Director: Lee Jeong-hyo (Life on Mars)
Writer: Jung Hyun-jung (I Need Romance)
Network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: January 26th - March 17th, 2019
Runtime: Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST
Language: Korean

♥♥ Synopsis ♥♥ 

Cha Eun-ho is a successful author and a senior editor at a book publishing company.

Kang Dan-i is a mother and former successful advertising copywriter.

When Cha Eun-ho was a child, Kang Dan-i saved him from an accident and was injured.

Kang Dan-i had Cha Eun-ho help her while she was recuperating in hospital and later on bedrest for one year.

By helping her acquire books to read from the library, Cha Eun-ho himself became interested in writing.

The two youngsters stayed close friends well into adulthood. However,

their friendship was strained after Kang Dan-i started dating a selfish, inconsiderate man.

Although he disapproved of her choice in a partner, and she too expressed doubt at times,

Cha Eun-ho stands by her decision to marry this man.

Now in the present, Cha Eun-ho enlists Kang Dan-i to help him find a housekeeper -

but he has no idea Kang Dan-i is the one doing the work and taking payment.

He is also unaware of her living situation,

and the true extent of the hardships she is facing as a divorced single mother with a large gap

in work experience trying to re-enter the professional world.

Eventually Kang Dan-i is no longer able to keep her secrets from him,

and Cha Eun-ho lends her a helping hand.

Their lives become even more intertwined when Kang Dan-i applies to be a temporary task

support worker at his publishing company.

Although Cha Eun-ho is initially worried about how she will perform,

Kang Dan-i surprises him and other senior executives with her creativity and hard work.

The rest of the series is about the personal and professional challenges they face

as they slowly start to realize their true feelings for each other and navigate this next stage of their lives.

- Cr. Wikipedia -

Official teaser & trailer :  1 / 2 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Official Posters 1 / 2 / 3 4 / 5 / 6

Official link

♥ Website  /   Gallery

ji5on7h6ey1idoezg.jpg

♥♥ Cast ♥♥ 

6k4zlwg9w5uf9wnzg.jpg

Lee Na-Yong as Kang Da-Ni

A former advertising copywriter and a current unemployed divorcee

who later joins the publishing company as a temporary task support team member.

isdpm383yd2imlqzg.jpg

Lee Jong-Suk as Cha Eun-ho

A successful writer who is also the publishing company's youngest editor-in-chief.

He is a long-time friend of Kang Dan-i and harbours romantic feelings for her.

c8qom9zvlcmvhzlzg.jpg

Jung Yoo-jin as Song Hae-rin

The Lead Content Development Editor and trainer of the new recruits, including Kang Dan-i. 
She has long-standing feelings for Cha Eun-ho, her former trainer, but he does not reciprocate those feelings.

rgfkrka01smr9dkzg.jpg

Wi Ha-joon as Ji Seo-joon

A freelance book designer the publishing company is looking to hire, who also happened to cross paths with Kang Dan-i

and later develops feelings for her. He and Cha Eun-ho have a turbulent relationship related to the conspiracy

behind famous author Kang Byeong-jun's retirement and their feelings for Kang Dan-i.

♥♥ Supporting cast ♥♥ 

0tlsjdkrg4mzpyvzg.jpg

♥ Kim Tae-woo  as CEO Kim Jae-min  He is a bit over-eager, and but an overall well-meaning boss.

♥ Kim Yoo-mi as Director Go Yoo-sun  She discourages Kang Dan-i's efforts to become

a part of the marketing team and keeps her busy with menial tasks around the office.

♥ Jo Han-chul as Bong Ji-hong  He is married to Seo Young-ah.

♥ Kim Sun-young as Seo Young-ah  The marketing team manager who is married to Bong Ji-hong.

♥ Kang Ki-doong as Park Hoon  A talkative and eager-to-please new recruit on the marketing team.

ilztqxu9f2gtb5yzg.jpg

♥ Park Gyu-young  as Oh Ji-yool  A superficial and spoiled new recruit on the editorial team, with an overbearing mother.

♥ Lee Kwan-hoon as Lee Seung-jin  Head of Marketing Team, Content Development Department

♥ Choi Seung-yoon as Bae Gwang-soo  Head of Marketing Team, Content Development Department

♥ Lee Ha-eun as Chae Song-ee  Member of the Editorial Team, Content Development Department.

♥ Oh Eui-shik as Hong Dong-min   Kang Dan-i's ex-husband.

♥♥ Other♥♥ 
Lee Ji-ha as Hae-rin's mother
Lee Ji-won as Hong Jae-hee
Hwang Se-on as Kim Na-kyung
Noh Jong-hyun as Oh Ji-yool's ex-boyfriend

ji5on7h6ey1idoezg.jpg

♥♥ Drama stuff ♥♥ 

w4m2sr41kgoqh9rzg.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

ji5on7h6ey1idoezg.jpg

•  
  • Like 8

lee-jong-suk

Lee Jong Suk confirmed for new romantic comedy, 'Romance Is A Supplement'

Actor Lee Jong Suk has confirmed his appearance as the male lead of a new tvNromantic comedy series, 'Romance Is A Supplement' (working title)!

The new tvN series is a drama dealing with romance among individual working at a publishing company. Lee Jong Suk's role will be a genius author and the company's youngest ever chief editor, Cha Eun Ho. This will mark Lee Jong Suk's first ever romance-driven drama, as his previous works included genres such as fantasy, mystery, action, and more, such as 'Pinocchio', 'While You Were Sleeping', 'I Can Hear Your Voice', and more. 

'Romance Is A Supplement' is set to air some time in early 2019. Are you looking forward to this drama?
Cr. allKpop

Lee Na Young And Lee Jong Suk In Talks For Upcoming tvN Drama

Lee Na Young And Lee Jong Suk In Talks For Upcoming tvN Drama

Sep 11, 2018
by yshin

Actress Lee Na Young’s comeback project might be tvN’s new drama “Romance Supplement” (working title)!

On September 11, a source revealed to media outlet Star Today, “Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young are positively in discussion to appear in ‘Romance Supplement.'”

Lee Na Young’s agency Eden 9 later confirmed these rumors and stated, “Lee Na Young is positively considering her appearance in tvN’s drama ‘Romance Supplement.'”

“Romance Supplement” is a romantic comedy about people in their 30s that uses a publishing company as its setting. It is written by Jung Hyun Jung (“I Need Romance,” “Discovery of Love,” and more) and directed by Lee Jung Hyo (“Life on Mars”).

If Lee Na Young really does star in “Romance Supplement,” it will be her return to the small screen after eight years. Her last work was KBS2’s “The Fugitive: Plan B” in 2010.

Previously, a source from Lee Jong Suk’s agency also confirmed that the actor was considering an offer for the drama as one of his potential future projects.

“Romance Supplement” is slated to air in the first half of 2019.

Cr. Soompi

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록 - Lee Jong Suk Confirmed

Lee Jong Suk To Star In His 1st Romantic Comedy

Lee Jong Suk To Star In His 1st Romantic Comedy

Lee Jong Suk has announced that he will be starring in a new tvN romantic comedy!

On September 28, the actor confirmed that he would be appearing in the upcoming drama “Romance Supplement” (working title), marking his first romantic comedy role since his debut eight years ago.

“Romance Supplement” will follow the lives of employees who work at a publishing company. Lee Jong Suk will be starring as Cha Eun Ho, a brilliant writer who is also the company’s youngest editor-in-chief.

The drama will be helmed by Lee Jung Hyo, the director behind OCN’s “Life on Mars” and tvN’s “The Good Wife,” and written by Jung Hyun Jung, the writer behind the “I Need Romance” series.

Lee Jong Suk remarked, “I’ve always been a fan of writer Jung Hyun Jung’s and director Lee Jung Hyo’s work, so I’m delighted to be able to work together with them.”

He added, “I’m also very excited about taking on the romantic comedy genre for the first time. Because [‘Romance Supplement’] has a very different texture from the dramas I’ve taken on in the past, I think that I’ll be able to show a new side of myself that is different from what I’ve shown up until now.”

“Romance Supplement” is currently expected to premiere sometime in the first half of next year.

Are you excited to see Lee Jong Suk star in a romantic comedy for the first time? Leave your thoughts below!

cr

• Like 6

Lee Jong-seok, first romcom in 'romance is the supplement' ... 'Dream team' united

written by Kim Soo-kyoung for TENASIA

2018092808035647097-540x809.jpg

Actor Lee Jong-seok confirmed his appearance in tvN's new romantic comedy 'romance is the supplement (working title)' which will be broadcasted in the first half of next year.

'Romance is the supplement' (directed by Lee Jung-hyo, written by Jeong Hyun-jeong, and produced by Story and Pictures [Media]) draws stories of people working in a publishing house. Lee Jong-seok's making an interesting comeback in the first romantic comedy genre series he has chosen eight years after his debut.

note: Story and Pictures Media is the company behind JTBC's "Misty".

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Na Young To Star Opposite Lee Jong Suk In New Romantic Comedy

Lee Na Young To Star Opposite Lee Jong Suk In New Romantic Comedy

Lee Na Young is finally making her long-awaited small-screen return!

On October 15, the producers of tvN’s upcoming drama “Romance Supplement” (working title) officially announced that the actress would be starring as the female lead. A spokesperson for the drama stated, “Lee Na Young’s casting has been confirmed.”

“Romance Supplement” is a new romantic comedy drama about the employees of a publishing company. Lee Jong Suk will be starring as Cha Eun Ho, a brilliant writer who also happens to be the company’s editor-in-chief.

Lee Na Young will be playing the role of Kang Dani, a former copywriter who is down on her luck. Although she once enjoyed a flourishing career, Kang Dani is out of money and in desperate need of a new job. Ironically, her killer résumé makes things even more difficult, as she is seemingly overqualified for every position available. Kang Dani ultimately decides to lie about her educational background in order to get hired at Cha Eun Ho’s publishing company, where she hopes to make a fresh start.

Not only is “Romance Supplement” Lee Jong Suk’s first-ever romantic comedy, but it also marks Lee Na Young’s first drama in nine years. The actress last starred in the KBS drama “Fugitive: Plan B” back in 2010.

When asked why she had chosen “Romance Supplement” for her highly-anticipated return, Lee Na Young replied, “The screenplay, which is full of writer Jung Hyun Jung’s warm and refreshing laughter, touched my heart. I’m also looking forward to working with director Lee Jung Hyo.”

Writer Jung Hyun Jung and producing director (PD) Lee Jung Hyo recently collaborated on the tvN drama “Life on Mars.”

Lee Na Young added, “I’m excited to be greeting viewers for the first time in a long while through [this] warm-hearted drama.”

“Romance Supplement” is currently scheduled to air sometime in the first half of 2019.

Are you excited to see Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk star together in this new drama? Share your thoughts below!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1245503wpp/lee-na-young-star-opposite-lee-jong-suk-new-romantic-comedy

• Like 5

On 9/28/2018 at 5:58 AM, Maetawinz said:

Romance Is a Supplement

Drama: Romance Is a Supplement
Revised romanization: -
Hangul: 로맨스는 별책부록

PD : Lee Jung-hyo (Life on Mars)
Director: TBA
Writer: Jung Hyun-jung (I Need Romance)
Network: TVN
Episodes: TBA
Release Date: 2019
Runtime: TBA
Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis 

Romance Supplement is a romantic comedy about people in their 30s

that uses a publishing company as its setting. 

Cast

Lee Jong-Suk as Cha Eun-ho

A brilliant writer and the company’s youngest editor-in-chief. 

Cr. AllKpop

Thank you very much for creating this thread :wub: but can you please add to the tittle that LeeNa Young Confirmed as well also update the first post...

Many thanks in advance ^_^ 

• Like 5

Just now, Riman Rakshit said:

3 things-

Jong Suk's first Rom com

Jong Suk's first and forever crush

Jong Suk's first TVN drama

This is a must watch:heart:

Where are all my girls

@asiaren @ibru @Rania Zeid @kembie @frozentundra @ezze @Whitebox and other chingus

Bring the popcorn :wub:

helllooooo girl :D can't believe that  JS ' dram is coming true and he ll be acting with his ultimate crush at last hhhhh

• Like 5

Oh, I'm here! Still waiting on his other two (Hymn of Death and Jade Lover)--but this one should film and actually AIR. And soon! Yay. :)

(Also, the title. Don't know if it makes anyone else smile or not. Unlike in English, in Korean there are different words for "appendix" as in the back matter of a book, and "appendix" as in the organ in your body. If you literally translated the Korean title, it would be more like, Romance is an Appendix. Emergency appendectomy in ep. 8, anyone? :D Lol, it's good they are going with another title in English.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Lee Na-young confirms drama comeback in Romance Is a Supplement

by stroopwafel

leenayoung.jpg

If Dramabeans had presses, I’d be yelling, “Stop the presses!” Lee Na-young (Beautiful Days, Runaway Plan B) has confirmed that she will star in tvN’s 2019 rom-com, Romance Is a Supplement. The drama will be Lee Na-young’s first in nine years. Lee Jong-seok (While You Were Sleeping, V.I.P.) will co-star, in what is likely to be his last project before serving his compulsory military service.

Lee Na-young will play Kang Dan-yi, a once-successful copywriter who reached soaring heights early in her career but, at the start of the drama, finds herself unemployed and overqualified for every job she applies for. Looking to make a fresh start in life and desperate for a job, she decides to hide her educational background. She masquerades as a high-school dropout and lands a job at Lee Jong-seok’s publishing company. Since this is a rom-com, there are sure to be romantic hijinks between Dan-yi and Cha Eun-ho (Lee Jong-seok’s character).

Lee Na-young has kept a notoriously low profile the past several years—to the point that I’m most familiar with her older films and coffee ads. Over the past decade, she’s only chosen to appear in a handful of acting roles so I’m curious and excited to see what it was about Romance Is a Supplementthat enticed her back to dramas. 

Romance Is a Supplement is set to premiere in the first half of next year with director Lee Jung-hyo (Life on Mars, The Good Wife) and writer Jung Hyun-jung (Five EnoughDiscovery of RomanceI Need Romance series) joining forces for the drama. The duo previously worked together on OnStyle’s Because It’s the First Time and tvN’s I Need Romance 2.

Via Korea Kyungje

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/lee-na-young-confirms-drama-comeback-in-romance-is-a-supplement/

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Riman Rakshit said:

3 things-

Jong Suk's first Rom com

Jong Suk's first and forever crush

Jong Suk's first TVn drama

This is a must watch:heart:

Where are all my girls

@asiaren @ibru @Rania Zeid @kembie @frozentundra @ezze @Whitebox and other chingus

Bring the popcorn :wub:

....first....popcorn...:yum:Imagine similarÄ

....another first...my support....:thumbsup:0062ebbxly1fv6w1ub1dtj30qo0qo486.jpg

...and the last first....thank you, my dear @Riman Rakshit:heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1