[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

I'm absolutely enjoying this and only 2 episodes have played so far! I already can't wait for next week's installment. I'm loving the pacing of the show - all within 2 episodes, and we already start to see complexities in their relationship which I can't wait to see get resolved.

On Cha Eun-ho

In the first episode, we are given to believe that Eunho is a bit of a player and he can't hold down a serious relationship. By the second however, I begin to wonder if that's just a facade because he's not quite aware yet of his feelings for Dani, or that he exactly doesn't want to let on that he has been in love with her all this while and so distracts himself and everyone else with fleeting relationships.

So far, we've only met 2 of his exes - the one who is going to marry someone else, and the other who turned out to be lesbian. Neither seemed to have developed deep relationships with him. He's still friends with Nagyeong and considering that Dani knows her, the relationship must have lasted quite a while, though what it looks like is that what they truly developed was a friendship. Perhaps both were exploring and realised that well, she wasn't into guys and he... isn't into anyone else except Dani. And then with the second one who dumped him -- it looks like he wasn't even attentive by a longshot. 

And then we learn, the red bra isn't hers! It belongs to Song Haerin! Now that was a quick surprise to things! They don't look remotely romantic in their exchanges with each other. So what gives? Sounds like she was using his washing machine, but why? Fact that he said it so openly probably also means nothing though, but I'd like to know how close these 2 are for her to be using his washing machine.

Finally, his remark at the start of episode 2 - "Something that I don't know about must be happening to Dani." So why is that? If they have been so close for so long, why did she not tell him about her problems? Embarrassment? Or that she didn't want him to save her marriage like he did the first time when she walked away from the altar? 

On Kang Dani

Her character (for now) seems far less complex, though the one thing I'm really curious about is that she was a middle school bully. But something changed in her. Was it her relationship with Eunho in those early years? They both reference their friendship as something to be treasured in their personal histories.

What I also find interesting is how she lets Eunho yell at her. I can't tell yet who has the greater influence in this relationship. Is it emotionally equal? Or do women lose their social standing once they get married, have kids and are off the market, but socially and economically? 

And her kid - doesn't she seem too little to be at boarding? Ah well, not an important factor I guess.

Can't wait for episode 3!

@kokodus @stargazer187 @lynne22

• Like 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

On the abs thread? Never. Whenever someone summoned me I covered my eyes and ran out as quickly as I can. :D 

Why would you cover your eyes and run out though?!? Are you shy or something?!? Pffft. Hahahaha. 

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

Why would you cover your eyes and run out though?!? Are you shy or something?!? Pffft. Hahahaha. 

The pictures weren't the problem. :P But all these swooling ahju...noonas were hard to handle. I always had the fear to slip. :D 

I am honestly fed up with all these Noona Donseng dramas but seriously Only Lee Jong Suk can let me enjoy them ! Like literally I can’t believe it myself! He is my only Korean actor whom has never disappointed me on his acting or his drama picks! He knows how to choose & definitely he is a good actor whom I am gonna miss so much upon his enlistment  :bawling:

For Lee Na Young , It’s my first time to watch a series for her, before used to watch few episodes or scenes from her works because I got curious of her outstanding profile on the Korean entertainment industry other than the fact of her marriage to Won Bin ! She is surely a talented actress & I am glad she is back to the drama land :D I am all rooting to this Noona from no where :ph34r:^_^

I have liked the drama so far specially the atmosphere at work & the cast , so even if it’s expected kind of story but still it’s so enjoyable to me because I love this kind of team work :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally watched the first 2 episodes and so far, I love it. Already love the publishing company team especially the boss :joy: and the new recruits too.

For a while I was a bit confused about where she lives. Is she in Eun ho house but why he had no idea about it or is she living in sauna. Hahaha. Fortunately, the last scene of ep 2 gave me the answer.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, wangnyeo said:

I am honestly fed up with all these Noona Donseng dramas but seriously Only Lee Jong Suk can let me enjoy them ! Like literally I can’t believe it myself! He is my only Korean actor whom has never disappointed me on his acting or his drama picks! He knows how to choose & definitely he is a good actor whom I am gonna miss so much upon his enlistment  :bawling:

For Lee Na Young , It’s my first time to watch a series for her, before used to watch few episodes or scenes from her works because I got curious of her outstanding profile on the Korean entertainment industry other than the fact of her marriage to Won Bin ! She is surely a talented actress & I am glad she is back to the drama land :D I am all rooting to this Noona from no where :ph34r:^_^

I have liked the drama so far specially the atmosphere at work & the cast , so even if it’s expected kind of story but still it’s so enjoyable to me because I love this kind of team work :wub:

12 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

@wangnyeo. I feel the same. Amazing how LJS can transform a story that seems mediocre into something interesting... Haha. He's a good actor no doubt. Have watched all his works since I Hear Your Voice, which was also a noona dongsaeng drama. this drama reminds me of that classic.. yet with a different feel. 

@wangnyeo @blackberrypie Pre-Kdrama I wasnt a fan of noona dongsaeng relationships either, but after watching Kdramas for a while I've come to accept even in dramas where they dont really highlight the age difference, the women are often older than the males....I feel like there's usually two categories of male leads either the really young ones or the older mature ones...and they usually pair the older mature ones with really young female leads....

now I'm so used to it I just overlook it and enjoy the dramas...I wonder if its common in korea for women to date younger men...

• Like 4

I watched only one movie of Lee Na Young ' Howling' with Song Kang Ho

she didn't give so much feelings for me

but I fell for her in this drama; so touching as Dan-i

I wait for the romance between her and LJS !

when will WE come ???????

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

I wonder if its common in korea for women to date younger men...

its quite common i think. Eli from idol group  U-Kiss married an older women . Ham So Won , former Miss Korea 1997 (she's in her 40s)  married a 24 years old man last year. 

And its not even happen in Korea. plenty of people in my country also like that. it happen around the world, just not really highlighted like kdrama has done. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, faithinme lara said:

its quite common i think. Eli from idol group  U-Kiss married an older women . Ham So Won , former Miss Korea 1997 (she's in her 40s)  married a 24 years old man last year. 

And its not even happen in Korea. plenty of people in my country also like that. it happen around the world, just not really highlighted like kdrama has done. 

@faithinme laraYes of course I know it happens all over the world, One of my best friend, her mother is older than her father...but in most countries it's few cases and not very common and I live in Europe and have lived in the US as well....

for instance the case that you mentioned of Miss Korea 1997 would be very rare where I'm from and it would be something highlighted in the news...

• Like 3