Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

@xXMzSmilesXxAs regards whether Dani was trying to get a marketing job in a roundabout way, no, I don't think that was her intention when she applied for the Task Support Team. She clearly did that out of desperation. But to Ms Go, it would not look that way, cos Ms Go can't see beyond her own nose. 

I also think DY had just become desperate to get any job with decent pay. All those part time jobs that she had been doing probably didn't make her that much money, not enough to pay rent anywhere anyway. And, the positions that she had applied for that was commensurate with her experience and training, she was being told that she had been out of the market for too long to make her relevant.

In order to live, she was sneaking in and sleeping in EH's house without him knowing about it after all when her old house was demolished and she really had nowhere to go. At the time, she also thought her husband had immigrated and she had no way of contacting him, even to ask for some support.

I think it was just that once she was at Gyeoroo, she couldn't help but notice things that were happening that she thought she could be helpful at. And, she was, even while doing the various tasks that her new colleagues gave her, including the personal errands for Director Go and the various tasks Director Go made up for DY to do to keep her "busy" so that DY would know her place.

I know that Director Go's character has deliberately been made confusing as to her intentions, and I don't think she's entirely evil or anything, and she's probably good at her job. However, Director Go is also pretty territorial, insisting that everyone know their "place" and not dare to step out of their little boxes, apparently, though this seems mostly directed at DY. She's also very petty, as evidenced by having DY do her personal errands and making up errands for DY to do, plus insisting on removing DY's name from the list of people who had worked on the author's book because she was contract staff. That may be technically true, but most contract staff wouldn't have worked so hard on a book or come up with the creatives. It was pettiness that caused her to pull DY's name from the book.

So, it's not that she's a stickler for the rules that is the problem, but that she's so petty about things. She's a bitter person, and it seeps through. I hope she finds something which makes her happy because her life and her work are clearly not enough for her after all.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

On 3/4/2019 at 11:39 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I thought, after she had confided to DY and Seo, she would open up and change

I thought too.

But next day, her face says, nooo.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:49 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

And, it is a contract position. I don't think she should be fired, but I do feel like instead, they should pull her aside and inform her that they know she left out some details on her resume. Due to this, the contract will not be renewed and she will have to wait at least 6 months to a year before she can apply for a full-time permanent position. The unfair part is that so far, she has been a model employee. 

Yup, apply for permanent after a year. Rather than just terminate.period.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:52 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't think it was smart for Seo-Joon:rolleyes: to pick the same passcode for both the door to his home AND the secret room

I do not think it is the same. At first , i thought its the same.

But after looking carefully. The front door is just 0423 (episode 12 mins 28:45) and inside the house, the secret room door is 0423*.(episode 8 mins 22:14)

Maybe i am wrong. :rolleyes:

On 3/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, stroppyse said:

LOL. The secret room has his research on the author Kang Byung Joon. They showed it in one of the earlier episodes

Yup in episode 8.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@gilaswan

Agreed (nods) that it was pettiness. 

It was pretty obvious when Dan-I came up with ideas for the gift wrapped books, the blurb etc, that female chief editor was seething with envy. 

As you've mentioned, she couldn't stand someone who's her subordinate to outdo her at something which is considered her turf/speciality. And yea I find her very unlikeable. 

Lackluster management on her part, too, not to encourage subordinates, give them credit, recognize skills and talents that make the whole team better. Another manager in Ms. Go's place would be happy to have DY's creativity and resourcefulness in-house. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, it's not that she's a stickler for the rules that is the problem, but that she's so petty about things. She's a bitter person, and it seeps through. I hope she finds something which makes her happy because her life and her work are clearly not enough for her after all.

You and everyone who thinks that Ms. Go is petty are correct.  She is a bitter person, she has no love life, picking up someone in the club is not a love life, she has no real friends, and she is insecure in her position. She gave up on being happy for what, a career?  Her intended husband moved on got married and has three sons.  Although he quit his high paying job and failed at business, he has a positive attitude about life.  Ms. Go chose a career and she is miserable and lonely. A job title cannot keep you warm at night or comfort you when you have a problem.  I am not going to say she is evil, but I am saying that she needs to get a life outside of the publishing company.  She needs to make some friends, and find someone to love.

I still think that she stole the Dan-Yi's slogan/Blurb.  

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

You and everyone who thinks that Ms. Go is petty are correct.  She is a bitter person, she has no love life, picking up someone in the club is not a love life, she has no real friends, and she is insecure in her position. She gave up on being happy for what, a career?  Her intended husband moved on got married and has three sons.  Although he quit his high paying job and failed at business.  He has a positive attitude about life.  Ms. Go chose a career and she is miserable and lonely. A job title cannot keep you warm at night or comfort you when you have a problem.  I am not going to say she is evil, but I am saying that she needs to get a life outside of the publishing company.  She needs to make some friends, and find someone to love.

I still think that she stole the Dan-Yi's slogan/Blurb.  

She has no idea that the CEO intents to give CEH his seat. Notice that she often brags in front of the CEO... yet she is unaware of their close relationship. The CEO knows CEH's secret. Imagine her reaction, when she hears that he wants to give the seat to CEH... Deep down, she might have even imagined that the CEO would nominate her. She considers herself superior to CEH because she ordered him to fire DY. CEH never fought against her therefore he confirmed her this perception.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

She has no idea that the CEO intents to give CEH his seat. Notice that she often brags in front of the CEO... yet she is unaware of their close relationship. The CEO knows CEH's secret. Imagine her reaction, when she hears that he wants to give the seat to CEH... Deep down, she might have even imagined that the CEO would nominate her. She considers herself superior to CEH because she ordered him to fire DY. CEH never fought against her therefore he confirmed her this perception.  

Hmm, well, technically, Go is a Director (or possibly Executive Director) of the company while EH is Chief Editor, based on the titles they use to address each other. In an office of 160 people as has been mentioned, she is technically higher than he is on the totem pole in terms of the corporate structure which is why she feels she can order EH to fire DY, and EH feels that he can't outright refuse. Thus, I can see why she also may feel that she's the nominative person to get the job next, however, it's not a given, so she may be counting her eggs a bit early. In large and small companies, the top position is usually filled by who the owners want in that position, which in this case is the CEO.

• Like 7

99666F4C5C7C029F39

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102246542264565760

99168C4A5C7C0E4419

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102259234803085312

995DD4415C7C25690C

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102283979116339200

"Romance Is A Bonus Book" Ep. 12

Lee Jong Suk & Lee na Young

WE WERE HOLDING HANDS

That night, we kept holding hands and walking.
We shared a goldfish bun with one hand even though it was very uncomfortable.
As if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for so long,
As if we had never been apart from the beginning and were one body.
It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night.

Text @stroppyse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

thought you guys might enjoy ^^

i'm really loving this kdrama. i took such a long break from kdramas - apart from Goblin, i've pretty much not watched any for the past 2-3 years. happy to be back.. and with such a beauty, subtle telling of a classic type of story.. eh, i've missed it. 

Edited by jrose_94
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ibru said:

Romance Is A Bonus Book" Ep. 12

Lee Jong Suk & Lee na Young

WE WERE HOLDING HANDS

That night, we kept holding hands and walking.
We shared a goldfish bun with one hand even though it was very uncomfortable.
As if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for so long,
As if we had never been apart from the beginning and were one body.
It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night.

The thing is they were holding hands before, Dan-Yi just would not acknowledge her feelings.  Eun-ho is the most important person to her, and she is afraid if their relationship goes wrong, she cannot lean on him any longer. I can understand her hesitation, and I love the way their relationship is blooming.  It is so cute.  I love the phase "...as if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for for so long.....It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night."  Aah :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Key Moments In Volume 11 Of “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

ROLLING IN SWEETS AND SMILES, ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK EYES THE DIRECTION THAT FANS HAVE BEEN CHEERING FOR.

Episode 11 of Romance Is A Bonus Book slowly thawed Dan Yi’s apprehensions to Eun Ho’s love confession.

As the series goes for its last stretch, we are expecting the love fulfillment for our friend-who-will-turn-lover main leads.

DAN YI’S REST ROOM BLAB

Pretending unaffected, Dan Yi talks to herself about the kiss interlude, completed with the detail about the guy being younger. Her reverie is cut off when Manager Seo emerges from one of the cubicles teasing her of what happened. To make her morning more eventful, Director Go also steps out from the restroom cubicle with a knowing look.

Spreading like a wild fire, Dan Yi’s soliloquy eventually reaches Eun Ho, who overhears two of the staff gossiping about it. Feeling proud of making his favorite noona over analyzing her emotion, he spots her at the office library. Asking why she skips breakfast, Eun Ho pushes her luck by playing James Dean, bluntly telling how the peck felt nice. She responds to stop asking for his death wish.

Romance is a Bonus Book

SPRING CLEANING

Convincing herself with “Eun Ho is not a Man” mantra, the spring cleaning is a sweet disaster with Eun Ho refusing to call Dan Yi “noona”. He further teases with her, making him call “oppa” eventually; leading her to throw things at him.

Tending to a small cut on his face, Eun Ho cutely quips how he likes her even more when she hits him. Complete with blushing face, he mutters how he sees himself in her eyes.

Romance is a Bonus Book

Shutting him up, she points out how his face is again beet red. He reasons that his flushed face is caused by happiness. Handing the band-aid, Dan Yi goes to the kitchen and seeks the cold air of the fridge to tone down her blushing face. She further scolds herself for becoming like him.

Last round of I-like-you-noona-themed spring cleaning is Eun Ho, alluding Dan Yi’s resolve to eventually falter. Pushing her back when she asked him to clean another place, Eun Ho makes use of the situation to describe their status.

“You are too weak to push me away. You’re so cute Dan Yi. Stop being cute. You make me want to kiss you again.”

His coaxing stops as Dan Yi gives another warning. But Eun Ho continues his boy-in-love spirit, cleaning the bathroom window pane, writing Dan Yi’s name with soap bubbles while singing happily.

ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK EPISODE 11 AFTERTHOUGHTS

Are we really going to prove that romance cannot blossom well with career life? I mean we are almost there, fulfilling the romance that took 20 years to be realized mutually? Why can’t we just let Dan Yi be happy?

So much for being happy about Eun Ho and Dan Yi’s road to romance dream come true. Now, Romance Is A Bonus Book officially made feel sad when I was expecting two weeks worth of fan service.

Career and life lessons have been the driving points on why I like the smooth approach of the series. The love story for me was just an extra perk. Coming from heavy-themed drama exploration, Romance Is A Bonus Book has restorative function to make you feel good after a week’s stressful work.

Will Dan Yi leave Gyeoroo for good? Will Hae Rin and Seo Joon get the closure they deserve from their one-sided romance?

Get your Romance Is A Bonus Book serving on tvN and Netflix.

Full article: https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-11-recap/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 3/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, stroppyse said:

I'll try to continue doing that until the end of the drama as long as people want to read them. :)

Omgosh! Yes please, I adore reading these. They give such a beautiful insight into how they are feeling. Something that you only get from the written word. Definitely reiterating how lovely it is to read. After this show is finished, I am going to get back to the pile of books that are on my bedside table! :blush:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 11

by Sunny

RBB11-00096.jpg

Our heroine struggles to get a handle on her feelings and our hero doesn’t plan to make it easy.The ball is finally in Eun-ho’s court and he plans to take full advantage of this power reversal before Dan-yi has the chance to tip the scales.

EPISODE 11:”Why Don’t You Think About Breaking Up?”

RBB11-00004.jpg

In the company restroom, Dan-yi tells herself the kiss (with Eun-ho) meant nothing. She’s surprised to realize she’s not alone when Yeong-ah emerges from a stall, giggling that Dan-yi kissed someone. She presses for details, but Dan-yi will only admit the guy is like a little brother.

Dan-yi jumps as another stall opens to reveal Director Ko. Her expression gives nothing away, but after she leaves, Yeong-ah tells Dan-yi there’s no way Director Ko didn’t hear. The women leave, unaware there’s a third listener–an editorial team member.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-11/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, gilaswan said:

The CEO has made it quite clear what the company's policy is like - anyone who is a contract staff needs to reapply to the common pool to be considered for a permanent job. Ms Go wanting to terminate Dani's contract is really out of pettiness - I just feel like she is threatened by Dani. Thinking all this while that Dani is "only" a high school grad, surely she can't be this competent. Realising that she is actually experienced probably gives her an excuse to "get back" at Dani. There is nothing kind nor nurturing about this woman. She could easily have advised Dani - "look, you're clearly better than just a casual office support staff. How about applying for a perm position here?" But she doesn't do that. She's a very tit-for-tat person. I'd like to think that Dani will indeed apply for a perm job, and given that everyone else already knows her, has seen her work, and likes her, she will get the job.

@xXMzSmilesXxAs regards whether Dani was trying to get a marketing job in a roundabout way, no, I don't think that was her intention when she applied for the Task Support Team. She clearly did that out of desperation. But to Ms Go, it would not look that way, cos Ms Go can't see beyond her own nose. 

Or

There's something out of our opinions, Ms.Go seems act like arrogant, strict lady but i think she have different motif in dani case maybe she wan dani have chances to apply positions which more suite her education in order to  get that's someone must fired dani.

and like we knew she actually have soft spot for dani personality but been conflicted by dani status and educational.(not my fave.character since she judge others in their standard not by capabilities :rolleyes:)

in another bright side ms.Go logic and by the rule actions is something crucial to Company  well being thought.

And i get happy time watching all EH-Dani dating, i think they will be awkward  but time dani open up. ..they're become cute couple:wub:

And at the end EH smells something fishy about SJ pass code too.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Or

There's something out of our opinions, Ms.Go seems act like arrogant, strict lady but i think she have different motif in dani case maybe she wan dani have chances to apply positions which more suite her education in order to  get that's someone must fired dani.

and like we knew she actually have soft spot for dani personality but been conflicted by dani status and educational.(not my fave.character since she judge others in their standard not by capabilities :rolleyes:)

in another bright side ms.Go logic and by the rule actions is something crucial to Company  well being thought.

And i get happy time watching all EH-Dani dating, i think they will be awkward  but time dani open up. ..they're become cute couple:wub:

And at the end EH smells something fishy about SJ pass code too.

That's what I had thought first but the way she wanted to fire her and her explanations contradict this. First, she could have confronted DY and told her to come clean with all this, tell her to apply with all her qualifications. But she doesn't, she acts behind her back and uses CEH to announce it to KDY. Moreover, she had asked her acquaintance how her company would deal with this...   

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But she doesn't, she acts behind her back and uses CEH to announce it to KDY.

I disagree of her acting behind dan i back. And why use ceh?

Anyway, like before. Ceh will just follows order like before when she ask Hae Rin to scrap dan i name as marketing team in the book. They delete her name. How cruel!

Dan i too( just followjng the order). She just pack her things, put it in a box and walk away from the office. Walk back home. So sad.

• Like 4