[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

It’s seem it interesting ep today I will watch later with eng sub I’am in work now thanks for recap I appreciated that 

@Ameera Ali I know how you feel my work week resue tomorrow the Vacation will really be over and I'll be depending on other as well.. But I'll do what I can to keep you informed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hi everyone, I actually tried watching a couple of episodes of this drama, mostly because it was so much fun sharing the thread on SAT, however, I'm having a tough time with a few things. Most especially with the story line of the second female lead getting affianced to the mentally challenged man who is the son of a wealthier family, I guess. I'm uncomfortable with the characterization of the mentally challenged man and the circumstances that have made him claim the second lead female whose mother had basically sold her off in marriage to him for money. I'm really not seeing how this plot line can go anywhere positive.

I may be overreacting, so interested to hear what you all think about this drama so far, including the second female lead's story line thus far.

@stroppyse  Hi and welcome not many or here but as always others will join in also..

So far I'm enjoying the plot.. Normally when we have a daily with a birth secret,, The secret don't become known not until close to the end or at the end.. This one seems to be raping it fast in the first few weeks which I love so that way we don't have to go around well they almost foudnd out and so on.. You know how Kdrama cliche goes we have seen it all to many times but starting off like this is something fresh for me.. I don;t know how others feel about but fior me who has been watching Kdalies for over 13+ years yes I;m enjoying it..  I mean G/pa spend 30 years looking fior his one legit G/son..  I'm wondering who told him the child was dead in the first place or why he even thought that..

Onto another note why hasn't the mother ever mention to her own child that he could have a brother out there some place.. It seems she only told him half of the story which I question.. I wonder has she ever took her son to the death display case (can't think of the name for it now) even though he's burried with another woman but all and all he's still supposed to be his father.. I'm wondering if Dad meet her at work and she claims to have relations with him.. She could have found out wife gave birth to a son first and had him kidnap or gotten rid of so he wouldn't become a threat to her child.. Now I'm questioning who was born first because in her desperation she wanted her child to be listed first or the only G/child thinking they would become distraught over the true missing G/child they would just except hers.. Which kleads me to question is he even related to the family at all..

Now JA.. She should just chalk life up to fate.. I see her becoming a golddigger.. She's will enlist NJ to help her get rid of Lollipop Boiy while she have her eyes set upon SW.. She's going to change a long time friendship into a lifetime enemy in my opinion..  

My guess is we still got some more side characters to come in because NJ is going to need some trusted friends to help him tackle mom and son.  

Maybe NJ could team up with SH dad golddigging wife brother to help him fight SW and Mom.. 

So I'm finding it fun with aklso seeking the humour in it all.. So let's just watch with ease and make the best of it..:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm uncomfortable with the characterization of the mentally challenged man and the circumstances that have made him claim the second lead female whose mother had basically sold her off in marriage to him for money. I'm really not seeing how this plot line can go anywhere positive.

I may be overreacting, so interested to hear what you all think about this drama so far, including the second female lead's story line thus far.

Don't worry about that story line.  The second lead takes care of that issue herself, pretty soon (though the lollypop boy hasn't given up).  I don't think it will lead to anything too unpalatable...

It is somewhat of a different daily drama so far.  Nobody looks too evil or anything, and it may not become a real makjang.  The lead guy and the lead lady are both very good characters so far (well, the lead lady is having a tough time handling the plans others are making with her life).  I am certainly liking the drama.

I think you should continue watching.  My expectation is that the drama will not upset you (or me) much.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:53 AM, dramaninja said:

NJ and SJ are really sweet to each other, her mom had asthma too that  why she knew how to take can of his mom,I can see the sweetness coming up in the future. :heart:

She said her own late mom had asthma problems, so she knows about it.  The scene was cute though.  Once again, I am surprised at how openly NJ shows that he likes SJ.  Today he said that she is "a pretty friend who shows understanding".  It made SJ almost blush.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:
On 11/14/2018 at 11:53 AM, dramaninja said:

NJ and SJ are really sweet to each other, her mom had asthma too that  why she knew how to take can of his mom,I can see the sweetness coming up in the future. :heart:

She said her own late mom had asthma problems, so she knows about it.  The scene was cute though.  Once again, I am surprised at how openly NJ shows that he likes SJ.  Today he said that she is "a pretty friend who shows understanding".  It made SJ almost blush.

@dramaninja  & @jayakris  Once she realizes he stab her and forfited his deal with her she's going to drop him like a hot potato.. I can almost picture her throwing that ring in his face calling everything off.. But being that G/pa is headed back to the hospital again I don't see SW wasting no time trying to rush her down the isle.. This is how she might find out about her dads wedding.. 

I love this drama, I think grandfather will start fight between two brother over inheritance. We all know there’s just something about money , greed ,and long buried resentments that bubbles to the surface when there’s a great substantial inheritance involved :D

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love this drama, I think grandfather will start fight between two brother over inheritance. We all know there’s just something about money , greed ,and long buried resentments that bubbles to the surface when there’s a great substantial inheritance involved :D

@ameera  Sw has no one to be mad at but his mom.. She has been lying to him from day 1.. It's no wa in the world can she say she didn't know he had another child.. As obesessed with NJ father she is she had to keep tabs on the.. NJ dad looks to be happy with his wife.. I think it was her that coyld never let go and may have druged NJ father just to sleep with him.. Like in most dramas women like her do these sorts of things which allow me to question SW lineage.. Sw has grown up to believe everything belongs to him but now he's in for a fight he never thought he would have to fight.. Mom sent him to G/pa's house to put everyone out when it's him that has to leave..

Even SW Mom is fooling SJ, She's going to find out she was at the same dress shop on the day her Dad mistress was trying on wedding dresses.. I see they are sure in a big hurry to get her married to SW..  I see there plans blowing up in they face espoecially when SW was only marrying her for her Dad shares to take over HK group.. SJ is going to feel used and thats the worst feeling anyone could have.. SW knows her and NJ are friends and will do all he can to keep them apart even if ot means enlisting JA to play on NJ emotions..

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Dont know what was said but ti look like a sweet conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joKD7bZSYyw

The preview looks real good man this drama is moving fast

@dramaninja Mom has pump into his head that G/pa and NJ Mom got something going on and she's scared that a new wife will jeapordized what she thinks all belongs to her son.  SW plan to go and put them all out of the house blew up in his face.. What rights he thought he had to come there may have showed him he is never allowed there and it seens that G/pa threw him out..  Mom went to the lawyer office trying to pick him for information on G/pa and his precious guest which the lawyer did say much only to have her son leaving angry.. I think next week SW may go and file G/pa legally incompetent.. So my guess is NJ identity maybe exposed next week.     

Oh yes onto another note nothing much happend with JA and her husband buit she sure saw him running around the neighborhood looking for her he has plastered her picture up in the facinity she lives in.. I'm just wondering when will she stop running and hiding and decides to do something about him.. I see SW making her a deal she can't refuse and that will be to double cross NJ after all he's done for her..  

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

NJ gave the right advice to someone who is indifferent but SW is trash! But I think his advice will  help him  with her in the future. 

The preview shows that SW will have another encounter with JA soon.  My feeling is that he himself will call off the wedding with SJ because he may realize that he too can feel actual "love" towards somebody like JA, to his own surprise...  If not, and if he back-stabs SJ, pulling a fast one on her by taking her to the dad's wedding, he will really pay for that and she will call off the wedding!   But I am enjoying the open dialogs about a "no love" marriage between SJ and SW though.  There is some originality in it.

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Sw has no one to be mad at but his mom.. She has been lying to him from day 1.. It's no way in the world can she say she didn't know he had another child.. As obsessed with NJ father she is she had to keep tabs on the.. NJ dad looks to be happy with his wife.. I think it was her that could never let go and may have drugged NJ father just to sleep with him.. Like in most dramas women like her do these sorts of things which allow me to question SW lineage.. Sw has grown up to believe everything belongs to him but now he's in for a fight he never thought he would have to fight.. Mom sent him to G/pa's house to put everyone out when it's him that has to leave..

I was thinking like you initially, out of our experience from seeing similar women in other dramas, but was also rethinking a bit after the last 2-3 episodes, as SW and his mom aren't being shown as "extremely evil" or anything.  They were not planning to pull any makjang like remove the grandpa from chairmanship, etc, and SH's treatment of SJ like a daughter is shown so far to be somewhat genuine too.   SW is just arrogant, and is bound to do things like a cut-throat businessman, but he also is straight-forward in what he tells SJ and is not trying to sweet-talk her into believing that he loves her.  So I give him credit for that.  So, the drama may not be portraying SH and SW like some of the heartless schemers we have seen in other dramas.  Just ambitious people who look at life as a business.

The way the grandpa talked to the lawyer about changing SW's last name, it didn't look like SW is not a grandson.  Not how they would talk if either of them was suspicious. Maybe the grandpa's cold behavior to SW had to do only with his hatred of SW's mom, just as she always tells SW.  Based on what the grandpa said to NJ today, that SW's mom had called YG on the day of his death (and his wife's), the grandpa seems to put some blame on SH for it all, and that translated to his coldness towards SW.   Like he feels that the knowledge of SH being pregnant with SW was a part of the reason why YG was in a mess and drove himself to his death, with his wife following him.  I still think that SH had some hand in the death of NJ's parents, and the theft of baby NJ, and it may be more serious than just calling YG and leading him to his death (probably drunk driving and an accident).  But the grandpa probably doesn't know it.  He just hates SH and became cold to SW; and that may be all there is.  At least the last couple of episodes make me feel that way.

Maybe the drama overplayed that angle, and made us all suspicious, because we never see grandpas being like that to sole grandsons in other dramas (though in real life they indeed can be, especially in situations like in this drama, of the grandson being born out of wedlock).  Also, the way SH talked to the lawyer in today's episode about the name change, she doesn't seem to feel that the lawyer has suspicions on SW's parents either.  At least there is nothing mutually known to them about SW being somebody else's son.  And the drama has shown nothing to indicate that SH's love for YG was not genuine, for her to be sleeping around at that time.  So I am tempted to think at this point that SW is indeed YG's son.  Not enough counter-evidence.

... but.. then we saw the preview of E11 today, and again the grandpa says in it that SW is not his grandson.  So, maybe there is more to come on this matter.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

The preview shows that SW will have another encounter with JA soon.  My feeling is that he himself will call off the wedding with SJ because he may realize that he too can feel actual "love" towards somebody like JA, to his own surprise...  If not, and if he back-stabs SJ, pulling a fast one on her by taking her to the dad's wedding, he will really pay for that and she will call off the wedding!   But I am enjoying the open dialogs about a "no love" marriage between SJ and SW though.  There is some originality in it.

I was thinking like you initially, out of our experience from seeing similar women in other dramas, but was also rethinking a bit after the last 2-3 episodes, as SW and his mom aren't being shown as "extremely evil" or anything.  They were not planning to pull any makjang like remove the grandpa from chairmanship, etc, and SH's treatment of SJ like a daughter is shown so far to be somewhat genuine too.   SW is just arrogant, and is bound to do things like a cut-throat businessman, but he also is straight-forward in what he tells SJ and is not trying to sweet-talk her into believing that he loves her.  So I give him credit for that.  So, the drama may not be portraying SH and SW like some of the heartless schemers we have seen in other dramas.  Just ambitious people for who look at life as a business.

The way the grandpa talked to the lawyer about changing SW's last name, it didn't look like SW is not a grandson.  Not how they would talk if either of them was suspicious. Maybe the grandpa's cold behavior to SW had to do only with his hatred of SW's mom, just as she always tells SW.  Based on what the grandpa said to NJ today, that SW's mom had called YG on the day of his death (and his wife's), the grandpa seems to put some blame on SH for it all, and that translated to his coldness towards SW.   Like he feels that the knowledge of SH being pregnant with SW was a part of the reason why YG was in a mess and drove himself to his death, with his wife following him.  I still think that SH had some hand in the death of NJ's parents, and the theft of baby NJ, and it may be more serious than just calling YG and leading him to his death (probably drunk driving and an accident).  But the grandpa probably doesn't know it.  He just hates SH and became cold to SW; and that may be all there is.  At least the last couple of episodes make me feel that way.

Maybe the drama overplayed that angle, and made us all suspicious, because we never see grandpas being like that to sole grandsons in other dramas (though in real life they indeed can be, especially in situations like in this drama, of the grandson being born out of wedlock).  Also, the way SH talked to the lawyer in today's episode about the name change, she doesn't seem to feel that the lawyer has suspicions on SW's parents either.  At least there is nothing mutually known to them about SW being somebody else's son.  And the drama has shown nothing to indicate that SH's love for YG was not genuine, for her to be sleeping around at that time.  So I am tempted to think at this point that SW is indeed YG's son.  Not enough counter-evidence.

... but.. then we saw the preview of E11 today, and again the grandpa says in it that SW is not his grandson.  So, maybe there is more to come on this matter.

@jayakris & @dramaninja  Hello, Back from morning work hours and happy to see subs are out.. Forgive my typos.. Responding in order thats highlighted..

No way will SW call off this weddding with NJ in the picture.. To him marriage is a business deal and he would rather marry a woman he don't love and love his mistress only.. I see him and Mom trying to hurry and rush her down the isle before she or anyone finds out that the real heir exsits..  So NJ did give SJ some good advice but she also knows he's a man that shares the same beliefs as her and they both some what on the same wave links.. SW will rather live a life like his father he feels he's entitled to this being a Bastad child himself.. He'll have two women one he loves and one for business purpose only.. The man who couldn't love will fall in love and fall hard..

No so far SW and Mom hasn't shown their true colors yet but this past board meeting was to kick G/pa out.. Until NJ flip the script on them thats the reason SW said at the end of the meeting he fouled up our plans just with these three things.. SW didn't know that those boardmembers was taken kick backs.. He's already shown to make bad judgement and decisions.. All he card about was sitting in the president seat.. So yes kicking G/pa out of the company was apart of the plan..  Yes I also give him credit for being straight forward.. He's not going to accept her decision because he feels she agreed to it.. I see and engagement announcement made public without her consent..

So far no one is suspicous, SH feels very confident about SW linage, But G/pa called her a venmous snake and she still have more skin to shed.. We will know just how much she hated NJ mom once his identity is exposed.. We will be able to tell or get some thoughts about back then.. From the way G/pa spoke today NJ is older then SW.. I with you on one thing she's involved in their deaths if not direct it's indirect..  She had no reasons to sweat bullets since G/pa decided to list SW but now another scrpit has been flip and it is going to come down to SW will also have to have a bloodtest done.. It's going to be either she don't know SW isn't the mans child and she'll find out and maybe swop NJ DNA with SW.. She has to make sure SW don't find out he's not related or anyione to find out..

My mind is set on the driver that G/pa was talking about in one of his moments..  I back to don't why but my mind keeps wondering back to him.. He could be involved in all of this.. This could be where NJ adopted mom man came in at.. But all and all I still thinks she had somethung to do with NJ going missing just a day after his birth.. She knew if the child ever made it home she wouldn't get another chance to have something done to him..

Finally to your last comment my mind keeps leading back to SW being the old drivers son child..

Side note: How long will JA keeps up her antics.. Did you get a load of what the flyer said looking for missing wife who ran off:w00t:  

I just thought of this yes she's involved with the parents death.. She knows that he's still married and lives with the wife in order to make her child the sole heir befire wife gets pregnant again is to kill off the man and SW could have it all.. 

I see what you are saying there, @sava2sava ...  There is every possibility that things will shake out like you say.   I was just saying that the drama has not done too much to hint that it will go that way, just yet.  I need to go back and check on the driver thing.  I think I missed it, if the grandpa said something.  So, is this driver the guy that NJ's mom was talking about, as the loser who brought NJ to her and disappeared on her soon after?

=============

Meanwhile, here is the preview blurb on Ep 11, at the KBS drama site - 시우(강태성)는 서로를 살뜰하게 챙기는 안회장(남일우)과 남진(박윤재)을 보며 묘한 분노에 휩싸인다. 공모전 브리핑을 위해 현강을 찾은 진아(진예솔)는 시우와 맞닥뜨리고, 남진은 둘의 모습을 목격하는데...

Translation:  "Having seen Chmn Ahn and JN caring for each other so lovingly, SW was caught in a weird rage. As JA runs into SW while at HyunKang for a contest briefing, NJ witnesses the sight of those two together".

The drama is really doing great in ratings.  On AGB Nielsen, here they are, for the first 10 episodes where it was always in first place - 17.3, 16.7, 14.7, 17.8, 16.7, 16.4, 17.2, 17.5, 18.9, 17.3..   Episode 9 had the highest rating so far.  For comparison, the previous drama in this slot, SAT, did not reach similar numbers till the 80th episode, and had numbers higher than 18.9 only after 100 episodes.

That ridiculous

Are we supposed to sympathise with her now, just because she was SINCERE while raising NJ . Seriously ,full salute .Another drama shy about highlighting the seriesness of raising baby and never reporting it to police .if I didn’t know better I would think it’s normal thing . How come she didn’t know her ex is shady ?

23 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I see what you are saying there, @sava2sava ...  There is every possibility that things will shake out like you say.   I was just saying that the drama has not done too much to hint that it will go that way, just yet.  I need to go back and check on the driver thing.  I think I missed it, if the grandpa said something.  So, is this driver the guy that NJ's mom was talking about, as the loser who brought NJ to her and disappeared on her soon after?

=============

Meanwhile, here is the preview blurb on Ep 11, at the KBS drama site - 시우(강태성)는 서로를 살뜰하게 챙기는 안회장(남일우)과 남진(박윤재)을 보며 묘한 분노에 휩싸인다. 공모전 브리핑을 위해 현강을 찾은 진아(진예솔)는 시우와 맞닥뜨리고, 남진은 둘의 모습을 목격하는데...

Translation:  "Having seen Chmn Ahn and JN caring for each other so lovingly, SW was caught in a weird rage. As JA runs into SW while at HyunKang for a contest briefing, NJ witnesses the sight of those two together".

The drama is really doing great in ratings.  On AGB Nielsen, here they are, for the first 10 episodes where it was always in first place - 17.3, 16.7, 14.7, 17.8, 16.7, 16.4, 17.2, 17.5, 18.9, 17.3..   Episode 9 had the highest rating so far.  For comparison, the previous drama in this slot, SAT, did not reach similar numbers till the 80th episode, and had numbers higher than 18.9 only after 100 episodes.

Interesting NJ already knows SW is suppose to be engaged or whatever the heck that is I wonder how he will react.

Since he cares about both those ladies.

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

No so far SW and Mom hasn't shown their true colors yet but this past board meeting was to kick G/pa out.. Until NJ flip the script on them thats the reason SW said at the end of the meeting he fouled up our plans just with these three things.. SW didn't know that those boardmembers was taken kick backs.. He's already shown to make bad judgement and decisions.. All he card about was sitting in the president seat.. So yes kicking G/pa out of the company was apart of the plan.. 

I think it was slightly different, @sava2sava.  We saw the mom and son discussing it and saying that they should just wait it out till he passed away.  They didn't want to kick the grandpa out from the chairman position.  In other dramas we have seen the schemers trying to kick some chairman or CEO out, for no benefit but personal gratification.  The smart thing will be to make somebody a lame duck and wrest control by bringing enough directors to your side.   That is what SW and SH were trying here.  They were simply going to out-vote the chairman on canceling the subcontractor selections, at the meeting.  Had that happened, the chairmanship would then only be a title, and SW who orchestrated the investments would be the one in control.  Everybody would know that, and they would all just wait it out for the chairman to pass away.  That is the kind of power games that actually happen in companies.  SW and SH just didn't expect that the chairman had his own ideas on how to handle them!

But SW was actually not doing anything illegal or deliberately harmful for the company either.  He was just showing his inexperience.  Despite all his bragging that he is so smart, he badly screwed up in not anticipating that the directors would try to get kickbacks and make money in company selections under the scheme he was pushing.  You don't dump longtime suppliers with established credibility and try to select a whole bunch of new suppliers in a hurry.  That is a recipe for corruption by directors and executives.  That is somewhat standard, if the leadership does not watch out for that.  With his New York MBA background, he was trying to drum up investments in a hurry, but it badly backfired on him.  I liked it when he showed his immaturity again, by yelling at the directors for taking kickbacks.  Hello?  What did you expect, you asshat??  Kickbacks and cross-shareholding are exactly what happens when one tries what SW was trying to do, without proper checks.  He should have expected and watched out for the issue -- which is pretty basic, and was immediately caught by NJ when he saw the documents!

I watched until epi 10 and the whole time, I am having a hard time analyzing the SeungJoo character.  She seem to be strong at the beginning but gets taken down in a flash - especially by Choi Siu.  Choi Siu is really getting in my nerves - he is so commanding.  And why the hell can't SJ make it clear to him that she is not interested in him and no engagement nor marriage is going to happen?

Another annoying character is SeungJoo dad - I don't know yet how to describe him - he is blinded by fake love himself.

Does Choi SiU even know  he is an illegitimate son?  Why is he eager on inheriting the wealth of the old man?  And I hope the Nam Jin character changes to a bolder one -- him being too positive hasn't clicked on me yet.  And I hope they don't axe the old man yet - I want to see the old man battle it against the conceited Choi Siu.

@jayakrisand @sava2sava- I have a feeling there was something between SW mom and Mr. Lee.  Mr. Lee couldn't take his eyes off her when he saw her at the gate and while she was driving off.  It took me back to epi. 1 where Mr. Lee mistook another lady to be his SeungHi.

Could he be SW's real dad?  Plus - unlike  NJ, SW doesn't have any resemblance at all to YG.

Archived