[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

• 2 weeks later...

The Best Korean Dramas on Netflix

As Netflix continues to release new original content, it is producing more and more Korean dramas, many of which are among the best of the genre.

k-dramas.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500&d

Netflix offers some of today's best Korean drama TV series. The streaming service has been continually expanding its collection of Netflix Original series in the past several years, producing diverse content for every viewer — from true crime documentaries to comedy specials. However, one genre that has recently taken off on the streaming platform may surprise some viewers: Korean dramas. K-dramas are not just television shows in Korean; they are a genre unto themselves.

Much like telenovelas or horror films, the best Korean dramas are filled with tropes and conventions that fans have come to expect and appreciate, but are just as fun when they are subverted. Some of Netflix's best Korean dramas are those that excel in these conventions; others take more risks, offering a creative spin on the genre's expectations. Together, Netflix's Korean dramas are some of the best and most interesting options for viewers new to the genre, as well as K-drama fans alike, and all of them are available to stream right now. 

Romance Is A Bonus Book (2019)

Romance-Is-A-Bonus-Book-Crop.jpg?q=50&fi

Lee Jong Suk has been one of Korea's leading men for years, but Romance is a Bonus Book is his first pure romantic comedy. As an actor who tends towards dramas with fantasy or mystery elements, this cute, warm drama may come as a surprise to fans, but it is a welcome one. It's a heartwarming story that on the surface may seem like the classic K-drama formula: a poor woman is in a rough position, then a richer man who has secret feelings for her swoops in and saves her. However, this drama breaks barriers about who deserves a second chance at love and life.

Lee Na-young plays the heroine, but unlike most K-drama leading women, she's middle-aged. Lee Na-young herself is forty, and her character here is thirty-seven. She has had a full life before viewers meet her, and that life has recently fallen apart. She is a mother and a divorcée. Due to her long career gap from her time as a stay-at-home mom, she struggles to re-enter the working world and make a living. But on a deeper level, she is struggling to regain her sense of self. Who is she now that she is no longer a wife?

Romance is a Bonus Book offers her an answer: she is still the heroine of her own story. In fact, there are a multitude of interesting female characters with their own priorities and motivations, and while romance is important to them, so is their family, their career, and them feeling valued for their hard work. It's a subtly revolutionary drama that is nonetheless a satisfying feel-good romance at its core.

Full article: https://screenrant.com/netflix-korean-dramas-k-drama-series-best/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Most Searched Korean Dramas Of 2019 Worldwide

What K-Dramas have you been searching for in 2019?

Google has the ranking of the most searched dramas worldwide so what are the dramas that interested K-Dramas viewers all over the world this year?

Here are the 10 most searched dramas.

5- “Romance is a Bonus Book

romance-is-a-bonus-book-tvn.jpg

“Romance is a Bonus Book” was not to miss this year. It was Lee JongSuk‘s first romantic comedy and also his last drama before enlistment. It was also the return of Lee NaYoungto the small screen. Many were curious to see their chemistry as Lee NaYoung is Lee JongSuk’s ideal type.

Full article 

https://www.kpopmap.com/most-searched-korean-dramas-of-2019-worldwide/

giphy.gif

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!

Spoiler

Imagine acting with your favorite actress and she talks about you in this way. Lee Jong Suk won in this life!

• Like 2

https://deskgram.co/p/2229575109805613109_5868972926

kembie0206

5 hours ago
Normal

One year ago today, Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young gave us Cha Eun Ho and Kang Dan-I  Thank you  Happy 1st Anni to #romanceisabonusbook .
Romance Is a Bonus Book (Korean: 로맨스는 별책부록) was a 2019 South Korean television series starring Lee Na-young and Lee Jong-suk. It aired from January 26 to March 17, 2019 on tvN. It is one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television history.
~ wiki

• Thanks 1

Reasons Why “Romance is a Bonus Book” is a Big Bonus for Everyone

As for me, it’s not just a bonus. It’s a gift

With a light yet heartwarming plot, ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ is not a typical romantic drama. The scriptwriter wrote it without following the romantic k-drama trend. ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ would be a perfect match to any book lovers. However, although the drama is pretty much talking about books, it is still worth to watch for everyone.

To me, ‘Romance is a Bonus Book’ is not just a big bonus for my weekend. It’s a beautiful gift wrapped with a simple-yet pretty pastel colored ribbon. Here I am telling you the highlight of the drama. Let’s unwrap the present, shall we?

1*Mh6XNtR2-tT-kHU4AIig3g.png

1*yJeyj-3g0PekDhVhvG_3DA.png

1*Uv8NGrSIqKoQYUsFe9QE5A.png

Full article

https://medium.com/@togoandoreoo/reasons-why-romance-is-a-bonus-book-is-a-big-bonus-everyone-2089c80b0a78

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1*xohIIxk9YC2ON0HW1-8KdA.gif

☑️EPISODE 01
"That day, if I went to some faraway country, I'd be living a very different life now."+
"Cheer up, kang dan-i. she smiled as brightly as she could."
"'You look beautiful' he said. dan-i seemed like she did not hear him."
"'Don't cry dan-i. it'll be okay." she just needed some comfort."
"When I was in pain I thought of eun-ho. his name alone comforted me greatly."
"That day I realized that knights in shining armor only existed in fairytales." *
"We laughed and ran in the warm sun and my worries about the future disappeared."

• Like 2

Drama Review

Romance is a Bonus Book

Romance is a Bonus Book

Romance is a Bonus Book is a Korean romantic comedy about successful author and chief editor at a publishing company Cha Eun Ho and his love story with his childhood friend Kang Dan Yi. Cha Eun Ho and Kang Dan Yi have been friends since she saved his life when they were younger. He falls in love her with but hides his feelings from her in order to maintain their friendship. After her divorce and losing her home, Kang Dan Yi moves in with Cha Eun Ho and enters his company, Gyeoroo Publishing as a temporary employee. Living and working together makes sparks fly between them and Kang Dan Yi realises that she too has feelings for Cha Eun Ho. Romance is a Bonus Book has a happy ending and stars Lee Jong Suk as Cha Eun Ho and Lee Na Young as Kang Dan Yi.

You can watch my review of Romance is a Bonus Book as well as a video clip of some of my favourite scenes from this drama online below. Click here to view various images from the drama. Romance is a Bonus Book has 16 episodes and they can be watched online and downloaded from the following sites: DramaCool, MyAsianTVFastDrama and KissAsian

Synopsis:

Cha Eun Ho is a successful and handsome writer who is also the youngest chief editor at a publishing company. He has a calm demeanor and remains reasonable at work. He then becomes involved in the life of his childhood friend, Kang Dan Yi who was once a popular copywriter. She is now divorced, a single mother, unemployed and struggling in life though still attempts to find a job, but even with her once good career, she cannot. However, in a desperate attempt to find a job, she lies about her background and begins to work as a temporary worker in the same building under none other than Cha Eun Ho. As they become involved in each other’s life more than often, a love story begins to unfold. (Source: MyDramaList)

Romance is a Bonus Book Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young

Review:

Romance is a Bonus Book is a light and fun romantic comedy with an interesting cast of characters and an intriguing mystery.

Romance is a Bonus Book is the second ‘Noona Romance’ drama after I Hear Your Voice I have enjoyed watched starring Lee Jong Suk. Noona Romance is a Korean term which refers to a romance between a younger man and older woman. I Hear Your Voice is an amazing and interesting drama but Romance is a Bonus Book has more romantic scenes between the main leads.

The main leads in Romance is a Bonus Book have great chemistry and make a cute couple. This drama marks Lee Na Young’s return to dramas after an absence of nine years. She gave a great performance as Kang Dan Yi. The performance of the rest of the cast was also excellent and the other love stories were interesting to watch. Romance is a Bonus Book has a wonderful soundtrack especially ‘A Story I Couldn’t See’ by Jannabi.

Full article:

https://videodramareview.com/index.php/2019/04/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book/

Romance is a Bonus Book Video Clip and Image Gallery

https://videodramareview.com/index.php/image-gallery/korean-dramas/romance-is-a-bonus-book-video-clip-and-image-gallery/

• Like 2

Lee Jong Suk’s Treat Before Enlistment: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’

By PRAGATI  July 9, 2019

romance-is-a-bonus-book-2019-episode-14-book-%EA%B0%80%EC%9E%A5-%EC%98%88%EC%81%9C-%EC%83%9D%EA%B0%81%EC%9D%84-%EB%84%88%EC%97%90%EA%B2%8C-%EC%A3%BC%EA%B3%A0-%EC%8B%B6%EB%8B%A4-koreandramaland-702x459.jpg

Before Lee Jong Suk proceeded to the mandatory military service in March this year, he appeared on a new TV series Romance is a Bonus Book. This also marked the comeback of Lee Na-Young after nine years

Jong Suk portrayed the lead character Cha Eun-ho who is a young diligent, and genius chief editor of a publishing company. When he was young, he was saved involved in a car accident, but he was saved by Kang Da Yi, a divorced, single mother, and unemployed.

romance-is-a-bonus-book-2019-episode-3-koreandramaland.jpeg

She actually used to be a very popular copywriter; however, she struggled very hard to gain a stable job to raise her family. Due to her failed attempts, she resorted to lying in order to get a job in a publishing company. And it so happened that the place was where Cha Eun Ho works.

As they keep getting involved with each other, a love story begins.

http://kdramabuzz.com/lee-jong-suks-treat-before-enlistment-romance-is-a-bonus-book/

• Like 2