[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Hide contents

Cr: doradoradoradorawa

Reveal hidden contents

Cr: ryn-s

“I thought I’d be happy if I lived my life alone with nothing to tie me down. I wake up all alone in the morning and leave the house by myself. Even when I’m sad, I’m alone. When I’m sick, I’m all alone too. I always eat meals by myself. I have to do everything alone. I’m so sick and tired of it. Why on earth did I run away? I’ll become more successful.

I can some how relate to this topic...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 5

Hi everyone, I have not visited Soompi for quite some time. Nice to some familiar names here =)

The first half of the series has hooked me and I hope I do not lose interest in the course of the latter half.

I think what has drawn me so far is the 2 leading characters and how they are navigating the working world.

Like EH, I was employed at my first company for 10 years. I also aspire to have a part-time lecturing job - which EH does have on the show. However, life happened and I decided not to be stuck in my dead-end job. I took a leap of faith and recently resigned without another job lined up (3 months notice btw). And suddenly, I found my situation to be similar to that of DY's - in terms of the struggles of job-seeking. I am still sending out CVs and telling myself 'fighting! you can do it!'

I feel like EH will not be giving a straight 'I like you' answer to DY tonight. Most likely, he will skirt around the idea of fancying DY and see her reactions, test waters. Think this will be more aligned with his thoughts, considering his fear of losing a friend, should he confess before verifying that a serious relationship is possible.

Looking forward to tonight's episode!

3 hours ago, moomooz said:

Any live stream for this show ? 

Not that I know of. In Singapore, new episodes are available on Netflix at around midnight.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

EP 9 Impression ( Dan Yi and her feeling for Eunho change, and haerin's heart bleed twice today and the mysterious KBJ issue thicken)

Ep 9 open up to where it end last week. Eunho running away instead of answering danyi...he did answer later by denying ....then confess for real...before getting headbutt from danyi :lol: to get himself together....or herself actually. :smirk: THIS TWO NEED TO GET REAL, ASAP 

D0GgdEmVYAA3o85.jpg

Jiyul making another mistake and Haerin has to take the blame this time. Jiyul needs to get herself together or she will get fired in no time. countless mistake already.  :crazy: and it still doesn't register on her head that she can't do this work half-heartedly.

Eun Ho rejection letter to Haerin was very nice. he tried his best to reject her which will respect her love to him. Its cruel too because he made it sound so nice and actually making people love him more.  it' is going hard to move on. BUT!!!!!!!!!! no worries, it seem that both second lead has so much chemistry together, that they will mend each other heartbreak later, which is tomorrow, actually. It seem that Seo Jun has noticed that Dan Yi heart has open up to another person. :)

D0Ghd72UcAAQOKb.jpg

HOWEVER,that last scene. what happen to Eun Ho dad, which we've known as Author Kang Byeong Jun.  did he get so sick that he has to be tied up like that? Eun Ho cries :cry:

D0GiMhKUwAYdbOm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

woah. tonight’s episode starts to open up some question boxes. i fell in love with how DY define EH as a book.... writer-nim, thank you for such a beautiful episode!!!

ms. Go! finally we can see that smile of yours towards DY at the office. and to JY... im starting to dislike you sorry. 

my heart aches for both HR and EH. HR is too lovable and too strong. even when she’s hurting, she smiles throughout EH’s rejection. i can’t imagine what will happen to her when she finds out that DY is the one who’s living with EH. 

And EH... your sobs are very heart breaking and heart warming at the same time. (children who cries out for their parents somehow warms my heart, it tells me their genuine love for them y know. i know im weird.) I think his father is mentally ill because his hands and arms are tied up.

oh and one more thing, I’m hoping that HR and SJ ends up together! they have the same vision and their chemistry is daebak. go on a date! get married! and make books (babies)! :D

• Like 8

I seriously can't stand the "Mama's Girl" intern!:crazy: She's dumb as a ton of bricks, like how does she even function in other aspects of her daily life!? I know her character is used as comic relief but the character becomes annoying that it's unbearable to watch her scenes. She just knows to bawl like a baby and doesn't even know to do the slightest, most simplest task. At least with Dan-I, she takes the initiative, and she's so much older too:rolleyes::P 

Speaking of, I'm slowly gettin' tired of Dan-I bein' clueless to Eun-Ho's feelings. Eun-Ho's not any better by not being honest either. He was pretty direct with Hae-Rin though. She's much better off with Seo-Joon imo. 

Apart from these and other similar tropes, the drama does have bits of inspirational moments into life. Like how Dan-I felt she lost her identity when she was married, and through her work she finds purpose again etc. Also it sort of motivates me to pick up a book aha.  

• Like 7

Surely, tying up someone with a rope isn't the way to treat dementia. Actually, I can't think of a disease that needs such restraints, unless it was just an episodic act of violence.

Even for a lunatic or maniac, they would use a straitjacket (a la Hannibal Lecter). But using a rope seems so archaic and inhumane.???

• Like 6

I was on k-drama hiatus for more than a year so I can't compare this drama with recent ones.

But allow me to gush about how well the writing and editing and acting of episode 9 were. I will try to avoid giving out spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

1. The indirect/direct love confession of Eun-ho was  brilliant! With EH and DY's history and relationship, of course it would go that way!
2. I believe that Hae-rim and Seo-Joon's future relationship will have a solid foundation. Their bond will not come from heartbreak but for their love of books. They may end up as friends only or more, either way, I am fine with it.
3. DY unconsciouly bought a gift for EH. Right now, she probably has no idea why. But later, she will realize all her past actions were because of something more.
4. DY telling more about EH to SJ (without mentioning his name) and SJ's insights on DY's feelings at the udon resto was my favourite scene in this episode.
5. EH's rejection of HR's was a bit cowardly but not out of character. It took him 13 letters to do it but he finally did it. HR was right, how could you hate him though? My second favourite scene in this episode.

Other things that I liked in episode 9:
1. Ms Go's smile/smirk because of DY's accomplishment
2. Mr Bong's return to the office - it was nice to see him back
3. The office atmosphere. You will get scolded for a mistake but at the end of the day, you're still a team and the team will help you.
4. Hoon's interaction with DY in the elevator only showed how clueless DY when it comes to people dropping hints.
5. Lee Jong-suk's acting in the end scene - that boy, ugh!

I will probably watch the episode again once or twice while waiting for the new one. I don't want to raise questions and assumptions because I just want to enjoy watching everything unfold.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

i just wanna to enjoy this drama as it is, RIBB is a kind drama we should watch with heart content there's so many relationships,interaction and undisclosed story with all their weights, we couldn't measure, seems each person's linked in book's love destiny the truth behind each story might prevail what truly person they're  even Eun ho have his own painful story not yet been told.

• Like 4

Lee Na Young And Lee Jong Suk Pick Their Favorite Moments From “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by L. Kim
055185aa654947c2bf5d374881af19f8.jpeg?s=

With “Romance is a Bonus Book” spiraling towards its end, lead actors Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young took some time to answer questions and share their favorite parts from the drama.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is tvN’s weekend drama that tells the story of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young), an unemployed woman who finds work as a temporary employee at a publishing company, and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), the publishing company’s editor-in-chief. For a long time, they were just friends, but now, their relationship is blossoming into something more.

Their romance is slow but earnest, and deep emotions are even touching the hearts of viewers. Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk shared their thoughts on the key points and important scenes from the drama.

Lee Na Young said, “Kang Dan Yi finally got the hint about Cha Eun Ho’s feelings. Inescapable changes will come. As much as Cha Eun Ho loves Kang Dan Yi, Kang Dan Yi’s mind is complex and deep. The romance will get more exciting as her thoughts are revealed.”

Lee Jong Suk added, “As the love triangle goes on, each character’s defining traits will come to life.”

Not only is “Romance is a Bonus Book” a romantic story, but it also contains realistic situations in life that viewers can empathize with. Lee Na Young said, “Please see if Kang Dan Yi, who lied about her experiences and academic background, can survive the competition to the end.”

Cha Eun Ho is also at the center of writer Kang Byung Joon’s mystery. Lee Jong Suk commented, “The hidden relationship between writer Kang Byung Joon and the publishing company will be unfolded in an interesting way. Each characters’ distinct lives will be portrayed warmly, so please watch them with affection.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1305786wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-pick-their-favorite-moments-from-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 6

@Auntie Mame

I've personally lost my beloved mom like 2.5 months ago and she suffered from dementia.. Though oddly her mind is still quite sharp. 

Caring for a person suffering from mental illness can be consuming & I presume whoever used those archaic methods did so to prevent the man from harming himself & to keep him in place. Had he been placed in a proper facility for dementia patients, they wouldn't have to resort to such inhumane methods. 

Dementia is an illness that sadly has no cure. The human mind can be both beautiful but harmful at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2