[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

On 2/27/2019 at 12:52 PM, shin.u said:

I am here not to defend for Jong Suk but just to friendly share my opinion.

I agreed that his acting style is kinda the same until While You Are Sleeping, but looking back, most of his dramas are melo *plus* written by the same writer. She knew his style of acting so personally she did him tailor-made. And regarding to his speech patterns & voice tone, he has improved here and there.. I hope that you could spend a bit of your time on Hymn Of Death, so may be you could see him a bit different. It is the only one (too bad, it's short) drama that I can see him in a new light, it's the only one drama I admit that his acting skill has reached another step, after Dr Stranger (and Hot Young Blood movie). It took me almost 4 years to witness his improvement so I really love it (I dont mean that his acting was the same in 4 year long. Except W he performed poorly,  he did improve a bit here and there, detailed one on voice of tone, micro expression etc but those cahnges are unnoticeable easily)

And to tell you the truth, what you see LJS here as LJS vs CEH, is true. Mature, calm, warm CEH is CEH and cute, dorky, adorable CEH is really LJS - that's how he is in real life (same with Jung Jae Chan in While You Are Sleeping) However, mature, thoughtful, considering and self-low esteem LJS, those sides of him are not able to see unless you read his interview and analyze his action sequence. 

It's totally ok if you and other drama-lovers dont see him the way as I do, because I have always truely hoped he could experience much more and build up his skills much wider and stronger. He needs to change his image, whether sharper, uglier etc in order to reach further remarkable milestone, especially after discharge. 

I am not a huge fangirl, but I have watched many of LJS's works and a couple of them are in my all-time favourites list.

I fully agree with your recommendation of Hymn of Death. Frankly, I hadn't heard of it until I stumbled across the thumbnail on Netflix. This short drama far-exceeded my expectations - in terms of cinematography (beautiful parks/garden), soundtrack, screenplay and of course acting delivery. It is a sad, tragic story, no doubt. However, I guess we can all appreciate the drama for what it is trying to convey.

The 2 leads, LJS and Shin Hye Sun, did very well in their portrayal of their characters. Known for utilizing cute and/or suave looks, it was a very pleasant surprise for me then, to have found none of this in the sombre drama.

May I suggest giving VIP a try as well? I think it is safe to say that it will not be a favourite movie, nor one which you will rewatch in its entirety (gruesome scenes again?! no!). But it does show LJS's versatility as an actor

Since we mentioned Hymn of Death here, does anyone know if there are English-translated books of Kim U-jin's works? I did a Google search but found nothing much. Surely there is more interest in writings now?

• Like 6

ep 11 impression. (EUNHO WHIPPED FOR ONE WOMAN)

Today should really be call eunho fool and heart eye smile day. if he's not giving hearteye to danyi, he kept teasing danyi instead. and DOMESTIC FLUFF which end up with someone getting a scratch in his face. but no worry, he's too in luvvvv to notice any pain or getting angry :joy:

Universe really siding with eunho this time eventhough danyi straight up lie to his face on getting out for a date with seo jun, he end up finding out the truth and tease that poor lady again :joy: 

Danyi worries with bad side of their getting together plausible and worth noted. it will never be easy transition from friends for life to lovers for life. the fear that everything will fall apart if they break up. :unsure:

Haerin unability to move on, and working near Eunho neighbourhood yet end up unknowingly getting cozy with seojun. ;) . you already ready to move yet you still denying reality. aigoo :rolleyes:  the moment she put the pieces together about danyi-eunho , WOW. just one slip up from seojun and she manage to piece the truth in one snap. ouch. please don't ruin this beautiful friendship, writernim :cry:

i guess,  seo jun birthday date are related somehow with KBJ mystery? still didn't see any correlation. :huh:

that is one beautiful cover books. and the reading events, so, so beautiful....until someone from danyi past decide to show up and get everything out in the open. i really dislike that interview manager lady. so haughty. :angry: 

and they hold hand... me so in love and in heaven right now, well at least for now until hell break loose in tomorrow ep.  please don't let Director Go ask Eunho to fire danyi. i have no idea why she wants to make eunho fire danyi in the first place. ask HR  dept or you,  yourself can fire her on your own. why did you ask for Chief editor to do it?  i can't understand. :crazy:

crazy guy who are so in love with his noona

D0qit8oU0AE9eRD.jpg

D0qm4QwVsAEenxd.jpg

D0qjFUkU4AAaQG9.jpg

sure, kang danyi. it's only a headbutt....kiss :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

THEY HELD HANDSSS!!! THIS IS BETTER THAN THE PECK IDK WHY. 

The cleaning up scene is just too beautiful! I find it so intimate when EH actually cleans up and put DY’s clothes in her wardrobe. The ‘break up’ between DY and SJ is also heartwarming and i love how mature they are. Tonight’s episode is very warm<3

SJ’s birthday is on 23rd of April, HR began to see DY&EH in a new light and Ms. Goo knowing the truth about DY’s past surely will take us to a rollercoaster ride. Good luck on watching tomorrow’s episode guys. 

• Like 5

Feeling a lil bad for Hae-RIn:( as she finally puts together the puzzle pieces to Eun-Ho's "mystery woman". On the other she looks super cute with Seo-Joon sleeping on her shoulder:wub: I find her nonchalantly letting him lean on her refreshing as most K-Dramas are pretty conservative when it comes to physical contact, especially when it's the opposite sex.

LMFAo at her parents givin' Eun-Ho the stink eye!!!:w00t::w00t::lol::lol::P:P

The female chief editor seems to still pine over her former flame, is that why she chose to remain single!? She sure comes across bitter despite her many accolades<_< Would it hurt for her to smile on occasion? Geez.  She reminds me of Meryl Streep from, "The Devil Wears Prada".

I sure wish they tended to Geum-Bi the dog better:P especially the part where Eun-Ho left the poor thing tied to the legs of a table:blink: was afraid the dog might get agitated & run off with the table:wacko: Furthermore what if it rained? And Seo-Joon napped for quite a while too..  It looks like Dan-I's actual job identity is in danger of being exposed.

From the preview to ep. 12, Eun-Ho & Seo-Joon have a bit of a bromance moment themselves ha-ha!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder what is up with Manager Go now. I think she's written to be a character of contradictions, however, my biggest issue with her is that she's not a very sympathetic character. Even when she's revealing the sacrifices that she had made in her life as well as the pathos that she lives in the current state, I don't find myself caring much about her character, unlike many of the other characters. Not sure if this is a flaw in the writing or the way the character is being acted. Anyway, I wonder why she's all up in arms about firing DY. Probably has something to do with her friend recognizing DY from somewhere.

Also, it seems that HR finally figures out that DY and EH are a thing. I don't really feel badly for her. EH never led her on, and even rejected her firmly, so she has no claims on him. She can feel badly for herself, but not sure why she would feel angry towards EH and DY.

yeah, at one point it's  seem that show wants to redeem her character with sad story and glamorous night life, then she revert to the same cold and unapproachable director go persona again.  she too seems enjoy making her subordinate uncomfortable by asking them to do the most hurtful things to another staff, and her target always haerin and eunho. is this what normally company does? did she have right to order another staff to fire another staff? 

haerin inability to move on and taking the rejection...as rejection seems pretty pathetic. she's a wonderful woman and has great career yet her letdown is unrequited love for her sunbae who has been rejecting her kindly(which probably a mistake,btw) and already put his distance since aeons ago. 

• Like 6

The only explanation I have got for Go's request to fire DY is that she wants to force DY to use her college degree. So far, she applied for that position because she only had a high school degree. In reality, she had more. Besides, she hid her work experience. For someone like Go whose career means a lot to her, she doesn't want DY to hide her real qualifications. She should be proud of her college degree and her work experience. So by firing her, Go might actually propose another position for DY which fits better her qualifications. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The only explanation I have got for Go's request to fire DY is that she wants to force DY to use her college degree. So far, she applied for that position because she only had a high school degree. In reality, she had more. Besides, she hid her work experience. For someone like Go whose career means a lot to her, she doesn't want DY to hide her real qualifications. She should be proud of her college degree and her work experience. So by firing her, Go might actually propose another position for DY which fits better her qualifications. 

That's a very good explanation. And if that would be the case, it will not be totally out of character. It would be a very Ms Go approach. Thanks for that insight!

• Like 7

[Spoilers] Romance Is A Bonus Book E11 + Rating

0000961440_001_20190302222402055.jpg?type=w540

1-1.png?w=640&ssl=1

1-2.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young is in trouble because of her academic background

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000961440

1.[+2734, -29] Wow it’s a really lovely and heart fluttering drama, the way they confess their love, the way they reject or accept the confession are all considerate and not rude at all, It’s a healing drama, especially, Lee Jong Suk as Cha Eun Ho is so lovely

2.[+1455, -22] It’s a lovely and heart fluttering drama, It’s like they turned a novel into a tv show. There is no hole in acting, I’m in awe every time I see Eun Ho Dan Yi visuals and I like the lines too

3.[+813, -29] If a high school graduate tuned to be a college graduate, you fire her?

4.[+504, -21] You can’t hide love ^~^ the way they looked at each other and held hands, made viewers smile♡ Eun Dan Yi

5.[+392, -22] Today, Eun Dan Yi were cute and heart fluttering, why did that interviewer come?? I wish when I open my eyes and wake up it will be tomorrow’s 9PM ㅠㅠㅠ

6.[+253, -3] Lee Jong Suk looked like he has no worries when he was singing while cleaning the bathroom ㅋㅋㅋㅋ when he held her hands behind his back in the book reading, It was so heart fluttering. Lee Jong Suk is Cha Eun Ho and Chan Eun Ho is Lee Jong Suk. He is so cute

7.[+239, -2] The writer’s mind is really good, all her lines are considerate to others and warm, It’s also gentle and refreshing. Writer, thank you for writing such a good story. They need to make more dramas like this

8.[+193, -1] When he sang ‘Noona, You are my woman’ I seriously burst out laughing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve watched it since the first episode, it’s a really calm romance…I like it so much

9.[+149, -1] I didn’t know Lee Jong Suk was this full of charms. so heart fluttering

10.[+132, -3] Confession. Rejection. Play hard to get. There is no frustration, this is the first time i watch a drama this pretty ㅠㅠㅠ…

11.[+115, -2] I sometimes get confused whether Lee Jong Suk is acting or being real. He fits Cha Eun Ho so well

12.[+89, -1] My cheeks hurt because of Lee Jong Suk cuteness ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

0000961440_002_20190302222402094.jpg?type=w540

Credit: https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-romance-is-a-bonus-book-e11-rating/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am a long time lurker on soompi forum boards. :ph34r:

But this drama has made me all crazy in the head with all the sweetness, and I can't keep quiet any longer. 

Anyway, just watched ep.11 and grinning like a mad lady. Anyone else think that the part where  LJS opens the door and LNY's head gets bonked was a NG? Just the way he chuckles when he speaks to her, and you can also see her smiling, trying not to laugh. So funny, but the director still uses the clip. And it works. :lol:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thank you.

My first thought was, oh she is evil. But i like your positivity.

If i can be more positive like you, the world is a better place for every one.

Again, thank you @bebebisous33.

Any analysis on this drama?

This reminds me of a real life experience.

I have a good friend who use a high school degree instead of college degree to get a job. May be she have the same experience as kang dan i?

• Like 7

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Enjoy Romantic Date On “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by J. Lim
f7f6adbac687487cb1f17395e85fae1f.jpeg?s=

tvN’s weekend drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” has released new stills of Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk enjoying a sweet date together.

Ahead of the upcoming episode, new stills of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk) going on a date have been released.

Now that both have confirmed their love for each other, Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho have begun blossoming a romance between them. Though both were sure of how they felt about each other, Kang Dan Yi still held reservations at first because she was terrified that they would never be able to see each other again if they were to break up. However, Cha Eun Ho steadied her as he replied, “You should be thinking about staying together forever, why are you thinking about breaking up?”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307398wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-enjoy-romantic-date-on-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, avondale16 said:

Thank you.

My first thought was, oh she is evil. But i like your positivity.

If i can be more positive like you, the world is a better place for every one.

Again, thank you @bebebisous33.

Any analysis on this drama?

This reminds me of a real life experience.

I have a good friend who use a high school degree instead of college degree to get a job. May be she have the same experience as kang dan i?

actually ko is right.. Dani can be charged with fraud if someone finds out and raises an objection to it..

and they can't hire back immediately else how will they explain her degree..

Ko is a wonderful character. She stands for professional integrity which almost all in that office lack

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

actually ko is right.. Dani can be charged with fraud if someone finds out and raises an objection to it..

and they can't hire back immediately else how will they explain her degree..

Ko is a wonderful character. She stands for professional integrity which almost all in that office lack

What happen?

Is dani being fired yet? Next episode?

• Like 2

@enigmatic_zephy No, she can not be charged for fraud as she hasn't forged any document. She has a high school degree. She just hid that she has a college degree and even work experience. She lied but it was actually to her own disadvantage. Over-qualification is not a fraud... Not everyone with a college degree is able to find a job corresponding to the qualification. I know many people working at supermarket, although they went to college.    

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1