[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

Ep 13 impression ( the looming of darkness surrounding danyi) 

A++ effort from eunho to find alternatives for danyi even though it's useless.  

I somehow can't  comprehend the idea of Danyi  contract termination are because they will find it uncomfortable how to address her because she used to go to great uni and advert agency?!!:crazy:.  She applies for Task Support Team and accepted into it. Treat her like what she hired to. Who cares about what she achieved 7 years before?!!!  She applied the job,she do the job sincerely, she never  complain about her tasks or her salary, she helped when she doesn't have to, what more could they thinks negatively of her?  

I know she resign at the end,but it's too much to her. We're gonna see what push her to resign. I don't think eunho will be the only reason. The way Director Go lashes at her in upcoming ep seems to indicate otherwise.  She so hellbent on dismissing danyi from Gyeoroo and it makes my blood boil:angry:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, faithinme lara said:

somehow can't  comprehend the idea of Danyi  contract termination are because they will find it uncomfortable how to address her because she used to go to great uni and advert agency?!!:crazy:

Me too. I cannot comprehend n understand why the president sides with ms go or ko. Why, why?

Anyway, may she deserves better place and better happy life. Good luck dan i.

Meanwhile, she is lucky to have eun ho by her side, this time, encouraging her and cheering her mood. She definitely is upset with the whole situation n being jobless again. Poor her. Fighting.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have a confession to make.  I have something rather embarrassing to share with friends and former colleagues but I can SOOOOO relate to Kang Dan Yi .  I am in the exact same situation.   I have a master's degree from a good uni...I had worked in managerial positions for multinational companies for 11 years before my baby was born.  Now I have been away from work for 8 years and is also experiencing extreme difficulties going back to the workforce.  I have been receiving replies telling me I am over qualified or I have been away from work for too long or simply no replies at all.  After repeated rejections, as a long-term unemployed "failure", my self-esteem plummeted and doubt/fear that my past-experiences useless and skills atrophied.  Now I am only working on some very ad hoc freelance cases with meager pay.  I feel so helpless and hopeless.   It is not that I don't think realistically -I need a job, I am eager to work and I don't mind working in a lower level position.  As a generation X I do not worry about or afraid of hardships, I was trained and I believe that if one is willing and is diligent opportunities are there for you to grasp.   But this is so far from reality.   To be honest, I thought about not listing my degree as well as toning down my past working experiences....but that will just make my resume look even less qualified in conjunction with my age.   I bawled my eyes out along with Kang Dan Yi in the ladies room.   The struggles and the brutal realities depicted in this drama are very real in Asia. 

Edited by Sianna Luke
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

I also feel so frustrated with all of you wrt DY’s situation. Her job application as task support team stated that “age and educational background was irrelevant” but it seems not so. I felt it is so unfair that someone who had such good credentials are not allowed to enter the workforce anymore, as if it is wrong or discouraged to take a break to go invest time on your own children. Honestly what is this world valuing these days? In the next episode, it seems like DY will resign, I’m guessing partly also because she doesn’t want to implicate EH, and she acknowledges that she has not been truthful in revealing all her qualifications, granted it is out of desperation. 
I see a theme in INTEGRITY here and the struggle to have that, our characters are not perfect:  

- I like how EH doesn’t abuse his power to help DY totally with the competitions,

- or that DY acknowledges her less than truthful application is wrong and she should pack up even though she has done good work

- or Ms.Go taking DY’s idea as her own and not acknowledging it but the line is so gray here also...

(I can’t think of anymore for now)

Yet having integrity doesn’t come easy. It is always easier to lie. Sometimes truth is hard to keep like what’s happening with author Kang...which is also the question of whether was it right to do so or not? These are hard questions to ponder upon and we get to glimpse that internal struggle of the characters in this drama. 

• Like 9

[Romance is A Bonus Book 로맨스는 별책부록 OST, Part 7]

Kim Na-young (김나영) - 너의 모든 기억 속에 MV

Listen on 
Melon https://melon.do/USKvqgrXU
Genie https://www.genie.co.kr/detail/albumI...
Spotify 
Itunes 

Information
Title : 너의 모든 기억 속에
Release Date : 2019.03.10
Artist : 김나영 (Kim Na-young)
Drama : tvN Sat-Sun Drama Romance is A Bonus Book (로맨스는 별책부록)
Album : 로맨스는 별책부록 OST Part 7 (tvN 토일드라마 )

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sianna Luke said:

I have a confession to make.  I have something rather embarrassing to share with friends and former colleagues but I can SOOOOO relate to Kang Dan Yi .  I am in the exact same situation.   I have a master's degree from a good uni...I had worked in managerial positions for multinational companies for 11 years before my baby was born.  Now I have been away from work for 8 years and is also experiencing extreme difficulties going back to the workforce.  I have been receiving replies telling me I am over qualified or I have been away from work for too long or simply no replies at all.  After repeated rejections, as a long-term unemployed "failure", my self-esteem plummeted and doubt/fear that my past-experiences useless and skills atrophied.  Now I am only working on some very ad hoc freelance cases with meager pay.  I feel so helpless and hopeless.   It is not that I don't think realistically -I need a job, I am eager to work and I don't mind working in a lower level position.  As a generation X I do not worry about or afraid of hardships, I was trained and I believe that if one is willing and is diligent opportunities are there for you to grasp.   But this is so far from reality.   To be honest, I thought about not listing my degree as well as toning down my past working experiences....but that will just make my resume look even less qualified in conjunction with my age.   I bawled my eyes out along with Kang Dan Yi in the ladies room.   The struggles and the brutal realities depicted in this drama are very real in Asia. 

I feel you girl!! All the best!! Don't give up!!

I think that DanI had to resign so that she will come back to the company on merit. We have to get the low moments when she's defeated, so that when she wins the idea contest, we feel happy (in your face Ms Go!!) I am convinced she'll win that contest!

I died at this moment when their relationship is revealed!! It's almost like it happened to a friend!!! :love:

54434245_10156685144050412_4127561896142

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@Sianna Luke Thank you for sharing. I am also a jobseeker, with 11 years of working experience and a master's. My job search for the past 3 months has been tough, especially since I am trying to switch industries. I have also thought about not listing my post-grad qualification for entry-level roles. But decided against that and instead tried not to highlight it and downplayed my experience. Still experimenting with this strategy in my applications. I am also ready to start anew with a junior role, but hiring managers are usually skeptical, wondering why I would leave my previous industry and settle for a much lower pay elsewhere.

There are efforts from governments and industries to encourage companies to hire mums and seniors returning to the workforce. Sounds good on paper, but in reality, not many companies have jumped onboard.

@Fenxia Tan I agree with you about integrity being a recurring theme. Ms Go is the stick-to-the-rules, no exceptions type. I noticed a hint of guilt in her expression and some empathy. Although Ms Go understood KDY's struggle and reasons, she couldn't simply turn a blind eye and had to report or do something about it. I hope some of you are right, in that she intends to get KDY to re-apply for regular employment.

I too wonder why OJY hadn't been fired over the misprint of thousands of books..

Edited by sgfan
grammar error. OCD acted up
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Geez that female staffer wanted Dan-I out of there fast as much as that evil female chief editor! I mean I know she's desperate to keep her job by using Dan-I as a scapegoat but sheesh! Dan-I has actually gone out of her way to help her out several times:crazy: Just goes to show that at the end everyone is only looking out for themselves:rolleyes: Sure when they need a favor, you must always oblige but when the situation turns around they have no qualms on throwing you under the bus:P

I like how Hae-Rin stood up for Dan-I.

For someone who keeps up appearances, she sure has a lot of wardrobe malfunctions<_< That female chief editor keeps missing buttons tsk. tsk. I mean couldn't that widower President of Gyeoroo just handed her the button ha-ha?! Did he really need to sew it back for her? I see another loveline here...maybe then she wouldn't be so prickly:P Ok..ok so she redeemed herself halfway through ep. 14 LoL.

Having Dan-I be unemployed may not be such a bad thing as we get to enjoy some lovey dovey scenes of our otp lovebirds:wub::w00t: I think Lee Jong-Suk is having the time of his life here as he seems to be enjoying his role a bit too much, it sort of blurs reality & fantasy as Lee Na-Young has been his crush for ages now. Wonder what her hubby Won-Bin thinks eheheh?!:phew:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

“Romance Is A Bonus Book” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Mar 11, 2019
by D. S.kim

Viewership ratings for tvN’s “Romance is a Bonus Book” reached an all-time high!

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 10 episode of “Romance is a Bonus Book” scored average ratings of 6.3 percent and peaked at 7.2 percent, which is by far the drama’s personal best performance. The previous record was held by the February 24 episode, which scored average ratings of 5.8 percent.

As a result, the drama achieved the highest viewership ratings among dramas in its time slot that aired across cable, IPTV, and satellite platforms. The drama also recorded an average of 3.8 percent and peaked at 4.3 percent for its target age group of 2049 (people between the ages of 20 and 49).

“Romance is a Bonus Book” tells the story of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), two people who have known each other for a long time and go from just being friends to in a relationship.

Meanwhile, the drama’s lead actor Lee Jong Suk enlisted at an undisclosed district office to begin his service as a public service worker on March 8. He is set to be discharged from his service on January 2, 2021.

The next episode of “Romance is a Bonus Book” will air on March 16 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

[Spoilers] Romance Is A Bonus Book E14 + Rating

0000964664_001_20190310222302159.jpg?fit=463%2C1024&ssl=1

1-19.png?w=640&ssl=1

1-20.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Romance is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young found out about Lee Jong Suk’s secret

1.[+1807, -32] Writer-nim thought about the viewers heart and that’s why she intentionally added the romance as a bonus book? I thought I will die, my heart was about to burst ㅠㅠ What’s with Eun Dan’s chemistry? Lee Jong Suk is crazy, he is a rom-com master

2.[+1221, -17] Why did you make romance a bonus book? Yeah? Yeah? Make it the main point, i’m not satisfied ㅠㅠ

3.[+908, -33] Wow this is crazy, Eun Ho Dan Yi’s sweet scenes got me recharged for a whole year ㅋㅋ Wow my heart, their chemistry is crazy, Lee Jong Suk why didn’t you do rom-coms till now?

4.[+806, -40] Let’s make a law that Lee Jong Suk has to make 100 rom-coms. It’s crazy heart fluttering

5.[+665, -31] Today, I melted because of Lee Jong Suk ㅠㅠ It’s pouring with sweetness ㅠㅠㅠ

6.[+396, -3] Please give us a refreshing scene and teach a lesson to the women who blamed Dan Yi. It’s seriously upsetting ㅡㅡ

7.[+208, -11] Song Hae Rin is so pretty, rather than hating Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho, she takes care of them, she is really warm-hearted

8.[+171, -1] Who eats Tteokbokki like that, Lee Jong Suk? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

9.[+170, -9] Eun Ho took care of the professor who he respects, Writer Ji is his real son, right?? Writer Kang has dementia ㅠㅠ

10.[+196, -30] Lee Na Young is a bright actress who makes her co-star shines…

11.[+157, -2] I thought I would die because Lee Jong Suk is heart fluttering ㅜㅜ I want to see Eun Ho and Dan Yi together for the whole hour, their chemistry is the best

12.[+134, -0] Lee Jong Suk is seriously good at romance acting, it looks natural

Rating: 6.3%

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-romance-is-a-bonus-book-e14-rating/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 Most Searched Dramas In Korea (Based On Mar. 10 Data)

most searched kdrama, most popular korean drama

Which dramas do you think Koreans are searching the most for? Which current drama catches the curiosity of Koreans?

Naver has a ranking of the most searched dramas in Korea with a daily ranking. Being searched online does not mean that these dramas are the most watched, but it is the most issued dramas of the day. It is also interesting to see the changing trends with dramas going up and down from the searching list (changing every day).

This list is based on the data of Mar. 10 daily searched dramas.

1- “My Only One”

2- “Romance is a Bonus Book

3- “The Fiery Priest”

4- “Big Issue”

5- “Liver Or Die” 

6- “Love in Sadness”

7- “Dazzling

8- “Possessed” 

9- “Touch Your Heart

10- “Babel”

most searched kdrama, most popular korean drama

New dramas “Big Issue” and “Possessed” entered the ranking. “Touch Your Heart” entered again the ranking. “My Only One” stayed the number one. On the overall, the top 10 does not show much change from last week.

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-mar-10-data/

Romance Is A Bonus Book ratings, Romance Is A supplement ratings, Romance Is A Bonus Book drama, Romance Is A Bonus Book tvn, Romance Is A Bonus Book lee jongsuk, Romance Is A supplement drama, Romance Is A supplement tvn, Romance Is A supplement lee jongsuk

Ratings Of TvN Drama “Romance Is A Bonus Book” With Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young (Seventh Week)

"Romance is a Bonus Book” also called “Romance is a Supplement” is a romantic comedy with Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young. The drama is at its seventh week of airing.

The drama tells the stories of people who work at a publishing company and the love story between a genius writer and the youngest chief editor at the publishing company (Lee JongSuk) and a divorced mom going through hardships who is penniless and homeless and who is trying her best to find a job (Lee Na Young). For more information, posters, and trailer about the drama, you can check our cast and summary here.

The drama airs on Saturday-Sunday at 9 pm KST on cable channel tvN.

According to Nielsen Korea, ratings of the drama are the following, on Mar. 9, the 13th episode had 5.3, and on Mar. 10, the 14th episode had 6.3%.

The drama ratings increased and reached its best-ever ratings.

You can check previous ratings here.

The drama is at the top of the most searched dramas of the day ranked 2nd on Naver (as for Mar. 10).

https://www.kpopmap.com/ratings-of-tvn-drama-romance-is-a-bonus-book-with-lee-jongsuk-and-lee-nayoung-seventh-week/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ep 14 impression ( Danyi starting anew and another secret reveal)

Gosh, Gyeoroo become so weird just a day after danyi was notified of her contract termination. The awkward atmosphere,the stolen glances,avoiding her.... I FELT THAT DEEP INTO MY BONES. And then, richard simmons happen. That girl,she find a perfect person to blame for her own mistake. That moment,i cheer danyi for walking away. :angry:

EUnho is a walking angel,instead of asking her to reconsider,he just comfort her with hug and taking days off to accompany her at home. That domestic bliss... make me....CRINGE :sweatingbullets: 

Ms Go looks a bit better in my eyes when she offer danyi a place in small and a lil bit shady publishing house. A great challenge that i hope danyi can overcome with success. FIGHTING KAND DANYI. WE WILL CHEER YOU AS A WATCHER!!!:thumbsup:

A new part of Kang Author 10 year ++ secret revealed. He did has alzheimer. The notes,seems to indicate that. The burning question,is the manuscript send to gyeoroo which indicate as kang author unfinish work yet was send in someone else name, or we know that person as Ji Seo Jun.

What so mysterious about him,eunho and author kang?

Great week as usual. Great week to spend lee jong suk absent for 2 years :unsure:

like i said... CRINGE:grimace:

• Like 5