[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, asiaren said:

Jalous and funny at the same time :wub:https://storgram.com/post/B03IgKgp9f0

..............of course, the best grandmas are born in drama  ROMANCE IS A SUPPLEMENT...!!!!!!!!!:blush::heart:

Lol  @asiaren  Cha Eun Ho was soooo jealous, this scene really had me rolling on the floor.  :joy: In fact, the other one was the at the kitchen.   

• Like 2

I am so happy to see that viewers are still finding this drama and enjoying it.  I have recommended this drama to others because I loved the fact that Romance is a Bonus Book did not have all the nonsense that many K-dramas are plagued with.  The entire cast were great.  They made me laugh, curse, and sigh.  One of the funniest scene for me was when all of the stockholders came to work wearing their beige/tan trench coats...lol.  As I am writing, I am smiling, thinking of other funny scenes... there are many; therefore, I am going to stop here.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I have recently found kdrama...and in particular LJS.  Hulu served up While You Were Sleeping to me, and before I could even be too bothered by the subtitles, I was hooked.  I've since watched W, While You Were Sleeping (for a second and third time - and lots of extra scene views), Doctor Stranger, and now Romance is a Bonus Book.  Where I was infatuated (especially with LJS) already, this one has pushed me into a whole other dimension of obsessed.  It has stayed with me for days on end.  The lack of sleep while I continually keep re-watching my favorite parts is starting to add up.  Yet I can't let go.  Don't know whether it's the single career mom in her forties in me, dying for a second chance at love (though now my bar is even higher after LJS), or my passion for books...but this one has grabbed my heart and won't let go.  And honestly I'm not sure I want it to let go.  This feeling is truly indescribable.

Of course none of friends have even heard of a kdrama.  My children think I'm insane.  This much passion just can't be contained...and so here I am...pouring over what others have written and feeling immensely sad that I'm late to the party.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2019 at 3:53 PM, sgfan said:

Time really flies fast! I read about this drama late Oct last year, and we're now done with the finale..

I've quoted @stroppyse 's translation of Episode 13 preview here. Does anyone remember watching the highlighted? From the preview, it looked like EH had invited DY over to his room and shy DY was pacing in the hallway. Perhaps a deleted scene?

I was really looking forward to watch that preview, too bad it is not shown in episode 13 :( . I thought it would be cute and funny. 

• Like 1

Image may contain: 4 people, text

6- “Romance is a Bonus Book

giphy.gif

Looking for: A mature romantic comedy

When: 2019

Cast: Lee JongSuk, Lee NaYoung

Summary: The drama tells the stories of people who work at a publishing company.

Why watch?: If you are looking for a mature and down-to-earth love story, this is for you. The main female character acted by Lee NaYoung is divorced (with a child) and is struggling to build up her “new” life. The drama is opening eyes on societal issues and has a ‘realistic’ plot. The sweet couple also has plenty of heart-fluttering scenes with good chemistry and solid acting.

8– “The Hymn of Death

giphy.gif

Looking for: A romantic tragedy

When: 2018

Cast: Lee JongSukShin HyeSunLee JiHoon

Summary: With background stories on Yun SimDeok and Kim WooJin’s musical works in the 1920’s, the drama will tell the love story of Korea’s first soprano Yun SimDeok and genius playwright Kim WooJin.

Why watch?: No time to be bored with this short 2 episode drama based on a real story. The acting and set are perfect. The story is dramatic and heartbreaking from the very first scene.

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-kdramas-to-watch-on-netflix/

...........VIA....ibru:thumbsup::heart:

7 K-Drama Pairings That Are Actual #HealthyCoupleGoals

JONG SUK CUT

1. Eun Ho & Dan Yi in “Romance Is a Bonus Book”

Spoiler

Lee-Na-Young-Lee-Jong-Suk.gif

A lot of drama couples meet as children, but usually, they forget each other until Destiny does its thing. It’s the rare couple that stays friends for life, which is a pity because it makes for a great relationship: they know each other inside out and the love is already there before the romance begins.

Spoiler

Lee-Na-Young-Lee-Jong-Suk-2.gif

That’s Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), a couple who would do anything for each other, even if they weren’t dating. They support each other professionally, emotionally, and even when it comes to doing housework. Then when their hard day is done, they curl up together and read books to each other. Fifty years down the line, we’re sure they’ll be doing the very same thing.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315735wpp/7-k-drama-pairings-that-are-actual-healthycouplegoals.............VIA.....ibru:thumbsup::heart:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

69543697_135561837761279_3244412191422671911_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=111&se=8&oh=38b650813a9a705b4295703bbd2ffe65&oe=5E1EEA8E&ig_cache_key=MjE0MDg5NzUxMDk4MDQ2MzA1NQ%3D%3D.2&_nc_ig_catcb=170413892_191762468490475_7048773440528576984_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=107&se=8&oh=173004e5bdb27e19b1b8fa1b671cb73f&oe=5E215849&ig_cache_key=MjE0MDg5NzUxMDk2MzYxODAzMg%3D%3D.2&_nc_ig_catcb=170515024_1458410474300747_6007147752616368735_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=111&se=8&oh=fd6b381f9162fe90634e6639ad81c674&oe=5E209969&ig_cache_key=MjE0MDg5NzUxMTAwNTczODcwOA%3D%3D.2&_nc_ig_catcb=1

apoo0613

15 minutes ago
Normal

Repost @kembie0206 with caption ・・・
Congratulations to Na Tae Joo-ssi, on his poetry being selected as the winner of the 30th Sowol Poetry Awards. This poetry book was featured in the drama #romanceisabonusbook , as seen held by #LeeJongSuk
250919 Images repost from @rhkorea_books. Thank you
제30회 소월시문학상 대상 수상작, #마음이살짝기운다
"서정시의 첫 물줄기를, 본래 바탕을, 원류를 잊지 않고 지켜온 시. 소박하면서도 간결한 언어에 명징한 심상을 실어 서정시의 새로운 경지를 열어놓고 있다."
-심사평 中

The So-Wol Poetry Prize (Korean: 소월시문학상) is one of the most prestigious literary awards in Korea. Established by Moonhaksasangsa, a publishing company, in 1986, the prize aims to commemorate the soul of poetry of Kim Sowol.
The awardees are selected through a two-round process, in which published poems are first selected, then evaluated by university professors, literary critics, poets, editors-in-chief of literary magazine, and journalists in literary fields (1st round).

The first round also includes the results from enquiries asked of the readers of Moonhaksasang, the literary magazine published by Moonhaksasangsa. Then, as the final round, 10 works of poetry are decided through the discussion among renowned literary critics and poets: one earns the grand prize, the rest are titled as the recommended objet de vertu.

Every year, Moonhaksasangsa publishes the collection of awarded poems.
~ Info on Sowol from wiki .
Thank you wiki for the info
TQ @rcnwann and @leejongsuk.sunnyshining for highlighting
@ jongsuk0206
#leejongsuk
#beautifulpoetry
#poetryawards
Cr owner / source:thumbsup:

• Like 3

kembie0206

P4  [The Books in ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ — Part 2]
by Marion KDL 019519
Na Tae-joo in Romance Is A Bonus Book
I want to give you my most beautiful thoughts
[가장 예쁜 생각을 너에게 주고 싶다]
(2017)
Author: Na Tae-joo (나태주)
Publisher: 알에이치코리아 (RHK)
English translation: None
“I like this book,” says Kang Dan-i (Lee Na-young) after she reads it as an evening lecture with Eun-ho in episode 14.

They both take turns to read the following part out loud:
Each and every one of us
is a star traveling across the universe.
Stars that got lost and ended up here
after wandering the vast universe.
No, that’s not true. We’re stars that ended up crossing paths
right here in this moment
Because we missed each other and longed
for one another for a long time
That makes us miraculous stars.
The stars that travel across the sky only twinkle.
They are never sad or lonely.
However, we’re stars that feel lonely and sad at times.
Stars that have regrets.
And that makes us such lovely stars.

This book becomes quickly Dan-i’s favorite and her constant companion, as she tells Eun-ho in episode 15.https://deskgram.cc/p/2144823523330571948_5868972926

69562827_187662388923113_3043179179794364986_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix8-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=105&se=8&oh=5b7394a4d767e216a40a891d8221a0ef&oe=5E3BBE81&ig_cache_key=MjEzNjQyOTMzNDczNDYwMzI1MA%3D%3D.2tea_liar_

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is December and I just started watching this drama. Am at episode 12 and losing much sleep trying to complete this as fast as I can because I just can't wait to know what's next.

I initially found it strange with the big age gap of the leads but I must say they paired well together. So sweet! Gosh, the scenes of them going out on a weekend together and also the one in the cinema on their first date is making my heart swell. 

• Like 3

54247258_599204167173087_6349887205486934976_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fvno1-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=ppk4salIxp8AX-5ytZr&oh=3c23f4009cb3febdce0c821eb9dfddcb&oe=5E952A19&ig_cache_key=MjAwMTcwNTQ4NzExNjE0MzQ0Mg%3D%3D.2My dear fans :heart:
Thank you for your support and support for Cha Eun- ho.
I think it's been about 10 years since I met you as an actor. I'm still adjusting to a time I'm not in, but I'm leaving it a little late because I only got one last missed greeting.

There are so many special things in the world because it's not special. I think one of them is me. I'm special because of you. I wanted this drama to be something for you. So I thought more about how to act, and I wanted to show as much as possible, so I tried various hair and costumes. I feel sorry for not doing better after passing.

But obviously, I met Cha Eun-ho and learned how to relax a little bit more. There was a time when I had been disappointed with myself because it became difficult and heavy at some point because of my desire to do well. But through this drama, I realized how to melt into the character more smoothly. I've known a lot, but many things look different and feel different.
I can't express it all by saying thank you that I've received a very big gift. I miss you a lot, and I will miss you more and more, but I'll come back to you at a little late.

Like the footer you wrote ... It'll be a name that comes to my mind.
A
tree-like person whose roots and branches stretch out in your heart and can't be cut off with tender leaves.

I hope you are well and healthy. I always love you.jongsuk0206:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, asiaren said:

There are so many special things in the world because it's not special. I think one of them is me. I'm special because of you.

But obviously, I met Cha Eun-ho and learned how to relax a little bit more. There was a time when I had been disappointed with myself because it became difficult and heavy at some point because of my desire to do well. But through this drama, I realized how to melt into the character more smoothly. I've known a lot, but many things look different and feel different.
I can't express it all by saying thank you that I've received a very big gift. I miss you a lot, and I will miss you more and more, but I'll come back to you at a little late.
I hope you are well and healthy. I always love you.jongsuk0206:thumbsup:

Thank you @asiaren for sharing - nice to recap that post from Jong Suk-ssi.   As always, he humbles himself much and put the fans first before him.   We are so grateful to him for giving us Cha Eun Ho before he entered MS.  That charming , never-give-up-on-your-love Chief Editor is one of a kind! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1