[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @dramaninja and @sava2sava for reminding me of Gong Shim's sister.  Yeah, now that I remember, she was garbage.  Very very nasty to her sister, and very selfish.   But I have liked the actress in the bit roles I have seen her in.  I can see that she is quite versatile and has a bit of a humorous side to her too.  So I look forward to seeing her in a good lead role here.

Meanwhile, here is the Episode 1 preview line.  남진(박윤재)은 진아(진예솔)를 마중 나간 공항에서 승주(서효림)를 진아로 착각해 한바탕 해프닝을 겪는다. 급기야 공항을 찾은 시우(강태성)와도 엮이며 두 남자는 신경전을 벌이는데... 

Translation:   "NamJin (Park Yunjae), as he went to the airport to meet JiNa (Jin Yesol), mistakes Seungju (Se Hyorim) for JiNa, and goes through a real scene.  In the end, as he is caught in a tangle with ShiWoo (Kang Taesung) who is looking for the airport, the two men get into war of nerves".

Sounds like we will have a usual fun episode to start.  The drama writers love these airport beginnings, don't they?

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

if you are curious, like me, about the opera used in the background, click the spoiler.

I was pretty unhappy that the Teaser 2 above didn't have the crescendo ending of it, and only had the first one of the three "vincero"s.   Bocelli is damn good, but Pavarotti was something out of this world with those "vincero"s.  Nobody could do it like him...

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] It's my life/Leave it to destiny, 비켜라 운명아 - Seo Hyo Rim & Park Yoon Jae - Mon-Fri @ 20:25 KST - Premieres TONIGHT

Thanks @nohamahamoud2002 ... Oh, that was a favorite from the 90s when I heard it first.  An American office-mate of mine during grad school had introduced me to minimalism and Philip Glass.. Having had a lot of classical music background from India, I loved it.

Meanwhile, I assume the first episode has been aired.  Waiting for it to come up online.   Comments from anybody who watched it.  I want some minimalism, and no makjang.   But some over-the-top stuff is fine for the first couple of episodes though.

@jayakris I am glad someone shares my interest in music :) Philip Glass wrote scores for movies such as "Hours" and Stephen King's "Secret Window" :) I still remember the first part when Mort Rainey (Johnny Depp) was driving his car remembering his wife's cheating on him :) This was Philip Glass' music. 

The first episode is available only on youtube. But without translation. 

there is preview of ep.2

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,3,783598

2부

남진(박윤재)은 진아(진예솔)네의 빚 1억 원을 대신 갚아주겠다고 호언장담하지만 막막하기만 하다. 이런 남진에게 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 안회장(남일우)의 입주 간병인 자리를 제안하며 거금을 내미는데...

Google translation

Nam Jin (Park Yoon Jae) promises to pay back 100 million won of Jinha (Jin Yeol) 's debt instead. In this case, the lawyer Huh Cheongsan (Gang Shin Il) proposes a position as a nursing home for Ahn ...

On 11/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, sava2sava said:
On 11/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, jayakris said:

Wait, how are you all so sure?   The drama blurbs usually do not tell birth secrets.  They are "secrets" after all :) ...  Haven't we seen that anybody's parents in a drama could be somebody else other than who everybody thinks the parents are?

@jayakris  Let me keep my hopes up please:rolleyes:

Haha, I just started watching the episode.  5 minutes in, we have a drunk ajussi looking for his long-lost daughter,  a few minutes later two suspicious guys are in the house where he lives, and 15 minutes in, we have toothbrushes missing from the small village house (where the lead guy and his mom lives with the ajussi who seems unrelated to them).   I couldn't stop laughing, thinking of @sava2sava's comment.   Yes, you could keep your hopes up... for about 5 minutes!  

Watching further, it seems there may be two birth secrets.  The tooth brushes were stolen by others looking for somebody else.

Spoiler

It looks like, SeungJu, the lead woman, might be the long lost daughter of the ajussi in NamJin's house (whose wife seems to have left him when his business failed long ago),  and NamJin seems to be the grandson of the rich old man.

Nor real villain has appeared yet, except perhaps the mother of the second lead guy, who seems to be the scheming kind.  The second lead guy may be a bad guy later, but too early to tell.  No real clue about the second lead woman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correcting the google translation above, here is the fixed preview blurb for Ep 2 - Though NamJin makes big-talk to JinAh that he will pay back her $100K debt, he is lost on what to do.  Then, attorney Heo Cheongsan (Gang Shin Il) makes an offer to NamJin to be a live-in nursing caregiver for Chairman Ahn, for big money.

Here is the preview video - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,3,783598

It seems the lawyer offers him a $10K per month job.  Not huge money, but it seems he takes it up, as we see at the end of the preview.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, stroppyse said:

I'm really not fond of either the of the English offerings as the title for this drama. The Korean title is more accurately "Move Over, Fate" or  "Get Out of the Way, Fate". So, of the two that's being claimed as the English title for this drama, I suppose that "It's My Life" is the closer sentiment. "Leave it to Destiny" is the antithesis of the Korean title for this drama.

Don't think I'll be watching it since I'm not sure I have it in me to start another daily drama right now, but it does look intriguing. I'll be peeking in from time to time to see how people are enjoying this drama before I determine whether I'm in, I guess. :)

Oh come on @stroppyse  It wouldn't be much fun without you. You don;t have to recap just watch leave it to someone else..:innocent:

OMG I spoke way to soon.. There was some kind of borth secret but good thing we got it out of the way.. Seems like it would be wrap up in the first 2 episodes.. I has wonder how the dad just allowed people to enter they homr go into bedrooms and do what they like behind closed doors.. We as it turns out he was there to collect DNA.. Seems like the adopted family lost there daughter..

Looks we have and OTP but seems like her mom sold off for her dads surgery or the parents wasn't going to allow her to be YNJ becauase of his unknown orgin.. It seems like the slow boy is whom she set up with.. 

We so far good first episodes introducing some of these characters.    

@jayakris  I think to two msle lead are related.. It seems that G/pa look for his G/son before the greedy duo got they hand on his fortune.. 

39 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Oh come on @stroppyse  It wouldn't be much fun without you. You don;t have to recap just watch leave it to someone else..:innocent:

Yes @stroppyse we will really miss you so much here :) plz join.

whenever I love the OTP and they are separated as usual in dailies, I feel so disappointed. So instead I will watch out for some comedy here :). I think it is easier to look at the bigger picture of the drama, I mean to watch things in their context, not just from the point of view of the couples.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, stroppyse said:

I'm really not fond of either the of the English offerings as the title for this drama. The Korean title is more accurately "Move Over, Fate" or  "Get Out of the Way, Fate". So, of the two that's being claimed as the English title for this drama, I suppose that "It's My Life" is the closer sentiment. "Leave it to Destiny" is the antithesis of the Korean title for this drama.

Absolutely.  But I have given up on the drama people getting their English right.  It is like nobody in Korea knows English.  Almost for every drama, they will come up with something that is just way wrong.  I mean, not even close.  The worse thing is that there would often be a correct meaning also in the mix, like "Get out of the way, fate" here.  But somebody will come up with something patently wrong as well, and the wrong name often sticks.  "Leave it to destiny" has precisely the opposite meaning, like you say.  

But then again, I also think that Koreans have an uncanny knack for coming up with wrong usage of English words and phrases, and then to popularize it with nobody questioning it -- like "fighting", "scouting", "specs", "condition", "lip service", "schedule", and so on.  I often feel that only George W Bush's ability to invent words come anywhere close to Koreans' ability to misuse words and phrases.  What is curious is how nobody who knows English (and there are many in Korea who do) is ever able to do something about stopping the popularization of bad English in Korea.

So, can somebody tell me how our man suddenly thought that some lady at the airport is his first-love, looking from behind?   So sure that he even goes and hugs her.   I mean, if he could at least see some of the things that a man might notice, like... ahem... the size of the posterior or something, I could give it a pass.  But the woman has a big coat on her and all he could see was the size of her head.   I guess we have to assume that he is color blind too, and took her hair to be black!!

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아 - Mon-Fri @ 20:25 KST

<iframe src='https://serviceapi.rmcnmv.naver.com/flash/outKeyPlayer.nhn?vid=035F1666EF7C3D14463FB19642665C28D8E3&outKey=V125e2b12431bea9b6712aece79e6a357cf4ae28a348b1e972f18aece79e6a357cf4a&controlBarMovable=true&jsCallable=true&isAutoPlay=true&skinName=tvcast_white' frameborder='no' scrolling='no' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' WIDTH='544' HEIGHT='306' allow='autoplay' allowfullscreen></iframe>

49 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Absolutely.  But I have given up on the drama people getting their English right.  It is like nobody in Korea knows English.  Almost for every drama, they will come up with something that is just way wrong.  I mean, not even close.  The worse thing is that there would often be a correct meaning also in the mix, like "Get out of the way, fate" here.  But somebody will come up with something patently wrong as well, and the wrong name often sticks.  "Leave it to destiny" has precisely the opposite meaning, like you say.  

But then again, I also think that Koreans have an uncanny knack for coming up with wrong usage of English words and phrases, and then to popularize it with nobody questioning it -- like "fighting", "scouting", "specs", "condition", "lip service", "schedule", and so on.  I often feel that only George W Bush's ability to invent words come anywhere close to Koreans' ability to misuse words and phrases.  What is curious is how nobody who knows English (and there are many in Korea who do) is ever able to do something about stopping the popularization of bad English in Korea.

@jayakris  I don't think it really have anything to do with the proper use of  English.. It's just that Koreans form there sentences differently then we do and when one is speaking to a non english speaking or semi english speaking Korean person such sentences has to be spoken for them to understand.. Don't get me wromg I do get what your saying especially the ones who just come back from the states and have been studying in school..

58 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yes @stroppyse we will really miss you so much here :) plz join.

whenever I love the OTP and they are separated as usual in dailies, I feel so disappointed. So instead I will watch out for some comedy here :). I think it is easier to look at the bigger picture of the drama, I mean to watch things in their context, not just from the point of view of the couples.

Good for you @nohamahamoud2002  to find the humour in the nonsense that will be thrown at us.. Some of these writers throw everything in the kitchen at us including the kitchen sink.. So if I tell you to duck just do so I mean you well :w00t:

4 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

<iframe src='https://serviceapi.rmcnmv.naver.com/flash/outKeyPlayer.nhn?vid=035F1666EF7C3D14463FB19642665C28D8E3&outKey=V125e2b12431bea9b6712aece79e6a357cf4ae28a348b1e972f18aece79e6a357cf4a&controlBarMovable=true&jsCallable=true&isAutoPlay=true&skinName=tvcast_white' frameborder='no' scrolling='no' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' WIDTH='544' HEIGHT='306' allow='autoplay' allowfullscreen></iframe>

What happend @0ly40 ?

15 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@jayakris there is a video of DNA parentage test, like you predicted :lol:, I am not sure what it is about, still waiting for subs

It says "An Seok Ho - Hair strand" and "Yang Nam Jin - Tooth brush" in the first page, and then 99.8 percent match for paternity probability on the second page.  The old chairman is NamJin's grandfather, as the lawyer finds out.  Now, how did those people know which toothbrush to take?  I guess we shouldn't ask questions :)

I am still laughing that we thought there would be no birth secret.  Even a DNA test is all done in the first Ep itself.  The extreme opposite of what we thought.

Archived