[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

Lee Jong Suk talks about his plans to enlist this year + working with ideal type Lee Na Young

ljskjpg.jpg

Lee Jong Suk shared about military enlistment, co-starLee Na Young, and more. 

On January 21, the press conference for the new tvNdrama, 'Romance Is a Bonus Book,' took place at Imperial Palace Seoul.

To the question on his military enlistment, Lee Jong Suk replied, "I think I will be (enlisting) this year," and added, "So I will well complete this drama. I will show what the fans want to see through this drama. That's also why I chose romance comedy for the first time."

In the past, Lee Jong Suk has frequently named Lee Na Young as his ideal type. When asked about his co-star, Lee Jong Suk said, "I was hoping I won't get this question," and shyly continued, "Everyone at the sets knew (she's my ideal type) but I hoped no one will talk about it. I'm a successful fan. I'm very grateful."

The first episode of 'Romance Is a Bonus Book' is airing on January 26 at 9 pm KST. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/01/lee-jong-suk-talks-about-his-plans-to-enlist-this-year-working-with-ideal-type-lee-na-young

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

992DDC355C4896EF2E?original

https://twitter.com/jpgif_5959/status/1088112913607548928

9912693D5C4A074506?original

https://twitter.com/jpgif_5959/status/1088508099894235136

Romance Is A Bonus Book  - Cute Cha Eun Ho!:blush:

[KPOP HERALD VIDEO REPORT] 
Lee Jong Suk calls himself a 'successful fan' of Lee Na Young

2019.0.21 during the press conference for the upcoming tvN series "Romance Is A Bonus Book" Lee Jong Suk, who is a fan of Lee Na Young, was asked what it was like acting opposite his celebrity crush. 
Lee Jong Suk:

"It was not easy to act throughout the 16 episodes of complicated emotions and relationships.

But I had my own way to endure that.

Noona (Na Young) can you shut your ears for a moment?

I'm really her fan, so... I don't know what to say (moaning)...

I'm a successful fan!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 Reasons Weâll Be Watching âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Starring Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young

4 Reasons We’ll Be Watching “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Starring Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young

Jan 26, 2019
by R. Jun

tvN’s highly anticipated romantic comedy K-drama “Romance Is a Bonus Book,” starring Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young, is premiering tonight (January 26).

The drama takes place in the world of literature, and aside from the not-often-employed backdrop of book publishing, there is no shortage of reasons why viewers are looking forward to this drama.

Here are four reasons to tune in to “Romance Is a Bonus Book,” as revealed by the drama production staff.

Lee Na Young’s return to K-drama after 9 years

The fact that this is our first glimpse of Lee Na Young in K-dramaland after nine long years might be reason enough to watch this drama. Her return may not have been expected, but it’s more than welcome.

The actress said, “Kang Dan (the name of her character) is someone who stays positive and doesn’t give up on herself, even when times get tough. I want viewers to feel warmth from this character and be able to relate to her.”

Lee Jong Suk’s first romantic comedy

In addition, Lee Jong Suk, long-praised for his ability to bring characters to life, tackles his first romantic comedy with “Romance Is a Bonus Book.” The actor plays Eun Ho, a star writer and the youngest editor-in-chief ever to take office at his publishing company.

Lee Jong Suk described his character with affection, saying, “He’s a charming character that I want to be more like in real life.”

Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young’s chemistry

Kang Dan and Eun Ho are characters that have a special connection from their past, and their eventual realization of their feelings for each other will certainly stir romantic feelings in viewers.

The production of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” said, “Without missing a single look or line of dialogue, [Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young] are expertly building the emotions between their characters, and their unique chemistry adds so much to the drama.”

Heart-pounding romance and light-hearted relatability

“Romance Is a Bonus Book” tells the story of the people often overlooked, the names on the final page of a book. Having conducted thorough research of the book publishing world, writer Jung Hyun Jung brings to life vivid characters, whose struggles in the office will be moments all of us can relate to, all packaged into a light-hearted office comedy and romance.

The publishing company is a collection of characters in its own right: Kim Jae Min (Kim Tae Woo), the boss who rubber-bands between being a cool guy and a nagging old man; Go Yoo Sun (Kim Yoo Mi), a workaholic “ice witch”; Bong Ji Hong (Jo Han Chul), a veteran editor with a passionate heart; Seo Young Ah (Kim Sun Young), a realist working mom; and more.

“Romance Is a Bonus Book” airs on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST. While you’re waiting, check out the highlight video here.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1298587wpp/4-reasons-well-watching-romance-bonus-book-starring-lee-jong-suk-lee-na-young

• Like 3

1st impression:

I like it. first ep itself has taught me not to rely on hubby and stop working altogether after getting married. anything can happen in future. Dan Yi difficulty finding jobs after 7 years hit damn close to my heart. I'm at mid-20s and still struggling to find stable job. what more like her, a divorcee and out of job for for 7 years and then competing in the same over saturated market for those who just graduated :cold_sweat: . Harsh. 

i vaguely remember that the writer for this drama and INAR franchise really  on female lead centric. so im looking forward for lee nayoung portrayal as Dan Yi  and her interaction with the rest of the actresses in this drama.  she looks gorgeous for someone in her 40s. and her minimal make up in here totally realistic for 37 years old lady and divorcee.

Cha Eun Ho appearance for 1st ep is a bit minimal, but its not really a problem for now.

12778_0-68191500-1548524246_riabb-bpfbt.png 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1-8.gif?type=w966

[GIF & SCREEN CAPS, Ep.1]

ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK

Find more ->> https://blog.naver.com/yeowoo_byul2/221452031910

99351B485C4CB1770B?original

https://twitter.com/jpgif_5959/status/1089240638363553793

Attention to @Maetawinz

Please, update title from Upcoming to Ongoing drama ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK!

Thanks in advance!

9954533E5C4C9EC404?original

https://twitter.com/jpgif_5959/status/1089221146447306752

• Like 5

Caught the first episode and am loving how the story is set up already! Can’t wait to find out the backstory and what Dani and Eun Hi’s relationship has been like up to this point. It’s interesting that while they seem so close, she never told him about the divorce. Why is that? Pride? And what’s his relationship with her ex-husband?

• Like 5

For a very long time we have been waiting for the new drama of a glamorous couple.

Man is the most popular actor in Korean Drama industry.

Woman is a gorgeous and talented actress that is married to the most handsome Korean celebrity Won Bin.

Lee Jong Suk who had said that “My ideal girl is Lee Na Young” in an interview in May 2012, is now playing with that girl in the same drama.

37f7c84d4942ef6224b8e8d4064b3318c7d568c2r1-278-295v2_hq.jpg12424b4b89d830280466cd36bcb4fb955de64e1ar1-300-318v2_hq.jpg

We have just watched the first episode and it began with a pretty catchy tune actually. The screenwriter: Jung Hyun Jung is one of the rare contemporary & progressive creators in dramaland. It seems to me that she designed another piece that values women, that is far and away from being conservative. We will understand it better as the story unfolds more, but for now it is intriguing enough.

So, time for recap: what happened in the first episode?

A wedding that was taking place ten years ago...

A groom that looks as if not caring enough the bride...

A friend who seems closer to the girl rather than the boy...

A kind of hesitation, then the reconciliation and finally the wedlock...

01b3b048b450644e5ac6bddb3ec60d85e0e85b56r1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg
290ca330cd04ec56497300aa1f072cd034535c9er1-826-453v2_hq.jpg

Spoiler

ce601a996ba2c983e2e7d036db8c8fd2a0a1345br1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg
4b4b3bdc388732604aa632fd003d9b957074221br1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg

Now we are in 2019.

We see the woman that gone bankrupt. No house, no money, no career and plus no husband...

We learn that she has a daughter in a boarding school and she struggles to pay the fee.

Spoiler

a230d954ad97cefecdf52d34b70353d2cc507849r1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg
dc0177beae13ff3e02fc15162358e10f26db5d7fr1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg

She tries to survive. She fights for starting from scratch. She got divorced drom her cheating husband almost a year ago and it’s obvious that she couldn’t find a proper job due to the long pause she had given when she was married.

Spoiler

756dac00d836abf50001fd3b7dd043b91ec46c9ar1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg
78461ae5c8551ed00cce68364a99356c625bfdb6r1-1065-799v2_hq.jpg

Another info: she chooses not to share her current situation with anyone including the handsome friend that had helped her through hesitation moments on her wedding day. He doesn’t know but she works for him as his housekeeper while she is looking for a job suitable for herself.

He is a successful writer, an admired professor and a key chief editor in publishing business. We see that he has several affairs but not serious relationships.

Was he in love with his friend that got married years ago? Hasn’t he been over her yet?

After a very tough day that only Murphy’s Law has been effective, since she doesn’t have anywhere to stay she goes to her friend. And this time she tells about her situation but he seems unconvinced.

She is in a hurry. She has to build up a new life. A recruitment ad that she finds in her friend’s home looks her as an opportunity.

We know that she will be employed by the publishing house he works. However what will happen after that we have no idea. To learn the rest we should wait for the next episodes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I watched the first episode. I like it. It will be a sweet romance drama.

When I thought that I won`t meet another Sweet Potato aka Perfect Young Succesful Man liking A Not so Perfect Noona, Jung Hyun-Jung writer nim proves me wrong. :D OK, it is a fairytale and I will open that book.

I felt for the heroine. I even cried for her. She is divorced, has a daughter far away, no job, no house. Nobody wants to hire her because she is out of fashion. She was succesful seven years ago but that all her accomplishes don`t mean a thing now. The job market is so competitive. It is hard for recent  graduates or for older people to find jobs. It is hard for working moms too to keep their jobs. Now that her bad luck seams to be over, I am ready to see how she will write her own story from now one.

• Like 7