Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

I don't understand why the male lead didn't just stand up for her, he is even still hiding the fact that they've known each other for 20 years and that he literally owes his life to her. Normally I'm oppsed to nepotism, but she really is an extremely valuable, able and hard working employee, and they fired her on a technicality??? If I were him I would have threatened with resigning, like really, he is one of the founding members of the company, he is very well known, it's not like he would have problems finding a new job. He doesn't have to stay in that company, he wouldn't starve, he's staying out of loyalty, but loyalty goes both ways. If they wouldn't even do him a favour which would also benefit the company, then what's the point? I am so disappointed in him!

Edit this was my rant after binging 14 episodes XD 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

The final preview

EH: This contains all of the truth that Ji Seo Joon-shi wanted to know. Please examine them directly yourself.
HR: I’m right here, Ji Seo Joon-shi. Even if it’s only in this way, I’ll be here with you.
EH: What’s this? I came because I was worried about Ji Seo Joon.
Everyone: Congratulations!
EH: Look at me.
HR: Kang Dan Yi-shi must be so happy. to have such a warm-hearted person as a boyfriend.
JSJ: April 23. This was the question that had bothered me for 10 years.
Book Title: April 23
Note: 2008 November 20. My son came to visit me.
EH: I’ve never forgotten you. I remember you.

Penultimate episode:

How cute was the EH doing DY's "power dance' when he finds out that DY had won the contest! :lol:

DY and EH are so lovely and lovable. I also appreciate that they have an adult relationship as the drama presents it. While we never got a bed scene per se, we know unequivocally that they are now sleeping together as a matter of course. Not to mention all of the little skinships and signs of affection.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Some Episode 15 text epilogues. No stills since I didn't get a chance to go find those, but perhaps @ibru could and match them up with the correct stills. I do rather love how strong and resilient EH and DY's love for each other is. They really seem to be soulmates, best friends, and lovers all rolled up into each other.

In an unfair world, the one thing that is fair
Is that everyone only has one life.
How one lives that one life
Is based on the choices you make now.

Keeping a promise in a world which no longer believes in promises,
Is like being a lonely far-off persevering star which no one has discovered.
However, a star has to shine,
And we, through that innocent starlight, experiences the dark night sky with new emotions.
It is by becoming one of those stars, that we can become the milky way.  

After the two leads’ hearts are put together, finishing with a ‘happy ending’,
Romances were lame is what I once thought.
However, I know now.
Living is more complicated than a comic book,
That for the sake of that lame ‘happy ending’, we have to try endlessly,
we have to love desperately.
We are only now ready to take on that long journey.

In this moment, the past in which I had left Eun Ho on his own during his lonely times,
I decided to not regret that any longer.
In the time that I might have had to regret, I wanted to caress Eun Ho’s hair affectionately at least once more,
To be with him for at least as long as the time that I had not been with him,..
For longer than that time, to love him more deeply and passionately,
Was what I decided.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

One more episode.

201903170762780515_1.jpg

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201903170762780515

2019031714402012350-540x540.jpg

A compilation album containing the OST of Romance is a Supliment  will be released on various online music sites at 6 pm on the 17th March.

http://news.hankyung.com/article/2019031731724

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Share Sweet Moments As “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Reaches Final Chapter

by J. Li
87620463175c41cf94ec0ab6c13ae685.jpeg?s=

The final chapter of Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk’s sweet romance on “Romance is a Bonus Book” is about to unfold.

tvN’s weekend drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” has released stills of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk) ahead of the final episode. It looks like happiness in the books for the couple as they show affection for each other.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1310888wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-share-sweet-moments-as-romance-is-a-bonus-books-reaches-final-chapter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cried... I thought I wouldn't but I cried.

It was during the last 5 minutes when it finally hit me that it's the final few minutes. The drama is indeed like one of those books that I find hard to let go, wishing that when I flip the next page, it wouldn't be the last one. 

Okay, I'm going to watch episode 16 again...

• Like 9

Well that's a wrap. I'd like to say this is my other fave drama of Lee Jong-Suk's. The others being, I Hear Your Voice & While You Were Sleeping. Hmm..he was sort of okay in the School drama series ahah:P

Wish him a safe military enlistment (although it's public service:lol:) and can't wait until he makes his return to K-Drama Land once again! 

'Til then take care everyone! 

Loved the finale quote as well:D

"We're like books we wait for someone to find us and open us to see what's inside.."

• Like 10

It was a sweet final episode with lots of cute in it for everyone. It was almost an all around happy ending.  Editor Bong and Manager Seo are still divorced, though they are being cordial about it now, so I guess neither of them are desperately unhappy still or anything. HR and JSJ ended up being very cute together as their friendship turns to flirtation, as does JY and Hoon. But, the cutest is still DY and EH, though I noticed that in their kiss scene, EH pretty much does all the work. Given the married status of the actress portraying DY, it was fine as a proximation of their love and affection.

Thanks to everyone on this thread. Hope to see you on other threads. The ending text epilogues seem to be a mix of ones that had been posted for previous episodes and a few new ones for this finale. I may try to post translations of a couple of the final-specific ones later, but we'll see.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But, the cutest is still DY and EH, though I noticed that in their kiss scene, EH pretty much does all the work. Given the married status of the actress portraying DY, it was fine as a proximation of their love and affection.

See this still bugs me on a broader level because it makes me wonder if the male counterpart was married and was "doing the work" in the kissing scene would anyone think poorly of him and think he is overdoing it? I don't think so. 

This inherent double standard really bugs me and saddens me that IF she wasn't participating in the kiss as much as he was because she didn't want audience members to think, "oh oh that's too much, she is enjoying it too much. She is married in real life, it's gone too far". then heaven forbid! It's acting! It's make believe! Too much of seeing two actors have great chemistry and wanting it to bleed into real life. As an actor, I think this bugs me more than normal and also because earlier episodes hinted that Dan-i was sexually progressive in that she spoke openly about it. 

I'll talk about the episodes later cos overall I just ADORED them. 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, teegyj said:

See this still bugs me on a broader level because it makes me wonder if the male counterpart was married and was "doing the work" in the kissing scene would anyone think poorly of him and think he is overdoing it? I don't think so. 

This inherent double standard really bugs me and saddens me that IF she wasn't participating in the kiss as much as he was because she didn't want audience members to think, "oh oh that's too much, she is enjoying it too much. She is married in real life, it's gone too far". then heaven forbid! It's acting! It's make believe! Too much of seeing two actors have great chemistry and wanting it to bleed into real life. As an actor, I think this bugs me more than normal and also because earlier episodes hinted that Dan-i was sexually progressive in that she spoke openly about it. 

I'll talk about the episodes later cos overall I just ADORED them. 

I see your point, and I acknowledge the double standard exists. But since it exists, I'm saying I'm fine with LNY perhaps protecting herself from some unwarranted criticism. I still found the romance believable.

• Like 4

for the first time in forever again, i feel good about kdrama’s ending. i have to admit that the simplicity and realisticity of this drama is so so lovely! they wrap the drama very well and i can REST this drama in PEACE :) good job writer and pd-nim and everyone who works on this project. 

im so gonna miss LJS and will wait for his next drama in a couple year. good bye Romance Is A Supplement, good bye readers, the moon is beautiful:)

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Some Episode 15 text epilogues. No stills since I didn't get a chance to go find those, but perhaps @ibru could and match them up with the correct stills. I do rather love how strong and resilient EH and DY's love for each other is. They really seem to be soulmates, best friends, and lovers all rolled up into each other.

In an unfair world, the one thing that is fair
Is that everyone only has one life.
How one lives that one life
Is based on the choices you make now.

Keeping a promise in a world which no longer believes in promises,
Is like being a lonely far-off persevering star which no one has discovered.
However, a star has to shine,
And we, through that innocent starlight, experiences the dark night sky with new emotions.
It is by becoming one of those stars, that we can become the milky way.  

After the two leads’ hearts are put together, finishing with a ‘happy ending’,
Romances were lame is what I once thought.
However, I know now.
Living is more complicated than a comic book,
That for the sake of that lame ‘happy ending’, we have to try endlessly,
we have to love desperately.
We are only now ready to take on that long journey.

In this moment, the past in which I had left Eun Ho on his own during his lonely times,
I decided to not regret that any longer.
In the time that I might have had to regret, I wanted to caress Eun Ho’s hair affectionately at least once more,
To be with him for at least as long as the time that I had not been with him,..
For longer than that time, to love him more deeply and passionately,
Was what I decided.

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1106914776859344896

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you everyone for posting. Just finished ep 16. It has one of the most natural ending ever. Yes we can criticise but seeing how shitty some; ok most Kdramas endings are this was pretty much tying things up in a believable, natural way.

The characters stayed consistent in their personality and how they ended the drama with. All the styles stayed the same . Ji Yul cracked me up. The declaration by EH was soft yet obvious.

Yes the kissing was subdued. But the mood carried over from a work lunch was light. They are secure. It is lunch time. Yes you can be all heavy breathing etc. But its not as if the whole last 1/4 of the episode was directed as heavy and emotional. It was a early afternoon kiss. Could have more lip movement. But I wasn't expecting heavy breathing and lip sucking from them. It didn't suit the mood the writer and director set up. Did you see how brightly they set the backdrop? LNY appears like a professional actor. Would she even consider a chaste kiss just because she is married? Surely not. If the director calls for a more lip movement kiss I am sure both actors would have done it. Actors are actors.

Can someone post the OST that played at the end?  I haven't been following the OST. I was distracted reading the subs than listening to the song. Such appropriate lyrics made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

The ending left me satisfied. The book ended well. I can reread it again and pay attention to what I missed. I can recommend it gladly.

Nice nice ending. This is probably the best LJS drama I've watched. The cast really gelled well on screen. LNY was a joy to watch. Such an effortless belief that she is Kang Danyi. 

And yes I am happy SHR ended up with JSJ. She is really nice. A nice person. A nice character. So refreshing to like a Kdrama character and I don't have to justify liking her.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

And yes I am happy SHR ended up with JSJ. She is really nice. A nice person. A nice character. So refreshing to like a Kdrama character and I don't have to justify liking her.

Actually, one of the things that is really nice about this drama is that these are all mostly nice people, albeit coping with their own inner demons and flaws. HR is a nice person, and I liked the way her character arc flowed as well. So, I'm happy that she and JSJ ended up together, and the drama made me believe that they could end up together, not forced into happy ending mode, but because at the end of the day, both JSJ and HR are nice, attractive, dedicated people who shared qualities and appreciation for each other that resulted in something more.

I haven't seen that many projects that LNY has been in, but I loved her in this. I liked this drama a LOT better than her previous drama The Fugitive: Plan B. I usually love LJS, so loved him here as well, though I still think he's in a bit of danger of being typecast. Still, it should change after he gets back from his stint as a public service worker, I would think.

• Like 9

This is such a well written drama.. and it really touches your heart... i empathize so much with KDI and i wish i have a CEH in my life who will be there for me during my ups and downs.. what is nice in this drama is the very realistic approach to life, the career womens flight which we see everywhere.. the different  facade of women in the career world.  

I love how this drama doesn’t have this cliche thing about rich man poor man, mother against relationship... what what.. this is such a light but super heartfelt drama which makes me cry and laugh.. kuddos to lee jong suk and lee na young super great actors.  

I am now watching his other works and looking for hers too.  Love love this drama.. i thought i will not be hook on another drAma after whats wrong with secretary kim but alas this drama hook me up that i even livestrEam the show without understanding anything.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1