[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

[JShine Eng Sub]

The first episode of "Romance is a Bonus Book" 
Translated by Astrid
Proofread by @Joanna5959
Subtitle by @aki0914suk
Subtitle by JShine Lee Jong-Suk Fanclub.

DxWwv82UcAAK7YU.jpg

DxWwwAnUUAAWx6N.jpg

DxWwv80UwAAgu4K.jpg

"Romance is a Bonus Book": Main Characters Introduction - Cha Eun Ho

Credit: http://program.tving.com/tvn/bonusbook/8/Contents/Html?h_seq=2

Translated: https://twitter.com/JSHINE_FC_LJS/status/1086969251783557121

Via Ibru

• Like 1

Dxe2n9DUYAAXT62.jpg

Lee Jong Suk Talks About Being A Successful Fan Of Lee Na Young And His Upcoming Military Enlistment

Jan 21, 2019
by Y. Shin

Lee Jong Suk recently talked about his upcoming tvN drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” and working alongside Lee Na Young.

On January 21, a press conference was held for the new Saturday-Sunday drama with Lee Jong Suk, Lee Na Young, Kim Yoo Mi, Jung Yoo Jin, and Wi Ha Joon in attendance.

During the event, Lee Jong Suk commented, “[I played] developing-type characters in my previous works. This character is closer to the complete style. If my previous projects had elements of fantasy, this drama is very realistic. However, the fact that such a character exists seems like a fantasy in itself for Kang Dan Yi [Lee Na Young’s character]. He’s an extremely charming character, to the point where I felt I wanted to be a little like him, so it’s also difficult.”

Lee Jong Suk then mentioned his upcoming military enlistment, stating, “I think I’ll end up enlisting this year. That’s why I have to finish this drama well. I wanted to show this to fans. It’s my first time trying the romantic comedy genre. I received a lot of help from Lee Na Young so I’m filming well.”

The actor then continued to talk about his co-star as one reporter asked him, “It’s been said that you were originally a fan of Lee Na Young.” In reply, he laughed sheepishly while saying, “I hoped that particular question wouldn’t be asked.”

He commented, “While shooting, everyone knew, but I didn’t want anyone to say anything.” Lee Jong Suk then said, “I think I’m a successful fan,” as Lee Na Young listened with a shy smile.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy centered around people in the publishing world. It will tell the story of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) who used to be one of the greatest copywriters but is currently struggling to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) who is a star writer and an idol of the literature world.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will premiere on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Source (1) (2) (3)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296145wpp/lee-jong-suk-talks-successful-fan-lee-na-young-upcoming-military-enlistment

Lee Na-young and Lee Jong-suk to show romance in publishing industry in new rom-com

Actress Lee Na-young, who is more well-known in the film industry, is returning to the small screen with the new rom-com series “Romance is a Bonus Book” (direct translation), in which she stars opposite Lee Jong-suk.
She plays Kang Dan-Yi, a former top copy editor at a PR firm who was happily married with a daughter but who is now divorced, with her career put on halt. She strives to excel in the workplace again, representing many South Korean women who face similar struggles. Women whose career path have been cut off are called “gyeongdannyeo” here. 
“Though it’s been a while (since I last filmed a drama), I’m having so much fun on set,” Lee Na-young said during a press conference Monday.

Dxe2n8-VsAAk0JO.jpg

“Before filming, I heard a lot about gyeongdannyeo in today’s society and saw the issue being discussed on programs. I could feel their struggle.”
Lee highlighted a scene in which Kang is interviewed for a job by an interviewer who happens to be a single mother, saying the dialogue between the two reflects their respective situations. 
The series marks Lee’s return to TV in nine years since she starred in the KBS series “The Fugitive: Plan B” in 2010. She said working conditions are better now, calling it a good thing for creators. 
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

Meanwhile, Lee Jong-suk will play Cha Eun-ho, a rising writer with many best-sellers and also the youngest editor-in-chief in the publishing industry. Kang and Cha start out like siblings but viewers will see their relationship develop. 
During the press conference, Lee Jong-suk was asked what it was like working with Lee Na-young, as he has said she is his ideal type in the past.
“I’m a ‘successful’ fan,” Lee said shyly, adding that he dreaded the question, which sparked laughter at the venue.
He told the press that the show would be like a gift to fans because he is likely to enlist in the military this year. 
Starring in a rom-com for the first time, Lee said that he wanted to show what fans might like and that acting opposite Lee Na-young helped him to better play his role. 
In the process, he has realized it is not an easy task to film a 16-episode show based on a story that centers on emotions between people. 

He added that the only problem with acting opposite Lee Na-young is that he blushes while filming with her.
Jung Hyun-Jung, the writer of the show, who closely followed the publishing industry to better understand the field, hopes the show will be an opportunity for viewers to look back on their relationships.
“Relationships between people have become cooler in real life. Friendships and relationships don’t turn people’s lives upside down. “I would like people to contemplate how we look at relationships between each other.” she said in a written statement.
The new tvN series will air at 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. 
By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201901211803589658066_2

Lee Jong-suk blushes while filming with Lee Na-young

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

Actor Lee Jong-suk was put on the spot as he faced questions about his feelings toward fellow actress Lee Na-young.
During a press conference for the upcoming tvN series “Romance is a Bonus Book,” Lee, who is a fan of Lee Na-young, was asked what it was like acting opposite his celebrity crush. 
“When I film a scene with noona (Lee Na-young), my face goes red, which is a bit of a problem,” he said.

“Though everyone on set knows, I wanted no one to mention it. I guess I’m a ‘successful’ fan,” the actor said, prompting laugher at the venue.
While answering another question, Lee Jong-suk told the cast onstage to cover their ears as he yet again told the press he is Lee Na-young’s fan in real life. 
He also said that he received a great deal of help from the veteran actress with over 20 years of acting under her belt.
The actor added the show will be a gift for fans before he enlists in the military this year.
By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201901211802089616351_2

• Like 2

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Live Completely Opposite Lives In âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ Preview

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Live Completely Opposite Lives In “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Preview

Jan 21, 2019
by S. Park

tvN’s “Romance is a Bonus Book” has given viewers another peek at the drama’s first episode!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about people who work in publishing. It centers around Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) who used to be one of the greatest copywriters but is currently struggling to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) who is known as a star writer and idol of the literary world.

In the preview, Kang Dan Yi cleans a house while Cha Eun Ho looks at his phone with a quizzical look on his face. The two characters have a sibling-like relationship and he refers to her as a noona or older sister. Kang Dan Yi tells him, “According to the housekeeper, it seems like you change women often.” Cha Eun Ho, who seems to be unaware of the fact that Kang Dan Yi is his housekeeper, replies, “She’s weird. I think she showers in my house.”

When he asks her to find him a new housekeeper, Kang Dan Yi says to herself, “How can you fire me!” after he hangs up the phone. She sees a job listing that has no age or academic requirements and goes to the interview, but constantly run into hurdles along the way. Meanwhile, Cha Eun Ho smiles throughout the day as he walks down the hallway of his office and poses with his book.

Speculating that something is up with his friend, he states, “Something I’m unaware of is happening to Kang Dan Yi” as the preview comes to an end.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” will premiere on January 26 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki! Check out the preview below:

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1295751wpp/watch-lee-jong-suk-lee-na-young-live-completely-opposite-lives-romance-bonus-book-preview

• Like 4