[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

Hi all! Finally decided to post just because i love tonight's episode! Eun Ho unconcious drinking habit really hits me, i hope this drama ends good. Im really started to ship the main leads :kiss_wink:

My fav part of tonight's episode!!

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 6

Such long time found drama already subbed in early morning:love:. Nevertheless the LJS power, his core fans undoubtedly supports him and his project unconditionally..@Rania zaid...you're the best:glasses:

The storyline is more and more interesting, the sweetness in their "i don't care' relationship hurt me in laugh.

I think i get hooked now:blush: 

Just little bit awkward with the title :grin:

Romance bonus book..faighting!

• Like 5

DRAMA: Romance Is A Bonus Book Ep. 3

Original Article: [sports choseon] 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Jongsuk And Lee Nayoung Live Together ---> A More Affectionate Pair

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003376223

2019020301000120400006551_20190202223855569.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-02-02%2Bat%2B10.33.19%2BPM.png

1. +1308, -31 ㅠㅠ Whenever Eunho's drunk, he always goes to Dani's house... I felt that 
2. +442, -19 Dani Dani our Dani
3. +279, -17 The preview and the ending did everything, so heart-fluttering
4. +110, -4 In the end Eunho looks so pitiful when he goes to search for Dani whenever he's drunk ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Now let's all be happyㅜㅠㅠㅠ Anyway, seems like Dani's ex husband will finally meet Eunho tomorrow ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yay ㅋㅋㅋ
5. +90, -4 Seriously if it's to this extent, then it's safe to say that Lee Jongsuk is good at choosing dramas... His acting is good too... Seriously his gaze ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6. +77, -4 I'm melting because of Lee Jongsuk's voice and gaze...ㅠㅠ Eunho-yah..ㅠㅠ
7. +70, -1 It's been awhile since Lee Nayoung acted, but the drama is fun and her chemistry with Lee Jongsuk is so good
8. +70, -4 Hyunbin-ie left and Jongsuk-ie arrives. I like this~
9. +63, -2 Today was so heart-fluttering ^^ If only there was a close dongsaeng like Lee Jongsuk... There's none in real lifeㅠㅠ
10. +42, -1 Lee Nayoung's acting is good
11. +35, -1 Lee Jongsuk is so heart-fluttering.. Crazy I'm gonna die ㅋ

• Like 6

That's it I'm joining this thread. I'm hooked on this drama!

Episode 3 allowed viewers to get more glimpses of EH feelings for DI. It's like he doesn't even realise it himself, and that yearning and heart-ache he feels for DI is definitely not donsaeng/noona relationship. I feel that he was been so used to having DI by his side that he doesn't realise that he fell in love with her.

Did you guys notice how nonchalant he is to other girls, specifically he is to his ex-girlfriend. His comment that he doesn't believe in love because of DI still perplex me. He doesn't believe in love because he can't believe DI couldn't see what an richard simmons her ex-husband was.

Also I literally have been skipping the ending credits without realising that there's cute diary entries from DH and DI! 

• Like 6

The ending was seriously so heart fluttering. But it's also so unreal haha. K-dramas seem to be stepping up the game of selling the romance and the fantasy of having a hot dongsaeng pining after the female for years despite the fact that she's been married for yrs and having a daughter in middle school. Oh and now she's divorced and on the market again. :phew::w00t: But what can I say? I'll keep watching it and swoon over Eun-ho.

The boss woman did good with not confirming the copy was hers. I think she's trying to teach Dan-i a lesson as she can see that the latter doesn't have any experience. At this point, being acknowledged will only make her the target of jealous colleagues. The boss seems to have good heart though she appears to be cold. 

And Song Hae-rin is actually awesome!! I love the girl! Sh'e's absolutely competent, smart and a nice girl. She looks very cute with LJS in their scene today too. But we know she's not gonna get the boy :( so yeah. I just hope she remains awesome til the end. 

Finally, the CEO was really funny :D:D. He made me Lol so much!

• Like 5

ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK, PREVIEW EP.4  (30 sec)

ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK OST PART 1 BY JANNABI 'I can't see the story'

PREMIERE TONIGHT 2019.02.03 AT 06:00 PM KST on tvN

Spoiler

Romance is a Bonus Ep 3 (Eng Sub) Lee Jong Suk Face turns red 

Romance is a Bonus Ep 3 (Eng Sub) The way Lee Jong Suk Laugh

More clips with ENG SUB on YT Channel  -->>Baba Yaga 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZQuXUznh4FPt_MbrDd5w2A/playlists

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ep : 03

As expected it was good episode…I am glad that my first drama of 2019 & its not disappointing me…

EunHo surprised me with his reaction on finding out that she was staying with him…. I thought he wud be angry or might have argument about it…. Somewhere like DanYi  I also thought he will kick her out ….but EunHo genuinely cares for DanYi…loved how he helped her & was always around to help her on first day…& also at home he got her room ready…

I am liking DanYi how she is strong woman mentally emotionally…& stands strong against everything…she is not a damsel in distress as she understands “crying doesn’t solves anything”….& even at workplace she knows how to take care of things herself…inspite of having EunHo as advantage…she never tried to use him for benefit…he himself had been eager & helpful towards her… their banter has unmissable charm…how she literally makes him go red…whenever she teases him…
Drunk EunHo going home after drinking at home initially was hilarious…but he had a reason behind it.
Somewhere heart goes out on EunHo how he has been head over heels in love with DanYi since long but he is not loved back…infact she isn’t aware of it even…His love is pure & deep, but its sad to see he isn’t loved back…hopefully in coming episodes he gonna be loved back…till then this silent one sided love gonna be enjoyable to watch….it will be interesting to see how these two will come together….

First day had been tough for her…& felt sorry for her too, she worked so hard for perfect blurb…but she wasn’t given any credit…nor any support too…Hope things get better for her at workplace…

CEO o f publication house is hilarious…he is an interesting character…as for second lead, I am curious to see how exactly he gonna be involved in EunHo-DanYi lives…

I am pretty impressed by the theme of the drama, its not just another romantic drama but it explores the situation of “Divorced women” how they cope up & how exactly society treats them…How hard it gets for them, as Single mothers they are left to their own while the men merrily skip off with another woman like it happens with DanYi…

Overall, I am enjoying the drama so far even when  I am not a fan of both leads, though have seen Lee Jung Suk earlier works so like always he leaves me impressed…&  he is upto expectations & doing justice the character…but for Lee Na-young its my first time…she is doing good job as DanYi…

Looking forward to next episode!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

EP 4 Impression (in we confirm about Cha Eun Ho real feeling and where it started)

So after the drunken Eun Ho return home from his short journey to Dan Yi old house, we open at coming of age Eun Ho memories. Dan Yi the dork trying to teach how to take to drink alcohol yet beaten by Eun Ho who seems to know more for someone who just reach 18 :joy:. this where the moment Eun Ho started to notice a slight discomfort when starring at lipstick stain lips Dan Yi.  Eun Ho coming of age ceremony also turn out to be stress reliever night for Dan Yi who has been harassed by her client before. such a cute scene for this two. 

We come back to present to Eun Ho nagged by Dan Yi for his short escape. when she asked where he went,  he just uncomfortably said he went to someone he likes place. which is DAN YI!!:wub: oh, your poor puppy :wub:

Today, eun ho discover that Dan Yi ex has been  lying on his whereabouts. Eun Ho didnt waste anytime giving that guy taste of his own medicine. and force Dong Min to paid his alimony to Dan Yi. now this part, i don't think Dan Yi will appreciate Eun Ho interference, eventho that money will be rightfully hers and her daughter living expenses later. I just that she won't get too upset when she found out. 

Ji Seo Jun first meeting with Eun Ho and Kim Jae Min doesn't go well as expected.  Ji Seo Jun just like anybody in industry are curious about the disappearance of author Kang Byeong Jun who gave all of his books copyrights to newly founded Gyeoroo. it ticks Eun Ho off and almost get physical. 

Kang Byeong Jun authornim right now has been 60% confirmed as Dan Yi' late father who died from cancer. he probably trust Eun Ho to protect his legacy and has the earning from his books to be donated to charity.  it's an open secret between Jae Min and Eun Ho only. The question is, does Dan Yi know about this deal? 

Dan Yi continuously show her strong minded personality. She stand up to herself when Miss Go giving excuses why she took Dan YI idea. awesome scene ,btw. :thumbsup: Dan Yi also getting support from Mrs Seo who admired Dan Yi for trying to learn about marketing. i think you've met a great mentor, Dan Yi-ahh!!:love:

best scene tonight

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

With Episode 4 we have more character and plot development. Also the time transitioning of the scenes between past and present is really well done! I did not feel disorientated when they were doing mini-flashbacks of scenes of certain place. 

I like SJ and DI relationship, it's very casual and lovely! They seem to meet each other in just the right time and place. It almost seems fated, however I'm rooting for EH and DI to be together. 

I know EH is fully in love with DI, however I wonder what would be the catalyst for him to tell her that. Maybe when he finds out about DI and SJ relationship? 

In terms of ploy development we find out more about Kang Byeong-jun and why he is important to Gyeoroo Publishing. The tense/awkward scene between SJ (who was a complete donkey in that scene, but I feel like he is connected to to him), EH and the President. I wonder what SJ meant by the rumour that Kang was locked up by Gyeoroo after attaining publishing rights?

The snippets of diary entry at the credits is becoming one of my favourite parts. It really makes me feel like I'm finding out the inner feelings of my character, more-so than what I'm seeing in the episode.

Spoiler

EH:

There are those nights.

Those nights where I wish she knows

How I feel without having to tell her

DI:

We are like books.

We wait for someone to find us and open us to see what's inside.

EH:

I froze.

I was nervous she might feel my hand shake when I wiped her mouth.

EH:

One cold day, I suddenly realised that I've been in love with Dan-i for a while. 

DI:

I learn about people at this company

In the end, no one can live without people

EH:

"Where the Girl I like lives" I answered.

I was afraid she might see me through.

EH:

Some secrets can't be unheard

And you wish to go back to when you didn't know 

• Like 9

The last scene felt a bit dangerous.. I was holding my breath like Eunho- what are you gonna do? Are you going to confess?  what's with the vibe?.. 

Turned out that apparently the tension was purposeful, as in the snippets for that scene, it was something like this:
"instead of saying I love you, I said the moon was beautiful. I wanted to ask " what kind of person am I to you?", but instead I asked her to sing for me. There are such nights when I want to come to her and still hide my feelings, when I want her to know my feelings without me saying it". :wub:

• Like 8

I cannot be more in love with this show! Just finished watching this past weekend's installments, and I already have so many favourite moments.

Sharing @lynne22's sentiments, while I know Kang Dani has had a difficult marriage, my heart is melting and weeping for our dear Cha Eunho instead who seems to have that creative personality -- a sensitive soul that he tries to mask with a tough exterior, probably because the Noona he so looks up to has a bright and optimistic nature and he might well be unwilling to put a damper to that inherently happy personality.

More flashbacks and comfortable talk of shared histories give us a clearer understanding of the relationship between Dani and Eunho through his eyes. He's very much enamoured of her, the older sister who has always sought in her own ways to protect and care for him, offering to "educate" him on the ways of the world (though he clearly knew more about drinking that she did), getting her family to help him regain his inheritance after his mother's passing, and spending whatever little she had on him because it made her happy to do so. Likewise, he in his own way does whatever he can for her, having earlier bought her new clothes (and pretending to be disinterested in the process), asking tenants at his spare apartment to move out for her sake and remodelling an entire room for her. I do wonder if her marriage in part broke down because Hongmin felt threatened by and jealous of Eunho all these years - the younger non-blood related brother who was more able to provide for Dani than he. 

Eunho clearly is in love with Dani, but at this point, I doubt Dani even realises that Eunho has grown up and is very much an eligible suitor. She mothers him, reminding him of the "lights" and "slippers", and how quickly he responds to her instructions! She jokes openly with him about sex and is absolutely comfortable with him -- which he likes, though it embarrasses him at times, but he wants exactly to be that one person in her life who knows her best. He wants to be that one person who will be enough for her. Alas, she still does not think of him as being the one who will complete her. 

And the subplot of the mysterious Kang Byeongjun. Definitely got my interest piqued. Who is he and why is Eunho willing to go through the burden of keeping his whereabouts a secret? Any relation to Kang Dani? If he is Dani's late father, then this "signing off rights" over to Gyeoroo must have happened a long time ago because we know that Dani's father passed on not long before her marriage to Dongmin, and her daughter is now 11. So that would have at least been 12 years ago now when Eunho was only 20 and just came of age. He was only discovered by Kim Jaemin (love him, by the way! He's eccentric! I like!) in his varsity days. Does the Math add up? On top of that, Dani seems unaware of this. Well... 

While I'm totally on this ride because of Lee Jongsuk, and his chemistry with Lee Nayoung is on point perfect (as it always is with whoever his co-star is), I am waiting to see if Kang Dani's character could be fleshed out a bit more. At this point, there aren't many curiosities left to uncover in her - she's quite an open book (all pun intended) and there seems very little left to her except the awakening of her inner likes for Eunho. Everything about the character seems typical - typical housewife whose life turned into a wreck thanks to a worthless, cheating husband that left her penniless and needing to raise their child as a single mother. Is that all there is to tell of middle-aged Korean women? I guess not, considering this is a straightforward rom-com. But what would make her even entertain thoughts of Eunho being more than a kid brother? I'd be disappointed if she would entertain thoughts of Ji Seojoon before even feeling conflicted about Eunho. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Gaze Romantically At Each Other In âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Gaze Romantically At Each Other In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Feb 3, 2019
by sala12

“Romance is a Bonus Book” has released new stills of Le Na Young and Lee Jong Suk!

tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young), an unemployed woman who ends up working as a temporary employee at a publishing company, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk), the publishing company’s editor-in-chief.

Spoiler

In the last episode, Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho decided to temporarily live together, and the episode showed Kang Dan Yi adjusting to her new job at the publishing company. The viewers sympathized with Kang Dan Yi who worked endlessly to get her job done. Unfortunately, she got her work stolen by Go Yoo Sun (played by Kim Yoo Mi) at the end. However, Kang Dan Yi was happy to simply hear her name being called at work.

Meanwhile, Cha Eun Ho did his best to help and support Kang Dan Yi when he could without going too far. At the end of the episode, Cha Eun Ho finally revealed his long time feelings for Kang Dan Yi. Cha Eun Ho, who has a habit of going to Kang Dan Yi’s old house when he’s drunk, ended up hugging Kang Dan Yi who was waiting for him at his house.

Lee-Jong-Suk-Lee-Na-Young-1.jpg

The released stills show the heart-fluttering romantic chemistry between Cha Eun Ho and Kang Dan Yi. Sitting together under the moonlight, viewers can easily see Cha Eun Ho and Kang Dan Yi’s warm and caring feelings for each other. Even while looking in the same direction, they can’t help but keep turning around to look at each other; the two are closer to each other than with anyone else. Cha Eun Ho, who has looked out from Kang Dan Yi from afar until now, is slowly starting to show his growing feelings with his sweet gaze. Viewers are curious to find out if their romance will come to shine as brightly as the blazing street lights.

In the upcoming episode, Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho are expected to make hearts flutter with scenes from their everyday lives. Song Hye Rin (played by Jung Yoo Jin), who only has eyes for Cha Eun Ho, and Ji Seo Joon (played by Wi Ha Joon), who is a strange but sweet guy, will make an appearance, shaking things up and adding tension to the romance. The office comedy is expected to continue at the publishing company where not a single day goes by in peace.

The production team of “Romance is a Bonus Book” shared, “Kang Dan Yi and Cha Eun Ho, who have kept a distance from each other, are slowly starting to realize their feelings. The process in which the two fall in love will be unlike any other romance with its deep emotions and relatability.”

“Romance is a Bonus Book” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 6

p2MLLqN.jpg

I am loving how with each episode this drama is getting sweeter & different than usual romantic dramas specially the fact that “main lead” is a long term silent lover, generally in Kdramas, second lead is long time lover & main lead comes & wooes over the girl…The role reversal is the charm….Its beautiful when on many occasions EunHo looks at DanYi, with so much love…its adorable…Sometimes I wonder, why DanYi didn’t catch that look in his eyes…
1O9jtpj.jpg
DanYi giving drinking lessons to EunHo was hilarious…she herself was getting confused…but for sure, EunHo enjoyed the class…& drinking glasses over glasses…but DanYi got drunk more than him…
So love the banter of EunHo-DanYi, specially love the scenes where DanYi casually talks about “hot stuff” & EunHo gets all red embarrassed….even when she told him “she had ramyeon with friend”….

7kcct2K.jpg

Glad to see DanYi settling well at workplace, if she getting to face tough times, she has earned support for her as well…& how she dealt with the lady who stole her blurb….Mr Kim, is a gem of person…I like how he is a cheerful & happy character …he really adores the work he does & treasures EunHo from very beginning…& completely agree with him LJS does have a face you can never get tired of…

Spoiler

HiWDL7x.jpg

Spoiler

nHSjErC.jpg

The subtle touch of mystery  as a subplot abt missing writer adds on to the interest in the story…makes us curious, Who he is, what exactly happened to him…& how important he is for EunHo, that he is willing  to carry on his burden of keeping everything a secret, whatever he knows….but more than anything its intriguing how Mr Umbrella related to it , wud be interesting to find out…I really wonder, if Mr designer himself locked the missing writer behind that digital lock door…considering he was repeatedly asking EunHo “if he locked the missing writer”….

For sure this sub plot gonna be a deciding factor & will bring up the twist in EunHo & DanYi lives when they start off the romantic relationship & second lead will use it to the advantage…
No wonder EunHo needs the assurance from DanYi, that he expects trust in him whenever situation arises…

EunHo dealing with DongMin was so required ….He deserved that punches for making it difficult for DanYi…hope ex husband sticks to what he promised about alimony & sending child support…

DanYi & Mr Umbrella, their bond is precious …He is cute & sweet in his gestures & their scenes together do have chemistry…wud have shipped for these two….only if, I wasn’t shipping for EunHo & DanYi, guy has loved DanYi since long…want him to have a happy end to his love story….he looked too adorable twirling around and singing 'Until the end, it's me, until the end, it's me'…
Waiting for the moment DanYi falls for him…& how their romance gonna begin…& hoping even then, DanYi will not stop teasing EunHo,  I so love him watching go all red ...

Spoiler

URGgXFf.png

Looking forward to next episode!!!

Before I forget to mention, I love the written text at ending of each episode …they are simply Love!!!Its leave you smiling & all mushy mushy in heart!!!

Spoiler

BUsl5dt.jpg

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1