[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

2 hours ago, viyra said:

Didn't the chairman give the house to NJ?  Then why is SH doing some renovation?  Are they moving in with him?  They already got theirs in the chairman's will.

IKR @viyra I don't get what NJ is thinking.. He's going against all G/pa wishes and also he's not respecting his Bio Mom at all.. SH wants to decorate the let her decorate that villa G/pa gave her..  She's talking about establishing Sw has the owner of that house.. I've been saying all alone she has some kind of fantacy about living in this house.. I think NJ might be thinking they could all become one big happy family and he and his half brother will get along well. I thinks it's high tine he wake up from his delusions and accept what he don't want to or just walk away from it all and move on.. Also when G/pa left NJ all the money and any other movable assets he had so he wouldn't have to worry about property tax.. NJ is just being unreasonably stupid..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Where"s the preview ?

Here is the preview from the KBS site - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,24,784756

Blurb:  승주(서효림)의 집으로 찾아온 만석(홍요섭)은 그간의 사정을 털어놓고, 이혼을 제안하는 승주에게 주식양도서를 건넨다. 시우(강태성)는 단골 술집에서 술에 취한 진아(진예솔)와 마주치는데...

Translation: After MS goes to see SJ at her place and explains the current situation, he hands over the stock transfer certificate to SJ, who suggests a divorce.  SU runs into a drunk JA at the usual bar.

The conversations in the preview do not give much of a clue of anything.  At first somebody says, "but... the design?"... Then somebody else says, "If you walk in the right direction, you will eventually meet a nice person".  Then yet another person says, "he/she will definitely come".  No idea what those lines in the background are, when we see YSJ and SJ shopping for suits and then SJ looks at some jewelry.  They randomly threw in some conversation? Why?? -- to show us that there will be conversations in the episode and that it's not a silent movie?? Haha.  SU then asks JA - "what on earth kind of a person are you?" and JA asks, "after asking me to get up and make a name for myself, why are you hating and despising me?".  It seems everybody is at home, and NJ or Ajussi is saying that it is a welcome party for new family members... Then SU gets up and leaves, asking that he be not called for such things again. Being his usual asshat self, I suppose.

Thank you @jayakrisfor the translation for  the next episode.  Well, oh well - seems like JA found her Mr.  Right in the name of SiU.  Now SiU can say and do whatever he can (like he did with SJ before) because he found his equal - JA - she is just like him.  But seems like JA tried to climb the wrong tree.

Why is NJ letting them walk all over him in that house.. ? PUT THEM OUT.. NJ HAS CAUSE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FOR HIMSELF.. THAT HOUSE DON'T BELONGS TO THEM PERIOD..

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKES FOR MS TO FIGURE HE"S BEEN HAD BY THE BROTHER AND SISTER SCHEME..

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Why is NJ letting them walk all over him in that house.. ? PUT THEM OUT.. NJ HAS CAUSE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FOR HIMSELF.. THAT HOUSE DON'T BELONGS TO THEM PERIOD..

She must have already paid the inheritance tax for the house.  That is like 30% of the house price (which can be 20% if paid within 6 months). That would take a nice chunk out of the funds the Grandpa left him with.  Maybe he was to lose about $300K.  NJ had said that it was also a reason why he thought of donating the house to a cultural foundation.  But yeah, he should have just paid it.  Or maybe he can still pay her.  At the time he agreed to SH/SU moving there, NJ had no plans to stay there and was going to go to his hometown to build a better life with the liquid assets/funds...  But now he seems to not want to go back on his word and ask her not to move in.

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKES FOR MS TO FIGURE HE"S BEEN HAD BY THE BROTHER AND SISTER SCHEME..

I think he knows, pretty much.  Based on the E23 preview blurb that said that SJ is suggesting a divorce, I assume he will be admitting that "he's been had"....  I hope so.  But I doubt he will divorce her...

-------

Meanwhile, the drama's ratings went up again.  The Nielsen ratings went up to 20+ for the last two days.  20.1 for E21 and 20.3 for E22, which is the highest rating so far.  Very nice!!!   People seem to like the drama.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

I think he knows, pretty much.  Based on the E23 preview blurb that said that SJ is suggesting a divorce, I assume he will be admitting that "he's been had"....  I hope so.  But I doubt he will divorce her...

@jayakris  It would be funny to watch her have to bow down to SJ after all the scheming her and brother did.. Having her to live in poverty right along with MS serves her right.. Also I have a feeling SH has been embezzalling money out of G/pa company for years.. SH shouldn't have this kind of money also.. She also could have gotten the money from the company or a loan to pay those taxes.. We shall see all her doing in the dark come to the light.. She's going to get her own son caught up in her mess..

Well todays episode should be up off to watch..

Ep 23 Recap part-1 (till 16:15)

- The two new team-members ask about the designer, and the ajussi says that a US-educated designer is being scouted. The two new members are concerned but NJ says she will surely join.

- SJ and YSJ are shoppig for a suit. SJ is impressed with the technical questions that SJ asks the guy there. Stuff about the pick stitch and the difference between double button and 3-button versions, etc. YSJ goes to the rest room and SJ admires some jewelry (Couple-rings or ear-rings? Not sure)

- The ajussi is happy with the jacket she got for him, and even gives YSJ a kiss.  NJ asks if YSJ asked SJ about joining the team. She did, but doesn't know what SJ will do.

- JA is drinking at the usual bar and crying. SU comes in and the bartender directs him to JA. She is honest, and says that she went there hoping to see SU. She asks, "do you know the feeling of somebody who has to be in a sickening marriage out of being really poor? The frustrating feeling of being unable to even report the man who married me without even my knowledge, to prevent hardship for my family?"... He confirms from her that DS had registered a marriage without her knowledge. She asks why he is showing disdain without knowing anything... She says she is not a bad person like that.  She goes on saying blah blah, though there is no lie there. SU seems to soften. After she passes out at the table, he says he never hated her. He was just angry. "And I don't even really know... why I am angry".

- When JA wakes up in the car, SU had taken her somewhere near the Han river and is standing outside the car. She says sorry to SU. He gives her a can of coffee and puts his jacket on her. He tells her that she was like a different person when drunk.  He apologies to her too. He says he was never financially needy, but he was always lonely and needy in his heart.  So he can understand her feelings. (Okay, whatever...)

- SH is looking at a picture of herself with YeongGyu and SU as a small boy. Packing some things in a box to take to the new residence. SU comes in and she asks him also to take any important items he has. He also looks at the picture and she says it's the only picture of the three of them together. He says it's not that precious to him, unlike how it is to her. He has no memory of his dad except from the picture. He was only 4 years old and wouldn't remember, says SH. He says the dad was really not there, but she still keeps him in her heart all her life.  He feels they were "poor/needy in their hearts" because of this. He feels that it's a worse kind of poverty.  If you have no money, you can make money at some point, but poverty in the heart has no fix. SH asks him not to make her feel sad.  He feels down about leaving the current place. She thinks he will have to get married soon and have a wife and kids to become happy. She will have to look for some good family to hook up with.

12 minutes ago, jayakris said:

He also looks at the picture and she says it's the only picture of the three of them together. He says it's not that precious to him, unlike how it is to her. He has no memory of his dad except from the picture. He was only 4 years old and wouldn't remember, says SH. He says the dad was really not there, but she still keeps him in her heart all her life.  He feels they were "poor/needy in their hearts" because of this. He feels that it's a worse kind of poverty. 

@jayakris  This is a clever move in SH part.. Taking that picture to plaster in the house is to show NJ who is the true owner of that house Sw. Placing the picture there is to show everyone else and to also try and make NJ jealous.. How can Nj be jealous of a man he don't know or ever meet.. SH didn't have that picture hanging in her house.. She thinks she's slick.. NJ no matter how he tries to build a family with his half brother he'll never be accepted.. SH and Sw thinks he's still in there way and no way will they accept him.. He's creating a lot of problems for himself..

Since the ratings on this drama is high has there been any news articles mentioning there will be a few more characters added.. Because I'm a firm believer she's involved in NJ kidnapping.

E23 Recap part-2 (from 16:15)

- NJ is at her design desk and recalling what NJ told her about his confidence to take on SU if she is with him. Her dad calls, and comes over. He nags her about leaving him and staying in the small place. He tells her about SG's embezzlement. SJ: "See that? What did I tell you? I told you not to have this marriage!". He admits that there's no excuse he can give her. SJ: "Maybe you love that Ajumma, but that Ajumma does not". MS: "Right. That may be so... But I should say... that I still love YS. If I love her, isn't that enough?". SJ is exasperated and says she is going insane because of him.  He gives her the certificate of transfer of his HK shares to her.  (And I find that I suddenly love this man!!!). MS says he was going to give them to SU earlier but since it is called off, he feels she should get what is hers.  She has to sign on that and he can give it to the lawyer (Oh... Now am I worried again.  Make it hers NOW, before SG gets his hands on them!!!).  She says she doesn't want to sign. It should stay with Dad (Now I want to slap her on her head.  Take the damn thing, will you???)..

- MS tells her that SH asked for it in return for having him continue as a subcontractor, but that he was not going to take up that offer. He wants the shares to go be with JS.  Now JS is surprised - "what are you talking about? You don't know that all the subcontractor decisions are postponed for a year?". She tells him about NJ having a contest.  MS didn't know!  Now SJ is wondering why SH asked for those shares to be handed over.  (Aha! So we guessed right earlier that SH was going to try an end-around on MS and swipe the shares before MS found out about the postponement, but it is thwarted for now. Yeah!)

- YS is stuffing herself with bibimbap, feeling sad about her fate.  Knock at the door. It is the realtor, wanting to show the house to new buyers. She doesn't open the door but MS gets back and shows them in. YS is about to cry.

- Movers are bringing SH/SU stuff into the main house. Ajussi is sweeping SH's room like a lover-boy. YSJ takes him to task for that.  SH comes in and he tries to suck up to her. She pays no attention and is bothered only that she can't redo the interior like she wanted. He says he wants to have a welcome party.  Somebody brings in a standing lamp.  It is from Mr. Bonjour, who comes in. Ajussi keeps murmuring.  Mr. Jang: "So you are Mr. Strange (isanghan)".  Ajussi: "I'm no Mr. Strange. Mr. Ee-Sang-Hyeon, okay?".  Mr. Jang makes fun of him for being in design Team-2 and asks who their designer is. SH: "Why even ask? They don't even have a single designer, you know!".  The ajussi says they do have a chief designer from the US with some "Indiana Universe" degree. SH says it is not "universe" but "university". Ajussi: "Yes, right... Universheee!"... They leave, and now the ajussi wants to cry.

- YJ is upset that DS isn't taking her call. She goes and picks up JA's phone as she went to the bathroom.  Calls DS who takes the call, thinking it is JA. She asks him where his place is, and goes there.  He asks her about JA and she tells him that she had come home drunk. She slaps him on his shoulder for fighting with JA.  Anyway, she is there to talk about interest from HomeShoppingTV for DS to be a model who eats food on their shows. They called, seeing her SMS post.  She tells him to get a grip on himself. JA is not the only woman around. He just need to do well, and there will be many women. He thinks that JA may still not take him.  YJ basically asks him to make his choice (on what to do with his life).

- Ajussi has everybody together in the living room for the welcome party.  His "angel" is sitting at the main chair, and YSJ is peeved about it (the head of the household is supposed to sit there). Ajussi: "I wonder how happy the chairman would be, if he were here... Seeing the siblings living like this in one house...".  And SU gets up asking that he be not called for such things. (What an asshat!).

- SH gets up, telling Ms. Heo what she wants for breakfast tomorrow. YSJ tells her that Ms. Heo doesn't need to make breakfast for her, as she is family now and no longer a butler.  Ms. Heo says it's alright, and YSJ says that it is not alright with her.  SH says fine. She will just get a new butler tomorrow.  YSJ: "So you just want to spend money?".  SH: "Then what the heck else should I do?".  YSJ offers to make her food, but only if she is paid.  Haha!!!  SH: "No thank you! SU and I will eat elsewhere".  YSJ: "Suit yourself!". The ajussi complains, but Ms. Heo is with YSJ on this. Ajussi asks for NJ's support, and he says he is staying out of this quarrel.

- NJ gets a call from SJ.  He asks if she has a response on his offer. SJ: "Yes. NamJin, my response is..."  [THE END]

Here is the KBS site's preview for E24: http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,25,784757

Blurb: 1차 경연 과제를 발표하는 자리에서 남진(박윤재)과 진아(진예솔)는 서로의 등장에 깜짝 놀란다. 승주(서효림)가 남진 팀의 디자이너로 선전포고를 해오자 시우(강태성)과 수희(김혜리) 또한 경악하는데...

Translation:  At the first contest task announcement meeting, NJ and JA are shocked to see each other's presence. As SJ declares war as the designer of NJ's team, SU and SH are further shocked.

Alright.  The war is starting, and everybody is in their places, just as always expected!  The preview video shows SH being overconfident as usual, saying that they are in this to win it and that his team has the best people. NJ's team lady asks if they will be out if they lose the first two contests.  NJ says they will keep digging till clear water is found.  MS tells SH that he isn't giving her the shares, and she asks if he is aware of what is going to happen (if he doesn't).  JA asks NJ how he is there at the meeting, and NJ says that he just needs to hear an explanation that she has to give.  NJ seems to come to a meeting, saying "sorry for being late", so I guess she made the Team-2 people nervous before showing up as the designer.

Hope the moderators won't combine this with my post above from yesterday....

Ep 24 Recap (till 16:45)

SJ tells that her answer is a YES. She has a condition though... that they must win this!  She feels the same as NJ about laying off the employees etc. He asks her to join them at the contest meeting tomorrow.

Some staff is talking about the contest.  They are sure that NJ has no chance, but one of them says that a tiger's cub could well be like a tiger and that NJ has the chairman's charisma. But he says he will go for the winning side, which they all think is Team-1. YJ hears them, and she smirks that they are even discussing this. She too thinks they will win.

NJ tells his team of 4 that there will be contest details being announced in the afternoon. He says they will have a designer, who will be coming. The lady asks if they will be out without a chance at the 3rd contest if they were to lose the first two. NJ says he too worried about it, but he recalls the chairman's words about digging deep enough. You are bound to find clear water at some point. They clap, on Ajussi's prodding.

SU announces who does what in his team.  All business-like and overflowing with over-confidence and over-arrogance. He is counting on a win.

Team-2 seems nervous at the announcement meeting, as SJ hasn't shown up yet. Ajussi and NJ see JA on the other side in Team-1. The lawyer is about to announce the contest details and here comes the fabulous designer of Team-2, saying sorry for being late. Interesting looks on the 4 main leads faces.

The lawyer gives the theme of the first contest - "youth".  The contest design has 50% weight and the sales has 50% weight, etc.

NJ asks JA to have a chat, and she says it's tough to do now. He says he will wait after work, later.  SH asks if they know each other, and NJ says they are hometown friends.  SH finds it a concern that JA is friends with the Team-2 leader, and asks if SU is aware of it.  SU says he knows. When SH asks if this isn't a problem, SU says that "it doesn't seem like they were that close.  Back in the hometown, NJ was stalking her, I'm told".  SH shows disgust and JA does not say a word! NJ asks JA - "Is this true? You really said that?". JA is still silent.  But the ajussi walks up and takes her to task -"Ask anybody in the village, what you were doing, crying and running to him for help" (summarizing).  NJ tells Ajussi that it's fine. NJ tells JA  - "You need to give an explanation and I can hear it, that's all". He tells SH and SU that he is no loser to stalk a woman who doesn't like him.  He tells SH that there will be no issues like she expects.  Ajussi - "Madam, pointless worries are not good for your health.  Let us meet at home soon. SEE YOU AGAIN" haha.

SJ tells SU and SH that she is in Team-2 as the designer, and "I hope to get your help. Please instruct me a lot", as a standard line that Koreans say even when they don't mean it.  SU smirks. SJ holds NJ's hands asking to leave, for a contest starting party or something. NJ, SJ and Ajussi leave, all happy... The Team-1 guys look stunned and puzzled. SH tells JA that she wants to see no problems. She and SU leave and JA doesn't know what to do.

SH is all mad about SJ being the Team-2 leader. "I detest them... all!".  She says she has to get those shares from MS.  SU says he will try to meet SJ and tell her that she should stop before she gets ruined (Haha! The asshat!!).  SH feels there is no need, as this will be over once she gets MS's shares.  She asks SU to be careful of JA. Seeing her look, it doesn't seem like NJ was stalking her. "So, was she lying just to get into their team? Just for that she dumped a friend like that?".  SU recalls JA lamenting with guilt while drunk on dumping the only friend she had. SH: "Once somebody betrays someone, another betrayal is easy. Keep that in mind" (SH is being sensible here!)

MS comes to meet SH. Outside, he tells SU that he is sad that things didn't work out. SU is arrogant again, saying she thinks this was good. "SJ has joined NJ's team. If she makes such thoughtless mistakes, I wonder how it would've been after a marriage". MS is surprised. The fool is only learning now, from SU, that his daughter studied fashion design!!... He goes in and SH whines about people hearing that she broke it off with her son, etc. MS then tells SH that he can't give the shares, and that he is giving them to SJ. SH asks if he knows the consequences, and he says he does.

Hello All heading off to work.. Hoping @jayakris  Will have the first part of the episode uploaded to make some sense out of it all.. 

NJ and JA shock to see one another which Sw planned to throw Nj off his game but Sj came in and gave him and mom the shock of there lives.. SH hot with MS I guess she told him to get Sj off Nj team.. We need Sj to get those stocks from her dad.. His golddigging wife will be after them even if she has to steal them to pay off thise loansharks her brother owes..

JA admitted to Nj she told them he was a stalker and also told him not to bother her anymore.. Glad Ajjussi was there to clear that up telling her how dare she calls him a stalker even mentioned her mother so it seems.. I guess Sw will see her for who she is a user but he and her are cut from the same cloth..

Loved Sj in this episode.. Sj to Nj rescue.. Loving these two.. 

8 minutes ago, jayakris said:

When SH asks if this isn't a problem, SU says that "it doesn't seem like they were that close.  Back in the hometown, NJ was stalking her, I'm told".  SH shows disgust and JA does not say a word! NJ asks JA - "Is this true? You really said that?". JA is still silent.  But the ajussi walks up and takes her to task -"Ask anybody in the village, what you were doing, crying and running to him for help" (summarizing).  NJ tells Ajussi that it's fine. NJ tells JA  - "You need to give an explanation and I can hear it, that's all". He tells SH and SU that he is no loser to stalk a woman who doesn't like him. 

Loved Nj laid that out for SH he's nothing like her son who probably develope that habit from her considering how she's still holding onto a dead guy in her memory..Sw will be after Sj again he's the one tht will become a stalker not only for those shares but not being able to lose against NJ.. He's tick off at the fact he can't control her.. So now it's tine for Mom and son to mess with MS company using G/pa company.. I don;t think Uncle is going to fall into her plan.. For someone like NJ to have no experoence in the garmet business whip up a team on them and a formidable one.. 

It's seems that JA has heard of SJ bbefore and she was also suprised to see her so close to NJ..

Ep 24 recap part-2 (from 16:45)

Ms. Heo is impressed with YSJ's plant-grooming skills. They wonder if NJ will succeed like the chairman hoped, and Ms. Heo commends her for raising NJ so well. YSJ wants to know if Ms. Heo is never going to get married. Ms.Heo isn't going to.  YSJ wants to know about CS (the lawyer) too. Ms. Heo says he was interested in a woman back in college but she went to somebody else and he has not seen any woman since then. YSJ says she will take some lunchbox to the lawyer also, when she takes food for Team-2. Ms. Heo tells her the food item his old flame use to make for him, and YSJ says she can make them (YSJ is making a move on the lawyer??)

CJ is on the phone saying, "What? An Seok Jae's shares have gone to SU, you mean?" (so it looks like the grand-uncle went with them). He asks the other guy to keep reporting to him. He says he cannot just sit and take it, if they are already making such moves.

SH is thanking the grand-uncle. "Now the MinHan shares are the problem", she says to herself. "He is giving it to SJ? He thinks I will just sit and watch?"

At the Team-2 office, SJ sees NJ being a bit out of sorts. He calls for a meeting. He wants a concept for the design. The lady says she only knows fabrics and the guy says he is a management and marketing guy.  They should also think of design concepts? ... The ajussi scolds them, asking who will do this if they wash their hands off.  The lady says they weren't so negative about their own abilities at first. It is the company that made them become like this. The guy also agrees.  SJ does a pep talk about becoming confident, saying she came there to win it. Ajussi: "Good job, our chief designer!".  NJ: "Attagirl... My Joan of Arc!". They all have a nice chat and Nj asks the guy to find a place to go for a team party in the evening.

SU also having a team meeting. He also wants a concept and design idea, and assigns tasks to everybody, except JA.  She is still looking sullen.

DS is already a HomeShopping model. The PD there is a fan of DS and asks him to eat just like in the SNS, and to not be concerned of the camera.  DS seems to be doing a good job.  

YS is watching the DS show on TV and looking sad. MS comes and she asks him to take her out to eat some grilled pork. She asks if they are already too poor to even eat out. He says it's not so bad. He tries to comfort her saying he has got a good lawyer for her brother.

JA is still out of sorts and her roommate asks her for the details of the stalking business. YJ says she finds the hometown people really strange, talking about NJ, JA and DS. But JA snaps at her for even mentioning DS. "You are getting mad at me?" asks YJ. But JA says she is tired and leaves. The roommate is a bit annoyed with her.

At the team-2 office, the guy who is in charge of finding a place to have a kickoff celebration, says they will go to a Pork Stew (gamjattang) place. SJ is being her cheerful self. Nice.  They all leave, and NJ says he will follow a bit later after seeing somebody.  SJ hesitates a bit, as she knows something is bothering NJ.

JA meets NJ, who is still friendly and asks her if she has been doing alright all this while, saying he was worried for her. He says he is glad she is getting to do designing. She asks what happened here and if his mom is not his real mom, and he explains the details. JA: "Let's not talk about this. Whose grandson you are, or who your real mom is, are not my business. I need to go. We have a team meeting".  Fine, says NJ.  When he says she must not have said that he was a stalker, she says, "No. I said it. I said you were a stalker I was sick and tired of, and asked them to never give you my contact details".  NJ: "Why? Why on earth... would you do that? How could you do that to me?"... JA: "You had to be erased... for me to have a life, right?" [THE END]

Archived