[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

More stills for Lee Jong Suk, Lee Na Young tvN rom-com Romance Is a Bonus Book

bonusboooks4.jpg

Couple stills of Lee Na-young (Runaway Plan B) and Lee Jong Suk (While You Were Sleeping) have just been released. They already look so cute for their new drama, Romance Is a Bonus Book, the tvN rom-com about a love story that unfolds at a publishing company.

Lee Na-young plays a has-been star copywriter who is just too overqualified to become employed. Lee Jong Suk plays a cultural icon, who has made a name for himself in the writing community as a prodigy. He’s also known Lee Na-young’s character for years, and to her, he’s that “familiar dongsaeng.” Hmm… this drama is giving me serious Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food vibes now.

There’s been a lot of talk about this drama because it’s Lee Na-young’s comeback from her nine-year hiatus. To me, her most memorable works have actually been her movies. I’d definitely recommend healing melo film Maundy Thursday or transgender comedy Lady Daddy, if you haven’t seen her before in anything.

Out of the many trendy actors of this generation, Lee Jong Suk seems like he would be a good match for her in her comeback project.

It’s happened multiple times (e.g. Pinocchio, W—Two Worlds), but I’ve seen that he has this ability to look as though he’s genuinely falling in love with his partners, and in the process, he lets us fall in love with the heroine alongside him.

Directed by Lee Jung-hyo (Life on Mars) and written by I Need Romance series writer Jung Hyun-jung, Romance Is a Bonus Book is set to air beginning January 26 on tvN.

bonusboooks1.jpg

bonusboooks3.jpg

Via SE Daily

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/more-stills-for-lee-jong-seok-lee-na-young-tvn-rom-com-romance-is-a-bonus-book/

• Like 4

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/more-stills-for-lee-jong-seok-lee-na-young-tvn-rom-com-romance-is-a-bonus-book/

More stills for Lee Jong-seok, Lee Na-young tvN rom-com Romance Is a Bonus Book

bonusboooks4.jpg

Couple stills of Lee Na-young (Runaway Plan B) and Lee Jong-seok (While You Were Sleeping) have just been released. They already look so cute for their new drama, Romance Is a Bonus Book

Lee Na-young plays a has-been star copywriter who is just too overqualified to become employed. Lee Jong-seok plays a cultural icon, who has made a name for himself in the writing community as a prodigy. He’s also known Lee Na-young’s character for years, and to her, he’s that “familiar dongsaeng.” Hmm… this drama is giving me serious Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food vibes now.

There’s been a lot of talk about this drama because it’s Lee Na-young’s comeback from her nine-year hiatus. To me, her most memorable works have actually been her movies. I’d definitely recommend healing melo film Maundy Thursday or transgender comedy Lady Daddy, if you haven’t seen her before in anything.

Out of the many trendy actors of this generation, Lee Jong-seok seems like he would be a good match for her in her comeback project. It’s happened multiple times (e.g. Pinocchio, W—Two Worlds), but I’ve seen that he has this ability to look as though he’s genuinely falling in love with his partners, and in the process, he lets us fall in love with the heroine alongside him.

Directed by Lee Jung-hyo (Life on Mars) and written by I Need Romance series writer Jung Hyun-jung, Romance Is a Bonus Book is set to air beginning January 26 on tvN.

bonusboooks1.jpg

bonusboooks3.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1291817wpp/watch-lee-jong-suk-lee-na-young-begin-love-story-romance-bonus-book-teaser

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Begin Their Love Story In “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Teaser

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Begin Their Love Story In âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Teaser

Upcoming tvN drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” has released a beautiful new teaser!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy centered around people in the publishing world. It will tell the story of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) who used to be one of the greatest copywriters but is currently struggling to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) who is a star writer and an idol of the literature world.

Continuing from the previously released individual character teasers, the newest clip shows Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young finally meeting one another.

Lee Jong Suk smiles as he spots Lee Na Young on the other side of the bookcase and watches her as she continues to walk down the aisle while looking at books. She waits for him at the end of the bookcase, and they smile as they stand facing each other.

Lee Jong Suk says, “And that’s how our new chapter began,” and Lee Na Young states the title of the drama followed by the premiere date.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will premiere on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1291839wpp/jung-yoo-jin-wi-ha-joon-create-sparks-tension-romance-bonus-book

Spoiler

Jung Yoo Jin And Wi Ha Joon Create Sparks And Tension In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Jung Yoo Jin And Wi Ha Joon Create Sparks And Tension In âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ

Viewers have been given a first look at the supporting roles in tvN’s “Romance is a Bonus Book.”

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about people who work in the publishing world. It will center around Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young), who used to be one of the greatest copywriters but is currently struggling to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk), who is a star writer and an idol of the literature world.

On January 13, the upcoming drama released stills of Jung Yoo Jin and Wi Ha Joon.

In the stills, Jung Yoo Jin has completely transformed into charismatic editor Song Hye Rin. Dressed in chic office wear, she gives viewers a glimpse at her character who is a perfectionist and doesn’t allow any mistakes.

Song Hye Rin is a third-year editor and the rising star of publishing company Gyeoru. Dubbed the “ice witch” for her cold personality and workaholic work ethic, Song Hye Rin has earned herself the title of “Gyeoru’s second witch” following Go Yoo Sun (played by Kim Yoo Mi).

Jung-Yoo-Jin2.jpg

Armed with beauty and confidence, Song Hye Rin is strong-willed at all times except when she is in front of Cha Eun Ho, making viewers wonder about the story behind her and Gyeoru’s youngest editor-in-chief.

Jung Yoo Jin has received love from viewers for her realistic and relatable acting in previous works including JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” and SBS’s “30 but 17.”

A source from the drama said, “Jung Yoo Jin’s unique liveliness is adding onto Song Hye Rin’s charms. She will work hard as a character who amplifies tension and ecitement between Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk.”

Jung-Yoo-Jin3.jpg

Wi Ha Joon will appear in “Romance is a Bonus Book” as a sweet guy named Ji Seo Joon who will steal women’s hearts.

In the stills, Ji Seo Joon looks handsome as he walks his dog and holds up his camera to snap a photo outdoors. He has the charms of a romantic, a sentimental gaze, and a heartwarming smile.

Ji Seo Joon is a freelance book designer who is known in the industry for his skills. He is kind to everyone but also knows how to make a point with straightforward statements and actions. He is pure but also has the determination to achieve whatever he sets his mind to. He will suddenly appear in front of Kang Dan Yi and stir up tension between Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho.

Wi-Ha-Joon3.jpg

Wi Ha Joon has grabbed the attention of many viewers through his past appearances in KBS 2TV’s “My Golden Life,” JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food,” and MBC’s “Matrimonial Chaos.”

A source from the drama stated, “Wi Ha Joon’s soft, simple charms match perfectly with Ji Seo Joon’s character. Wi Ha Joon, who has stood out in various dramas, will be able to definitely show his unique charms through ‘Romance is a Bonus Book.'”

Wi-Ha-Joon2.jpg

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will premiere on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Memories of the Alhambra.”

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3

Watch: âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Cast Gets Their Groove On In Fun New Teaser

Watch: “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Cast Gets Their Groove On In Fun New Teaser

Jan 13, 2019
by K. Lew

The cast of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” is full of wholesome vibes in a new teaser for the drama.

“Romance Is a Bonus Book” is about Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young), an unemployed copywriter who used to be one of the best in her field, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk), a famous celebrity writer and the editor-in-chief of a publishing company.

Unlike the previous teasers, the newest clip takes a more humorous approach to introducing the characters. In the teaser, the cast of the drama, including Lee Na Young, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Tae Woo, Wi Ha Joon, Kim Yoo Mi, Kim Sun Young, and more jam it out in a brightly lit library. They groove to the beat, exuding warm-hearted energy. When Lee Jong Suk appears, many of them get excited and jump all over him.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will air its first episode on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST.

Check out the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1291997wpp/watch-romance-bonus-book-cast-gets-groove-fun-new-teaser

• Like 4

Watch: Lee Jong Suk, Lee Na Young, And More Are All Smiles While Filming Teasers For âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ

Watch: Lee Jong Suk, Lee Na Young, And More Are All Smiles While Filming Teasers For “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Jan 16, 2019
by S. Park

tvN has released new videos for its upcoming drama “Romance is a Bonus Book”!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about people who work in the publishing world. It will tell the story of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) who was once one of the greatest copywriters but is currently struggling to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) who is regarded as a star writer and idol of the literary world.

On January 15, the network shared a making-of video of the cast filming the teasers as well as the full version of the dance teaser.

In the first video, Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk filmed a beautiful teaser in a brightly lit library. After being on opposite sides of the bookcase, the two leads stood face-to-face and smiled at one another. The actors, however, had a hard time containing their laughter when looking at each other.

The clip went on to show the whole cast on set for the second teaser where the actors showed off their moves. Lee Na Young tried her best to dance vibrantly in front of the camera. Jung Yoo Jin was full of shyness while Wi Ha Joon stayed true to the choreography. Kim Tae Woodisplayed his cute side, Kim Sun Young kept it charismatic and fun, and Kim Yoo Mi put an elegant twist to the moves.

Everyone got together to dance in-sync and pretended like nothing happened when Lee Jong Suk showed up before enthusiastically greeting him. Startled by his co-stars, he shouted, “Is this how it was supposed to go?”

Check out the full version of the teaser below!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will air its first episode on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1293773wpp/watch-lee-jong-suk-lee-na-young-smiles-filming-teasers-romance-bonus-book

• Like 4

[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk Blushes During Filming Because of Lee Na Young's Beauty

ê¸°ì¬ ëí ì´ë¯¸ì§:[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk Blushes During Filming Because of Lee Nayoungs Beauty

Korean actor Lee Jong Suk turned into an adorable fanboy in front of Lee Nayoung, his co-star and a woman of his dreams. On January 16, the production team of tvN's upcoming drama 'Romance Is a Bonus Book' dropped the video of Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young which contained the behind scenes of their filming site.

a3d090f5-5655-4d20-b7d5-053572e21f2f.png

In the video, the drama's two protagonists (Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young) and the supporting actors were focusing on filming the teasers of their drama.

But Lee Jong Suk who was filming his first encounter with Lee Na Young at the library could not stop laughing because he was too shy to look directly into her eyes and do as what the script says―smiling at her.

8a972b29-271e-4f9a-bba3-2591754e81a6.png

Then, Lee Nayoung tried to help him relax by slightly slapping him on the back as a joke.

After a few times, Lee Jong Suk finally managed to finish shooting without laughing but his ears turned all red out of shyness by the time the director said, "Cut!"

The public's expectation toward their upcoming drama has skyrocketed since the way Lee Jong Suk looked at and behaved in front of Lee Na Young was unbelievably cute and made them want to catch up with every episode.

Lee Nayoung & Lee Jong Suk

'Romance Is a Bonus Book' will cover the story between an ex-copywriter 'Kang Dan-e' (Lee Na Young) who used to be a hot shot back in the days and a genius writer 'Cha Eun-ho' (Lee Jong Suk) who also happens to be the youngest editor of all time. Meanwhile, the drama's first episode is scheduled to be aired on January 26.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005101337

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

New Trailer for Upcoming Lee Jong Suk Drama, Romance Is A Bonus Book
50309944_612429562525778_176594702719306

I’ve been on a bit of a drama-hiatus (suffering from major withdrawals, actually), as my family underwent the upheaval of an international move.  Now that I’m finally getting settled down, I’m SO ready to dive into some of the new dramas coming our way this month!  I just saw the most recent teaser for Romance Is A Bonus Book and my first thought was— What could be better than a drama about books and romance starring one of my top 10 actors, Lee Jong Suk? Answer: Absolutely nothing!

50932698_235193800750133_428473278407062

The story features Lee Jong Suk as Cha Eun Ho, a warm-hearted, genius writer and the youngest chief editor of his publishing company.  Completing the other half of the  OTP romance, is Lee Na Young as Kang Da Ni, a washed up copy-writer, who lies about her background in order to join the company.

My research didn’t turn up much about the actual plot, however.  The writer for this drama is Jung Hyun Jung, author of the I Need Romance series.  I’ve not seen any of those three dramas, but word has it from the other fangirls, that they were kind of hit and miss. 

I enjoyed the way they depicted the shifting of emotions similar to the changing of the seasons.  Perhaps this will be a more slow-paced story that allows us to focus on the relationship of our OTP and goes easy on the actual ‘drama’.  Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part!

What do you think drama fans, is Romance Is A Bonus Book talking to you, or are you planning to pass by and leave this drama on the shelf?

Romance Is A Bonus Book airs Saturday and Sunday, beginning Jan 26th, on TVN. 

화이팅!

~MiataMama

Dramas With a Side of Kimchi

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/01/17/new-trailer-for-upcoming-lee-jong-suk-drama-romance-is-a-bonus-book/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yasaman Asghari said:

Hi friends :) I am joining this new forum to heal my soul and trauma I suffered from MOA.  Who else is here to heal lol? :lol:

Me. I don't even feel like watching the final 2 episodes. Need some good romance to clear away the 'Memories' of precious hours of my life that I can't ever get back.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 10/15/2018 at 10:07 AM, ibru said:

Lee Na-young confirms drama comeback in Romance Is a Supplement

by stroopwafel

If Dramabeans had presses, I’d be yelling, “Stop the presses!” Lee Na-young (Beautiful Days, Runaway Plan B) has confirmed that she will star in tvN’s 2019 rom-com, Romance Is a Supplement. The drama will be Lee Na-young’s first in nine years. Lee Jong-seok (While You Were Sleeping, V.I.P.) will co-star, in what is likely to be his last project before serving his compulsory military service.

Lee Na-young will play Kang Dan-yi, a once-successful copywriter who reached soaring heights early in her career but, at the start of the drama, finds herself unemployed and overqualified for every job she applies for. Looking to make a fresh start in life and desperate for a job, she decides to hide her educational background. She masquerades as a high-school dropout and lands a job at Lee Jong-seok’s publishing company. Since this is a rom-com, there are sure to be romantic hijinks between Dan-yi and Cha Eun-ho (Lee Jong-seok’s character).

Lee Na-young has kept a notoriously low profile the past several years—to the point that I’m most familiar with her older films and coffee ads. Over the past decade, she’s only chosen to appear in a handful of acting roles so I’m curious and excited to see what it was about Romance Is a Supplementthat enticed her back to dramas. 

Romance Is a Supplement is set to premiere in the first half of next year with director Lee Jung-hyo (Life on Mars, The Good Wife) and writer Jung Hyun-jung (Five EnoughDiscovery of RomanceI Need Romance series) joining forces for the drama. The duo previously worked together on OnStyle’s Because It’s the First Time and tvN’s I Need Romance 2.

Via Korea Kyungje

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/lee-na-young-confirms-drama-comeback-in-romance-is-a-supplement/

Why I feel the actress looks so old?

• Like 1