[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

2nd ep impression: (today main focus is Cha Eun Ho!! )

Cha Eun Ho is not a playboy per se, but he did have a lot short lived relationship. today interesting tidbit is that he dated a bisexual woman who cheated him with another woman.:joy: yet they continue becoming friends. me likey. :wub:. he has knack on making friends in such a  interesting way. case in point, his boss and dan yi

we found out today about his relationship with his current bos.  so, he become the youngest chief editor with a company built from the scratch. his boss, Kim Jae Min ways of recruiting him makes me :w00t:. . and to see how a company buiilt with only 2 person growth into such a great publishing company cant be more satisfying :wub:

and his relationship with Kang Dan Yi also unique. she's actually his knight in shining armor, or rather in her school uniform. from a boy who love soccer(yet zero understanding on the rules of the game :joy:) became her errand boy just to pay his gratitude for saving his life and become her most  treasure person in her life.

Kang Dan Yi continue playing hide and seek with Cha Eun Ho in his own house. the weird co-habitation hijink really making me lol. and i love how he caught her red handed in the last scene. :joy:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

haha thanks for sharing @ibru I was watching this scene and I just started laughing because it made me think of the ab's gang, where are you all at?@supergal99 @sushilicious @Ameera Ali @staygold @Sar

I started watching this drama without so much of background info except, being here for LJS...   So far I love it and I can totally relate to the female lead...because I've been in her situa

I have a confession to make.  I have something rather embarrassing to share with friends and former colleagues but I can SOOOOO relate to Kang Dan Yi .  I am in the exact same situation.   I have a ma

After watching 2 eps, I love this drama;

even iy's just the beginning but I feel the chemistry will be good between LJS é NY

She's really beautiful naturally so why Won Bin fell down hahaha !

so sorry but this one is better than Encounter

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I started watching this drama without so much of background info except, being here for LJS...

So far I love it and I can totally relate to the female lead...because I've been in her situation...when I left my Husband because he had been cheating among other reasons... I had been home for a few years after graduating because I had our son soon after I graduated, when my son started school it became hard for me to find a job and I had to do a part time job in retail as well as cleaning, although I had 2 degrees, I actually had to downgrade my CV to get these jobs just to make ends meet,  it took me 4 years to find a full time professional job and when I finally found a full time professional job, all my colleagues were in their mid to late 20s and all my bosses are younger than me...I turn 36 this year...

I could also relate with her struggle of not having enough money and having to provide....I actually started watching Kdrama as an escape from my RL which had become so overwhelming...it's really hard in the work force for women, if you take time off to be with the kids you struggle with playing catch up with your career and if you try to do both of course its hard to juggle both..to all the mothers and esp all the single mothers out there HWAITING

side note: I already have second lead syndrome :scream:

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Lee Jong Suk Transforms Into A Piano-Playing Gentleman For âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ

Lee Jong Suk Transforms Into A Piano-Playing Gentleman For “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Jan 27, 2019
by K. Lew

Lee Jong Suk has fans’ hearts fluttering in new photos from “Romance is a Bonus Book”!

On January 27, the actor shared photos from the drama on his Instagram, commenting, “Hehehehehe.” In the photos, he wears a clean-cut suit and plays on a white grand piano outdoors, surrounded by bouquets of flowers.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young), an unemployed woman who ends up working as a temporary employee at a publishing company and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk), the publishing company’s editor-in-chief.

The drama premiered on January 26 and is set to air every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299113wpp/lee-jong-suk-transforms-piano-playing-gentleman-romance-bonus-book

• Like 5

International Community Drama Support Project -

Snack and Coffee Truck to Romance Is A Supplement Filming.

~withJS Philippines
~JShine Lee Jong Suk Fans Club
~withJS Malaysia
~withJS Indonesia
~withJS Myanmar
~Lee Jong Suk Fans Club Indonesia
~いじょんそく- CLUBJ 드림

Reposted from @lee_deuk_kyu

• Like 4

DRAMA: Romance Is A Bonus Book Ep. 2

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Nayoung Gets Accepted In Lee Jongsuk's Publishing Office... Tears Of Joy

0000469859_001_20190127214614109.jpg?type=w430_q70

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-27%2Bat%2B8.57.26%2BPM.png
1. +841, -41 Oh... I really like this ㅎㅎ It's fun. I really like Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung is really pretty.
2. +261, -23 Lee Nayoung is so cute
3. +211, -13 It's fun! I've decided to watch you during the weekend! ㅋ
4. +187, -18 It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. +97, -5 The first episode was a little too much, but today was fun. When you're young you just naturally know what a relationship is.
6. +84, -12 Lee Nayoung's comeback is a success!
7. +61, -12 It's getting funner ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Nayoung and Lee Jongsuk's chemistry and visuals are daebak
8. +36, -4 Lee Jongsuk is cool and Lee Nayoung is cute ㅋㅋㅋ They match well 
9. +32, -3 Lee Jongsuk is so handsome
10. +29, -2 It was so so fun for me ㅎㅎ
11. +18, -3 Today was fun, Lee Jongsuk's handsome

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Nayoung, Stays At Lee Jongsuk's House

0000469861_001_20190127224556304.jpg?type=w540

0000469861_002_20190127224556391.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-27%2Bat%2B9.05.54%2BPM.png

1. +252, -10 I like that I finally get to watch a non-makjang drama. Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung match much better than I expected. The drama was so fun today.
2. +123, -6 It's a guarantee that it's fun when you have Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung together. When will next week come
3. +51, -3 Freaking fun : But I have to wait for a week again ㅠㅠ
4. +27, -0 Today was a party of Lee Jongsuk's visuals ㅋㅋ It was so fun when Lee Nayoung hid and lived in Lee Jongsuk's house. As expected it's more fun when these two are together
5. +9, -0 I'd like to have a dongsaeng like Cha Eunho too. How am I supposed to wait for a week
  • Like 3

Southeast Asian fans and sweethearts
Thank you cheer 
# I will try hard _ I will shoot # You are _ the actor _ pride 

International Community Drama Support Project -

Snack and Coffee Truck to Romance Is A Supplement Filming Location

~withJS Philippines
~JShine Lee Jong Suk Fans Club
~withJS Malaysia
~withJS Indonesia
~withJS Myanmar
~Lee Jong Suk Fans Club Indonesia
~いじょんそく- CLUBJ 드림

• Like 3

How Does Romance Is A Bonus Book Compare To Younger?

Joan MacDonaldContributor

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjoanmacdonald%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F01%2Fromance-1.jpg

The Korean remake of Younger has many similarities but also some significant differences.

Translating the TV Land hit Younger, which stars Sutton Foster, Nico Tortorella, Hilary Duff, and Debi Mazar, into a Korean drama was never going to be simple, but that’s the task taken on by the new drama Romance Is A Bonus Book, starring Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young.

The original comedy-drama was created and produced by Darren Starr and is based on the novel Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran. The k-drama version is produced by Studio Dragon for the Korean television station tvN and features Lee Na Young’s first drama appearance in nine years.

So, how does it compare? Some plot alterations have taken place to appeal to a Korean audience, but it remains a winning story. Spoilers ahead:

The first hurdle a Korean version has to overcome is the fact that Foster’s character Lisa lies about her age. It’s a lot harder to avoid talking about your age in Korea since so much of the way people relate to each other or even speak to each other is based on their relative age. What’s different is that instead of lying about her age, Lee Na Young’s character Kang Dan Bi has to lie about her education and experience, ditching accomplishments rather than years. What’s the same is that both women took time off from their careers to raise a child and that works against them when they apply for a job.

What’s similar to both stories is that the main character lost her home due to her husband’s shortcomings. And in both cases, the financially insecure single mom has a daughter who attends an expensive school. Both women are desperate for a job. What’s different is that Foster’s character has a quirky artist friend who is prepared to share her loft in trendy Williamsburg. Lee Na Young's character has friends but no one offers her a couch, so she is secretly living in Lee Jong Suk’s house. It’s a classic k-drama trope that a man and woman are forced to live together before they find out how well they fit together.

Both women work for a publishing company. In Younger, Foster’s character Lisa wears a fun collection of funky secondhand clothes to her job. That might not work in a Korean office, so a fairy godmother of sorts gets her counterpart some designer clothes. In both cases the clothes make the character look younger than her years.

The biggest difference between the original and the k-drama remake is that Lee Na Young’s character knows her future employer and he is obviously already in love with her. In this drama Lee Jong Suk, who recently played a doomed poet in Hymn of Death, plays the editor-in-chief of the publishing company. His character is five years younger than Lee Na Young's and they've been friends since childhood. In the American story, Younger, Foster’s character is actually the same age as her publisher, although pretending to be younger, but then is considerably older than the young tattoo artist she dates.

In both versions a younger man is interested in an older woman, but given the ages that the characters are supposed to be, Lee Na Young’s character could wind up in  a love triangle with two younger men.  The other romantic possibility is the freelance book designer played by Wi Ha Joon, who is supposed to be eight years younger. By the end of the first episode he’s already charmed Lee Na Young's character by finding her lost heels and slipping them on her feet, Cinderella style.

The younger man character definitely got a makeover in the k-drama version. He's far less edgy than Tortorella’s tattoo artist. Dating a tattoo artist gives Foster’s character an exciting new perspective, so it remains to be seen what Wi Ha Joon’s character will offer.

Lee Jong Suk is a popular actor with a long string of successful k-dramas, including Pinocchio, Doctor Stranger, W and While You Were Sleeping, so this drama is likely to earn good ratings. Even if it veers from the original American story, both stories still offer an important lesson. Judging women negatively for interrupting a career to raise children is short sighted. Raising a child confers many practical skills that can help you succeed in the workplace. Both stories explain why employers should perhaps step beyond simple hiring prejudices and take a chance.

Exactly reproducing Younger would have been impossible, but the k-drama’s compendium of romance, publishing and top stars, is likely to make Romance Is A Bonus Book a hit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/01/27/how-does-romance-is-a-bonus-book-compare-to-younger/#1c0c20cb1093

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dx6eCjvWkAADbVD.jpg

Dx-w2MYWkAAeADV.jpg

Dx-w2MCWsAAqw17.jpg

[Cartoon] LeeJongSuk & LeeNaYoung | Romance Supplement  

By: Loz 

Spoiler

tumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo1_400.giftumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo2_r1_400.gif
  Hide contents

tumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo3_r1_400.giftumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo4_r1_400.gif
tumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo6_r1_400.giftumblr_plybvifG7f1vqfmslo5_r1_400.gif
l

professor cha eun ho and his glasses 

tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o1_540.gif
tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o2_540.gif
tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o3_540.gif
  Hide contents

tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o4_540.gif
tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o5_540.gif
tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o6_540.gif
tumblr_pm05fw51uD1r8sro0o7_540.gif
l

Romance is a bonus book Ep.1

tumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko1_400.giftumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko2_400.gif
  Hide contents

tumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko3_r1_400.giftumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko4_r1_400.gif
tumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko5_r1_400.giftumblr_plzlcdcCwN1vpmpmko6_r1_400.gif
l

“We laughed and ran in the warm sun and my worries about the future disappeared.”

tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o2_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o3_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o4_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o5_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o6_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o8_540.gif
tumblr_plz6l1GaWe1r8sro0o7_540.gif
l

Spoiler

“You look beautiful.” he said.
Dan-I seemed like she did not hear him.

tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o1_540.gif
tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o2_540.gif
tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o3_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o4_540.gif
tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o7_r1_540.gif
tumblr_plz1ghlQDa1r8sro0o5_540.gif
l

Spoiler

“The bride is gone?”

tumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso1_400.giftumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso3_400.giftumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso4_400.gif
tumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso5_400.giftumblr_plyrtr2bRh1xuz1eso6_400.gif
l

Spoiler

— every word, every language, all at once | p.d.

tumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo8_r1_400.giftumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo2_400.giftumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo3_400.gif
tumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo7_400.giftumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo5_400.gif
tumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo6_400.giftumblr_pm129mv6Cg1xstbxpo4_r1_400.gif
l

She’s totally my type.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ibru said:

t. Dating a tattoo artist gives Foster’s character an exciting new perspective, so it remains to be seen what Wi Ha Joon’s character will offer.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/01/27/how-does-romance-is-a-bonus-book-compare-to-younger/#1c0c20cb1093

so, let me get this straight. she will date Wi Ha Joon character if this really follow the original? :huh:

• Like 2

Dx_U0U7XgAEclf_.jpg

Good Data Corp TV Drama Ranking *0121-0127
# 1 #SKYCastle 
# 2 #TheLastEmpress 
# 3 #Encounter
# 4 #RomanceIsABonusBook  
# 5 #TheCrownedClown 
# 6 #MyOnlyOne 
# 7 #SpringMustBeComing 
# 8 #LiverOrDie 
# 9 #CleanWithPassionForNow 
# 10 #MyStrangeHero *

*Good Data Corp Top 10 TV Drama Actor *0121-0127 
# 1 #ParkBoGum 
# 2 #SongHyeKyo 
# 3 #KimHyeYoon 
# 4 #KimSeoHyung 
# 5 #YumJungAh 
# 6 #LeeNaYoung 
# 7 #LeeJongSuk 

# 8 #KimBoRa
# 9 #JangNaRa 
# 10 #YeoJinGoo 

*Based on online articles, blogs, SNS & video responses

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000949103

Via: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtK6K1dHEzS/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[JShine Eng Sub]The third episode of "Romance is a Bonus Book" 

Subtitle by JShine Lee Jong-Suk Fanclub.  Pls give a credit when reposting. Source: web. 
Translated by Claire
Proofread by Joanna5959
Subtitle by aki0914suk

• Like 2
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록
  • Maetawinz changed the title to [Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록