[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

ep.5 is messing w/ me. it's pointing to Eunho as the man's killer especially when they showed the hand, it looks like his'? o.O @_@ i kinda suspect him before.. since they talked about a truck in the crime scene. BTW it was funny when Jihyeon said who would've suspect the man when he looks so sweet.

Dtssj39VYAAxdPK.jpg

Spoiler

DWssQChVwAE-rPc.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Now, we have a new element about CWK's life: her actual mother is not her biological mother but her stepmother. She married her father, when she was 6 or 7 years old.

now that's what you call "life is a beach" (or should I say, richard simmons?)

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm still hoping that CWK is not the ultimate villian here.

I don't think uri (our) Woo Kyung is the mastermind.

Ratings:

Nielsen Korea

TNMS via http://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=136774

4.1% / 5.2%

Red Moon, Blue Sun: Episodes 5-6

by odilettante

redmoon0500060a.jpg

When is suicide not a suicide? When it’s murder. At least, that’s what our new favorite detective duo seems to think — but first they have to find the evidence to back up their theory. Meanwhile, the little girl in the green dress continues to haunt Woo-kyung, who tries to ascertain if the little girl is real or not.

EPISODES 5-6 RECAP

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/red-moon-blue-sun-episodes-5-6/

These are my thoughts after watching ep 5:

1. The Red Cry is a vigilante - he/she placed Ha Na near the orphanage which had a smart dog (was a gentle dog but barked when a child was in trouble) who alerted the orphanage staff to Ha Na's presence. I am thinking that this vigilante probably must have grown up in an abusive environment as well and so, is empathising with children experiencing a similar situation. As WK said, "immoral acts with good intentions". The vigilante is killing the ruthless people in the children's lives so they can be put into better hands.  

The ending of ep 5 pointed strongly to EH as the vigilante. It is only ep 5 so I am sure they wouldn't make the suspect known so quickly. There are other possible suspects such as Hye Sun's ex-husband. The director (?) of Hanul Children's Centre was also suspicious. Maybe even WK? I am hoping it is not WK but she does seem to figure out things faster than JH. She also sees the little girl who displays the same gestures as Ha Na. I wonder if perhaps, she has Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) where she has periods of blacking out and performing those acts of vigilante? Seems very unlikely to me though. 

2. WK's stepmother was pretty suspicious based on her reaction when WK asked her if she knew any girl from her childhood wearing a green dress with a bob cut. Her mother is hiding something for sure. 

3. I am surprised that WK was allowed to take Ha Na home. I understand that she is a foster parent but she did have a miscarriage, a divorce and killed a young boy unintentionally, all of which occurred recently. If anything, she probably should not have been allowed to be a foster parent for a while as such events could have an adverse effect on her mental state. 

4. I found JH a little harsh in this ep, mostly because he was quite determined to find the killer which subsequently resulted in him forcing Ha Na to relieve her past even though WK did feel that she was not ready. Children are not as fragile as adults think they are but after going through an abusive environment, detectives or any other adult should be more gentle with them in my opinion. Not excessively gentle but just a little.. 

5. My heart ached for Ha Na who was raised in an unhealthy environment. Sure, there might be some circumstances for parents who are unable to provide well for children but..having to dig through the rubbish bin for paper and crayons and hearing sentences such as, "I will wring your neck." was just heart-wrenching.

6. I do love the developing bond between WK and JH. They seem to work well together as do JH and SY. 

@bebebisous33 @partyon been so busy so haven’t checked out the latest episodes.  Try not to read spoilers and will be back once I can watch them.^^

I really like both of your thoughts about the parents perpetuating the violence toward them onto their children.  Someone has to stop the cascade of (paying forward) violence.  Children who were abused can grow up to be abusers if are not shown there is another option.  You are also right in how one’s actions and feelings reflect and are relative to the person’s (limited) POV.

I am hoping CWK is not Red Cry.  Interesting how we tend to perceive vigilants as men more than women. :)

It is not surprising that Lee Eun Ho is involved in this. He showed all the signs of being a child protector and si wan's conversation with him already proved that he was acquainted with HaNa. It is only the 5th ep and I don't think the end game is yet revealed. The child may not identify him. That hand which shut the child's mouth was not really young, looked mature, well maybe N's fingers are not really slender and beautiful.

Cha woo kyung's conversation with her mother:  it seemed like she was fishing for some information and what a reveal it was that she is her stepmother. The photo with parents and two kids, I think that is CWK, her sister and her real parents. I agree with Ji heon about the green dressed girl. Her mother was also a little unsettled when she asked about the green dressed girl. Also, CWk is not really fitted for being a foster parent in my opinion.

Cha woo kyung's tone change when talking to sora's mom: I got goosebumps. When she called before I thought she was just dumbfounded that why is this woman calling me. But this time even if she has every right to be annoyed her tone was too chilling and indifferent. Seems like CWK has different personalities while dealing with different people. CWK seems little unhinged at times and I hope what is shown in the preview won't happen. What the girl told that "If you say this to anybody I will strangle your neck" Her mother must have told this to her that you shouldn't make your existence known to anybody and it could be true that the father didn't know about the child.

ji heon's police chief: Can he be just a usual Kdrama chief who wants to solve the cases without causing any ruckus? 

soo young discouraging ji heon about the cases.:  Sometimes she is really working hard and sometimes she is just stalling the cases and the way she discouraged Jiheon felt little odd. 

Hyongsaneim, Please do a background check for soo young just in case.

What could be that new evidence that the ajusshi has with him? Feels like that will turn the cases to a new light. There are some cases where a group of people will come together and while one person commits crime another person will cover for him.

Spoiler

like in Accidental detective

Like a relay race and the batons will be exchanged from one person to another. The police will be focussed on one person because he is linked to the case in many ways and may even have a motive but another person who seems to be unrelated to all these will commit the crime. The culprits are not trying to flee from police, they may even want their crimes to be revealed so that it will be a warning to the abusers but just trying to buy time now.

So now, CWK remembers the identity of the little girl. She knows her. But now, here is the question: who is she?

- Did she recognize herself? I mean, she has just pictures of her, when she was around 6 or 7 years old.

- Is she her (dead) sister?

There was an older sibling who pushed her.

The stepmother keeps her distance from CWK and pushed away her hand again. She is hiding the identity of the little girl. She has a secret. I don't think, LEH is Red Cry but it is definitely a man (the legs, the hand). This person looks nice so that people will trust him. Right now, I am suspecting the director of H. Children center because he knew the other orphanage. Moreover, he knows LEH and there is a reason why he kept him by his side. Moreover, he is working with her. And we all know that Red Cry knows CWK and feels close to her. 

On 11/23/2018 at 8:55 AM, Kathy said:

Nothing but guesses at the moment but I'll be surprised if at least some aren't correct.  When she speaks of the 'fury' within her I'm thinking she is going to begin remembering childhood abuse that she has suppressed.  Also, something to do with sister's state????

Looks like at least one of my guesses was right.  The little girl she is 'seeing' is definitely herself, suppressing memories.

Red Moon, Blue Sun: Episodes 7-8

by odilettante

redmoon0700321a.jpg

Getting away with murder seems laughably easy when the only proof a detective has is based on a hunch — or a hallucination. But sometimes hunches and hallucinations are enough reason for someone to continue an investigation, despite all the evidence to the contrary. In order for Woo-kyung to be taken seriously, she must prove that the little girl in the green dress is real.

EPISODES 7-8 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/red-moon-blue-sun-episodes-7-8/

Thoughts based on Ep 6:

1. I am really glad EH does not seem to be Red Cry. He does seem to be a red herring.

2. I do wish that JH was more sensitive towards children though. He seems too forceful with them sometimes. 

3. I am still confused about whether the little girl in the green dress is the younger version of WK. She could possibly be the younger version of WK's sister based on the last scene - the little girl was pushed down by someone older and we already know that WK is older than SK. As WK said though, she does seem to appear whenever there is child abuse or uncaring parents present.

Can I also say though that I love the budding relationship between WK and JH. He provides encouragement for her e.g. "WK, you did it. You saved a child." and also, checks upon her mental state. Unlike her husband, he does not find her crazy for getting delusions and instead, encourages her to find out the identity of the girl and the reason why she seems to see her. In saying that, I do think it might be a little weird if they end up together and Im hoping that they won't. I don't think the plot will go in that direction anyway. 

4. WK's mother is weird.. I wonder how WK's father passed away though since WK did mention in a previous episode that she was blamed for his death. In this latest episode, the mother slipped her hand away from WK during the memorial scene. 

I can't wait for the next episode! Never thought I would find a good drama again after watching 'My Ahjussi'. 

I watched it without the subs. But why do you think WK's father was showing her the pictures and telling her which is what? Did she have memory loss? or were they trying to construct her memory? Like in kill me heal me. is she not who she thinks she is?

Whew this drama is a ride. And we finally got some answers. Girl in green dress is hallucination of someone Woo-kyung used to know, the boy who died in car accident is a poor abandoned child, who was unlucky to be born to parents that can't be even called humans; Eunho was a red herring and is a just a guy who likes kids (tho I was a little excited to see him as evil psycho), abused wife's the one who killed the bastard husband (I feel bad for her but the way she speaks is soo annoying) and Red Cry is the mastermind behind everything. I think the next episodes will shed light on Woo-kyung's past and relatives, there's certainly a lot to be told. I think the green-dress girl was killed as a child and somehow WK was involved so the memory of that traumatic event was blocked and what we see is the manifestation of that child violence memory wanted to be unblocked + some ghostly presence maybe?? And I'm still thinking the murderer is WK's ex-husband, cuz he had access to information that WK had (Sora's dad, the center where WK works etc) even tho he kinda disappeared from the picture. Also I wanted to say the acting is really good, I found myself empathizing with everyone and musical theme is nice.

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So now, CWK remembers the identity of the little girl. She knows her. But now, here is the question: who is she?

- Did she recognize herself? I mean, she has just pictures of her, when she was around 6 or 7 years old.

- Is she her (dead) sister?

There was an older sibling who pushed her.

The stepmother keeps her distance from CWK and pushed away her hand again. She is hiding the identity of the little girl. She has a secret. I don't think, LEH is Red Cry but it is definitely a man (the legs, the hand). This person looks nice so that people will trust him. Right now, I am suspecting the director of H. Children center because he knew the other orphanage. Moreover, he knows LEH and there is a reason why he kept him by his side. Moreover, he is working with her. And we all know that Red Cry knows CWK and feels close to her. 

For some reason, I thought the little girl was her sister, the one who is in a comma. I also assumed that the step mother was the one who pushed her. I thought that what unites them all is the fact that as children they were mistreated and that includes CWK - I think her stepmother was brutal with her and somehow CWK has blocked some of this from her consciousness. Hence the stepmother saying she could not understand CWK at times: I think she is confused as to CWK's reactions to her past actions. She did bad things to them but CWK keeps saying that she was such a good mother... CWK definitely repressed all that and hence the stepmother is confused by some of CWK's reactions and what she says.

Just a question: what heppened to CWK's dad? Did we get any info on that?

26 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

For some reason, I thought the little girl was her sister, the one who is in a comma

That is what I think as well. The person who pushed the little girl just seemed slightly older though and was definitely a kid as well. Doubt it was the stepmother at this point. 

27 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Just a question: what heppened to CWK's dad? Did we get any info on that?

No info on him, except that the stepmother blames WK for his death. 

Finally caught up with the latest 2 episodes and I loved it as usual.

@Rafael Pascual I'm still standing by my blind belief that our WK is not the mastermind And there's really someone in her family is part of the vigilante team! :)

Could it be her sister? (Btw, is WK's sister an elder sister or younger sister? Offhand cannot remember...)

I mean, if WK is a psychopath or dangerous to kids, how can she grow up and be a child counselor right?

I'm more concerned to find out what happened when she was young.

As for WK having the illusion of running over the terrible mother, I'm not actually worried as I see it as an imagination/illusion that was conjured up due to extreme anger.

Because how can anyone not feel angry for the poor kids being neglected by irresponsible parents?

Back to the detectives, JH was a little harsh on his partner.

The way he treated WK vs the partner... He is giving me hope that a fling/relationship with him will happen for our dear WK because she's worth it. 

43 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Finally caught up with the latest 2 episodes and I loved it as usual.

@Rafael Pascual I'm still standing by my blind belief that our WK is not the mastermind And there's really someone in her family is part of the vigilante team! :)

Could it be her sister? (Btw, is WK's sister an elder sister or younger sister? Offhand cannot remember...)

I mean, if WK is a psychopath or dangerous to kids, how can she grow up and be a child counselor right?

I'm more concerned to find out what happened when she was young.

As for WK having the illusion of running over the terrible mother, I'm not actually worried as I see it as an imagination/illusion that was conjured up due to extreme anger.

Because how can anyone not feel angry for the poor kids being neglected by irresponsible parents?

Back to the detectives, JH was a little harsh on his partner.

The way he treated WK vs the partner... He is giving me hope that a fling/relationship with him will happen for our dear WK because she's worth it. 

Yes, I loved the way JH reacted, when he witnessed CWK talking to that imaginary girl. He didn't point a finger towards her and he even encouraged her to find the answer and not just use pills in order to have her illusions disappeared. I also liked how he underlined that with her "hallucinations" she did a great job. I am really rooting for them. I don't need a kiss, rather I would like to see how closer they get so that at the end he remains by her side... some clues indicating that he will become her boyfriend.

Yup finding the chemistry between our two leads intriguing....she needs a hug!!!

Thought that scene between the little girl and her in the car was heartbreaking.

The storyline is really riveting...looking forward to the episodes...hopefully the writers keep going in the right direction....

Had to give up a previous drama cos the storyline went South midway plus they changed the lead

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, I loved the way JH reacted, when he witnessed CWK talking to that imaginary girl. He didn't point a finger towards her and he even encouraged her to find the answer and not just use pills in order to have her illusions disappeared. I also liked how he underlined that with her "hallucinations" she did a great job. I am really rooting for them. I don't need a kiss, rather I would like to see how closer they get so that at the end he remains by her side... some clues indicating that he will become her boyfriend.

Yes!

He is always so gentle and understanding when it comes to WK. 

Did you see his face when he saw WK sleeping in his car? It really set off my romance radar and making me happy!

:wub:

Edit to add this.

I mean... Even SunA unnie posted these pictures in her Instagram.

Spoiler

Look at the silhouette...

Be still my heart... :heart:

Archived