Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

From @ibru's post. Thank you for posting these shots but the translation for them are a bit off. I liked this one, so I've re-translated it.

D0Hf7B3WkAAauQF.jpg

A romance comic book and a boy’s comic book.
A fragrant slightly sweet hot tea and slightly bitter coffee.
Luiz Lins (?) and Robert Heinlein.
Sweet chocolate and plain biscuit.
Hot summer and cold winter.
Dog and cat.
Things we liked and things we disliked which had been so different for us.
However, now in love, all things that I can’t get enough of.
That’s how my world, through loving you, has become more abundant.

I'm actually not sure of the Luiz Lins reference in the 3rd line, btw, though that is what the Korean phonetic spelling seems to indicate (loo-ee-jeh (or roo-ee-jeh) lin-jeo (or rin-jeo) since Korean has a single consonant for L and R whereas Western languages have 2 consonants). If anyone else has any idea of the author or artist referenced, go ahead and let me know. :) 

As for tomorrow's episode, I just want DY to reciprocate the kiss, even if it's only for a moment before she pushes EH away. It's time for DY to start realizing that she is attracted to EH as a man and not just like him as an older sister.

• Like 8

On 2/27/2019 at 12:52 PM, shin.u said:

I am here not to defend for Jong Suk but just to friendly share my opinion.

I agreed that his acting style is kinda the same until While You Are Sleeping, but looking back, most of his dramas are melo *plus* written by the same writer. She knew his style of acting so personally she did him tailor-made. And regarding to his speech patterns & voice tone, he has improved here and there.. I hope that you could spend a bit of your time on Hymn Of Death, so may be you could see him a bit different. It is the only one (too bad, it's short) drama that I can see him in a new light, it's the only one drama I admit that his acting skill has reached another step, after Dr Stranger (and Hot Young Blood movie). It took me almost 4 years to witness his improvement so I really love it (I dont mean that his acting was the same in 4 year long. Except W he performed poorly,  he did improve a bit here and there, detailed one on voice of tone, micro expression etc but those cahnges are unnoticeable easily)

And to tell you the truth, what you see LJS here as LJS vs CEH, is true. Mature, calm, warm CEH is CEH and cute, dorky, adorable CEH is really LJS - that's how he is in real life (same with Jung Jae Chan in While You Are Sleeping) However, mature, thoughtful, considering and self-low esteem LJS, those sides of him are not able to see unless you read his interview and analyze his action sequence. 

It's totally ok if you and other drama-lovers dont see him the way as I do, because I have always truely hoped he could experience much more and build up his skills much wider and stronger. He needs to change his image, whether sharper, uglier etc in order to reach further remarkable milestone, especially after discharge. 

I am not a huge fangirl, but I have watched many of LJS's works and a couple of them are in my all-time favourites list.

I fully agree with your recommendation of Hymn of Death. Frankly, I hadn't heard of it until I stumbled across the thumbnail on Netflix. This short drama far-exceeded my expectations - in terms of cinematography (beautiful parks/garden), soundtrack, screenplay and of course acting delivery. It is a sad, tragic story, no doubt. However, I guess we can all appreciate the drama for what it is trying to convey.

The 2 leads, LJS and Shin Hye Sun, did very well in their portrayal of their characters. Known for utilizing cute and/or suave looks, it was a very pleasant surprise for me then, to have found none of this in the sombre drama.

May I suggest giving VIP a try as well? I think it is safe to say that it will not be a favourite movie, nor one which you will rewatch in its entirety (gruesome scenes again?! no!). But it does show LJS's versatility as an actor

Since we mentioned Hymn of Death here, does anyone know if there are English-translated books of Kim U-jin's works? I did a Google search but found nothing much. Surely there is more interest in writings now?

• Like 6

Anyone,Kindly inform me the link for streaming please :)

Excited for tonight episode:P wanna to know how dani reaction after the kiss:P how she turn her perception it will awkward to death must be...:lol:

Spoiler

• Like 4

Spoiler

CLIPS

ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK, EP. 11:kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

ep 11 impression. (EUNHO WHIPPED FOR ONE WOMAN)

Today should really be call eunho fool and heart eye smile day. if he's not giving hearteye to danyi, he kept teasing danyi instead. and DOMESTIC FLUFF which end up with someone getting a scratch in his face. but no worry, he's too in luvvvv to notice any pain or getting angry :joy:

Universe really siding with eunho this time eventhough danyi straight up lie to his face on getting out for a date with seo jun, he end up finding out the truth and tease that poor lady again :joy: 

Danyi worries with bad side of their getting together plausible and worth noted. it will never be easy transition from friends for life to lovers for life. the fear that everything will fall apart if they break up. :unsure:

Haerin unability to move on, and working near Eunho neighbourhood yet end up unknowingly getting cozy with seojun. ;) . you already ready to move yet you still denying reality. aigoo :rolleyes:  the moment she put the pieces together about danyi-eunho , WOW. just one slip up from seojun and she manage to piece the truth in one snap. ouch. please don't ruin this beautiful friendship, writernim :cry:

i guess,  seo jun birthday date are related somehow with KBJ mystery? still didn't see any correlation. :huh:

that is one beautiful cover books. and the reading events, so, so beautiful....until someone from danyi past decide to show up and get everything out in the open. i really dislike that interview manager lady. so haughty. :angry: 

and they hold hand... me so in love and in heaven right now, well at least for now until hell break loose in tomorrow ep.  please don't let Director Go ask Eunho to fire danyi. i have no idea why she wants to make eunho fire danyi in the first place. ask HR  dept or you,  yourself can fire her on your own. why did you ask for Chief editor to do it?  i can't understand. :crazy:

crazy guy who are so in love with his noona

D0qit8oU0AE9eRD.jpg

D0qm4QwVsAEenxd.jpg

D0qjFUkU4AAaQG9.jpg

sure, kang danyi. it's only a headbutt....kiss :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

THEY HELD HANDSSS!!! THIS IS BETTER THAN THE PECK IDK WHY. 

The cleaning up scene is just too beautiful! I find it so intimate when EH actually cleans up and put DY’s clothes in her wardrobe. The ‘break up’ between DY and SJ is also heartwarming and i love how mature they are. Tonight’s episode is very warm<3

SJ’s birthday is on 23rd of April, HR began to see DY&EH in a new light and Ms. Goo knowing the truth about DY’s past surely will take us to a rollercoaster ride. Good luck on watching tomorrow’s episode guys. 

• Like 6

Feeling a lil bad for Hae-RIn:( as she finally puts together the puzzle pieces to Eun-Ho's "mystery woman". On the other she looks super cute with Seo-Joon sleeping on her shoulder:wub: I find her nonchalantly letting him lean on her refreshing as most K-Dramas are pretty conservative when it comes to physical contact, especially when it's the opposite sex.

LMFAo at her parents givin' Eun-Ho the stink eye!!!:w00t::w00t::lol::lol::P:P

The female chief editor seems to still pine over her former flame, is that why she chose to remain single!? She sure comes across bitter despite her many accolades<_< Would it hurt for her to smile on occasion? Geez.  She reminds me of Meryl Streep from, "The Devil Wears Prada".

I sure wish they tended to Geum-Bi the dog better:P especially the part where Eun-Ho left the poor thing tied to the legs of a table:blink: was afraid the dog might get agitated & run off with the table:wacko: Furthermore what if it rained? And Seo-Joon napped for quite a while too..  It looks like Dan-I's actual job identity is in danger of being exposed.

From the preview to ep. 12, Eun-Ho & Seo-Joon have a bit of a bromance moment themselves ha-ha!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Preview for ep 12

EH: I will, until noona’s heart comes to me, until noona realizes your heart yourself, I will wait. You like me.
HR: Those two! How will I kill them?
EH: The person who got her drunk should carry her. Should I who was called while sleeping to come out here carry her?
SJ: That’s why you should carry her. Should I, a total stranger, be the one to carry her?
EH: Hae Rin! Hae Rin!
JS: What are you doing right now?
JS: You’re saying we should sleep together?
EH: You trust me, right? Let’s just wholesomely hold hands and sleep, okay?
Manager Go: Fire Kang Dan Yi-shi, Editor. (she’s telling EH to fire DY)

I wonder what is up with Manager Go now. I think she's written to be a character of contradictions, however, my biggest issue with her is that she's not a very sympathetic character. Even when she's revealing the sacrifices that she had made in her life as well as the pathos that she lives in the current state, I don't find myself caring much about her character, unlike many of the other characters. Not sure if this is a flaw in the writing or the way the character is being acted. Anyway, I wonder why she's all up in arms about firing DY. Probably has something to do with her friend recognizing DY from somewhere.

Also, it seems that HR finally found out that DY and EH are living together (from sleepyhead JSJ who blurted it out). I don't really feel badly for her. EH never led her on, and even rejected her firmly, so she has no claims on him. She can feel badly for herself, but not sure why she would feel angry towards EH and DY.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder what is up with Manager Go now. I think she's written to be a character of contradictions, however, my biggest issue with her is that she's not a very sympathetic character. Even when she's revealing the sacrifices that she had made in her life as well as the pathos that she lives in the current state, I don't find myself caring much about her character, unlike many of the other characters. Not sure if this is a flaw in the writing or the way the character is being acted. Anyway, I wonder why she's all up in arms about firing DY. Probably has something to do with her friend recognizing DY from somewhere.

Also, it seems that HR finally figures out that DY and EH are a thing. I don't really feel badly for her. EH never led her on, and even rejected her firmly, so she has no claims on him. She can feel badly for herself, but not sure why she would feel angry towards EH and DY.

yeah, at one point it's  seem that show wants to redeem her character with sad story and glamorous night life, then she revert to the same cold and unapproachable director go persona again.  she too seems enjoy making her subordinate uncomfortable by asking them to do the most hurtful things to another staff, and her target always haerin and eunho. is this what normally company does? did she have right to order another staff to fire another staff? 

haerin inability to move on and taking the rejection...as rejection seems pretty pathetic. she's a wonderful woman and has great career yet her letdown is unrequited love for her sunbae who has been rejecting her kindly(which probably a mistake,btw) and already put his distance since aeons ago. 

• Like 7

The only explanation I have got for Go's request to fire DY is that she wants to force DY to use her college degree. So far, she applied for that position because she only had a high school degree. In reality, she had more. Besides, she hid her work experience. For someone like Go whose career means a lot to her, she doesn't want DY to hide her real qualifications. She should be proud of her college degree and her work experience. So by firing her, Go might actually propose another position for DY which fits better her qualifications. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The only explanation I have got for Go's request to fire DY is that she wants to force DY to use her college degree. So far, she applied for that position because she only had a high school degree. In reality, she had more. Besides, she hid her work experience. For someone like Go whose career means a lot to her, she doesn't want DY to hide her real qualifications. She should be proud of her college degree and her work experience. So by firing her, Go might actually propose another position for DY which fits better her qualifications. 

That's a very good explanation. And if that would be the case, it will not be totally out of character. It would be a very Ms Go approach. Thanks for that insight!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, I wonder why she's all up in arms about firing DY. Probably has something to do with her friend recognizing DY from somewhere.

So, finally watched the entirety of episode 11 rather than just the clips, and so got the answer before I read everyone on the thread. It seems that Director Go wants DY fired for lying on her application about only being a high school grad rather than listing her college degree and previous work experience. She found out about that because her "friend" outed DY as someone who had applied at her advertising agency. I only put the "friend" in quotes, because I'm doubting that she actually has any friends.

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I'm really hoping that your benign explanation for why Director Go wants DY fired is accurate. They've made Go's character twisty enough that when she seems as if she's being evil, she actually has some reason for it rather than just being evil and spiteful, so hopefully, this will be another trolling along the lines you describe.

• Like 9

Translations of some of the text from the epilogues stills from ep 11 . Had a bit of time today, so went ahead and translated some of the epilogue stills, especially because the translator(s) for ep 11 seems to really have been in a rush since even the subtitles in the episode itself was a bit off, not to mention the epilogue texts.

My apologies, but I don't have screenshots, so I put a descriptor for each bit.

EH in the first still, washing the shower stalls:
I liked Kang Dan Yi even though she was hesitant.
I thought it was okay even if she wasn’t running to me.
If she took her time to answer me, that it was okay.
Even if she insisted that it wasn’t love, that it was okay.

DY in the second still:
If I like you today, then if it is tomorrow that I say that I liked you yesterday, that is okay.
Even if I realize late that I’ve loved for you all times, that is okay.
Isn’t it love anyway?

EH in the third still with his head on his fist:
“We had already loved each other from a long time ago,
But since I realized it first, I will wait longer for you.
So that you don’t get hurt, come to me slowly.
Even if you’re late, that is okay.
As long as that may take, my love for you will become that much deeper.”

EH in the fifth still from the scene when he's watching DY at the book concert:
When we rode bikes together, I would deliberately let my bike slow down.
Kang Dan Yi, who had ridden ahead by herself, would stop for a moment and look behind her.
I liked how she would wave her hand at me to come along.
It felt as if she was giving me permission to enter her heart.
I liked that very much.

DY and EH in the seventh still from the scene when they're holding hands at the book concert:
Even though everything was still the same, holding hands secretly behind our backs felt different.
It was a warmth which washed away anxieties and worries.
When we held them tightly, it was like responding with the strength of being together.  
We, like that with our hands held tightly together, shared our hearts together for a long, long time.

This last line, btw, seems to be referring not so much to romantic love, but something more than that. DY herself has said numerous times that EH is more important than anyone else to her, and that he is the one person she needs in her life. EH feels that as well, and has moved on to realize that he is in love with her as well as loving her from their 20 years of closeness together. So, this last line seems indicative of that love of 20 years that have grown and evolved with them rather than indicating just the romantic love that EH feels and DY struggles with right now. It's another way of expressing being soulmates, I suppose.

But all in, it seems that DY is coming around to starting to realize her feelings for EH as being more than those of an older sister for her cute younger brother. I'm glad that she put JSJ off to being just friends. Though, JSJ wants to leave a door open as did HR when she tells EH not to date anyone else.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

[Spoilers] Romance Is A Bonus Book E11 + Rating

0000961440_001_20190302222402055.jpg?type=w540

1-1.png?w=640&ssl=1

1-2.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young is in trouble because of her academic background

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000961440

1.[+2734, -29] Wow it’s a really lovely and heart fluttering drama, the way they confess their love, the way they reject or accept the confession are all considerate and not rude at all, It’s a healing drama, especially, Lee Jong Suk as Cha Eun Ho is so lovely

2.[+1455, -22] It’s a lovely and heart fluttering drama, It’s like they turned a novel into a tv show. There is no hole in acting, I’m in awe every time I see Eun Ho Dan Yi visuals and I like the lines too

3.[+813, -29] If a high school graduate tuned to be a college graduate, you fire her?

4.[+504, -21] You can’t hide love ^~^ the way they looked at each other and held hands, made viewers smile♡ Eun Dan Yi

5.[+392, -22] Today, Eun Dan Yi were cute and heart fluttering, why did that interviewer come?? I wish when I open my eyes and wake up it will be tomorrow’s 9PM ㅠㅠㅠ

6.[+253, -3] Lee Jong Suk looked like he has no worries when he was singing while cleaning the bathroom ㅋㅋㅋㅋ when he held her hands behind his back in the book reading, It was so heart fluttering. Lee Jong Suk is Cha Eun Ho and Chan Eun Ho is Lee Jong Suk. He is so cute

7.[+239, -2] The writer’s mind is really good, all her lines are considerate to others and warm, It’s also gentle and refreshing. Writer, thank you for writing such a good story. They need to make more dramas like this

8.[+193, -1] When he sang ‘Noona, You are my woman’ I seriously burst out laughing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve watched it since the first episode, it’s a really calm romance…I like it so much

9.[+149, -1] I didn’t know Lee Jong Suk was this full of charms. so heart fluttering

10.[+132, -3] Confession. Rejection. Play hard to get. There is no frustration, this is the first time i watch a drama this pretty ㅠㅠㅠ…

11.[+115, -2] I sometimes get confused whether Lee Jong Suk is acting or being real. He fits Cha Eun Ho so well

12.[+89, -1] My cheeks hurt because of Lee Jong Suk cuteness ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

0000961440_002_20190302222402094.jpg?type=w540

Credit: https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-romance-is-a-bonus-book-e11-rating/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am a long time lurker on soompi forum boards. :ph34r:

But this drama has made me all crazy in the head with all the sweetness, and I can't keep quiet any longer. 

Anyway, just watched ep.11 and grinning like a mad lady. Anyone else think that the part where  LJS opens the door and LNY's head gets bonked was a NG? Just the way he chuckles when he speaks to her, and you can also see her smiling, trying not to laugh. So funny, but the director still uses the clip. And it works. :lol:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

From the preview to ep. 12, Eun-Ho & Seo-Joon have a bit of a bromance moment themselves ha-ha!

Yes, I saw that and had a flashback moment to School 2013 where LJS' character Nam Soon falls asleep on the same covers with KWB's character Heung Soo. I loved that drama!

I am enjoying the bickering bromance that is happening EH and SJ despite their competition for DY. They both have a certain prickliness and a certain arrogance that set each other off from their first meeting before they knew about each other's relationship with DY. So cute to watch them grudgingly have to interact. The bromance has a lot to thank DY and HR for that actually since the two female characters are the ones who keep bringing EH and SJ back together again and again.

Btw, I'm not sure if there will be time or scope in this drama for HR and JS to get together since both of them are still intent respectively on EH and DY, however, the drama keeps showing that they would be a cute couple together since they have some similar characteristics, e.g. their appreciation for publishing books and their work ethic, but also that they have complementary characteristics, e.g. their respective warm natures and being intrinsically good people despite bouts of impatience and arrogance.

Still a bit curious about SJ's background. His birthday being on April 23 may be another clue that he is KBJ's son so that DY's theory on the title of the book April 23 may be wrong. So rather than the terminal dates for other famous writers, it may actually refer to the birthday of a son. Or, it could just be another red herring, and JSJ became a bit obsessed with KBJ because his birthday fell on the calendar date as the title of KBJ's book.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thank you.

My first thought was, oh she is evil. But i like your positivity.

If i can be more positive like you, the world is a better place for every one.

Again, thank you @bebebisous33.

Any analysis on this drama?

This reminds me of a real life experience.

I have a good friend who use a high school degree instead of college degree to get a job. May be she have the same experience as kang dan i?

• Like 8