[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

12 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

As for Seong-Joo, she is a realistic image. If a person  did a lot of misdeeds, the victim would be careful to forgive and accept the perpetrator. The victim would observe if the perpetrator really regrets her/ his misdeeds and mends her/his way. S/he also needs some time to heal her/his wounds. These things may take some time (months or even years). As another commenter puts it, this is not like 'cheap forgiveness' that blights these dramas.

Looks like SJ was right in thinking that people don't change overnight, when everybody else was in way too much of hurry to believe SH's transformation as a kind and gentler person.  In today's Ep 97, it became pretty clear that she is still the same SH, who keeps on making life tough for others with devious and divisive plans that are so selfishness-based.  She assumes that she is doing a big favor for NJ by splitting up the company, while he repeatedly tells that he is happy in his life with all the people he has around him and that he has no interest in the company.  This has been SH's problem.  She is so selfish that she assumes everybody else is.   Even when she wants to do good things (and I believe she is genuine in wanting to "do something good" towards NJ), all she can think of are divisive things that will only pit NJ against SU and create more and more troubles, while the half-brothers understand and trust each other and get along very well right now.   This kind of negative energy around SH is precisely what SJ sees, and that is why she said people don't change.  At a fundamental level, they rarely do.  At least not that fast.  SJ was right.  It seems further shenanigans from a (somewhat) "kinder, gentler" but still very negative SH is what is in store for the rest of the drama.  Now she is into interfering in the NJ-SJ wedding matter, again making things difficult for everybody.  What a character!

In other updates from today, the lawyer did not announce a winner for the contest.  He said that the SU also had told him that he was giving up being the successor, just as NJ had done earlier.  So he said no decision can be made on the successor and that they would wait for a couple of years now.  He made the members of both teams permanent though, so everybody is happy.  The scenes between JA and SU were quite nice today, as he goes to the beach with her.  She felt bad and finally called SH to tell her that they are fine, and SH was blaming her for making him drive.  SU grabs the phone and hangs up on SH.  Meanwhile, SH  tells YSJ not to worry about the wedding plans that YSJ was thinking of, saying she will give it to a wedding planner.  That woman SH wants to interfere and screw things up all the time.  SJ's dad wanted to meet YSJ to discuss the NJ-SJ wedding, and SH hears from SG about it (after she bought some jewelry for the same purpose, thinking she will be the one playing the "mother" in this).  Yikes...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how CSH can make company changes without the permission of lawyer Heo, the CEO, but she's boldly moving forward.  This is going to be fun as she antagonizes both boys, CEO, and all the people around her, then finds herself thrown to the curb in the end.  NJ and SW are finding a common thread in that they both reject her interference, so the brother relationship should get stronger to reject her pushiness.  My bet is that she loses everything in the end, and nobody will care.  <_<

Looks like more trouble, and everybody will be upset at SH and nobody will care for her, just as @msmy just said, looking at the preview of the next episode (E98/ Thursday).

http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,99,791465

Blurb: 성당에서 스몰 웨딩을 준비하는 시우(강태성)와 진아(진예솔). 수희(김혜리)를 초대하지 않겠다는 시우를 보며 진아는 걱정에 잠긴다. 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 현강을 둘로 쪼개려는 수희의 앞을 막아서는데...

Translation: SU and JA prepare for a small wedding at a church.  JA is left worried about SU who says he won't invite SH. Lawyer Heo tries to prevent SH's plan to split HyunKang into two.

Jeez, why can't this woman SH just give up, rather than continue this scheming that in the end is not at all in her own interest?

I don't see anybody giving in to CSH, and she certainly had more than 3 strikes against her in this episode.  Trying to meet with SJ's "stepmom" for the wedding.... strike 1 when it was NJ's mom who met with the family.  Attempting to send expensive jewelry that was rejected.... strike 2.  And finding out about SW's wedding after it was over.. strike 3.  She is really being shunned!!  NJ is not giving in and is threatening to go back to the home town if his mother goes.  Lawyer Heo confronted her about the plans to split the company, but she boldly moves on.  Wow,  she isn't going to quit.  

Well, it was a lovely wedding with beautiful music, and attended by the people SW and JA appreciated.  When CSH got to the church with everyone gone, she certainly was at the right place to repent, but of course, she collapsed in self pity once again.  Funny how the nun who was cleaning up just continued to walk out as CSH had her meltdown with Mr. Jang at her side.  ^_^  Such compassion.

SJ is reading the tea leaves right when she predicts a messy and contentious household.  It kind of looked like in the preview that CSH is getting kicked out, but maybe someone will stand up for her.  I hope JA doesn't miscarry because of the bad behavior, but CSH is still digging in.

We're almost at episode 100, so time for some predictions, fellow posters.   I pick CSH will see some jail time by really going off the rails.  Any ideas???B)

I see this drama is being extended to 124 episodes.

3 hours ago, msmy said:

We're almost at episode 100, so time for some predictions, fellow posters.   I pick CSH will see some jail time by really going off the rails.  Any ideas???B)

I see this drama is being extended to 124 episodes.

@msmy, sorry to cut our post; my thought either jail or mental hospital.  In the preview she took a lot of pills and yelling at SJ acting :crazy:.

Extended to 124? I guess they are milking it out cause this drama is getting high rating at their time slot. Writer nim must be very busy  adding additional scenario. They should keep the original number of episodes:angry:.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, msmy said:

Well, it was a lovely wedding with beautiful music, and attended by the people SW and JA appreciated.  When CSH got to the church with everyone gone, she certainly was at the right place to repent, but of course, she collapsed in self pity once again.  Funny how the nun who was cleaning up just continued to walk out as CSH had her meltdown with Mr. Jang at her side.  ^_^  Such compassion.

I hope JA doesn't miscarry because of the bad behavior, but CSH is still digging in.

That was an unintentionally funny scene. The nun was so sweet; her little bow at the end just added to the politeness factor. Then she just keeps walking out after CSH collapses, like this kind of thing happens all the time at the chapel. (Must be a popular Kdrama filming site!) She gave one tiny glance backward, but obviously, CSH didn't rate enough with her to get more than that. The melodramatic music swelled to a crescendo as I started laughing like a lunatic during my lunch hour.  I hope the nun (or the extra playing the nun) got a well-deserved pat on the back and some serious extra cash to spend or donate!  Bravo! 

I was sure JA was about to miscarry, and CSW would probably have to be restrained from doing great bodily harm to CSH. That would be a total mess, and good for a whole bunch of episodes; however, I hope the writer doesn't go there. The stressful living situation is not conducive to her health, or the baby's health. I trust that CSW continues to stand up and protect JA. Loved that scene a couple of episodes ago when he yanked the phone away from JA and hung up on his momma. That was one of my favorite scenes this week, along with the chapel nun. 

Preview for Ep 100 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,101,791543

Blurb: 남진(박윤재)과 승주(서효림)는 돌아가신 승주의 어머니를 만나러 수목장으로 향한다. 남진과 시우(강태성)의 외면 속에서 극심한 스트레스에 시달리던 수희(김혜리)는 급기야 공황발작을 일으키는데...

Translation: NJ and SJ head to the woodland burial site of SJ's mom.  Suffering serious stress from being ignored by SJ and SU, SH is in the grips of a panic disorder.

-------------

Thanks, @msmy and @shamrockmom for pointing out the nun's reaction.  I had missed it the first time I watched the scene in E99.  Yes, it is seriously hilarious!

I was a bit surprised that everybody just went with SU's plan to keep SH out and nobody tried to rationalize that it is actually very cruel to SH who raised the guy for 30 years, though she fully deserves such cruelty.  Nobody tried to be too nice, and they all seemed to feel that the woman deserved it.  I liked SU's rationale for it - that it would not be fair to his dead parents, especially his birth mom, to have SH at the wedding.  But he had not conveyed it to any of them except JA.  But they didn't even need to be told, for them to go along with the plan.  For once, the drama didn't show anybody being too nice.

On a different matter, am I the only one who feels that some of the supporting cast women are quite good-looking in this drama?  I think both the older women in NJ's team are good looking.  Also, the Yeon Ji actress is a very pretty lady.  Serious dimples! And a good actress too.  She has potential to do a lead role in a daily drama or something down the line.

Not sure if I like the way this is going, but we've flipped from a confrontational, tough love approach to sympathy for a sick woman.  The pills CSH took were to address a psychological disorder, and she went into a panic attack on SJ.  The doctor was called in and the family was told of her condition, and that she needed psychiatric care.  It shook SJ up so much that she is backing off once again.  It seems the stress and tension trigger the problems for CSH, so both boys are taken aback.  I only hope they don't fold, but maybe the writer has a clever way of dealing with this kind of condition that makes sense.  We don't see this in too many dramas, but both patient and the people around them need to know how to address psychological disorders to keep some sort of stability for everyone.

@jayakris... Yes, the women are attractive and I didn't remember that Yeon Ji was in "Father is Strange".  She is so cute with those dimples!  I thought from the beginning that lawyer Heo's sister was striking with her beautiful gray hair, but I find nothing about this actress.  Other than Bang who is totally ugly, the cast is wonderful.^_^

3 minutes ago, msmy said:

Not sure if I like the way this is going, but we've flipped from a confrontational, tough love approach to sympathy for a sick woman. 

Neither do I.  It is great to show sympathy for a person who is sick, but this is something SH brought this on herself.  In addition to feeling left out, she is not even making attempt to feel sorry for what she did to SW birth mother.  I am with SW in him not wanting SH to know about his marriage ceremony as he wanted a small wedding before JA starts showing and that SH would object to it and make it something that SW did not want at this time.  Also, since it was a respectful thing to do for his bio mom who thought that she lost her child and that the child was near her but she did not know and that the child after finding out needs to figure out how to incorporate the two mothers into his circle and respect both of them.  But it is understandable since SH did this to his bio mom.  Anyway, it is a vicious cycle and it is normal for SW to feel this way.

Yes, the women are very attractive, but I seem to be liking DS of late.  He seems to be such a good boyfriend, loving and caring.  

I haven't seen the episode yet but I already hate it, reading about it here.  the writers always make the villain fall sick, go crazy or kill themselves.  We will be taken through some sob stories of the fox as if all her pain and suffering in her youth is acceptable reasons for what she did.  

I just saw the episode where that lawyer told Siu that he is the legitimate heir so the rightful owner of the company.  Previously, it was all about the competition that Grandpa wanted. I had wondered how did they make an honourable, wise, kind and caring man into a lawyer?  Now I know.  He has the forked tongue of one!  

In his anguish, Siu spoke only about his feelings, his anger, etc.  Just like the woman who raised him and the woman he fell in love with, Siu is all about me-me-me.   In the past, he chose to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to what the fox did.  it is good that he knows what it feels like to be directly affected by her actions.  Otherwise, he will spend his whole life thinking the end justifies the means.  He still has a long way to go but there's hope for him.

I have not seen the episode with the 'funny' nun.  I had a similar experience years ago.  I was at the hospital visiting with a cousin who we were told 'could pass at any time'.  a very heart breaking time.  I was leaving the prayer room when I saw this woman sitting on a bench, sobbing into her hanky.  I had seen her at the ward a couple of times.  Her sister's infant boy was dying. The boy was born with some congenital heart disease.  Too small and weak to operate on, the little one was not expected to live beyond a few days.  And I had heard that this woman (the one crying) had quarreled with her family and left home.  She came to visit when she heard about her nephew.  

I saw her crying.  i sat beside her.  passed her some tissues.  When she stopped sobbing, she asked me to leave.  She said I was intruding into her space.  She said not everyone wants to be comforted; some want to be left alone.  I never forgot those words.  It is true.  We assume that people need what we would like in that situation.  

Sometimes the kindest thing we can do is leave the person alone.  But we are conditioned to think that is lack of compassion and we must express empathy in words or deeds. 

It's just that in a church, those are the people one would expect to receive comfort from, since that is their lifetime commitment.  I understand if it was an individual who was reaching out and was turned away, but a nun or priest??  That's why they're there.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

It's just that in a church, those are the people one would expect to receive comfort from, since that is their lifetime commitment.  I understand if it was an individual who was reaching out and was turned away, but a nun or priest??  That's why they're there.

Sorry to be off-topic.  I like to sit in empty quiet Churches, Temples and Mosques.  There's a sense of peace and calm in these Houses of Worship.   I go esp when I am very stressed at work or disturbed by something.  But I go just to be in that peaceful place.  Not to seek human comfort.  But I do see your point.  In this case, the writer maybe trying to portray that even "God" abandoned the fox.  But of course, that wouldn't be "God".

In the first place, Siu's marriage in the Church is a mockery to the Church.  The writer may not realised that.  Since neither Sui nor JA are Catholics, they cannot marry in the Church.  

So it is obvious the writer knows next to nothing about the Church. 

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

One tiny correction to your preview translation in the second sentence.

"Suffering serious stress at being ignored by Nam Jin and Si Woo, Soo Hee finally gives in to a panic attack... "

It doesn't seem to indicate that being ignored by SJ has anything to do with SH's panic attack.

Thanks @stroppyse for catching the bug.  It was a typo.  Yes, nothing to do with SJ. Only NJ and SU.   I think of something and type something else sometimes!

Ep 101 preview - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,102,791622

Blurb: 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 남진(박윤재)에게 현강의 분리를 막기 위해 수희(김혜리)가 추진 중인 이태리 브랜드 콜라보 사업을 맡아달라 제안한다. 승주(서효림)는 망가지는 수희를 보며 죄책감을 느끼는데...

Translation: To prevent the splitting of the company, Lawyer Heo requests NJ to take over the Italian collaboration brand that SH was pushing ahead with.  SJ feels guilty conscience on seeing SH who is falling apart.

Nothing much happened today.  SJ is seriously shaken, as SH seems to have now got selective amnesia and is showing that she is scared of SJ, who blames herself for being too harsh on SH.  It was sad to see SJ sitting in her bed and saying she was anyway planning to do her best to change her mind on SH for NJ's sake.  The half-brothers are in sync with the lawyer on not splitting the company, and NJ is proceeding with taking over SH's Italian collaboration.  Smart idea by the lawyer, as SH gladly accepts NJ taking over.  SH is so mentally screwed up that she even goes and sleeps in YSJ's room, as she is scared.  She also asks YSJ if they can't all live together after the NJ-SJ marriage.

So where is this drama going?  The writer has written her(him)self into a corner.  Any further twists possible in the story?   Without that, how can they keep viewer interest going?

All I can think of is that SH truly wants to pay for her crimes and decides to go to jail and rot for attempted murder.  Of course she will need to find some proof of asking Mr. Bang to kill the baby.  I don't know what happens to the statute of limitations on attempted murder, but if the criminal brings proof and says she tried to get a baby murdered, I guess the state cannot prevent her from taking punishment.  Unfortunately, Bang will still go scot-free on the kidnapping, thanks to that unacceptable lie from NJ to the prosecutors.  Bang can't be charged on the attempted murder case, as he didn't follow up on what SH asked.

--------------------

Preview for E102 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,103,791670

Blurb: 승주(서효림)는 순자(이종남)와 만나 남진(박윤재)과 결혼한 뒤에 함께 나가 살자고 제안한다. 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 시우(강태성)에게 성을 최 씨에서 안 씨로 돌리자고 하는데...

Translation: SJ meets YSJ and proposes to leave home and live elsewhere after marrying NJ.  Lawyer Heo tells SU that they should change his name from Mr. Choi to Mr. An.

SJ is definitely going to have to find a way to pull herself together and help NJ tackle the issues to come.  Maybe her Dad can help her get a grip and find a strategy that keeps her more out of focus of CSH.  I hope the mental issues are not something concocted by CSH as yet another control mechanism , because  she's good at that.  NJ and SW are doing a good job working in harmony and have lawyer Heo as the cool head to help them.  I'm guessing, though, there is a big surprise on the way to throw a monkey wrench into the works.  :huh:

SJ seems to be  targeted by CSH and her "mental issues".  Preview shows SJ handing in her resignation after today"s episode with what looks like SJ being the trigger for CSH's meltdown.  I'm going out on a limb here and guess that this is not real, and that CSH is just trying to get SJ out of the circle.  Someone is going to overhear a conversation, or meeting, or something that gives CSH away.  <_<

1 hour ago, msmy said:

SJ is definitely being targeted by CSH and her "mental issues".  Preview shows SJ handing in her resignation after today"s episode with what looks like SJ being the trigger for CSH's meltdown.  I'm going out on a limb here and guess that this is not real, and that CSH is just trying to get SJ out of the circle.  Someone is going to overhear a conversation, or meeting, or something that gives CSH away.  <_<

Possible, but I wonder if this isn't a real mental problem.  SH looked genuine when she went and slept beside YSJ and requested her to ask SJ and NJ not to move out after their wedding (so that she can at least see NJ from now on).  Is she putting on a serious act?... As always, we can never put it past her, but I tend to think it may not be an act.  Anyway it is working on SJ.  After NJ begged SJ to stay on as the designer in the Italian collaboration work and SJ finally agreed to join a meeting with SH, it was another act from SH (but it looking quite real again) of being totally nervous and scared of SJ.  Now it seems like SJ has had it and the preview shows her giving her resignation to NJ and saying they should break up.  This is a mess again.

------------

In other updates today from E102, though SH pleaded with YSJ to not allow NJ and SJ to move out after the wedding, YSJ calmly told SJ when they met at the cafe, that they can move out - though without herself joining them.  That made SJ think of working things out with NJ, but the meeting at the end of the episode seemed to totally shake SJ again.  Ajussi explained to SJ's dad and stepmom what is giving SJ mental agony.  Maybe they will get involved.  We will see what happens in the next episode, but I assume NJ will not accept the resignation and any thought on breaking up. 

Meanwhile, SU told the lawyer that he would rather just keep the last name Choe rather than change it to An.  He admitted that he still has way too many good memories with SH and that she is still the mother that raised him.  The death anniversary ritual for his parents is coming up, and he said he would just ask his parents for forgiveness.  By the way, NJ, YSJ and Mrs. Heo want SJ at the memorial and expect SH to be out on a "glamping" trip with Mr. Jang and Ajussi, which should avoid another occasion for SH to see SJ.  But this whole thing is kinda interesting.  I don't remember a drama with a villain going into such a scared mental funk (or acting it) about a good person - that too, a fairly harmless lady like SJ!!  Funny, actually.

------------

Preview for E103 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,104,791701

Blurb: 최근에 혹시 자신이 이상한 언행을 하지 않았냐며 묻는 수희(김혜리)에게 순자(이종남)는 고개를 젓고, 상현(조덕현)과 희철(이정훈)은 수희를 위해 글램핑을 준비한다. 승주(서효림)는 남진(박윤재)에게 사직서를 건네는데...

Translation: YSJ shakes her head as SH asks her if she has been acting weird lately, but Mr. Jang and Ajussi are prepared for some "glamping" for SH's sake. SJ brings up her resignation to NJ.

Episode 89

Spoiler

Credit: KBS World TV

Episode 90

Spoiler

Episode 91 

Spoiler

Episode 92

Spoiler