[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

Ep19 Preview blurb - 만취한 남진(박윤재)을 데려다주던 승주(서효림)는 수희(김혜리)와 맞닥뜨리며 난처한 상황에 몰린다. 진아(진예솔)는 당당하게 현강의 디자인실에 합류하고, 시우(강태성)는 진아를 챙기는데...

Translation: As she brings a totally drunk NJ with her, SJ runs into SH and gets caught in an awkward situation.  JA formally joins HyunKang, and SU takes her in...

We hear a woman asking, "no calls from JinA-ssi?" and a reply "who? JA has been found?"...  I assume that is SJ and NJ talking... SH is asking SJ (who brings NJ with her) "Is this why you broke off the engagement with SU?"... Somebody (a subcontractor?) is begging NJ to save him.  Somebody is saying things are being done as SU wants, and is asking if NJ thinks the same way.

Anyway, as some of you said above, NJ is not going anywhere.  He is already changing his mind, and I am sure SJ will help him make the decision to stay, at the beginning of E19.  It seems the drama is not dragging things in letting NJ know what JA really is (SU has already told him the stalker thing), so I think he won't take too long to pry himself away from her.  This is all going pretty smoothly without too much confusion and angst.  I like that.

The strong ratings continue.  Tuesday's Ep16 had a 22.9, the highest rating on TnMS so far,  and a 19.6 on Nielsen which tied the highest there (with Ep 11)...  Generally the ratings are inching up and not dropping much.  Nice!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep 19  recap  (the second half added at the bottom)

- SJ answers that NJ will be able to do what the chairman expected, very well. The chairman knew that he had potential, or he wouldn't do this. She cheers him up.  NJ asks about her own situation. She is upset that SU is doing this to MinHan. NJ explains that things haven't gone SU's way, which he isn't used to, and so it must've hurt his pride. SJ doesn't think it is an excuse to do what he is doing.

- SU is waiting outside JA's place, as she gets back from the restaurant, wanting to take her to celebrate. He takes her to the bar that he always goes to. The bartender says hi and says it was JA that helped him the other day. JA tells SU that he had called her "SJ" that night. SU asks her to forget whatever he said, because it couldn't have been anything good. JA says that she felt bad at how lonesome SU looked - "so, I felt that woman was so inconsiderate... wondering why she would make my director be that lonesome".  SU then congratulates her for winning the contest.  She thanks him for everything. He says this is why he feels like he is a good guy when he is with JA.  He knows he is cut-throat in the company. He asks if she is confident of doing well with all the overtime work and stress in the company. She says yes.

- SJ asks about what will he do about that woman JinA that he likes, if he stays in Seoul. NJ says,"JA is in Seoul. I mean, I am TOLD that she is". SJ asks, "you are TOLD? What do you mean? You're not in touch with her?".  NJ tells her that JA has "gone under-water" (hiding from him, that is). He doesn't know the phone number or anything.  SJ asks why. NJ doesn't know. He just finds in weird. It seems the Ajussi and SU have both seen her. It's only him that she stays away from. SJ asks why he can't get the number from SU. JA has asked him not to give it, says NJ. "Me... This Yang Nam Jin... She said I'm a stalker that she's sick and tired of!"...  SJ says it's ridiculous and comforts him that there must be some reason. NJ says he can't imagine what reason. It hurts him so much. SJ then goes along, saying this JA must be a bad woman.

-SU calls YSJ, as NJ is fully drunk. The mom tells her that NJ doesn't drink much and gets easily drunk. "What? Three glasses?? This is big trouble!". (Man, what kind of Korean man is NJ? Not even 3 glasses?? I know for a fact that such guys don't exist in Korea!!). Looks like SJ will bring him home.  YSJ gets upset at the Ajussi for even bringing up the JA matter to NJ.  The ajussi says it was to make him stick around in Seoul, so YSJ should thank him rather than yell at him. But ajussi finds it odd that he is drinking with SJ, if he is sad about JA.  He hears Butler Heo welcoming SH outside, and gets all excited/silly, preparing to go to the main house to see her.

- Mr. Jang is with SH at the main house and he says the house looks the same as 20 years ago. SH is surprised and asks if he had ever come to that house (oh, so he probably wasn't that close to whatever things happened way back?). He says the chairman had invited the design team back then when a new brand was launched. SH muses that it was only she who was kept away by the chairman (The way Mr. Jang behaves, it doesn't look to me like he was part of anything serious 30 years ago. She could've still had a fling with him and had a baby without his knowledge though).  SH says she is going to redo the interior of the house.  The ajussi comes in applauding her plans. Mr. Jang asks who he is and SH says, "don't worry about him. He's just a weird guy ("eesanghan saaram").  Ajussi corrects her - "I'm not Eeesanghan, but EeSangHyeon"!... He continues to make a fool of himself, introducing himself to Mr. Jang as the ultimate "romantist" who is the close-family and partner to NJ, who was found as the chairman's son, and all that....  ("Romantist" is a Konglish word for a "romantic guy"). 

- The ajussi asks where he should start the interior work, and SH says no need. She will call some interior work firm. He goes on saying what he can do to the interior.  Okay, let us pass on this...

- The ajussi hits and vase and breaks it. YSJ runs in screaming. I guess it was the plant she had planted for the chairman. SH gives her $50 to replace it, and YSJ gets upset. The chairman had looked at the plant as "hope". How can she try to replace it with some paltry money? YSJ complains loudly about SH already trying to change the place so soon after the chairman left, and that this was why the chairman kept her away.  SH is so mad she doesn't know what to say, and acts like she will faint.  Ajussi yells at Mr. Jang for "touching my SunHui" when he tries to hold SH.  But Mr. Jang and SH just leaves.

---

- SH gets all upset seeing SJ bring NJ home. She asks "is this why you broke it off with SU?".  SJ says that she is misunderstanding this. They are just friends, and this has nothing to do with her issue with SU. But SH goes on, saying she is two-timing SU - "Like father, like daughter".  SU is politr and firm in saying "please don't bring even my dad into this".  Mr. Jang asks SH to calm down and takes her away.  Ajussi and YSJ come out and the ajussi takes NJ in.  YSJ wants her to come in and have some tea, but SJ says she should go home - "my dad had taught me not to be in other houses too late at night". She says he father is pretty strict about her keeping protocol in these things.  YSJ is totally touched at how well-mannered SJ is.  (I have to say that the writer has done a good job in showing SJ in that way, too. Very rare to see a Kdrama show a fairly strong-minded American-educated modern woman with fashion pizazz, to be so well-behaved and polite as SJ is.  Refreshing!)

- YS brings MS some simple bibimbap, and tells her story about her brother making her such bibimbap at the time when her first husband left her, and she wanted to kill herself.  She says it was so tasty and she decided that she wouldn't die and would live her life to become happy.  MS feels bad for her. YS again asks MS to forgive her brother.  She feeds MS. "Tasty, but a bit salty", and he says he likes salty food. (In this scene, for the first time, YS doesn't act like she is putting on a show. Is she going to turn around and be a good woman now?)

- At the breakfast table at the main house, YSJ asks NJ why he drank so much. "Why else... Because of JinA", says the ajussi. YSJ yells at him for bringing up JA again. They ask Butler Heo also to eat with them, and she joins.

- The foreman/boss of a factory in Daejeon comes to see NJ urgently, apologizing and introducing himself as Oh Sun Tak (?). NJ remembers him from the funeral hall.  He is there to tell NJ that the factory is set to shut down within 2 months. NJ says he too had heard of some factories being closed. The man says their factory was always good, and that the Chairman had promised that the factory equipment would be upgraded for better productivity to let them continue. He cries about all the factory people's families facing hardship now.  The ajussi says from behind that he came to the wrong guy (I like ajussi's work in putting pressure on NJ).  The man asks NJ if he isn't one of the successors, and if he feels the same as SU about all this.  Ajussi says that NJ is just going back to the hometown and that everything now will be like SU decides.  NJ seems to finally make his decision.  He tells the factory boss - "I cannot let my family folks be just sent out of the factory one fine day like that, can I?".  The man is relieved to hear that.

- JA gets her prize for the design win.  She is taken to the design team office.  Looks like Mr. Jang is the design team leader now, who welcomes her and commends on her lovely and unique design that had depth.  He says he hopes for JA to bring "energy" to the team.

- NJ asks CJ (the lawyer) if he will be able to stop what is going on now, if he were to join the successor-race like the chairman wanted. CJ says that they may not be able to stop it but can possibly get it deferred by a year.  NJ tells the lawyer that he will "give this a go". (Yes, my man... Go for it!!).  NJ repeats what he said to the factory boss.

- NJ goes to SU's office and asks, "what is the HK that you have in your mind?".  SU gives his US MBA bull crap.  "A rational and transparent company. A company that keeps the profit of the enterprise as the top priority. A company that gets rid of those old guys who sit on their chairs just taking tons of salary, and replaces them with young people in a transfusion of new blood".  NJ calmly says that it sounds very different that what Grandpa wanted.  SU says he is no grandpa.  Those old ideas died with the grandpa. NJ reminds him that their G/pa never forgot the families of the employees.  Some usual back and forth between them, and NJ basically tells him that he is taking up the challenge. "Let us have a go at it. Let us see who hits the bottom first". SU can't believe this. NJ says he can no longer just watch the company that his G/pa built being ruined at SU's hands (harsh words. You go, NJ!!).  He wants to shake hands on this, and SU brushes the hands off, but softly enough, showing that the guy is scared now. SU tries to say that a challenge should only come from somebody who is capable of challenging.  NJ tells him about himself - that he is somebody who takes it all the way once he decides to do it. The type that will get up and run again if he falls, never giving up.  But SU asks how somebody like him can dare challenge him. NJ: "This isn't just a challenge... Rather call it a fight".  Let's do it, says SU.  [THE END]

@jayakris- thanks a lot as always.

I laughed at what YS said about the bibimbap - she ate the bibimbap when she was trying to end her life and after eating it, she decided not to kill herself - there must be some gold in that bibimbap or there must be a fortune cookie message that says 'you will meet a stupid man named MS and he can provide you and your brother some money'.

So now SJ can tell her dad - 'I told you so'.

She thanks him for everything. He says this is why he feels like he is a good guy when he is with JA.

Evening ,

Interesting I can see why AJ is smitten by SU, he's given her a confidence boost both professionally and personally and She is thirsty for it ,But I’m a little surprised that She won him over so quickly.I thought he will be more guarded than that with someone he doesn’t know that much .I thought he may turn on the charm with AJ to get her onside and to protect his own interests. He seem genuine to me today but I am going in with caution with these two because it’s out of character for them I can’t see them allowing themselves to care for someone and have to tear down their walls .One of them will f-uck with the other one ( :D)

poor NJ will be hurt if he see them together   (:tears: )

7DE90E08-5C0E-408F-B800-53919CC3FAD8.gif

When  AJ bad mouthed SJ and using term like ( inconsiderate) to describe someone she didn’t know and never dealt with before it’s crazy .

She is such a HYPOCRITE did she forget THE WAY she treat NJ and HOW EVIL SHE WAS 

Thanks @jayakris for the recap as always we appreciate it .

First of all, I will be away for the whole day tomorrow on a work trip,  so I won't be able to do any recap of E20.  Sorry about that... Hopefully the subbed versions will be out without too much delay at various sites (they usually come out within 3-4 hours of when I do the recaps).

Preview blurb for E20 from KBS - 승주(서효림)는 남진(박윤재)으로부터 1년 동안 만석(홍요섭)의 회사가 하청회사로 남을 수 있다는 소식을 듣고 기뻐한다. 시우(강태성)가 정예멤버로 팀을 꾸리는 동안 남진은 지원자를 한 명도 받지 못하는데...

Translation: SJ hears from NJ that MS' firm can remain for a year as a subcontract firm, and is thrilled. While SU is forming his team with elite members, NJ is unable to get even a single supporter...

Looks like SJ will be the only help he will have.  But he is getting somebody with a fashion design degree from the U.S., so things can't be too bad!

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

NJ and SJ pretty much told each other everything this is soo refreshing.

I also found it so refreshing.  They talk so openly, and their interactions are so sweet.

The candidness is somewhat the same even with SU and JA.  Though JA is now known as somebody who would say or do some less-than-honorable things to achieve her ends, she has been generally frank with SU, and he seems to open up to her in a frank way too. 

I really appreciate it that the drama does not try to have these characters do silly things like arbitrarily lie or withhold info, causing confusion and unnecessary misunderstandings.  Many writers use that to deliberately create confusion because they need to fill time - and in the end such confusion doesn't add much to the main story anyway.   JA tried to keep her whereabouts away from NJ and called him a stalker, which was all for a reason, and SH certainly has some back story that she isn't telling people, but other than that, everybody just talks normally and passes on what they hear.  Not doing calculated things all the time.  For instance, I thought SU would not tell NJ about JA calling NJ a stalker, and that we would go through a long period without NJ knowing of how JA feels about him. But SU told him the very next time he saw NJ, and we don't have to agonize on when he would start getting an idea.   There was no hair pulling earlier on NJ's birth secret either.  Things generally get out in the open pretty quickly, and so it is an honest kind of story-telling.  There is a certain smoothness in the drama because of that.  Things don't make us pull our hairs and yell,  "damnit, tell him/her! why won't you?" like we have yelled at so many drama characters in the past.  This is indeed refreshing and I am enjoying this.  Hope the writer can keep that up!

13 hours ago, jayakris said:

"Let us have a go at it. Let us see who hits the bottom first". SU can't believe this. NJ says he can no longer just watch the company that his G/pa built being ruined at SU's hands (harsh words. You go, NJ!!).  He wants to shake hands on this, and SU brushes the hands off, but softly enough, showing that the guy is scared now. SU tries to say that a challenge should only come from somebody who is capable of challenging.  NJ tells him about himself - that he is somebody who takes it all the way once he decides to do it. The type that will get up and run again if he falls, never giving up.  But SU asks how somebody like him can dare challenge him. NJ: "This isn't just a challenge... Rather call it a fight".  Let's do it, says SU.  [THE END]

Thanks @jayakris  This is the problem with SH and SW they never had anyone to challenge their authourity.. Both Mother and Son needs to learn very quickly .the world don't revolve around them and both needs to be knock down a peg or two... Part of SW arrogance is Mom had him believing all these years that can't know one chanllenge him when it comes to anything regarding HK group or whatever G/pa owned,, Now this has been proven wrong.. Before Sw and SH let NJ become president of that company they'll try and destroy it.. Which would come to past and this whats going to get both of them kick out with nothing..  No shareholders with back a director that's bankrupting the company.. Sw will pay with the stocks of that company and get caught..  Another thing is he still hasn't realize that Nj isn't has dumb as they think he is. were going to see somethings Nj do that Ja don't know about.. Sw will have her workinng NJ untik Nj figure out it's her who is stabbing him in the back because she likes SW..

9 hours ago, viyra said:

@jayakris- thanks a lot as always.

I laughed at what YS said about the bibimbap - she ate the bibimbap when she was trying to end her life and after eating it, she decided not to kill herself - there must be some gold in that bibimbap or there must be a fortune cookie message that says 'you will meet a stupid man named MS and he can provide you and your brother some money'.

So now SJ can tell her dad - 'I told you so'.

@viyra  MS will do everything in his powers toi keeo her from finding out..(no father wants to hear I told you so from his own daughter) Golddigger knows how to play him all to well.. All she has to do is cry get on her knees and beg get him in bed and all is forgiven.. Just wait until Sj finds out she's going to throw a monkey wrench in their plans that dad won't see coming.. Not only Dad won't be able to do anything about it but SW who has been throwing out threats will get a big slap in the face behind it all because this is going to be something he never thought would happen..

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Interesting I can see why AJ is smitten by SU, he's given her a confidence boost both professionally and personally and She is thirsty for it ,But I’m a little surprised that She won him over so quickly.I thought he will be more guarded than that with someone he doesn’t know that much .I thought he may turn on the charm with AJ to get her onside and to protect his own interests. He seem genuine to me today but I am going in with caution with these two because it’s out of character for them I can’t see them allowing themselves to care for someone and have to tear down their walls .One of them will f-uck with the other one ( :D)

poor NJ will be hurt if he see them together   (:tears: )

@Ameera Ali  This is the hurt NJ needs to wake up from his delusions abiut her.. She lead him on.. It's no way she didn't know NJ has feelings for her..All he ever dream of was a life with her when she could have easily told him like she tells lollipop boy don;t even have desires for her.. JA only was keeping NJ around in case she couldn't find someone better.. Also Nj should know that she's not going to accept a nobody hometown boy like him.. How niaeve men thinks when it comes to a woman..  

Morning All, I see the writer trying to troll us with NJ seeing JA at that company.. Things are shaping up real well.. Nj Mom (kidnapper #2) taught him all to well to respect his Elders but when it comes to SH NJ shouldn't show her any respect or mercy at all.. It seens NJ maybe pulling a top designer into the company that SH and SW will wonder how did he manage that.. Maybe she's already well known but something we will find out about.. I think I see where this is going.. The new designer clothees will be sabatoge by Sw and Sh only to have SJ to come in and save the day blowing JA designs out of the waters.. JA will be mad with NJ telling NJ he destroyed her dreams.. I hope he don't feel bad for her and he remembers she calld him a stalker why should he care about her dreams.. NJ should worry about G/pas dreams and vision.. I see JA trying to come back into NJ circle once she realizes NJ is more then what she thought he was and also he's rich loving and caring.. She'll think he may still have some feelings for her only to be shot down because of his love for SJ.. She's another one that's not going to be able to accept rejection well.

SH already trying to work uncle, This old man don'lt buy her bull he's going to sit back and watch her and Sw do things as they like and watch how NJ no matter how many obestcles they throw at him he will break down all the barries they throw at him.. Uncle will end up throwing his shares in with NJ right when SH and SW thinks that got everything in the bag and SW and SH will be bragging to NJ..

MS I don't know what to say about him Golddigger begging him to help her brother.. He's in a tuff spot as he finding out how much money and things golddigger brother has stolen fro that company.. This could put his position in a dangerous spot trying to help her..   

I finally got to watch E20.  Interesting.  Things are moving along at a steady pace, and now NJ and SH have laid it out in the open that they will be going up against each other.  Good that we won't have to see NJ being unnecessarily polite to SH and making it annoying for us.

I find it interesting that, NJ is quite well-read, though he is a village handyman.  He asks if a profound-sounding line from SJ was from Descartes!  Later he mentions "Joan of Arc" (which is said as "Jandareuk" in Korea, twisting the French version in a weird way).  The hug outside his house was very nice!!

JA still doesn't know that NJ is the newly found grandson, An Nam Jin.  She only knows that NJ was a caregiver/secretary for the chairman as of now. It will be interesting to see her reaction when she finds out. 

On 11/30/2018 at 5:35 AM, sava2sava said:

It seens NJ maybe pulling a top designer into the company that SH and SW will wonder how did he manage that.. Maybe she's already well known but something we will find out about..

I assume you are taking about what was seen right at the very end in the preview for E21.  The subbed version of E20 that I saw did not give the name that NJ said at the .  He actually said a name also, which sounded like "SunHui" or "SeonHui" before he asked, "you had worked in the design office?".  Isn't that the name of the daughter that the Ajussi is looking for?  Could this be the Ajussi's daughter or something?  But all these names are confusing.  SiU, SuHui, SunHui, SunJa, SeungJu...

49 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I finally got to watch E20.  Interesting.  Things are moving along at a steady pace, and now NJ and SH have laid it out in the open that they will be going up against each other.  Good that we won't have to see NJ being unnecessarily polite to SH and making it annoying for us.

I find it interesting that, NJ is quite well-read, though he is a village handyman.  He asks if a profound-sounding line from SJ was from Descartes!  Later he mentions "Joan of Arc" (which is said as "Jandareuk" in Korea, twisting the French version in a weird way).  The hug outside his house was very nice!!

JA still doesn't know that NJ is the newly found grandson, An Nam Jin.  She only knows that NJ was a caregiver/secretary for the chairman as of now. It will be interesting to see her reaction when she finds out. 

I assume you are taking about what was seen right at the very end in the preview for E21.  The subbed version of E20 that I saw did not give the name that NJ said at the .  He actually said a name also, which sounded like "SunHui" or "SeonHui" before he asked, "you had worked in the design office?".  Isn't that the name of the daughter that the Ajussi is looking for?  Could this be the Ajussi's daughter or something?  But all these names are confusing.  SiU, SuHui, SunHui, SunJa, SeungJu...

I honesty think she is pretty dumb not to know or put it together, she seen him walk with him and he has you know the SAME name as the grandson, come on lol

Just now, dramaninja said:

I honesty think she is pretty dumb not to know or put it together, she seen him walk with him and he has you know the SAME name as the grandson, come on lol

That's because she never regard NJ as a worthy person - so she would never think that NJ would ever make it past where he was in the village.  I, too wants to see the look on her face once she finds out the guy she labeled as her 'stalker which she is tired of' is one of the owners of the company she's working at.

@jayakris-the name does sound familiar, really!!  Must be the ahjussi's long lost daughter.

Archived