung that Eun Ho wantewd to allure the police to shoot him. I was sad to see him dying but I knew that this is the choosen self distructive path. I know that Eun Ho said that he is Red Cry and explained everythiong  but I don`t know why I was having the feeling that he wanted to take the blame. I was never convinsed that he could be the mastermind. To be involved in the organization, yes, but not the mastermind so, I need a little time to assimilate all the information from the last episopde.

Now we have to found out about Woo Kyung and Se Kyung`s story. I want to know but I am afraid it will be too painful for her.

Oh my heart. :heartbreak:

Poor LEH. 

He was supposed to feel safe at a children's home after being abandoned and not abused!

The turmoil and despair he faced growing up.

It's just too sad..

Robbed of his innocence, I don't blame him for judging the parents from his POV because there isn't any sane adult in his life that told him that it is not okay to kill.

I hope that LEH will pull through. 

He needs to heal. He can't leave the world broken. It's just so unfair for him.

As for CWK, I'm getting worried that the truth might break her as it will be too much for her to handle.

Am I ready to let go off this drama?

Nope. Not really.

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Oh my heart. :heartbreak:

Poor LEH. 

He was supposed to feel safe at a children's home after being abandoned and not abused!

The turmoil and despair he faced growing up.

It's just too sad..

Robbed of his innocence, I don't blame him for judging the parents from his POV because there isn't any sane adult in his life that told him that it is not okay to kill.

I hope that LEH will pull through. 

He needs to heal. He can't leave the world broken. It's just so unfair for him.

As for CWK, I'm getting worried that the truth might break her as it will be too much for her to handle.

Am I ready to let go off this drama?

Nope. Not really.

Honestly, she broke down twice and survived. Notice that after the car accident, the miscarriage and the discovery of her husband's affair, she managed to overcome her pain and grief. She remained sane and didn't spend one month paralyzed like in the past.

That's why I am confident that she will overcome the pain, once she remembers the past. Actually, her unconsciousness/subconscious is indicating that she needs to remember the past. Any psychoanalyst would say that secrets are poison to the mind and in order to heal, the secret needs to be unveiled. If LEH suffered so much, it wasn't just because of the terrible abuse: it was due to the secrecy. He was told not tell anyone about it. He couldn't confide to anyone. 

Finally watched THE ep with subs...

LEH couldn’t heal partly because he never escaped...it was a double whammy....being abandoned and then abused by people who adopted him....one wonders if the abandonment story was true... since CWK brought it up as to how he knew since he was only 2 or 3...or was it used to manipulate him...ie no one can love you.....etc...

i thought i saw saw a hint of a smile as he lost consciousness....with both JH n CWK calling out to him in concern....likely the only time in his life that people were worried for him ....

that’s the true tragedy of his life....

CWK does get all clinical n cold sometimes ....even in that situation when she’s asking him to turn back...with “you are a murderer” spiel...that felt harsh but true to her character...probably learned behaviour from her stepmom...

really good episode...looking forward to the backstories and hopefully some healing....CHAEBAL....

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, she broke down twice and survived. Notice that after the car accident, the miscarriage and the discovery of her husband's affair, she managed to overcome her pain and grief. She remained sane and didn't spend one month paralyzed like in the past.

That's why I am confident that she will overcome the pain, once she remembers the past. Actually, her unconsciousness/subconscious is indicating that she needs to remember the past. Any psychoanalyst would say that secrets are poison to the mind and in order to heal, the secret needs to be unveiled. If LEH suffered so much, it wasn't just because of the terrible abuse: it was due to the secrecy. He was told not tell anyone about it. He couldn't confide to anyone. 

Yes. I should be optimistic.

I do want CWK to remember so that she can heal properly too.

In my opinion, she isn't heal completely and she has to trick everyone around her (her step mother, Dr Yoon, her ex) that she is ok, she is no longer "hallucinating" the little girl in green dress.

The most heartbreaking thing in the world to me is to act like nothing happen, act normal, and fake happy.

If it doesn't come truly from the bottom of the heart, there's no room for healing and getting through the past and live for the future.

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Yes. I should be optimistic.

I do want CWK to remember so that she can heal properly too.

In my opinion, she isn't heal completely and she has to trick everyone around her (her step mother, Dr Yoon, her ex) that she is ok, she is no longer "hallucinating" the little girl in green dress.

The most heartbreaking thing in the world to me is to act like nothing happen, act normal, and fake happy.

If it doesn't come truly from the bottom of the heart, there's no room for healing and getting through the past and live for the future.

I know that she is still tricking her mother and the psychiatrist about the hallucination. She is not "healed" but unlike before, she has accepted these visions and she is not so conflicted any longer. She is still emotional but she doesn't let her emotions overcome her.  

im curious about eunho's warning towards cwk .. that she not try to remember her missing memories because she might regret it. 

right now my 4 guesses are:

a. she was physically abused by stepmom/dad or witnessed her sister be physically abused

b. sexually abused by dad or witnessed her sister be sexually abused

c. bullied her sister in the past

d. she is not the real cwk and was used to replace the real one, hence the planted memories

Archived