[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

The drama is just meandering on. Nothing interesting happening, except this rather exaggerated (and somewhat unrealistic) agony in SJ about SH.  She told NJ that they should split up.  Because when one is in love, one is supposed to like everything about him.  To hate his birth mom and still love him, is not right.  So break up.  What kind of cooked up logic is that?  I liked the little originality in showing her sitting at a bus stop later and crying loudly.  Never seen such a scene before.  But that doesn't mean that I am buying that she has reason to be in that kind of agony.

The preview seems to suggest that SH is on to the next conflict.  Coming back from the glamping trip and causing ruckus about the family doing the memorial for (NJ's dad and mom) without involving her.

------------

Preview of E104: http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,105,791753

Blurb: 글램핑을 즐기던 수희(김혜리)는 오늘이 시우(강태성) 아버지의 기일이란 사실을 깨닫지만, 시우가 일부러 제사에 부르지 않았다는 얘기에 충격받는다. 남진(박윤재)은 승주(서효림)의 마음을 돌리기 위해 백방으로 뛰어다니는데...

Translation: While enjoying "glamping", SH realizes that it is the death anniversary of SU's dad, and is shocked that SU had deliberately not called her to the ceremony. NJ is doing all he can to get SJ to change her mind.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my, what a waste? showing all the fillers and nonsense scenario.  They could have ended this at Ep100, yet;  they even extended to Ep 124.  Will wait till this is almost over.   Just me, I  am not trying to offend anyone.   :rolleyes:

Sadly dailies tend to drag towards the end, either through nonsense plots like this or constantly rehashing the same plot. The last daily I watched that was relatively well paced was Golden Pouch and even that was only in comparison to other dailies.

The series got screwed up when an episode was pre-empted and it appears that KBS wants to end the series on a Friday.  I've enjoyed this daily all along, but today was a waste.  There was already a break up with SW and JA, and now yet another one with NJ and SJ?   Why go that route again?  O.K., I'm confused now.... is CSH really mentally ill and getting worse?   Everyone needs to realize that their lifestyles shouldn't  have to  be adjusted to accommodate her,  and furthermore, she is too unstable to be at work.  Lawyer Heo needs to get on it.

CSH is flipping back and forth between a calm state and then fits of anger where she lashes out and causes a big scene.  Then she doesn't remember what she did, and asks, "I did that?"   If she's getting that bad and this is legitimate, then she'll probably have to be institutionalized, or she'll wander into a fatal accident.  Poor NJ is struggling so with the mess and lashes out at CSH,  and even lawyer Heo gets blamed for uncovering the birth mix-up.  I feel bad for him as he was genuine in getting at the truth and had no idea what a Pandora's box he opened.  JA went to NJ's team to work and the team was told that SJ resigned.  Preview shows SJ still rejecting NJ, so it doesn't look like she'll be back until mental Mom is dealt with.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:01 AM, zoks said:

The last daily I watched that was relatively well paced was Golden Pouch and even that was only in comparison to other dailies.

While some aspects of "Golden Pouch" are enjoyable, it still follows the K101 cliche:

1) Main problem just went in circles & its solution [reunion between Suk-Hun & his lost (grand) parents] only occurred at the last 2 episodes. After reunion, very little time was available between the doctor & his (grand)parents.

In fact, Suk-Hun spent much more time with his fake dad (a homeless person) in previous episodes. Why the writer gave a lot of air time between Suk-Hun & the fake dad, while giving very little air time between Suk-Hun & his real dad (after reunion) is a mystery to me.

2) The main couple, Suk-Hun & Sul-Hwa, split up about a score of episodes before the last and were only reunited at the last minute of the last episode.

With such development, there was little psychological pay-off, as there was very little air time for sweet bonding moments between (a) the Suk-Hun & his lost grand (parents), after reunion, and (b) Suk-Hun & Sul-Hwa, after reunion.

So what happens now?  Nothing? For 20 episodes?   NJ ditches HyunKang and takes off to Oepo, so that he can marry SJ?  Then SH disappears, wanting NJ to get back to HyunKang?  Time advance till NJ and SJ have a baby and SH comes back to see the grandchild?  Pretty uninteresting story angles but anything is better than the current episodes which are like seeing paint dry.  The drama needs to something and create a story line. There is hardly any twist possible for suspense at this time.  It's becoming quite boring right now.

-----------------

Preview for E105 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,106,791806

Blurb: 현강을 찾은 진아(진예솔)의 어머니는 수희(김혜리)가 시우(강태성)의 친모가 아니라는 사실을 듣고 놀란다. 순자(이종남)는 남진(박윤재)과 헤어진 승주(서효림)를 만나 결혼 뒤에 분가해도 된다며 마음을 돌리려 애쓰는데...

Translation: JA's mom who visits HyunKang is shocked to hear that SH is not SU's real mother. YSJ tries hard to get SJ, who broke up with NJ, to change her mind, saying they can leave home after marriage.

Like, who cares if JA's mom gets shocked or not?  Just going through the motions of different useless people getting shocked and all that is not going to help the ratings that have started to tank in the last few episodes, after a good run with very good ratings around 25 till then.  I don't think anybody has anything much to look forward to, at this point.  Or is there?  If there is, the drama had better start doing something soon, because we may all up and leave soon, rather than waste time for 20 episodes to see if SH is actually having mental issues or is faking it.  Again, who cares!  If she goes to jail, that would be nice.  If BCS joins her, that would be fun to see too.  But alas, none of that is going to happen either.

@jayakris,  you are right; not interested in watching this drama for now.  Nothing to do with actress/actors in this drama, but; it becomes rather boring and going in circles.  As I mentioned before they could have ended in this at 100 ep and no extension at all.  Writer nim, what have you done?

Honestly, I don't care about SH, they should have put her jail for all the evil things shed did.  :lol:

Absolutely nothing happened in today's episode either.  Well, at least nothing more than what was in the 2 lines of preview on Friday that I posted above. YSJ talked to SJ and nothing changed.  SJ is continuing with her ridiculous breakup with NJ.

I'm not even posting the preview translation for E106.  Lately, the episodes only have the couple of items that they write in these previews, and nothing much else.  So, let us not even look at the previews and make the episode even more boring!  What a waste of a drama.

Why extend the series just to focus on the sly fox going loony & the feisty SJ wallaoping in guilt & self-pity? Everyone is making the sly fox the centre of their universe. Such a waste of time. Even by staying away but dwelling on her, SJ is doing the same. I

This drama is supposed to end next week and it's barely sputtering to the end.  One of the things that came out yesterday was NJ questioning lawyer Heo about the ability of CSH to work and keep it together, especially with the Italian deal in the near future.  Supposedly the Italian group feel comfortable with her and want her in on the negotiations.

JA's mother is getting quite aggressive toward CSH, and I don't blame her.   I wouldn't want my daughter abused by such an imposter, and when you think about it, JA's mother is the legitimate in-law and CSH is actually the "out-law"!   CSH  has no legitimate claim to that household at all.

@msmy The drama isn't ending next week, it's ending on April 26 since KBS extended the drama to 124 episodes, right? The next drama that's replacing this one ("Summer, Please") won't start airing until April 29.

11 hours ago, msmy said:

@Ayame...OOh!  You  are  so right.  Sorry.

We are more sorry than you.  Wish you were right, and the drama were ending next week. Heck, this week would be better!

Just for the record, nothing happened yesterday in E106.  Absolutely nothing.  On to watching today's E107.  Expecting absolutely nothing today as well.

Edit:  Okay, watched E107.  As expected, nothing happened.  The same old same old.  SJ is still continuing her ridiculous breakup, but she agreed to work for her dad.  SH seems to be not faking the memory loss, and was like a zombie at the meeting with the Italian company.  YJ, DS, and his parents use up some screen time.  BCS uses up some.  JA's mom is there to kill some screen time too.  Old people trying to act funny and all that too.   Even the actors must be finding it hard to be in a drama that has become so ridiculous.  How will they continue for 17 episodes more???

I fear that this writer's body has been taken over by the "Secrets and Lies" writer.... oh dear. :crazy:    When CSH was in the zombie state at the meeting, NJ had to take over and set things straight when he thought things weren't right.  So it seems the rest of this drama will focus on the "passing of the baton" to NJ and SW as CSH gets worse and more and more incapable.  Preview indicates that lawyer Heo may have a spell that might require some rest and time away from the company.

46 minutes ago, msmy said:

I fear that this writer's body has been taken over by the "Secrets and Lies" writer.... oh dear. :crazy:    When CSH was in the zombie state at the meeting, NJ had to take over and set things straight when he thought things weren't right.  So it seems the rest of this drama will focus on the "passing of the baton" to NJ and SW as CSH gets worse and more and more incapable.  Preview indicates that lawyer Heo may have a spell that might require some rest and time away from the company.

OMgee, everyone is falling apart:rolleyes:.  Seems like writer nim runs out of idea and just chugging along to keep this thing going:lol:we have to remember that we are looking at 18 more episodes.  For me, really a bad decision to extend this drama. 

The Ahn's household is a total mess right now, everyone's at each other's throat:bawling:.  SH should be confined to a mental hospital.

10 hours ago, dulceres said:

OMgee, everyone is falling apart:rolleyes:.  Seems like writer nim runs out of idea and just chugging along to keep this thing going:lol:we have to remember that we are looking at 18 more episodes.  For me, really a bad decision to extend this drama. 

The Ahn's household is a total mess right now, everyone's at each other's throat:bawling:.  SH should be confined to a mental hospital.

Forget the Ahn household, this drama is a total mess right now. The overacting and time-wasting scenes are a major buzzkill. I hate seeing mopey SJ, depressed NJ, and CSH who is a total lunatic. How sad is it that I look forward to a couple of minutes with Dae Shik's parents every day. :(

I liked the moments between NJ and his mom at the sea, where she remembered what she did to her mother, and how she has to pay for this. I really like the acting skills of Mrs Choi, and actually, although she played an evil character at the beginning, she is being punished now and repenting. The actress is pretty, despite her age

Archived