[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

1 hour ago, viyra said:

I watched until epi 10 and the whole time, I am having a hard time analyzing the SeungJoo character.  She seem to be strong at the beginning but gets taken down in a flash - especially by Choi Siu.  Choi Siu is really getting in my nerves - he is so commanding.  And why the hell can't SJ make it clear to him that she is not interested in him and no engagement nor marriage is going to happen?

Well, she has been really clear with him that she doesn't feel anything for him.  The guy keeps arguing with cerebral logic that it doesn't matter in a marriage if the two people respect each other and understand each other.  She disagrees with him, but what else can she do?  It is not like she has another boyfriend or anything, and she can see that there are some positive in the guy too.  He is good looking, confident, and successful.  He has been there whenever she needed him, so far.  Like staying around to quietly to take her home when she was drunk.  He has been straight-forward with her too, that he is only finding her to be a nice and pretty younger-sister-like friend.  Then, just when she was pretty much ready to just cut him off, her father causes confusion and she realized that only SW can help her out of it, as the one guy who has a hold on her dad.  So she agreed to at least give dating a chance.  But generally I feel that SJ is not a "non-conformist rebel" type.  She is strong and seems to be not shy to be herself and express herself (at least when it comes to fashion, and in speaking her mind), but doesn't seem to be the type who disagrees with everything traditional, and she is certainly not disrespectful to anybody.  She takes people for what they are, and what they show and tell her.  Siu has not given her much to hate him, so she is friendly to him so far...  But that is going to change soon as she learns more about him!

Don't worry; she is not going to agree to a marriage.  The teaser clip of the drama, which seems to have scenes from the first dozen or so episodes, shows that SiU will indeed back-stab her and take her to her dad's wedding without warning her.  The first instance of her getting a sense of the guy's true colors.  The scene shows her biting him and finishing things off!!   I mean, she literally bites him on his wrist. Haha.   I am looking forward to that scene, which I think will come in the next 2-3 episodes.

1 hour ago, viyra said:

Does Choi SiU even know  he is an illegitimate son?  Why is he eager on inheriting the wealth of the old man? 

Yes, he knows that he is an illegitimate son, as his mother has told him that she was in love with YeongGyu who then had to get married to another woman (for family business reasons), after she was pregnant with Siu.  Now, some of us have a suspicion that Siu might not be YeongGyu's son, because of the grandpa's coldness to him, but it looks more and more like he is YeongGyu's son, seeing the grandpa agreeing to change his last name from Choi to An.  But there maybe more to that story....

1 hour ago, viyra said:

I have a feeling there was something between SW mom and Mr. Lee.  Mr. Lee couldn't take his eyes off her when he saw her at the gate and while she was driving off.  It took me back to epi. 1 where Mr. Lee mistook another lady to be his SeungHi.

Could he be SW's real dad?  Plus - unlike  NJ, SW doesn't have any resemblance at all to YG.

Not much has been given to us about Mr. Lee and why he is even in the drama.  He was in one of the very first scenes, and I am still puzzled about why the drama showed him looking for his lost daughter right at the start, and has not given us anything further on it in the first 10 episodes.  All we know is what we heard i the first episode that the woman he loved took off with somebody rich to China.  Who/where is the girl whose picture he was looking at, in Ep1??   Nobody in the drama fits the girl and nothing so far indicates any story line of connection to Mr.Lee's old flame lady, and his missing daughter SeonHui.

I don't think there is any connection between him and Siu's mother, SuHui.  If they have known each other before, she would show some reaction.  Nothing seemed to strike her.   The teaser clip shows that he tries to make a fool of himself with SuHui and Siu, singing a song for her or something...  Maybe just an attempt by the drama to inject some humor, which is not working!

1 hour ago, viyra said:
On 11/6/2018 at 12:33 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The male lead is handsome, I like his haircut :D

He looks exactly like his actress sister, Chae Rim. 

I didn't know that he was Chae Rim's younger brother. Hmm...  I guess Chae Rim doesn't use her last name "Park"... Yes, they do have a lot of similarities!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jayakris- thanks for your comments.

Yes, Nam Jin is the younger brother of Chae Rim, who is now very popular in China and married to a Chinese/Taiwanese actor.  I first saw Park Hyun Jae or Nam Jin in New Tales of Gisaeng and from another 100+ episodes recently concluded drama.

22 hours ago, sava2sava said:

My mind is set on the driver that G/pa was talking about in one of his moments..  I back to don't why but my mind keeps wondering back to him.. He could be involved in all of this.. This could be where NJ adopted mom man came in at.. But all and all I still thinks she had somethung to do with NJ going missing just a day after his birth.. She knew if the child ever made it home she wouldn't get another chance to have something done to him..  Finally to your last comment my mind keeps leading back to SW being the old drivers son child..

I'm still trying to figure out what driver you are talking about...  Went over the episodes quickly once more, and did not find anything.  In which episode was this mentioned??

On 11/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, jayakris said:

I'm still trying to figure out what driver you are talking about...  Went over the episodes quickly once more, and did not find anything.  In which episode was this mentioned??

On 11/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, Ameera Ali said:

That ridiculous

Are we supposed to sympathise with her now, just because she was SINCERE while raising NJ . Seriously ,full salute .Another drama shy about highlighting the seriesness of raising baby and never reporting it to police .if I didn’t know better I would think it’s normal thing . How come she didn’t know her ex is shady ?

Sorry guy' for the late respinse been busy with the holiday coming up here in the states..

@Ameera Ali  This is the reason I said she lived in those small fishing communities.. She had admitted herself that he was no good and someone could be looking for him.. I still don't think the excuse she have to G/pa is a legit enough for her to be excused.. Granted she could have been distraught over the death of her son plus going through post partum stress snydrome, At some point she came out of it and she never planned to return NJ.. Just as G/pa said they offered rewards sent out private investigators everything I think her plan was to have NJ to take care of her as he's doing now.. She kept NJ as a reward for being with the looser EX she had..  NJ adopted Mom only gave G/pa very Little info on him as if she still trying to protect him.. I have no sympathy for her at all she don't deserved some kind of reward for raising a child thats not hers to me she's more guilty then the EX she was with. She's also a kidnapper..

On 11/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, viyra said:

Does Choi SiU even know  he is an illegitimate son?  Why is he eager on inheriting the wealth of the old man?  And I hope the Nam Jin character changes to a bolder one -- him being too positive hasn't clicked on me yet.  And I hope they don't axe the old man yet - I want to see the old man battle it against the conceited Choi Siu.

@viyra  If you watch episode 10 again when NJ was driving him back from Halmoni grave he talk about his old driver and the drivers son

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:
On 11/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, viyra said:

@viyra  If you watch episode 10 again when NJ was driving him back from Halmoni grave he talk about his old driver and the drivers son

Actually it was me asking for that; not @viyra.  I just watched that scene again, and do not see him mentioning the driver.  In the car, he first he thinks, in his old memory-state, that NJ was NJ's dad, and says to him, "Yeong Gyu... You are on your way to go meet her, right? Why are you meeting that viper of a woman?"... Then he flips to yet another later memory-state and thinks that NJ is SW... He says,  "Siu-ah, Siu-ah... Be careful driving the car.  Have you forgotten how your dad died?"...  

That was not about a driver and his son.  It was about NJ's dad and his son SW.   Maybe you misunderstood that part?  (I also had to rewind a couple of times at first, as he flips between multiple memory-states and it was all confusing)

By the way, this was another scene where I felt that the grandpa did not think that SW was not his grandson.  Because, even in his semi-conscious state, he only said "your dad" to SW (about YeongGyu).

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@Ameera Ali  This is the reason I said she lived in those small fishing communities.. She had admitted herself that he was no good and someone could be looking for him.. I still don't think the excuse she have to G/pa is a legit enough for her to be excused.. Granted she could have been distraught over the death of her son plus going through post partum stress snydrome, At some point she came out of it and she never planned to return NJ.. Just as G/pa said they offered rewards sent out private investigators everything I think her plan was to have NJ to take care of her as he's doing now.. She kept NJ as a reward for being with the looser EX she had..  NJ adopted Mom only gave G/pa very Little info on him as if she still trying to protect him.. I have no sympathy for her at all she don't deserved some kind of reward for raising a child thats not hers to me she's more guilty then the EX she was with. She's also a kidnapper..

Yes I agree with u .... her story didn’t add up to me I don’t understand why someone horrible like her ex, would bring baby to her because he feel sorry for her and leave next day and she never once think to look for him or to ask him ( crazy woman she even never think it’s could be her ex child from other woman ) I think ex enjoying blackmailing money somewhere,He most be getting money all this years to keep child unknown to grandfather. He will crawling from when he hide when the money stop because grandfather find NJ.

37 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes I agree with u .... her story didn’t add up to me I don’t understand why someone horrible like her ex, would bring baby to her because he feel sorry for her and leave next day and she never once think to look for him or to ask him ( crazy woman she even never think it’s could be her ex child from other woman ) I think ex enjoying blackmailing money somewhere,He most be getting money all this years to keep child unknown to grandfather. He will crawling from when he hide when the money stop because grandfather find NJ.

She certainly has a lot of explaining to do, whatever her excuses are (losing a baby, post-partum stress, etc).  She said the loser guy had told her that it was his relatives' baby; but that the parents had died - and the latter part was indeed true.   Maybe he lied well enough with a good story on who the relatives were, and convinced her that there was nobody to care for the baby, etc.  I guess a less-educated young woman might buy some good lie like that, and would probably not think of informing the police.  But at the same time, she herself said that she was feeling guilty all along, so she knew, at least later, that she should inform the police and start looking for the family of the child.  She froze the moment the grandpa said he could call the police, so she also knew later that she was committing a crime.

Anyway, I also don't like the drama making light of the crime of keeping a child away from the child's family (just like the last drama in this slot).

[By the way, @Ameera Ali, would you mind turning off the bold font at the top of the typing box when you type your posts?  I think it's a little easier on the eye for the readers.  That is, unless you want to stress some specific part and make it bold, which is all fine... Just a suggestion.  Not a huge deal :)]

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I still cant get over NJ already knowing everything this is really crazy and  very rare.

SO that was not a major plot point but I guess fighting and keeping his position is going to be a difficult process.

Same here.  I was surprised (and glad) to see that the secret was not kept away from NJ.  The earliest that we have seen a birth-secret being all cleared up in a drama.  So, yeah, I guess the plot could all be just business and romance fights among the 4 leads who are all in the same business of clothes and fashion.

SW’s mom where she get money to buy all the shares to over take company when grandfather talk about her I get feeling she coming from a poor background  maybe tshe inherited some money from Nj’ father 

I don’t think grandfather giving all that money to her when he not giving his family name 

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

SW’s mom where she get money to buy all the shares to over take company when grandfather talk about her I get feeling she coming from a poor background

This is also a puzzle that I was wondering about.  How come SuHui and SiU own so many shares in the company, enough to become a majority shareholder with 7% shares of MinHan??    I assume the grandpa has not given them any shares.  I have to assume that SiU, who said he had brought the company back from near-bankruptcy, managed to build his own shares during that process.  But we have not been told anything.   It is pretty clear that SH wasn't rich to start with, or the grandpa would not have forced YG to marry a chaebol woman, rather than SH whom he loved.  For now, I am assuming that SH was probably a secretary or designer in the company when she was in love with YG, and that she later moved up in the company with some manipulations of her own, and perhaps some help from her son later too.

[By the way, I am going to use SiU or SU rather than SW from now on, in my posts.  I hate the "Woo" usage for the "oo" (우) sound in Korean.  I was using it because the unofficial subbers always use the old Romanization of Korean names, and didn't want to confuse the readers who were seeing those subs.  The Korean ministry had made clear guidelines on how names should be written, and they have been in effect for over 15 years now.  Time to drop the "woo" and "young" and all that.  Thankfully the official KBSWorld subs are using the proper Romanization for the names, like YeongGyu and SiU]

15 minutes ago, jayakris said:

This is also a puzzle that I was wondering about.  How come SuHui and SiU own so many shares in the company, enough to become a majority shareholder with 7% shares of MinHan??    I assume the grandpa has not given them any shares.  I have to assume that SiU, who said he had brought the company back from near-bankruptcy, managed to build his own shares during that process.  But we have not been told anything.   It is pretty clear that SH wasn't rich to start with, or the grandpa would not have forced YG to marry a chaebol woman, rather than SH whom he loved.  For now, I am assuming that SH was probably a secretary or designer in the company when she was in love with YG, and that she later moved up in the company with some manipulations of her own, and perhaps some help from her son later too.

[By the way, I am going to use SiU or SU rather than SW from now on, in my posts.  I hate the "W" usage for the "oo" (우) sound in Korean.  I was using it because the unofficial subbers always use the old Romanization of Korean names, and didn't want to confuse the readers who were seeing those subs.  The Korean ministry had made clear guidelines on how names should be written, and they have been in effect for over 15 years now.  Time to drop the "woo" and "young" and all that.  Thankfully the official KBSWorld subs are using the proper Romanization for the names, like YeongGyu and SiU]

Yes it could be as u said but about the son 

didnt grand father said something about his son not interested in company or working with him .That he wanted to be a director so I thought first maybe he meet her outside the company 

she could be daughter of maid or driver 

I was quite surprised that as early as now NJ already knows his true identity..seems like there will be a lot of twists  in this drama to last until ep 120. Hope it will continue it's fast paced storytelling and not become boring in the middle. So far im impressed with the story and actors

I don't really like Jin Ah something is fishy about her, i can't quite figure out her personality i'm sensing she has some evilness in her especially in getting what she wants. I think there will be a conflict between her and SJ when it comes to the fashion and designing industry. 

2 hours ago, mamanijared said:

I don't really like Jin Ah something is fishy about her, i can't quite figure out her personality i'm sensing she has some evilness in her especially in getting what she wants. I think there will be a conflict between her and SJ when it comes to the fashion and designing industry. 

Yeah, she is tough to figure out.  I think the drama is setting her up as a victim of circumstances, to give an excuse for how she will behave later.  Probably not out-and-out evil like JE in SAT, but one who does less-than-noble things, while she tells herself that she is doing it all out of revenge towards the world that has been unfair to her.  So I also expect, that she will become a thorn on SJ's and NJ's side and will keep causing them trouble within the fashion business.  She will get a sympathetic ear from SiU in what she does, as he is also filled with feelings of revenge.

8 hours ago, jayakris said:

Actually it was me asking for that; not @viyra.  I just watched that scene again, and do not see him mentioning the driver.  In the car, he first he thinks, in his old memory-state, that NJ was NJ's dad, and says to him, "Yeong Gyu... You are on your way to go meet her, right? Why are you meeting that viper of a woman?"... Then he flips to yet another later memory-state and thinks that NJ is SW... He says,  "Siu-ah, Siu-ah... Be careful driving the car.  Have you forgotten how your dad died?"...  

That was not about a driver and his son.  It was about NJ's dad and his son SW.   Maybe you misunderstood that part?  (I also had to rewind a couple of times at first, as he flips between multiple memory-states and it was all confusing)

By the way, this was another scene where I felt that the grandpa did not think that SW was not his grandson.  Because, even in his semi-conscious state, he only said "your dad" to SW (about YeongGyu).

@jayakris  My Bad.. Thanks for clarifying this scene for me, Because I really thought he was talking about someone else..

Which leads me to think that who ever came and took NJ away was somebody they all fimilar with at that time..  

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Ameera Ali  He got paid a huge chunk of change from the start.. He told whomever that paid him they never ever has to worry about the baby anymore because he's dead he'll never surface.. Now the money should have ran out I think he'll be back for more..  He'll start trying to make contact with NJ adopted Mom (kidnapper # 2) And the person that hired him.. I still thinks this is all SH doing.. SH may have thought as long as the child is gone he would divorce his wife and she'll be the next Mdm to the company.. But her plan backfired.. He Died..

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I still cant get over NJ already knowing everything this is really crazy and  very rare.

SO that was not a major plot point but I guess fighting and keeping his position is going to be a difficult process.

@dramaninja  NJ don't have to fight to keep his position it's going to be SW that will have to fight because NJ will out smart him.. He's going tp think just ecause he's got some degree from school NJ is a dummy.. NJ hardships in life and the way he deakls with everyday people will show SW that he knows nothing about business or people far as that matters goes..

G/pa needs to introduce NJ to his mom side of the family they was also pretty well off..

As for how SH got the money she probably stole copany designs and everything else.. We will find out how much of a good girl she really is..

18 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

At a glance without subs nothing interesting seem to have happen today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5BdYIG39c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBraWIRV-w

I could be very wrong of course lol

@dramaninja  There was 3 key points that happen today.

1 SW knows NJ knows JA and he desperate to find her.

2. JA husband has found her by finding the person she lives with.

3. SJ dad mistress has went and redecorated the house and threw her Mom photos in the trush..

I think or moving alone just fine.. I don't like the fact NJ so called business partner is to smitten with SH and will be a threat to NJ plans.. He standing out front serenading her in front of the business.. The way she look at him he so out of her league.. Also from the looks of things.. I don't know if she's trying to come in and take the house over or what, Whatever G/pa said to her and SW threw in his father from the preview..  I'll be happy when NJ find his footing in all this and stop worrying about JA.. She is his weakness. SW weakness will be SJ..  SW needs her dad shares..

Also JA may as well get rid of her troubles on her on.. All she has to do is threaten lollipop boy or move.. I don't get how NJ couldn't think to contat the personnel office for info on her..  

Also SJ dad mistress dressing like it's after 5 pm with her cocktail jacket on.. I don't know who her designer is but fire her..SMH

Well I need subs to comment more or wait for @jayakris update

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Just started watching.  The first scene had SiU asking why all these people were at home and then getting  angry that NJ and the lawyer should've known not to take the grandpa all the way to his wife's grave, in his health condition.  The lawyer says he had no choice as the grandpa said it would be his last visit there.  Then NJ's mom yells at SiU that he is rude, and that they hadn't asked to stay there.  After she leaves, NJ tells SiU that grandpa has been so lonely for so long and wanted some family-like people around.  When he asked if SiU ever wondered why grandpa was so lonely, and if he has ever even known what kind of food the grandpa likes and what music he likes, SiU did seem to be taken aback though.  Then he goes in and the grandpa says, "Choe SuHui send you, right?... to kill me, right?  You won't poison me, right?" (EDITED/Fixed.  I heard one word wrong and had this line wrong earlier.  The subs have it right.  This makes sense).   The grandpa then thinks NJ is his dad YeongGyu and tells him to get rid of SiU, saying he is scared of other people.  NJ tells him, "who can poison you, when I am here taking care of you?".  Then when the grandpa asks, "so there was no poisoning?", NJ tells him that it is SiU, his grandson.  Then the grandpa says "no, he is not my grandson.  Send him out. I'm scared".

We see that SiU is pretty mad at what the grandpa did, as he leaves, and we see a bit later that he remembers what the grandpa said about poisoning when he was with his mom, before lying to her that all was fine with his grandpa visit.  Then he asks the mom if she knew what kind of food and music the grandpa liked.  She doesn't know either.  Then he repeats to her what NJ said, that living together and laughing and crying together is what a family is.  He tells his mom in a sad mood, that he has no memory of any such things.  The mom apologizes and he asks why she has to, as she is a victim too.  He then says he wants to get married and have a baby first, to fill the house with some baby laughter.

Thank you for the short recap @jayakris-  so SiU is not so bad at all - he's a little softie in the inside - that is why he has that stance regarding love and marriage.  I am guessing he would investigate the 'poisoning matter' himself. 

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@dramaninja  There was 3 key points that happen today.

1 SW knows NJ knows JA and he desperate to find her.

2. JA husband has found her by finding the person she lives with.

3. SJ dad mistress has went and redecorated the house and threw her Mom photos in the trush..

I think or moving alone just fine.. I don't like the fact NJ so called business partner is to smitten with SH and will be a threat to NJ plans.. He standing out front serenading her in front of the business.. The way she look at him he so out of her league.. Also from the looks of things.. I don't know if she's trying to come in and take the house over or what, Whatever G/pa said to her and SW threw in his father from the preview..  I'll be happy when NJ find his footing in all this and stop worrying about JA.. She is his weakness. SW weakness will be SJ..  SW needs her dad shares..

Also JA may as well get rid of her troubles on her on.. All she has to do is threaten lollipop boy or move.. I don't get how NJ couldn't think to contat the personnel office for info on her..  

Also SJ dad mistress dressing like it's after 5 pm with her cocktail jacket on.. I don't know who her designer is but fire her..SMH

So, SJ dad girlfriend re-decorated their house?  Does this mean they got married?  Oh well - there's gonna be some war coming up in that household soon.

So, there was nothing else too substantial over what all of you can see, except the grandpa's fear of poisoning (clearly an indication that some poisoning had happened or was going to happen in the past).  Just a few other things.

- Looks like SiU is really taking a liking for JA.  He called and cancelled her briefing (as he took her to the hospital) and asked them to email her the material.  She can call anytime if she needed clarifications.  She was very thankful.  He then said he saw "urgency" (or "desperation") in her eyes, which he likes, and wished her well for showing that desperation in a good design submission in the contest.

- SJ was sitting and remembering how SH was telling her about how lonely she and her son had been, and how she looked forward to SJ changing that.  Then she wonders "heck, I only said I would try... isn't this like a marriage?".  Then she gets a text from SiU that she needs to accompany him this Saturday to a wedding of "somebody important to HyunKang".  He wanted her to get used to such occasions, and need her to be dressed like the "reserve owner of HK".  She doesn't know what to think of it all.

- NJ said to SiU that the woman he was looking for, in the phone picture, was a "special friend"... We will see what SiU does with the info.

The blurb with the preview for Ep 12 - 수희(최수희)는 안회장(남일우)에게 식사를 대접하려다 노여움만 사고, 두 사람 사이에서 남진(박윤재)은 난처해진다. 시우(강태성)는 승주(서효림)를 데리고 어느 호텔로 향하는데...

Translation:  "SH tries a meal treat for Chmn An but buys only his anger, and NJ is in an awkward position due to the relationship between the two. SiU picks up SJ and heads to a hotel".  

The preview video had SJ's dad saying to SJ (in his mind) that she will someday understand him. Probably about duping her in the wedding matter.  It looks like SH tries to give the Chmn some food and he reacts with some poison fear, probably.  SiU tells the grandpa - "my father died because of you, grandpa".  Looks like the lollypop boy found JA's roommate, and JA heard that from the roommate.  Looks like the gold-digger threw away SJ's mom's pictures.

=================

Edited the poisoning line in my post above.  The subs have it right.  I heard one word wrong, and was puzzled because the line didn't really make sense to me.  My fault.  The grandpa thought that SiU was somebody that SuHui sent to poison his food/water.  There is definitely something that happened before that makes him think that SH might poison him.

Archived