[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

Just started watching today's Episode 4.  Looks like both the grandpa and SJ are just fine, after our man took them to the hospital.  I'm having a good laugh seeing the two lying in the hospital with NJ as the guardian.  And then he is basically like he has already fallen in love with SJ -- looking at her, admiring how she is sleeping nicely, and patting her to continue to sleep.   Which guy needs a grandpa when you have a pretty woman to look at?  Haha... :)

I really loved how the leads hit it off at the hospital, as she called him out of the chairman's room, wanting to pay him back for the CT scan and emergency room expenses.  He says it was his fault for not knowing the new car's wiper controls (the car never hit her, and she is not injured, it seems).  She had found from the nurse that he is a VIP caregiver, etc.  He says he is only glad to pay for her.  What is money for, but to help people, he says.  She was touched.  But the man is no fool in doing what is needed, when he is interested in a girl. He offered that she can call him if she needs to talk, and he is a good listener as a caregiver, basically.   Nice meeting of the leads, without too much confusion, and they clearly like each other.

Meanwhile, we were all quite wrong about JinAh.  It doesn't look like NJ was supporting her before.  When she tells her mom that she will work herself to death and repay her college tuition debt, the mom says that it was all paid by the lollypop dude's house.  Mom says she didn't want JA to end up like herself, and wanted to have her study, which is why she took money from them.  JA is shocked.  She goes to NJ's mom to ask where NJ is.  The reason why NJ's mom was upset was that JA is getting married to a rich hhouse.  She was mad because she thinks JA was playing with NJ all along, asking him to run around for her, and then dumping him now.  Like she was using him.  Just a natural response from a mom, and not with much malice on anything JA had done before.  It doesn't seem like the mom was complaining of any money that she took from NJ in the past.  She is actually surprised that NJ had wired $10K to JA, which JA returns to the mom.  After she leaves, NJ's mom tells the ajussi that JA has conscience after all, though she is getting married in 2 days.  So I think we got JA's character rather wrong yesterday when we guessed the worst about her, to have been leaching off NJ.  We will have to watch and see how she does from now on.

Gosh, this dude SW is so full of himself.  After he takes a totally upset SJ away from the dinner with her dad and the gold-digger, all he does is to lecture to her to let the dad do what he wants, and to put it to her that they are going to get married because the families have decided.  She asks to be left alone, and he so graciously(!) says she will let her do that!   She proceeds to take up on NJ's offer to lend an ear, as venting things out to a stranger is helpful, like he had told her...   I am liking where this is going.

I also liked it when she acted like getting the creeps when SW picked her up from her home, and started praising her color sense.  He calls it "praise allergy" but the guy is so brazen to even feel embarrassed.   Later when the dad was commenting at the exhibition lobby that they seem to have got close after just a week, he says he should get at least that far in a week - and SJ again speaks her mind that there is nothing going on.  I really love her spunk.  Hope she keeps it up through the drama, rather than become too nice later.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview blurb for Ep 5 - 안회장(남일우)은 순자(이종남)와 상현(조덕현)을 서울로 부르고, 남진(박윤재)은 그런 안회장의 배려에 크게 감동한다. 시우(강태성)는 자신과의 결혼을 망설이는 승주(서효림)의 마음을 잡기 위해 거절하기 힘든 카드를 내보이는데...

Translation -- "As Chairman Ahn invites SunJa (NJ's mom) and SangHyeon (the ajussi) to Seoul, NJ is deeply touched by how considerate the chairman is.  To prey on the mind of SJ who is hesitating on a marriage with him, SW pulls out a card that is hard to refuse..."

My guess is that SW is probably going to offer her some sort of top fashion design job (which may be why we see her going "what to do, what to do?" in the preview video).  Can we get rid of SW already?  He is totally getting on my nerves after just 4 episodes! ... Meanwhile, it seems that NJ's mom tells the chairman that everybody in the village says that NJ looks just like her.  The ajussi seems to dispute that, to NJ's mom's chagrin.  So, we are probably going to get a hint that NJ is really not his mom's son.

2 hours ago, jayakris said:

She goes to NJ's mom to ask where NJ is.  The reason why NJ's mom was upset was that JA is getting married to a rich hhouse.  She was mad because she thinks JA was playing with NJ all along, asking him to run around for her, and then dumping him now.  Like she was using him.  Just a natural response from a mom, and not with much malice on anything JA had done before.  It doesn't seem like the mom was complaining of any money that she took from NJ in the past.  She is actually surprised that NJ had wired $10K to JA, which JA returns to the mom.  After she leaves, NJ's mom tells the ajussi that JA has conscience after all, though she is getting married in 2 days.  So I think we got JA's character rather wrong yesterday when we guessed the worst about her, to have been leaching off NJ.  We will have to watch and see how she does from now on.

Gosh, this dude SW is so full of himself.  After he takes a totally upset SJ away from the dinner with her dad and the gold-digger, all he does is to lecture to her to let the dad do what he wants, and to put it to her that they are going to get married because the families have decided.  She asks to be left alone, and he so graciously(!) says she will let her do that!   She proceeds to take up on NJ's offer to lend an ear, as venting things out to a stranger is helpful, like he had told her...   I am liking where this is going.

I also liked it when she acted out getting the creeps when SW picked her up from her home, and started praising her color sense.  He calls it "praise allergy" but the guy is so brazen to even feel embarrassed.   Later when the dad was commenting at the exhibition lobby that they seem to have got close after just a week, he says he should get at least that far in a week - and SJ again speaks her mind that there is nothing going on.  I really love her spunk.  Hope she keeps it up through the drama, rather than become too nice later.

Thanks @jayakris   Yes it seems we got her wrong so far I like she did return the money but she gave it to the wrong person..  So the way mom tells her she dumps NJ makes me think she's aware of his feelings for her.. It wouldn't have taken much for her to re-wire the money back into his account..

What I'm getting more curious about is NJ mom just showing up like that.. Yes this lady is showing her obesession of him but my guess is she'll become the housekeeper and the ajjusi will become the gardener.. SW and mom better look out:crazy::blink::angry:  When it comes to NJ this woman seems very overprotective of him.. May the best mom win when it comes to sons.. It wouldn't suprise me if SW and mom try also move into G/pa house.. 

Onto to NJ mom.. The question is did she kidnap NJ from the hospital or was she really in a relationship with his dad years back.. I just have a feeling this lady isn't his mom and probably in her postpartum depression she took a child not believing her child was dead..

Sw is just as arrognant as they come and it's going to take NJ the jerk and the poor dude to knock him down a peg or two.. He's only hooking up with her because of her dad shares.. He's not going to take it well when it comes to SJ that Nj got is more intuned to her them he and she showing concern for him..  

53 minutes ago, jayakris said:

My guess is that SW is probably going to offer her some sort of top fashion design job (which may be why we see her going "what to do, what to do?" in the preview video).  Can we get rid of SW already?  He is totally getting on my nerves after just 4 episodes! ... Meanwhile, it seems that NJ's mom tells the chairman that everybody in the village says that NJ looks just like her.  The ajussi seems to dispute that, to NJ's mom's chagrin.  So, we are probably going to get a hint that NJ is really not his mom's son.

I also thought SW offered her something like this.. Her own brand. And Nj will bring JA into the mix..Biy this is going to be fun Sw will kick her out when she refuse to marry him.. So we could sit back and watch SW arrogance gets the best of him..

The Chairman didn't look to happy her telling him that everyones says he looks like her.. I'm beginning to believe more and more she kidnap him.. But I hope she found him some where.. I like to think Aunt kidnap him as a baby and dump him some where maybe in a garbage can hoping he would die.  Thinking about it yes this could have been what happen to NJ as a baby being that finding a baby wasn't reported Sw mom has been thinking after all these years he's dead..   

Ok Sw last name is Choi and not Ahn he doesn't wear his dad last name.. I;m beginning to believe more and more his mom had something to do with NJ coming up missing.. I think Sw don';t know the full story about whats going on she's been feeding him half truths all these years..  Sw thinks the family name will die out once G/pa dies.. Boy these two are in for a rude awakening.

@nohamahamoud2002  Thanks for the chart.. 

Now it seems that lawyer is involved in ths.. SW mom is under him is these two related or what.. Is Sw his child ? Did mom give the lawyer the boot after she was able to hookup with the other son..

Wow JA mom sold her out long time ago.. She is trully shameless.. She had the nerve to ask her daughter to save them just this once and yet she's not the one that has to marry lolipop boy nor do she have to ive with him or be seen with him.. Throwing his tantrums.. 

2 hours ago, jayakris said:

Can we get rid of SW already?  He is totally getting on my nerves after just 4 episodes! 

it’s shame really his storyline has been done so many times before in daily drama .I feel the writer not doing something new with it  that why his character become irritating.  :crazy:

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

urgh I dislike Choi Siu very much 

At least u got a reason SW is selfish and self centered that I give up on him when he start moaning about his grandfather not smiling to him .<_<

for me I can’t bring myself to feel something for SJ I find her vain and immature .It’s exhausting she is the lead girl :tears:

9 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

At least u got a reason SW is selfish and self centered that I give up on him when he start moaning about his grandfather not smiling to him .<_<

for me I can’t bring myself to feel something for SJ I find her vain and immature .It’s exhausting she is the lead girl :tears:

I read in KBS World page that SW is going to fall in love with JA

chingus here watched SAT, SW reminds me of JE and NJ reminds me of HN, it is the other way round. I like the fact that the villain is male and the main lead is also male.

Hmm, SJ looks really chic in that picture above that @nohamahamoud2002 posted!  The rest of the pictures in that set are good too.

Just to add to the discussion I had with @stroppyse (in page 3 of this thread) about the curiously weird usage of English words in Korea, there was another one today in the drama.  You would've seen the chairman saying "so they received a rebate and chose this company?" (about a suspicious firm with no factories but some being built in Vietnam, that NJ identified in the paperwork).  The grandpa said rebate in English, as you can hear.   The word "rebate" is used simply wrongly there, and it's commonly used like that in Korea.   But the correct word is "kickback".   A "rebate" is just a reduction in price, or in some cases a return of some excess payment, and is not illegal at all.  But a "kickback" is payment made specifically to get somebody to select a company, project, or product.  It is often illegal and will be questioned - as it generally goes to some person's account or slush fund.  Getting a rebate on the price quote is a good thing, so if any of you wondered why the Chairman said it like NJ found some trouble in there, now you know! ...  Actually the subbers missed that it was wrong usage, and repeated the word too (i.e., the subs we see at various sites now; not the official KBS subs that we will see next week).  Like I said, sometimes even the subbers forget that some of this is wrong usage, as they are so used to hearing it in Korea - so I can't blame them.  "Rebate" is yet another case of a word in Konglish that is used with a meaning quite close to the original meaning, but it's pretty much a wrong meaning.  How does this happen with so many English words in Korea?  Very interesting phenomenon.

Back to the drama,

8 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Ok Sw last name is Choi and not Ahn he doesn't wear his dad last name.. I;m beginning to believe more and more his mom had something to do with NJ coming up missing.. I think Sw don';t know the full story about whats going on she's been feeding him half truths all these years..  Sw thinks the family name will die out once G/pa dies.. Boy these two are in for a rude awakening.

The mom has been bringing this up again and again. She tried to ask the grandpa in the previous episode and got brushed off too. You are right that SW has no idea about what exactly happened back when the grandpa kicked out SW's dad and mom.  She seems to be claiming that they changed the names then, and that is what SW believes.  But we have seen enough dramas to know that NO grandpa chairman ever insists on that with a grandson, especially  the only grandson.  The grandpa clearly knows that SW is not his grandson, and that is why.  It seems that SW's mom is not aware of what the grandpa is aware of, though.  Otherwise, she would not have the guts to ask the grandpa to have SW's last name changed to Ahn.   She most probably had an affair with somebody and had SW, and the grandpa knows it.  That is why he is cold to SW.   I'm pretty sure that is what's going on.

8 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Now it seems that lawyer is involved in ths.. SW mom is under him is these two related or what.. Is Sw his child ? Did mom give the lawyer the boot after she was able to hookup with the other son.. 

Not sure what the story is, but the lawyer is clearly connected to whatever happened back then.  The way he behaves, almost in a guilty manner (like when he said to the grandpa that finding NJ was "something he had to do"), he had some part in how NJ went missing right after his birth.  But since there is no line connecting the lawyer and SW's mom in the relationship chart, I assume there is no direct relation.  But both were involved in whatever happened.  That much is a good guess for us to make.

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Why do you say that she is vain, @Ameera Ali? ... I don't see that at all.  She is perhaps immature, or at least naive about things.  But she strikes me only as somebody who is straight-speaking and has no arrogance or anything about her.  If she had that side, she wouldn't start liking somebody who is working as a caregiver for elderly people (a fairly low-level job).  It is clear that she likes NJ... enough to call him back.   I think you will like her later.  I hope she won't turn into an arrogant and vain person :)

Archived