[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

11 hours ago, jayakris said:

Back to the drama,

19 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Ok Sw last name is Choi and not Ahn he doesn't wear his dad last name.. I;m beginning to believe more and more his mom had something to do with NJ coming up missing.. I think Sw don';t know the full story about whats going on she's been feeding him half truths all these years..  Sw thinks the family name will die out once G/pa dies.. Boy these two are in for a rude awakening.

The mom has been bringing this up again and again. She tried to ask the grandpa in the previous episode and got brushed off too. You are right that SW has no idea about what exactly happened back when the grandpa kicked out SW's dad and mom.  She seems to be claiming that they changed the names then, and that is what SW believes.  But we have seen enough dramas to know that NO grandpa chairman ever insists on that with a grandson, especially  the only grandson.  The grandpa clearly knows that SW is not his grandson, and that is why.  It seems that SW's mom is not aware of what the grandpa is aware of, though.  Otherwise, she would not have the guts to ask the grandpa to have SW's last name changed to Ahn.   She most probably had an affair with somebody and had SW, and the grandpa knows it.  That is why he is cold to SW.   I'm pretty sure that is what's going on.

19 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Now it seems that lawyer is involved in ths.. SW mom is under him is these two related or what.. Is Sw his child ? Did mom give the lawyer the boot after she was able to hookup with the other son.. 

Not sure what the story is, but the lawyer is clearly connected to whatever happened back then.  The way he behaves, almost in a guilty manner (like when he said to the grandpa that finding NJ was "something he had to do"), he had some part in how NJ went missing right after his birth.  But since there is no line connecting the lawyer and SW's mom in the relationship chart, I assume there is no direct relation.  But both were involved in whatever happened.  That much is a good guess for us to make.

@jayakris  After watching todays episode.. Something I thought about yesterday seems to been what happen back then..  I thought G/pa had two son when he only had one and SW mom was married to NJ dad.. Now I'm beginning to believe they weren't even married..  I believe she claimed to have gotten pregnant by him when she probably was already pregnant..  G/pa is very much aware of Sw not his G/son..

When it comes to the lawyer I just can't figure out what part could he have played in all this..

Wow Sw just broke out and told G/pa that him and SJ was getting married.. He didn't tell him who daughter she is though..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

After watching todays episode.. Something I thought about yesterday seems to been what happen back then..  I thought G/pa had two son when he only had one and SW mom was married to NJ dad.. Now I'm beginning to believe they weren't even married..  I believe she claimed to have gotten pregnant by him when she probably was already pregnant..  G/pa is very much aware of Sw not his G/son..

About to watch today's episode, but I just noticed one thing in the relationship chart.   The grandpa only had ONE son, Ahn Yeong Gyu.  That son is connected to both NJ's mom, Kim So Yeong (shown as 정략결혼 = marriage of convenience) and SW's mom, Choi Su Hui.   NJ's mom is shown to be the sole daughter of another Chaebol group!! ... No marriage or love is shown but there is a line connecting Yeong Gyu and SW's mom.  So, it seems he had some sort of an affair with her, or more probably SW's mom claimed that SW is his son.   So when Su Hui told SW yesterday in the car that the grandpa kicked her and SW's dad out, she was talking about the only son of the grandpa.   Now the plot thickens more.  You can probably figure out the possibilities.

But now we find that NJ is doubly rich.  He is the grandson of this grandpa, and may be the only grandson of another Chaebol group too (if his birth mom, So Yeong, never married anybody else).  Whoa!!

On 11/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, jayakris said:

By the way, it doesn't look like these two have really dated.  When she asks why he would take trouble, he said, "we are friends, you know.  Best friends".  That may be why he didn't remember her hair color or height at the airport :)

NJ seems to like JA, he wants to "save her" as he said. I  am a bit late in watching, still in ep. 2. It is easier to follow in KBS World, it will start next week

No huge developments in today's E5.   NJ's mom has leg trouble (rheumatism, I believe), and the grandpa asked her to be brought over.   As the mom needs care too, he asked for the ajussi to come over as well, to care for her.  The interesting thing is that NJ's mom doesn't have any idea about this chaebol group or the chairman, based on her meeting him.  Neither does the chairman know her.  So, clearly she was not directly part of NJ going missing from the family. We have to guess that when she got baby NJ, she had no idea about his background.

NJ's mom hadn't heard that JA has run away, so she tries to avoid telling NJ that she was getting married right away this Saturday, though the ajussi almost blurts it out.  But she has asked the ajussi to go back to the village and get her cell phone charger and other things, so they will find out that JA has gone missing.

SJ's father asked SJ to go to the hospital and offer greetings to the chairman on his behalf.  But he seems to have set it up with SW who texts her that he will pick her up.   SJ is quite annoyed with all this.   After they had a chat in the car and he said that they have no choice in the marriage, as it is between the two companies, and she asked him how they can be in a marriage without love etc.  Then he takes another tack, and tells her that he can understand why she doesn't really want her dad to date that woman.  But what the slime ball does is to offer her a "deal", making use of it.  He will put an end to SJ's dad's dating, in return for SJ properly dating him.   The arrogant jerk tells her that his company and her dad's firm are about to sign an MOU, so her dad will have to keep good relations with him.   Man, that would have felt so infuriating for SJ to hear.  And then at the hospital, he tells the grandpa that he and SJ are getting married, and shocks her.  I would like to see what she does next week about it.

The drama has been doing very well in the ratings.  On AGB Nielsen, it had the usual initial drop that dramas have, from 17.3, to 16.7 and 14.7, but yesterday's E4 had the highest rating of 17.8 ...  1st place in the time slot for all 4 episodes.

=====

The preview blurb for Ep 6:  남진(박윤재)은 진아(진예솔)가 결혼식 전 야반도주 했다는 사실을 알게 되고, 대식(육동일)은 남진이 진아를 빼돌렸다고 오해한다. 시우(강태성)는 승주(서효림)에게 회사 공모전 심사를 부탁하는데...

Translation:  While NJ learns that JA had run away before the wedding, DaeSik mistakenly believes that NJ has taken JA away.  SW requests SJ to be a judge for an exhibition contest.

The preview video shows some woman recognizing JA at a store. SJ is again asking SW how long a love-less marriage can last, and he is again full of himself. The grandpa goes with NJ to the columbarium where YeongGyu's remains are. SuHui also goes there (and she looks like she was actually in love with him).

It looks like NJ's dad died at age 30 in 1992, based on the dates at the columbarium, so it was not long  after NJ was born.

3 hours ago, jayakris said:

After they had a chat in the car and he said that they have no choice in the marriage, as it is between the two companies, and she asked him how they can be in a marriage without love etc.  

Thanks for the highlight for today episode 

I am speechless , who die and made him king?

he become cocky With each episode :crazy: I thought he will wine and dine her at least to impress her . He didn’t got clue how to win woman heart .

Thank god SJ in the right mind to ask how their supposed marriage can survive with out love :unsure:

@jayakris  Sw is just as arrogant as they come it's going to be fun watching him getting a head spin that he never saw coming him and mom.. So yes it's most likely his mom had something to do with Nj going missing.. It's going to be fun watching him set up shop thinking it's for him and SW only to have shop setup for Nj and Sw.. G/pa will out Sj at the one boardmeeting they think will kick G/pa out and he'll be announcing his next successor NJ.. 

Glad to see NJ mom gone before lolipop boy dad goes in to try and do damage thinking that JA ran off with NJ who had left way long before JA did..  

Yes there is some interesting developement.. 

34 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Thanks for the highlight for today episode 

I am speechless , who die and made him king?

he become cocky With each episode :crazy: I thought he will wine and dine her at lest to impress her .

@Ameera Ali  It's his mom she has filled his head with all the half truths.. He has been listening to her tell him he's the only G/child of that family and she's is hell bent on having him listed in the family geneology..  

35 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

It's his mom she has filled his head with all the half truths.. He has been listening to her tell him he's the only G/child of that family and she's is hell bent on having him listed in the family geneology..  

As u said before if he is not real grand child and mother did something fishy :D

SW will do everything to stay where he is 

even if he has bloody hand .But Big Q which blood will it be :P

34 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

@jayakrisI somehow believe that these 2 girls would want to fake marry with NJ lol that would be funny.

Who wouldn’t :D

NJ is sweet ,fluffy ,dark ,with little bit of an oomph to make it exciting just like my coffee :wub:

@Ameera Ali  It would be G/pa's mom is going to find out he's the real G/son. And she'll do things behind SW back until he questions her.. Right now mom thinks that nothing or no one can be a threat to her son but the very appearance of the true heir will be a hindrance to all she has work for all these years. Now things are in her grasp and no way is she's going to sit and watch the real heir take it all.. No way will SW see NJ takes it all he's going to feel he's been with G/pa the longest even if he's never been like by G/pa he'll be damned if he let NJ take it..  Where in for a fight of all fights..NJ got to fight against mother and son.. Knowing NJ mom if she finds out Ja is in contact with NJ and if SW mom offers her a lot of money to get NJ to leave.. 

My thoughts are on how long will the Chairman keep him hidden befiore he tells him just who he is.. I mean the writer got his birth secret some what uncovered in the first week. Now the big questions are..

When will he be told ? And how thw mom he has now get him?

Boy that SW is a piece of work.. He told SH that he'll get rid of the girl because she don't fit the image of the SIL.. :o Unbeliveable.. Did I hear right was my thought I had to go back and rewatch the scene again:blink: Yes he said that..:wacko:

After hearing what the chairman told NJ about SW today, I am tempted to dial back the feeling that he knows for sure that SW is not his grandson.  He said he is cold to SW only out of concern for SW, because the guy has a revenge mentality.   But I still feel that the chairman has at least some suspicion that SW is not his grandson. 

On the other hand, seeing the preview of SW's mom visiting the columbarium, it seems she was possibly genuinely in love with Yeong Gyu, which reduces that chance that she had a son with somebody else.

Though I suspected that SH and SW were going to do something to remove the chairman right away, it seems they really aren't planning to do anything rash, but willing to wait till the grandpa passes away.  SW appears to be only planning to get enough directors on his side so as to prevent the chairman from over-ruling him on the subcontractor decisions.  The reason to get MinHan group (SJ's dads') shares on their side seems to be to make sure that SW will get to be the chairman, after the chairman passes away without making him a heir; it is not to kick him out right away.

Maybe our experiences from past dramas make us think that SH and SW are worse evil characters than they really are.  But then again, our hunches do get proven right more often than not - even if it takes time.  Once SH and SW knows that there is a challenge to the inheritance, they will surely become evil schemers like we expect them to be.

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Boy that SW is a piece of work.. He told SH that he'll get rid of the girl because she don't fit the image of the SIL.. :o Unbeliveable.. Did I hear right was my thought I had to go back and rewatch the scene again:blink: Yes he said that..:wacko:

Where was this @sava2sava?  When did he say that he will get rid of SJ? Was I not paying attention again?

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

@jayakrisI somehow believe that these 2  ladies would want to fake marry with NJ lol that would be funny.

That is a funny thought!!  I didn't realize that there are two girls facing marriage pressure, who both like NJ.  If the both start claiming that they are in love with NJ and want to marry him, we could have a whole bunch of funny scenes :)

@jayakris  SW told SJ that he'll get rid of SJ dad girlfriend because she don't fit the Son-Inlaw image.. He said that he'll talk to her dad he said he listens to him.. Boy he's to arrogant..

8 minutes ago, jayakris said:

That is a funny thought!!  I didn't realize that there are two girls facing marriage pressure, who both like NJ.  If the both start claiming that they are in love with NJ and want to marry him, we could have a while bunch of funny scenes :)

Yes this would be hilarious but don't SW supposed to be hooking up with JA who is already married on paper.. I can see SW messing with JA just to get back at NJ.. Just wait til he finds out SJ likes NJ.. This is really going to throw him for a whirlwind of hate not only did he not get what he always set out to have but he's the type to not accept rejection or losing very well.. This is going to be a big problem for him..  

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

It would be G/pa's mom is going to find out he's the real G/son. And she'll do things behind SW back until he questions her.. Right now mom thinks that nothing or no one can be a threat to her son but the very appearance of the true heir will be a hindrance to all she has work for all these years. Now things are in her grasp and no way is she's going to sit and watch the real heir take it all.. No way will SW see NJ takes it all he's going to feel he's been with G/pa the longest even if he's never been like by G/pa he'll be damned if he let NJ take it..  Where in for a fight of all fights..NJ got to fight against mother and son.. Knowing NJ mom if she finds out Ja is in contact with NJ and if SW mom offers her a lot of money to get NJ to leave.. 

My thoughts are on how long will the Chairman keep him hidden befiore he tells him just who he is.. I mean the writer got his birth secret some what uncovered in the first week. Now the big questions are..

When will he be told ? And how thw mom he has now get him?

It will be great seeing him shot down in flames  when SJ say no to the marriage .He had such a high opinion of himself and the others had mentioned his huge ego .:angry: I am not surprised he offer to get rid of the gold digger .He will go above and beyond to secure share <_<

If grandfather give everything to NJ would be legal he sick wouldn’t be easy for SW to get hold of his hospital record and say he wasn’t fit I think grand father would leave it late and complicated every thing for NJ:blink::phew:

9 minutes ago, jayakris said:

After hearing what the chairman told NJ about SW today, I am tempted to dial back the feeling that he knows for sure that SW is not his grandson.  He said he is cold to SW only out of concern for SW, because the guy has a revenge mentality.   But I still feel that the chairman has at least some suspicion that SW is not his grandson. 

On the other hand, seeing the preview of SW's mom visiting the columbarium, it seems she was possibly genuinely in love with Yeong Gyu, which reduces that chance that she had a son with somebody else.

Maybe the grandfather knew that his son maybe adopted SW after supposed death of his real son . 

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@jayakris  SW told SJ that he'll get rid of SJ dad girlfriend because she don't fit the Son-In-law image.. He said that he'll talk to her dad he said he listens to him.. Boy he's to arrogant..

Ah, I see.  I misunderstood what you wrote.  Oh yes, he said he can put an end to SJ's dad's dating.  But I don't think he is going to succeed.  The dad's girlfriend is a serious character in the drama, who gets an individual clip in the intro video, so she is not going away that easily. 

But the guy's arrogance is too much - to be telling SJ that he can have her dad dance to his tune just for business reasons!  SJ must have felt so terrible hearing him take her dad for crap.

36 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Maybe the grandfather knew that his son maybe adopted SW after supposed death of his real son .

Interesting thought.  Possible.  Maybe NJ was born and SW managed to steal the baby and dump him somewhere.  Then the dad had the reason to leave his "marriage of convenience" with his wife (NJ's birth mom), and go to SH who was his true love.   They were kicked out by the chairman and then they adopted SW.  The grandpa then knew that the adopted child is really the only legal heir, so he accommodated the child.   That would explain the cold behavior.   Whatever excuse the chairman gives, like "being concerned" for SW, I just do not see a grandpa being that cold to the lone grandson, if he was truly in the bloodline.  On the other hand, if the grandpa knew that SW was not YeongGyu's son, and that SH was playing a game, I don't think he would have tolerated the two and allowed them be in the company.  So, something like SW being adopted by YeongGyu would be a good explanation.

37 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

It will be great seeing him shot down in flames  when SJ say no to the marriage .He had such a high opinion of himself and the others had mentioned his huge ego .:angry: I am not surprised he offer to get rid of the gold digger .He will go above and beyond to secure share <_<

If grandfather give everything to NJ would be legal he sick wouldn’t be easy for SW to get hold of his hospital record and say he wasn’t fit I think grand father would leave it late and complicated every thing for NJ:blink::phew:

@Ameera Ali  From my understanding SW needs SJ dad shares to have more then G/pa this is the reasons they gathering shareholders the more that are on SW side the easier it is to kick G/pa out.. SW isn't being honest with those shareholders because from the company he wants to deal with in another country might be cheaper but all in all SW still needs a text tile company which supposedly not in Korea.. He's doing some back door wheeling and dealing but things not up to par as he clains them to be and NJ is going to come in and let those shareholders know just what SW is working on if's..

Yes you talk a a huge "EGO" He's not going to like when things don;t go his way.. This is why I said he's in for some huge blows to his ego because his arrognance is going to be his downfall.. 

6 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Ah, I see.  I misunderstood what you wrote.  Oh yes, he said he can put an end to SJ's dad's dating.  But I don't think he is going to succeed.  The dad's girlfriend is a serious character in the drama, who gets an individual clip in the intro video, so she is not going away that easily. 

But the guy's arrogance is too much - to be telling SJ that he can have her dad dance to his tune just for business reasons!  SJ must have felt so terrible hearing him take her dad for crap.

@jayakris  Now thinking back on it it's hilarious :w00t: He actual thinks everyone has to dance to his tune.. Boy his mom raised him to be a loser.. It seems he has no compassion for anyone and everything and everybody is a business deal for him.. 

53 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

SW isn't being honest with those shareholders because from the company he wants to deal with in another country might be cheaper but all in all SW still needs a text tile company which supposedly not in Korea.. He's doing some back door wheeling and dealing but things not up to par as he clains them to be and NJ is going to come in and let those shareholders know just what SW is working on if's

It seems that the company (which is still only building a factory in Vietnam and has no factories in Korea) was selected because their parent company is an investment firm.  He seems to have got the investment firm to do a kickback investment in the new brand.  Depending on how it was done, it could be illegal, and trouble for HyunKang group.  If he selected that company over existing subcontractors who also sent in bids (but weren't investing in HyunKang), I think it will be illegal.  Even if it is done in a way to avoid legal troubles, the selection of a start-up subcontractor could be trouble when they need to launch the product (clothes, I suppose).  He seems to have not told anybody this, like you say.  So it is misleading the shareholders and directors.

The thing I liked most is that they showed that NJ was a business major.  Though he told the grandpa that he is not the over-ambitious type, and just wants to live in a nice home in the country (with a loving wife, Mom and Ajussi, and grow vegetables, haha!),  it gives the grandpa and us quite a bit of confidence that he can take SW on, if needed.   For me, that piece of news on his degree was the best.  I would've felt awkward in seeing a village simpleton suddenly becoming a rival to an experienced business guy like SW.

After a week, we are nicely set up with all kinds of possibilities and a good ride in store.

14 hours ago, girrlit said:

oh my, just watched ep4, that SW is a complete asshat. I don't know how the fl didn't hit him over the head with the bottle.

Yeah, that's the word.  Asshat.  That's what he is.  And now I know that soompi's automatic curse-word filter doesn't make "asshat" into "richardsimmons-hat".   Nice to know :)

Archived