[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

SJ wrote the book KBJ said he would write, The heroes. That's why SJ has been looking for the author. SJ is his illegitimate son but due to Alzheimer, the famous writer forgot his son SJ. Since CEH took care of him, he never knew about the existence of SJ.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, faithinme lara said:

EUnho is a walking angel,instead of asking her to reconsider,he just comfort her with hug and taking days off to accompany her at home. That domestic bliss... make me....CRINGE :sweatingbullets:

Lol! Those lovey-dovey scenes made me cringe too. That was some major outpour of affection!

I've been rooting for CEH and KDY's happily-ever-after from ep 1. But somehow I'm not feeling their chemistry as a couple now that they are together. How do I put this... a lack of a certain presence together? (I am so ready to dodge some bullets haha) Don't get me wrong, I love them. Perhaps my expectations were high to begin with. I am thinking that their relationship transition could've been written better; with a lesser push from CEH, make KDY a little less dense to allow her to realise her own feelings.

Now, where can I find my own CEH, who will try to force his friend to hire me :wub:

Have a great week ahead everyone!

• Like 2

Hello, I don't know if this topic has come up before. I haven't had time to backtrack the thread.

I'm interested in some books that appear on this drama...have someone made the list already?

Joining the discussion, I feel Dan-i's and Eunho's frustration regarding the job seeking.

Everyone keeps giving them "There's no solution for this/no answer for this," or that "the system/rule does not work like that!"

I encountered a similar situation here in Seoul not too long ago (currently studying in Seoul). I feel so frustrated receiving a similar answer from everyone. "I understand, but nothing we can do." It's like those people forget that behind those rules, systems, or whatever it is, there are PEOPLE who can actually make some changes!

I mean, Dan-i is proven to be competent and hard worker...why couldn't she be an exception to the rule?

EDIT: I only found these...are there more? Particularly the books that were read by Seojun and Dan-i

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Hello, I don't know if this topic has come up before. I haven't had time to backtrack the thread.

I'm interested in some books that appear on this drama...have someone made the list already?

Joining the discussion, I feel Dan-i's and Eunho's frustration regarding the job seeking.

Everyone keeps giving them "There's no solution for this/no answer for this," or that "the system/rule does not work like that!"

I encountered a similar situation here in Seoul not too long ago (currently studying in Seoul). I feel so frustrated receiving a similar answer from everyone. "I understand, but nothing we can do." It's like those people forget that behind those rules, systems, or whatever it is, there are PEOPLE who can actually make some changes!

I mean, Dan-i is proven to be competent and hard worker...why couldn't she be an exception to the rule?

EDIT: I only found these...are there more? Particularly the books that were read by Seojun and Dan-i

The link of the book which is given by you was read by CHA EUN HO in episode 10

D0PNvcrX0AA0aG9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My thoughts from episode 13.  I actually cried when Dan-yi explained to the president why she did not include her college and employment at an advertising agency on her resume and asked him to reconsider.  It was well acted.  As I sat watching that scene, I felt something wet on my face and realized that I was crying.  I am a woman in the work force, and know the barriers and hurdles many of us face.  Men get married, become parents and never have to worry about leaving the workforce; however, if a woman chooses to stay home with her child/children, she has a tough time re-entering the workforce.  I understand that in certain fields trends and norms change rapidly, however, it is sad to know that in many cases, if a woman want to be successful and move up in her field, she must sacrifice her happiness as Ms. Go did. (I will discuss that fly-by-night, publishing company Ms Go recommended to Dan-yi some other time.)  Even if Dan-yi could not re-inter the advertising/marketing field at the same level as when she left, I am sure that she could have been hired in a lower position where she could be brought up to speed. 

International Women's Day was March 8, and I felt scene was an acknowledgment to women everywhere; our achievements, our struggles and our tenacity.    Thank you writer.:heart:

I love this show, not just Eun-ho and Dan-yi, (their day off was so cute...loved it,) but all the couples and pairings.  The last two episodes engaged most of my emotions, I laughed, I cried and I sighed.  The entire cast are doing a first class job and the writing and directing are right on point.  I cannot wait for Saturdays and Sundays to watch this drama... I am really going to miss all of the characters once this drama is over.  

• Like 8

On 3/10/2019 at 3:50 AM, Fenxia Tan said:

I see a theme in INTEGRITY here and the struggle to have that, our characters are not perfect:  

- I like how EH doesn’t abuse his power to help DY totally with the competitions,

- or that DY acknowledges her less than truthful application is wrong and she should pack up even though she has done good work

- or Ms.Go taking DY’s idea as her own and not acknowledging it but the line is so gray here also...

(I can’t think of anymore for now)

Yet having integrity doesn’t come easy. It is always easier to lie. Sometimes truth is hard to keep like what’s happening with author Kang...which is also the question of whether was it right to do so or not? These are hard questions to ponder upon and we get to glimpse that internal struggle of the characters in this drama. 

@Fenxia Tan

I agree with your point about integrity.  However, as you pointed out Ms. Go took DY's idea as her own and would not allow DY's name to be included in a book that she worked on and came up with the cover design.  Based on those examples, I think that Ms. Go should have been the last person to use the integrity card.  Did she not lie to her ex about being married?  I have worked as a temporary, which I believe is similar to a contract worker and the only criteria I needed (other than a high school diploma, any necessary certification and pass any relevant tests) was the skills necessary to do the job I was contracted for.  If the position did not require a college degree, than the fact that I did not list all of my educational background was not an integrity issue.  I think Ms. Go is a hypocrite.  Once she got DY fired she then gave her a reference for a small publishing house that does not seem to be above board (don't pay their bills and dodge contractors).  The office is in a disarray and there isn't any organization.  As I stated before, Ms. Go saw DY as a threat.  I believe that she under estimated DY and she will get the office running as it should.   I am glad that the writer chose to show how much the staff misses DY and her contributions to their team and office.  

Side bar:  Speaking of integrity, the young lady set DY up, because as conscientious as DY is, if DY was asked to cancel the order, she would have.  It was sad that no one spoke up for DY, she was right at that point to resign.  Once  the young lady was able to get away with it, whenever something went wrong, DY would have been blamed for it.  Integrity has many faces, one of them is speaking up when you know something is not right or someone is being treated unfairly.

@sgfan

Lol! Those lovey-dovey scenes made me cringe too. That was some major outpour of affection!

I've been rooting for CEH and KDY's happily-ever-after from ep 1. But somehow I'm not feeling their chemistry as a couple now that they are together. How do I put this... a lack of a certain presence together? (I am so ready to dodge some bullets haha) Don't get me wrong, I love them. Perhaps my expectations were high to begin with. I am thinking that their relationship transition could've been written better; with a lesser push from CEH, make KDY a little less dense to allow her to realise her own feelings.

You make some valid points about the transition and CEH.  CEH only pushed because he had some serious competition.  It was I might lose her again push.

Perhaps you are not feeling their chemistry because they are very familiar to each other and have been loving each other for a long time, she was in denial and Eun-ho did not want a rejection.  Therefore, their love is not like "new love", it is comfortable.  It is I have your back and you have mine love.  It is a two of us against the world love, not an exciting we are learning and exploring each other love.  Therefore, the chemistry would feel different.  

I think their day off was cute, I loved it.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Strangers needs to want to help outside the square for someone. And its a dog eat dogs world out there.  I am not being cynical but realistic. And that's why connections count. Even if its not plain nepotism. Its whether someone recommended you to this company etc etc.  Not many people have the luxury to be altruistic. I know people who work or study in Seoul. They are forced to follow the societal norms for that work place or university. 

I am not condemning it just saying it is what it is. I am cringing as I write this since I just finished SKY Castle. 

I am actually on this forum right now because I cannot recall the exact moment  when they became a couple. We saw the holding hands in ep 11? Post kiss ep 10 ending?

Then when did they sleep into couplehood?

Also I was chuckling because LJS would have known by then he was enlisting. And doing all these; even if he is doing public service vs being secluded for basic training was going to earn some envy when he enlists. I lived in a national service country before. And the no 1 obsession seemed to be finding a girlfriend when in service. Lol. The freaking number of invites we had from all the various armed forces branches for their functions were hilarious.

The more skinship there was in ep 14 the more I was laughing. That was a serious amount of skinship. Especially the tteokbukki and fishcake kiss. Plus all the kitchen shenanigans. I wasn't swooning I was laughing quite a bit. Ok quite a lot. I want to see the BTS of those scenes man.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 5

'Romance is a Bonus Book' weekend review: Dan-yi finds a trove of notes about Kang Byeong-jun at Eun-ho's house

'Romance is a Bonus Book' over the weekend took an unexpected turn as Dan-yi found the truth about author Kang Byeong-jun through a diary that he had left behind

'Romance is a Bonus Book' weekend review: Dan-yi finds a trove of notes about Kang Byeong-jun at Eun-ho's house

In the weekend episodes — 13 and 14 — of 'Romance is a Bonus Book', Dan-yi's character finds herself going through a lot in terms of work and her personal life. She resigns as the contract worker in Eun-ho's publishing company.

With the help of Ms Go, she finds a job in a different publishing company but soon realizes that her boss in the new company makes her do tasks that are not part of her job. She also grows closer to Eun-ho and there are many romantic moments to make fans of Eun-ho and Dan-yi happy.

In the beginning, Dan-yi is not aware of what is happening between Ms Go and Eun-ho regarding her employment. She prepares for the company competition and, along with the other two newbies, she makes her submission as well, despite being a contract worker.

The marketing department head, Ms Seo, discusses with the other department heads and the CEO the possibility of transferring Dan-yi to her team after seeing her enthusiasm. However, it comes to light that Dan-yi is not eligible as she omitted her graduation details from her resume. Dan-yi hears about this from Ms Seo and feels bad for Eun-ho. She tells him not to worry and, over a text message, tells him to consider that she has been informed about her contract being voided. Eun-ho, on the other hand, doesn't want Dan-yi to give up as it is not illegal to remove information from the resume. 

The next day at work, not only has Ms Go found the truth about Dan-yi lying on the resume, but the entire office has come to know the truth about her.

A colleague then blames Dan-yi of forgetting an important task in front of Ms Go and Dan-yi is not able to hold it all in and hands in her resignation. Hae-rin informs Eun-ho about Dan-yi's decision. He hurriedly leaves his lecture to be by her side. The two spend a day in and Eun-ho comforts Dan-yi.

She doesn't stay low for long and, surprisingly, with the help of Ms Go, finds a job at a smaller publishing company. It is only later that she realises that her bosses are not what they seem. They make her do things that are not a part of her job and, to forget that, she starts cleaning up Eun-ho's house over the weekend and finds a box full things that belonged to author Byeong-jun. After putting together different notes that the author made about his day before his disappearance and, at the end of the episode, she realises the truth.

'Romance is a Bonus Book' has all the right elements of romance, which is heightened by the chemistry between Eun-ho and Dan-yi. As the show nears its ending, however, the track of author Kang Byeong-jun is starting to seem half-hearted.

From when the show began, the author's arc has been underdeveloped and even a big moment, such as Dan-yi finding the truth about the disappearance of her favourite author, lacks drama. So, the big reveal doesn't necessarily come across as a major plot twist.

While one would have expected the truth to affect Dan-yi and Eun-ho's relationship one way or another, it might turn out to be a mere handicap to provide the protagonist with a traumatic past — something that the audiences have come to expect of a strong male lead.

If this was not the case, Seo-joon, the second male lead's character, would have been more developed and he would have also spent more time understanding what happened to Byeong-jun than trying to woo Dan-yi.

While it looked like Seo-joon would play a pivotal role from his first encounter with Eun-ho, the character's arc has not been very impressive.

https://meaww.com/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-13-episode-14-review-cha-eun-ho-kang-dan-yi

• Like 6

17 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

There are some more books are shown in the drama, but they are not on much focus. 

The one was pre-printed thanks to Dani's hard work 

The book shown when Kim CEO tried to sell it to Seo Joon at bookstore 

A book EunDani read during their home dating 

This one tht Kim CEO, Cha Eun Ho visited Hong Editor at finishing spot. 

and probably a few more but I cant recall of them atm 

All these books licensed by RHK Publising -  this drama's advisor in terms of how publishing company work in the related industry. RHK also licensed some of Na Tae Joo's teacher book, no wonder why they included in the drama. Haha bae is the most happy one. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Romance Is a Bonus Book: Episode 13

by Sunny

RBB13-00109.jpg

The law of the universe dictates that what goes up, must then come down. Sadly, our heroine is learning that the hard way as her time at Gyeoroo threatens to come to an end.Dan-yi has trudged an unfair path from the get-go, but at least this time, she doesn’t have to face it alone.

EPISODE 13:”Did It Hurt Because of Me?”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-13/

• Like 4

Dan-i & Eun Ho ● Soulmate ▷ Romance is a Bonus Book

"What's a soulmate?"
"Its uhhh like a best friend but more"

bpwinces!

This was not planned at all, I had a terrible finish to what could have been a beautiful day. Ugh that's life I guess. BUT that called me to edit, what I do best when I'm frustrated so here you go, made something super sweet for this SWEET drama that manages to take my troubles away. This was made in a few hours so its not perfect, and I know that this audio IS SUPPER common. But I thought no other couple would suit this audio better than these two, so about time I vid it. Hope you all enjoy,

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Romance is a Bonus Book: Episode 14

by abirdword

BonusBook_E14_00164-1.jpg

Having the chief editor on her side isn’t enough to keep our heroine at her job. But while Dan-yi’s days at Gyeoroo are over, Eun-ho is at her side, as always, to help her heal and move on. And Dan-yi may have left her job behind, but she took with her valuable allies who are also there to provide help along the way. But as everyone starts to move on in their lives, Dan-yi discovers the secret Eun-ho has been hiding from everyone, even her.

Episode 14

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-14/

• Like 5

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Goof Off Behind The Scenes Of “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by K. Lew
b21af4fc111947dc9cc91d7d9bedab6b.jpeg?s=

Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young have great chemistry in a new behind-the-scenes video for “Romance Is a Bonus Book.”

The video shows that the first scene that is filmed is the one where Lee Jong Suk comforts Lee Na Young with a hug. The two both tear up but the director and Lee Jong Suk tease her behind the scenes. In another scene, they film a romantic moment on Lee Na Young’s bed. While waiting out of the camera’s line of sight, Lee Jong Suk goofs off for the camera.

n the next scene, the director shows Lee Na Young how he wants her to roll around on the floor. She adorably rolls around everywhere on the floor, and Lee Jong Suk sweetly makes her feel better by using all sorts of tactics.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1310270wpp/watch-lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-goof-off-behind-the-scenes-of-romance-is-a-bonus-book

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1