[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E17 recap (till 17:30)

- SU tells JA that he feels as though he is like a high school teacher, because she seems to trust everything he says.  She agrees. He leaves.

- SU asks SJ if she is calling off the wedding.  She says yes. He says no way, angrily. It is for her father's sake, as the whole world knows that they're getting engaged.  She is firm. SJ admits that the fault was hers too, to an extent, for letting it go on with him. He still says no. She tries being milder, and that she learned that love won't happen from just trying. The arrogant fellow is still not taking it.

- SU asks if there is somebody else, and SJ says yes.  How can I the marry somebody else, she asks. Matter of integrity. Returns the ring. Bye bye. She walks out.  

- On the street, she gets a call from NJ. When she asks where they should meet, her writs gets grabbed by SU from behind. The dud says "isn't this what you want?" and force-kisses her. Gets slapped - "You are the worst of the worst" she says, prying away.

- SU asks if she realizes that this means she is cutting off the HK-MinHan partnership.  She calls him a coward. He says he has integrity in romance, but he is ruthless in business.  She smirks - "now you bring up the family business too? Seeing the world as only on your side or not, will only tire you out".  SU - "It's only you who made me become like that".  He leaves, and she wonders if she is creating trouble for MinHan.

- NJ calls again, saying he thought he heard somebody yelling at her, as the phone had fallen on the ground earlier.  She says it is nothing. He asks where she is.  He goes to her place and fixes a door lock for her, saying she should be careful when living alone. She is feeling nice.  "Reassuring. Like you are an oppa!".  He says, "of course I'm an oppa. I'm 2 years older". She makes fun of it, talking about eating a lot and all that. Small talk.

- NJ asks, "but something happened today, right?". He sees it on her face. Things always show clearly on her face, he says. Then she says she called off the wedding. "To get forced into a marriage just for my dad's business, isn't right, is it?"... He goes, sits next to her, and shows her shoulder for her to lean on. She does.  (Nice work, dude, for making the quick move!)...

- But NJ says, "There is a woman I like.  She also ran away from home, not wanting to marry somebody else just because of the family debt. I wasn't capable enough to give any help".  He says he is reminded of that woman, when he sees SJ.  She recalls the airport scene, connecting it to what he just said.  She says she needs to rest. He says he should let her rest, and gives her a whistle saying it's useful for women living alone. "I had given one to JinA when she went to China".  She asks, "so the name of the woman you liked is JinA?". He says yes, and asks her to blow the whistle if she is in trouble. "Will you come running, if I blow this?".  He says, "Of course. I am your reassuring oppa, you know!"

- SU drinking, saying "Right. I am the worst like you said. But still I will turn you around". All because of "that jerk", he thinks, upset that NJ is taking away G/pa, the house, HK, and now his fiancee too. He won't let it go.

- JA's room-mate is impressed with her report... It will impress even the Mister that she has the hots for (who? SU?). She wants that emailed to her. JA already has. The room-mate is happy. Wants to give JA a gift, and says JA will hear good news soon, on the contest. JA will get confirmation tomorrow.  JA goes to her room, and calls SU. The bartender picks up, saying SU is really drunk.

- JA goes to the bar. SU gets the "NJ disease" of colorblindness, shape blindness, height blindness etc... "Who do we have here? Ms. Han Seung Ju?" ... He leans on her, and says, "please reconsider this". JA: "what?". SU: "I can't disappoint my mom. My mother lived all her life in darkness, just counting on me". He says, "it's my mother... who wants you, I mean"... JA: "I understand. Just sleep. It will be fine".  I think she asks the bartender to call a substitute driver.

Ep 17 Recap, part 2

- The lawyer calls NJ's mom (Yang SunJa - let us call her YSJ) who says she will keep trying, but NJ is so far not listening. She tells the ajussi that NJ must be worried about ruining the chairman's big plans. She says she is just going to go to the home town with NJ, but the Ajussi wants to stay in Seoul and have some fun. She guesses that it is because of the witch, and he doesn't appreciate her speaking ill of her. She is only living her life for her son, he thinks.  Nothing serious here.

- Looks like JA asked the bartender to call SU's mom. SH comes in with Mr. Jang.  The bartender tells her that a woman had joined him as he was drinking. SH wonders if that might've been SJ.  They take SU home, as JA watches from the street corner.

- MS makes a western breakfast for YS. He asks if she would consider taking some cooking classes. Cooking is not her thing, she says. She asks if MS can go to cooking classes, but he has no time.  She has a reason why she can't do cooking - her expensive artificial nails . He asks if she can't take them off for cooking, and she says they are her heart or whatever (Edit:  She said thy are "art... nail art", not heart, as I check it again). He says she will find somebody to do cooking for them, but he is beginning to be annoyed - "Damn that cubic or whatever it is".

- SH asks SU who the woman was, at the bar with him. She asks if it was SJ, and assumes it, though he can't seem to remember. She is also peeved that SJ didn't do it herself, and had to ask the bartender to call her.  SU tells her that SJ has called off the wedding. She is upset that she gave "not loving SU" as the reason. Finally SU tells SH that he too doesn't want a forced wedding with a woman who dislikes him.  On their needing MinHan, he says, "we will need to find a way".  They will need to put pressure till they themselves hand over the MinHan shares.  [Oh, so they will try to go after Minhan now]

- NJ is about to go to the company. Ajussi wants to go too, and YSJ says no. Butler Heo comes and tells NJ that she will stay until NJ goes back to the hometown. NJ apologizes for forgetting about the lady, and tells her that he will get her severance pay etc taken care of.  She says there is no need.  She owed the chairman a lot.  She tells them that Lawyer Heo is her older brother, which NJ and YSJ didn't know.  She says the chairman is who gave both of them their lives and education.  She thanks NJ for making the grandpa happy and smiling, which she was seeing for the first time in 30 years.  She says she will figure out what she will do next. The ajussi uses this as another reason why NJ should just stay there, saying NJ is affecting the livelihood of many people.

- NJ hears the staff talking about the company facing stormy weather. They are worried about the layoffs (that SU started in the last episode).  The woman asks, "what will happen to them? They'll be fired?"... They feel bad for the employees at the factory etc.  NJ has a look of concern on his face.

- SH walks in saying a nice "Namjin-kun!" (that endearing "kun" suffix surprised me).  She is all nice to him.  He says he was there to tell Atty Heo something.  She requests him to see her in her office after that.

- NJ gives a resignation letter.  Atty Heo asks again if he won't change his mind. NJ says no. Then CJ (Cheong San, so let us call him CJ) takes it.  Then NJ asks about the layoffs, and CJ confirms it.  Not what the chairman would've wanted.  NJ is concerned about what would happen to those families. CJ says it can't be stopped.  NJ says CJ should stop it, as the CEO. CJ says he is only a temporary CEO holding the chairman's shares.  He doesn't have the power to do this - "Now that you aren't taking up on the chairman's wishes, I have to leave it to SU.  It's depressing, but I can do nothing but watch".  The smart lawyer uses this to put some guilt into NJ -"are you going to just let this happen?".  Of all people, NJ recalls the ajussi saying that he is affecting the livelihood of many.  It is making him think again.

- SU tells MS that the partnership with MinHan is over. All deals with MH are off. MS pleads his case. SU says it is MS and his daughter SJ who are pushing HyunKang away. [THE END]

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Seems like SU is already causing NJ trouble going by the preview also someone in the hospital?,but it looks like SJ will be there for him

SU and NJ butt heads over JA's whereabouts, but SU isn't yet causing trouble for NJ. He is giving serious trouble to MS though.  It looks like MS has caught YS' brother for the money issue.   The one in the hospital is JinA.  We hear the Ajussi(?) yelling to NJ "I saw JA", and NJ is at the hospital front desk saying he is a hometown friend by the name Yang NamJin and that JA will definitely see him.  He is shown forcing his way into SU's office and asking where JA is (which must be before running to the hospital) and SU saying that he doesn't have to tell NJ.  But the bad thing is that SJ is out of options and goes to HyunKang, seemingly to see SH, after she hears from the dad that the deals with HK are off.  The secretary calls SH and she says, "say I am not here", and then SJ says that she will wait till she returns.  I am not liking the sound of it, but I guess NJ will come to her help soon.

Here is the E18 peview blurb from KBS - 궁지에 몰린 만석(홍요섭)의 회사에 또 다른 문제가 터지고, 승주(서효림)는 아버지를 돕기 위해 수희(김혜리)를 찾아간다. 남진(박윤재)은 시우(강태성)에게 진아(진예솔)의 소식을 묻고 둘 사이엔 팽팽한 긴장감이 흐르는데...

Translation: As MS' embattled company faces yet another problem, SJ goes to see SH to help out her father.  As NJ asks SU for news on JA, tight tension develops in the relationship between the two.

@jayakris- thanks for the recap, as always.

SiU hates rejection and forces himself on SJ as a warning to her that he owns his world.  I want to see a firmer SJ when dealing with SiU.  And I hope she don't make a mistake by helping the enemy.  I can already foresee war between 2 women - YS and SH.  Of course, SH will always be where MS is because she is after the MinHan group and YS will not like it.

What I understood from the raws with limited understanding:

- Golddigger and her brother were found by SJ dad for the embezzlement. The brother confessed and I believe this is how SIU wants to get the shares.

- lollipop guy and JA roommate meeting to celebrate I guess for the contest winner cuz JA shows up at the end and she doesn't look happy at all.

- SIU mom making plans to change the interior of gramps house???? Did NJ agreed to give the house to her? If so, she can kiss goodbye to her plans.

- NJ got a wake up call after his argument with SIU and asked SJ at the end if she thinks he will do a good job. 

Preview shows SJ taking NJ home and SH questioning her about it. SIU and JA enjoying a drink maybe for the contest winner. Someone coming to NJ house and asking for help. 

7-A3-CFD0-E-F4-E6-4128-8-B6-F-E28-D86758

I love it anytime anyone is having/ sharing a secret conversation ,there is always someone eavesdropping that can hear every word no matter where they are , What a dump brother the gold digger bless with :D

It’s  bad week for SJ’s father .He seem shuttered Poor thing he isn’t enjoying his honeymoon at all

that what he got for marrying against his daughter blessing (karma ):lol:

SUI has no shame and only interested in doing what she want ( was she hit by car ) couldn’t remember the grandfather house not Hers . SUI and SU they need to stop running like crazy chicken and ploting .NJ nearly losing his patience never they heard DON’T POKE THE PEAR .

thanks @lu09

Ep 18 recap (till 18:30)

- SU is leaving MinHan after seeing MS and overhears somebody talking on the phone - "what? Go SeonGyu?".. (That is YS's brother. Let's call him SG). He is asking for proof, before they catch the boss' brother in law. From what he says, SU gets an idea that SG has done something bad.

- The company guy is telling MS that somebody in the staff has handed over some fabric at throw-away price to a Chinese factory.  He said they are looking into who, but there is big financial damage.

- SH acts exceedingly sweet to NJ at her office. She says she heard he is going back to the hometown, and wanted to do something for him, as she is sad that he is leaving so soon. She wonders if she should give him the villa in Gapyeong that she just got. He politely refuses. He has no use for a villa. Just the funds the G/pa gave is more than enough. She wants to know what he will do with G/pa's house and if he will be selling it. He says he had asked lawyer to donate it to a cultural foundation. She asks if it's because of the inheritance tax. NJ says that it is one reason too.  SH says she will give that money, but just have that house in SU's name (just the name plate, not ownership, it seems). It's because SU spent so much time with G/pa there, so SU will be sad if the house is gone (liar!).  NJ agrees, saying it is of no concern for him. He also didn't want to lose the house.  She says she and SU will like to move into that house. NJ can come and stay whenever he wants.  He makes the request that Butler Heo be allowed to keep working there. DH says fine. NJ is all happy, thanks her, and says "you are such a nice person" (Argh, NJ... You idiot, idiot, idiot, idot!!!....)

- Mr. Jang meets and SH tells him that she has good news, as NJ is going to his hometown, and she and SU will move into G/pa's house. He finds it funny that NJ is not greedy at all. But she is also uneasy about NJ, and Mr. Jang says, "there you go again, with your complicated thinking".  She says NJ said she was a nice person, and asks Mr. Jang - "do you think he is right about his feeling?"

- SJ recalls NJ saying there is a woman he likes, and wonders "why not me? what is so bad about me?" and all that.  Dad calls her over to the company urgently.

- YSJ is a bit unconvinced about SH paying the inheritance tax for NJ and moving in there. Ajussi doesn't agree with her, but he also begs NJ to just stay there in Seoul. He is being an richard simmons (the drama thinks he offers us humor; but we want the dude to just go away).  Then he suddenly tells NJ - "I saw JinA".  NJ is shocked. He is surprised that YSJ also knew.

- JA sees that she has won the grand prize in the HK contest. Thrilled (Like she didn't know, even after getting the company boss to kneels down in front of her, hold her feet and do an autograph!). The room-mate Yeon Ji (YJ) calls to congratulate.  She tells her that "Mr. Bonjour" liked her work (I guess that is Mr. Jang).  She asks JA if they should call DaeSik and go out to drink to celebrate. JA asks her to skip DS. They both can go drink, but she has to go to the hospital to take care of the cast on her foot.

- NJ goes to the hospital, as the Ajussi said where he saw JA.  The front desk nurse says they cannot give out the details on any patient.  He asks her to instead call JA and pass the phone to him. The nurse says she is too busy now to do that.

- The doc says she should keep the cast a bit longer, but agrees to take it off, as she says she can't start going to work with that on.  She walks out like her foot is all fine. The cast is gone, but she keeps the autograph on it.  The nurse told him that somebody came looking for her. Somebody with an old-fashioned name. JA asks if the name was NJ and she says yes.

- SJ is with MS, and is upset that SU ended the company contract due to the wedding being called off. She asks if she should call the media/press to stop the news coming out. MS says it's no use. He again asks if she can help. He is apologetic but he has no way out. She asks why SU would go this far, and puzzled at their interest in this wedding - "There is definitely something else going on here".  Then MS tells her about somebody selling their fabric to China for a dirt-cheap price.  She sees that the dad is in big trouble and agrees to go see SH.

- SG tells his sister YS that he screwed up.  He was again in some gambling trouble or something.  He says MS may not know yet but it's only a matter of time before he does. YS is worried that she might get divorced, and he says he has some plan...

- NJ forces his way into SU's office saying he wants to know something.  Does not use a honorific "yo" at the end of the line and SU gets upset at him for not keeping office decorum (what an asshat he is!!). NJ asks if that is needed among siblings.  SU says he already said he doesn't acknowledge any sibling business, and that NJ should get an appointment to come see him from now on. NJ just wants to know where JA is. SU says he cannot tell where she is. NJ shows desperation. SU: "How dare you ask for it, when you are stalking her?".  SU tells him that JA  told him that he ius a stalker, and she is sick and tired of it.  That he should never tell NJ her contacts.  NJ says SU is lying. He says he needs to personally confirm this with JA and asks for her number. SU asks him to wake up and smell the coffee. "She is avoiding you. If she is in a mood to see you, wouldn't she have done it already?".  NJ still says that she must have some reason. (For once, I like something SU did!!!) ...

- SU then yells at NJ that the company is in some crisis and that this is not the time for all this woman business.  SU: "Go back to your hometown right away. And don't show up in front of me anymore".  NJ is a bit stunned, and is apologetic that he didn't know.  He says he thought all was well, as SU is much more educated and more capable than him.  SU remains arrogant and tells him that this was the last chance for NJ.  He won't tolerate all this anymore (WTF. It's not like NJ did anything here!)

Ep 18 recap. Part 2 after 18:30

- YS and SG see MS and SG is on his knees apologizing.  MS says it's all her fault for not keeping him in line. They give some BS that he did it because of a friend's loan-shark debt. YS says SG knows his fault and was going to drown himself to death in the Han River (a lie that shocked even SG. Haha), and that she just pulled him out of there. SG pulls out sleeping pills like he is going to kill himself now (sleeping pills is the option that I always wonder Koreans would take, as walking into the Han River and dying is not easy!).  They keep begging to pardon him just once.  MS is distraught (well, if he had any brain cells he wouldn't be in this shape).

- SH is happy that SU already threatened MS. He tells her about the latest issue at MinHan. A staff guy sold off fabrics for a big loss. And it is MS' brother in law. She says she knew it. But for the shares matter, they wouldn't even be dealing with such a senseless guy like MS. SU says they will make use of all this.  SH says she will be making some interior re-decorations at G/pa's house, that is now theirs.  Her secretary calls to say that SJ wants to see her. SH: "Tell her I'm not here". SU asks why. SH says it is to give SJ a lesson. She screwed up big, so if she is forgiven too easily, she will only keep repeating it.  SH says she will have to see Atty Heo, as some things need to be settled.

- NJ is sitting at the company lobby, seemingly in depression.  SJ tells the receptionist that she will wait but is told that SH won't be back today, and that SJ should get an appointment and come later.  She sees NJ.

- SH tells CS (the lawyer) about the house becoming SU's address. She has fixed it up with NJ. CS says he will check with NJ and take care of it.  She also says she will move in there once NJ leaves. CS is surprised. She says NJ had asked her to let Butler Heo stay there, but SH is a bit uncomfortable with it. She wants CS to talk to his sister and let her know that SH will look for some other place for her.  SH calls Mr. Jang and asks him to go somewhere with her.

- DaeSik is at a restaurant, and YeonJi joins him. She tells him that he eats like nobody else she knows.  (Damn, I am hungry, I love those grilled pork places in Korea!!).  She sees a sign that there is free Soju for those who put up things on social media. She takes a video of DS totally enjoying the food. She uploads it, and gets her free Soju.  She then tells DS that JA won her contest. YJ says she has set this up like DS was there by coincidence.  She wants DS to buy drinks. JA comes in, but is not pleased.  She just leaves. DS still says: "that is really JA's charm".

- NJ and JS are at at roadside stall, drinking, too.  Let me just translate this chat quickly.  I will check later if I didn't get it all perfectly.

SJ: "They say that somebody without a goal, will be a free bird.. But why am I not free?".
NJ: "Tell me about it".
SJ: "Those with a goal, won't be shaken, they say".
NJ: "Then why do I shake even with a small breeze?"
SJ: "Perhaps our goals are all wrong?".
NJ: "I guess that's possible too".
SJ: "As the wedding is off, HK has ended the contract with our company"
NJ: "What?"
SJ: "I wanted to work passionately, and be in love passionately. Was that such a mistake?"
NJ: "G/pa had once asked me what my dream was. I said I just wanted to live in a house with people I love. But he asked what comes after that. And I hadn't thought of what comes then. In what way I would live with those I love, and what I would be doing... Whether to farm, or catch fish, or whatnot... I had never thought of it"
SJ: "That can happen as you go along..."
NJ: "My giving up on trying to be the successor at HK, was not really doing anything great. In truth, I did it out of fear.  I was afraid about losing to others due to my incomptence."
SJ: "Namjin-ssi"
NJ: "But, you know... It seems I can no longer run away.  Even if I fall and get shattered, I wonder if I shouldn't make an attempt. If I go for a diehard fight, won't I be free from the small creek I live in, and be in the ocean?... Tell me, SeungJu-ssi. Will I be able to do this well? [THE END]

Just now, dramaninja said:

My hate for SW grows.

Also he has zero place to talk down to NJ about women when he just assaulted SJ.

--- and my disappointment in NJ ignorance is growing too.  I can  already see how NJ is going to be blinded by his love for JA.  He is so stupid to give away something  that the grandpa, who did everything just to look for him - he is so naïve to be conned by SH.  Didn't he already heard enough from grandpa himself  and the lawyer?  I hope SJ becomes a strong force for him to understand well what is going on as far as the business he is throwing away is concerned.

15 minutes ago, viyra said:

--- and my disappointment in NJ ignorance is growing too.  I can  already see how NJ is going to be blinded by his love for JA.  He is so stupid to give away something  that the grandpa, who did everything just to look for him - he is so naïve to be conned by SH.  Didn't he already heard enough from grandpa himself  and the lawyer?  I hope SJ becomes a strong force for him to understand well what is going on as far as the business he is throwing away is concerned.

Look above he isn't running way anymore, but he is scared he has every right to act this way about all of this its realistic, no one would just accept a huge responsibility like this at all.

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

What I understood from the raws with limited understanding:

- Golddigger and her brother were found by SJ dad for the embezzlement. The brother confessed and I believe this is how SIU wants to get the shares.

- lollipop guy and JA roommate meeting to celebrate I guess for the contest winner cuz JA shows up at the end and she doesn't look happy at all.

- SIU mom making plans to change the interior of gramps house???? Did NJ agreed to give the house to her? If so, she can kiss goodbye to her plans.

- NJ got a wake up call after his argument with SIU and asked SJ at the end if she thinks he will do a good job. 

Preview shows SJ taking NJ home and SH questioning her about it. SIU and JA enjoying a drink maybe for the contest winner. Someone coming to NJ house and asking for help. 

@lu09  Yes Nj not going amy where now that he's found out Ja is close by.. I will be so happy when he gets her out of his system.. I think this is part of the reasons he didn't want to accept what G/pa left him because of Ja.. She's going to use him to no end until he finds out she has a heavy crush on Sw and has no place in her heart for him.. She's going to spell it out for him she's ion love with his half brother and never loved him..OUCH it's going to hurt him real bad destroy his heart..

I see Sw still hasn't told his mother that Sj called off they so called wedding.. I was hoping Sj gives her the breakup news.. But Sw will try and use this info gto his advantage to try abd firce her to marry him.. Leaving her waiting in the lobby like that only showing her what she'll really have to deal with if she marries him..

Sh told Nj that lame azz story all because she wanted to luve in that house.. She wants to be in Nj mother place so bad in her make believe world that everything was left to her and Sw.. She told Nj Sw was to inherit all until he showed up and this is what he don't get which ticks me off.. I have a feeling he will come up hurt or missing again before he really gets what he need to do..

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

NJ asks if that is needed among siblings.  SU says he already said he doesn't acknowledge any sibling business, and that NJ should get an appointment to come see him from now on. NJ just wants to know where JA is. SU says he cannot tell where she is. NJ shows desperation. SU: "How dare you ask for it, when you are stalking her?".  SU tells him that JA  told him that he ius a stalker, and she is sick and tired of it.  That he should never tell NJ her contacts.  NJ says SU is lying. He says he needs to personally confirm this with JA and asks for her number. SU asks him to wake up and smell the coffee. "She is avoiding you. If she is in a mood to see you, wouldn't she have done it already?".  NJ still says that she must have some reason

Thanks for the update @jayakris  As much as I hate Sw he's right keep lsying iut put for dumb Nj to get it.. Also @viyra I knew he feard becoming the company president.. He's scared of Sw and Sj but no matter what he's going to have to fight.. I( don;t get why he thought of Sw as a brother when he and Mom ses him as a maggot that got in theyrte way from day one.. I wonder what he would do when he finds out she's the reason he went missing in the first place..

I mean is NJ really acting dumb? He does not know why she acting like this at all because she wont tell him its  really annoying.He could just think she is in some type of trouble but wont tell him.If A friend I knew for so long just cut of contact with me I would wonder and  very worry as well.

I just saying this to me is not acting dumb.

Just now, dramaninja said:

Look above he isn't running way anymore, but he is scared he has every right to act this way about all of this its realistic, no one would just accept a huge responsibility like this at all.

Yes - after reading @jayakrissummary, I found out he is changing his mind (thank you @jayakrisand @dramaninja) - someone did really knocked some sense on him - that's SJ -and I hope she continue to stay by his side.  I also hope he don't lose the house to SH - at least for now, he can tell SH, with the help of the lawyer, that there was no transaction regarding the handing over of the house from NJ to SiU.

Archived