[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

One more episode.

201903170762780515_1.jpg

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201903170762780515

2019031714402012350-540x540.jpg

A compilation album containing the OST of Romance is a Supliment  will be released on various online music sites at 6 pm on the 17th March.

http://news.hankyung.com/article/2019031731724

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Share Sweet Moments As “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Reaches Final Chapter

by J. Li
87620463175c41cf94ec0ab6c13ae685.jpeg?s=

The final chapter of Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk’s sweet romance on “Romance is a Bonus Book” is about to unfold.

tvN’s weekend drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” has released stills of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk) ahead of the final episode. It looks like happiness in the books for the couple as they show affection for each other.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1310888wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-share-sweet-moments-as-romance-is-a-bonus-books-reaches-final-chapter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

I cried... I thought I wouldn't but I cried.

It was during the last 5 minutes when it finally hit me that it's the final few minutes. The drama is indeed like one of those books that I find hard to let go, wishing that when I flip the next page, it wouldn't be the last one. 

Okay, I'm going to watch episode 16 again...

• Like 9

Well that's a wrap. I'd like to say this is my other fave drama of Lee Jong-Suk's. The others being, I Hear Your Voice & While You Were Sleeping. Hmm..he was sort of okay in the School drama series ahah:P

Wish him a safe military enlistment (although it's public service:lol:) and can't wait until he makes his return to K-Drama Land once again! 

'Til then take care everyone! 

Loved the finale quote as well:D

"We're like books we wait for someone to find us and open us to see what's inside.."

• Like 10

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But, the cutest is still DY and EH, though I noticed that in their kiss scene, EH pretty much does all the work. Given the married status of the actress portraying DY, it was fine as a proximation of their love and affection.

See this still bugs me on a broader level because it makes me wonder if the male counterpart was married and was "doing the work" in the kissing scene would anyone think poorly of him and think he is overdoing it? I don't think so. 

This inherent double standard really bugs me and saddens me that IF she wasn't participating in the kiss as much as he was because she didn't want audience members to think, "oh oh that's too much, she is enjoying it too much. She is married in real life, it's gone too far". then heaven forbid! It's acting! It's make believe! Too much of seeing two actors have great chemistry and wanting it to bleed into real life. As an actor, I think this bugs me more than normal and also because earlier episodes hinted that Dan-i was sexually progressive in that she spoke openly about it. 

I'll talk about the episodes later cos overall I just ADORED them. 

• Like 7

for the first time in forever again, i feel good about kdrama’s ending. i have to admit that the simplicity and realisticity of this drama is so so lovely! they wrap the drama very well and i can REST this drama in PEACE :) good job writer and pd-nim and everyone who works on this project. 

im so gonna miss LJS and will wait for his next drama in a couple year. good bye Romance Is A Supplement, good bye readers, the moon is beautiful:)

• Like 8

23 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Some Episode 15 text epilogues. No stills since I didn't get a chance to go find those, but perhaps @ibru could and match them up with the correct stills. I do rather love how strong and resilient EH and DY's love for each other is. They really seem to be soulmates, best friends, and lovers all rolled up into each other.

In an unfair world, the one thing that is fair
Is that everyone only has one life.
How one lives that one life
Is based on the choices you make now.

Keeping a promise in a world which no longer believes in promises,
Is like being a lonely far-off persevering star which no one has discovered.
However, a star has to shine,
And we, through that innocent starlight, experiences the dark night sky with new emotions.
It is by becoming one of those stars, that we can become the milky way.  

After the two leads’ hearts are put together, finishing with a ‘happy ending’,
Romances were lame is what I once thought.
However, I know now.
Living is more complicated than a comic book,
That for the sake of that lame ‘happy ending’, we have to try endlessly,
we have to love desperately.
We are only now ready to take on that long journey.

In this moment, the past in which I had left Eun Ho on his own during his lonely times,
I decided to not regret that any longer.
In the time that I might have had to regret, I wanted to caress Eun Ho’s hair affectionately at least once more,
To be with him for at least as long as the time that I had not been with him,..
For longer than that time, to love him more deeply and passionately,
Was what I decided.

https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1106914776859344896

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you everyone for posting. Just finished ep 16. It has one of the most natural ending ever. Yes we can criticise but seeing how shitty some; ok most Kdramas endings are this was pretty much tying things up in a believable, natural way.

The characters stayed consistent in their personality and how they ended the drama with. All the styles stayed the same . Ji Yul cracked me up. The declaration by EH was soft yet obvious.

Yes the kissing was subdued. But the mood carried over from a work lunch was light. They are secure. It is lunch time. Yes you can be all heavy breathing etc. But its not as if the whole last 1/4 of the episode was directed as heavy and emotional. It was a early afternoon kiss. Could have more lip movement. But I wasn't expecting heavy breathing and lip sucking from them. It didn't suit the mood the writer and director set up. Did you see how brightly they set the backdrop? LNY appears like a professional actor. Would she even consider a chaste kiss just because she is married? Surely not. If the director calls for a more lip movement kiss I am sure both actors would have done it. Actors are actors.

Can someone post the OST that played at the end?  I haven't been following the OST. I was distracted reading the subs than listening to the song. Such appropriate lyrics made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

The ending left me satisfied. The book ended well. I can reread it again and pay attention to what I missed. I can recommend it gladly.

Nice nice ending. This is probably the best LJS drama I've watched. The cast really gelled well on screen. LNY was a joy to watch. Such an effortless belief that she is Kang Danyi. 

And yes I am happy SHR ended up with JSJ. She is really nice. A nice person. A nice character. So refreshing to like a Kdrama character and I don't have to justify liking her.

• Like 8

This is such a well written drama.. and it really touches your heart... i empathize so much with KDI and i wish i have a CEH in my life who will be there for me during my ups and downs.. what is nice in this drama is the very realistic approach to life, the career womens flight which we see everywhere.. the different  facade of women in the career world.  

I love how this drama doesn’t have this cliche thing about rich man poor man, mother against relationship... what what.. this is such a light but super heartfelt drama which makes me cry and laugh.. kuddos to lee jong suk and lee na young super great actors.  

I am now watching his other works and looking for hers too.  Love love this drama.. i thought i will not be hook on another drAma after whats wrong with secretary kim but alas this drama hook me up that i even livestrEam the show without understanding anything.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, africandramalover said:

I feel you girl!! All the best!! Don't give up!!

I think that DanI had to resign so that she will come back to the company on merit. We have to get the low moments when she's defeated, so that when she wins the idea contest, we feel happy (in your face Ms Go!!) I am convinced she'll win that contest!

So she won the contest....lol!!

I loved the ending scene! it's been a while since a drama ended on a definitively positive note!

Excuse the quality of the pics, I got them off tvN's video on FB. I love how EunHo revealed their relationship. No need for the usual office dramatics of the gossip spreading the news.

54433905_10156701279260412_7245769605430

My hearteu!!

54436726_10156701279290412_9007053986062

Ms Go and Chairman being all cute about their romance....

54381493_10156701279495412_4776183618051

Spoiler

54256485_10156701279575412_8428953479669

I wish all the quote in the bonus book at the end of the drama could be collated into a book about EunHo and DanI!! They were so beautiful, I'll rewatch the drama just because I want to read them again and feel warm inside!!

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

This drama has been simple and heart warming, I wish there were more dramas like this. No over the top conflicts, no villian, just the life of ordinary people with difficulties and happiness. The only thing I am still disappointed about is the fact that they only "came out" at the very end. It started being weird when they were going to fire the female lead, if they were all such good friends, why have such unnecessary secrets? It's not like they were in a relationship where they didn't want their colleagues to know anything about them. Anyway, it was a good drama.

• Like 9

24 hours after and I'm still crying :tears: 

The last time I was touched by a drama like this was Reply 1997 which is my favourite of all time. Both are now my favourites. 

When this song started playing in the last 5 minutes when CEH and KDY were running away, I just lost it and started crying...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am sad to see this drama come to an end; however, the ending was very nice and left me feeling good.  Unlike many other dramas, the ending did not feel rushed, but well thought out.  The writing for the entire drama was exceptional.  This drama touched many themes and presented them all tastefully.  As someone stated in an earlier post, it was nice to see an adult relationship and I will go a step further, an grow -up (adult) drama.  None of the situations were, in your face, but presented as everyday life.  This drama touched on divorce, inequality in the work place, the difficulties facing the publishing business with the advent of digital books and the internet, a mother's view concerning marriage and career as opposed to her daughter's, lesbianism, and Alzheimer.  These themes were interwoven into the story just as they are interwoven in real life. 

What stood out for me was the passion everyone had for books.  That struck a cord with me because I love to read. I used to spend part of my lunch hour browsing through books in the book store.   Lately I had been reading books in digital form, however,  this drama made me want to read a real book.  A book where I can turn down the paper edge, flip back and forward through the pages and smell the ink.  This drama evoked all those fond memories of holding an actual book in my hands.  Thank you for stirring up many fond memories.

Thank you writer, I do not have any criticisms of your writing, the plot was well thought out from the opening to the last scenes.  I loved your metaphors and poems.  The thoughts and poems at the end of each episode were lovely and sweet, but thought provoking.

Thank you director, you were an asset to the writer, your direction was spot on. 

Thank you actors, I laughed with you, smiled, sighed, and cried with you.  Great job all.  You should be proud of your work. 

Job well done!

I shared a wonderful eight weeks with you guys, it was a joy reading and responding to your posts.  I hope to see you again soon...posting on another drama.   

• Like 6
  • Love 3

On 3/18/2019 at 5:20 PM, grake said:

24 hours after and I'm still crying :tears: 

The last time I was touched by a drama like this was Reply 1997 which is my favourite of all time. Both are free pokie games

When this song started playing in the last 5 minutes when CEH and KDY were running away, I just lost it and started crying...

Love the vid!

Edited by claireen
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Warmth sweet ending just like how the life should be flown and be lived full.

And of course the books message is the mine point of RBB, one book couldn't changes the world however  good books always leave a strong impressions and resonance in the readers minds.

Let's pick one good book to brings our souls to Endeavour and make journey to beautiful thoughts and idea of humans intelligent could reach to restore our humanity.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 3/18/2019 at 7:14 AM, rittoo said:

This drama has been simple and heart warming, I wish there were more dramas like this. No over the top conflicts, no villian, just the life of ordinary people with difficulties and happiness. The only thing I am still disappointed about is the fact that they only "came out" at the very end. It started being weird when they were going to fire the female lead, if they were all such good friends, why have such unnecessary secrets? It's not like they were in a relationship where they didn't want their colleagues to know anything about them. Anyway, it was a good drama.

I wholeheartedly agree.  As you stated no over the top conflicts, no villains, just the lives of ordinary people...well stated.

I understand why Eun-Ho and Dani-I wanted to keep their relationship secret. 

Eun-Ho was fair across the board and he could not let it appear that he was favoring Dan-I because they were in a relationship.  Coming out at the end was great because Dan-I had proven herself, and succeeded on her own merit.  Therefore, coming out at the end was the right choice and the secrecy added spice to the relationship ( I loved all of the stolen kisses and hugs) :D  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 15

by Sunny

RBB15-00183.jpg

Love isn’t just about grand gestures. A lot of it lies in the little things. Like being there when someone needs you, no matter what. It’s not always easy, but I guess if it was, it wouldn’t be love.

EPISODE 15:”Even Without You Telling Me, I Should Have Known”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-15/

• Like 3