[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

@shamrockmom... I noticed the books also.  Several years ago there was a drama about an architect, and he picked up an English titled magazine called, "Erections".  I  commented on it in the thread as being hilarious, but others didn't find it odd.   Details, details!:D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview for Ep 90 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,91,790424

Blurb: 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 시우(강태성)가 현강의 적자인 상황에서 현강의 정당한 후계자는 시우가 아닐까 고민한다.  승주(서효림)는 수희(김혜리)에게 남진(박윤재) 앞에 나설 자격이 없다며 수희를 받아들이지 않겠다고 선을 긋는데...

Translation: Lawyer Heo worried whether SU isn't the HK successor, as the proper legal heir of HK. SJ draws a line with SH that she cannot accept her, saying SH has no right to even step in front of NJ.

------------------

I wonder what will happen now?  It looks like lawyer Heo thinks that SU will have to be pronounced the legal heir, as he is the legitimate son of his dad and NJ isn't.  But NJ was born ahead of SU, from what we heard (that SH induced labor early just to have her son be born first).  Is there any further twists possible on this?  What about the competition that is on?  Is that all over?

But the grandfather knew that one of the two grandsons was illegal when he wrote his will with the specification that there should be a competition.  So it can be legally argued that his wish was to make whoever was more competent among the two (regardless of legitimacy from marriage) be the HK successor.  He thought that SU was illegitimate but allowed him in the race, so he would have allowed NJ in the race if he was the illegitimate one.  So, if I were NJ's lawyer, I would take on Lawyer Heo and argue that he should be the successor if he wins the competition.  Am I right? .....

It will be real fun if SH now turns around and starts supporting NJ to be the successor, and works against SU.  I won't put it past her.  She just might!

On 3/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, calledtoteach said:

I believe the shoes are designed to look that way.  I saw a similar shoe on anther drama.

The drama was Fates and Furies starring Lee Min Jung and Joo Sang Wook.  I believe the shoes were designed by LMJ's character.

After CSH pulled Bang out of SW's room, SW is confused as to what Bang was talking about.  JA suggested that she follow them and find out.  She overhears the birth discussion, and upon seeing JA, CSH explains the mix-up.  So now SW is the only one that doesn't know, and I'm wondering how long they can keep it a secret from him.  The surgery is ready to take place, so it looks like we're ready to move on to the last section of this drama.  CSH is seemingly genuine in her remorse, and the preview indicates that lawyer Heo is actually going to speak on her behalf in court.  He seems to be considering the whole picture and future of Hyungang.

2 hours ago, msmy said:

CSH is seemingly genuine in her remorse, and the preview indicates that lawyer Heo is actually going to speak on her behalf in court.  He seems to be considering the whole picture and future of Hyungang.

Yes, she does seem genuine in her remorse.  I guess there is nothing she can do about the situation, and there is really no evil act she can think of, that will work in her favor.  She cannot win, whatever she does!!   That must be some kind of retribution to any evil character.  She has to realize that.  In all my years of drama watching, I don't remember ever seeing a villain character who reached such a point where no evil act could become a way out.  The walls totally closed in on her, and the only way out is to feel remorse and be a good person now!    Hats off to the writer for thinking up a story like this.

-------

Preview for E91 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,92,790426

Blurb: 수희(김혜리)는 검찰에 자수할 결심을 굳히고, 자산을 전부 남진(박윤재)과 시우(강태성)에게 물려주며 주변을 정리한다. 남진(박윤재)과 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 긴급히 수희를 붙잡으로 검찰청으로 향하는데...

Translation: SH cleans up the mess, passing on her assets to NJ and SU, and making a firm decision to turn herself in with the police.  Lawyer Heo and NJ heads to the police station to urgently get hold of SH.

-------

Meanwhile, Ep. 88 had the highest rating of 25.8 on Nielsen, the highest so far.  The last 5 episodes had 24.5, 24.9, 23.7, 25.8 and 24.9...  This drama has had the best ratings for dailies in 2 years, since Shining EunSoo in 2016-17.  I am glad to see a drama without any makjang elements and truly honest in its story-telling, getting that kind of ratings.

As everyone else in this drama undergoes change, SJ seems to be the one who is stuck. She blew off SG's meritorious deed and the money he gave to her father in recompense, and she's madder than a hornet at CSH. She is making herself miserable. I find it interesting that she can't forgive/forget the past, and I congratulate the writer for making her like this. It's so much more authentic than the typical cheap forgiveness we viewers see in daily dramas.

A part of me applauds the writer for the twists but a part of me would love to twist the writer and shred him/her to bits! NJ is the son of the witch?!  She doesn't deserve to have this big hearted guy as a son.  And now, Lawyer and the dear woman who raised him talk about "how can NJ punish his biological mother?".  That's one of my pet peeves with kdrama - family can literally get away with murder.  The woman needs to be punished.  No-one should speak up for her just because she is good guy's mom!

I agree with those who wonder at her real relationship with NJ's dad.  The gay peacock designer who calls her his muse say NJ's parents had a loving relationship.  Yet he didn't seem to care much for Siu who they both thought was her son.  And the crazy idea to bring forward NJ's birth to make him the first grandson?  The first illegitimate grandchild? !  Its not like they would have years to wait for a legitimate child.  Not like Dad or Grandpa said first born will receive this and that special privilege. 

Siu was raised by a cunning fox and is one himself.  He was taught that the ends justify the means.  And certainly had no qualms to overlook his mother's actions telling himself it was all for his own good.  He and Jina make a well match selfish pair.  I don't care too much for either of them. I really hate that this selfish son of a fox is the legitimate heir.  

The kind hearted generous woman who raised NJ said to her ex-husband twice .. why did you kidnap a baby?  Why steal a baby for a pile of cash?  That should clear up any lingering doubts anyone has that she was involved in the kidnapping.  She didn't know.  Siu's sly fox of a mother said this woman is vulgar and cheap. But this woman has more integrity, heart and class that the fox could ever hope to have. 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, msmy said:

CSH is seemingly genuine in her remorse, and the preview indicates that lawyer Heo is actually going to speak on her behalf in court.  He seems to be considering the whole picture and future of Hyungang.

Ever since I learn that Soo-Hee is kind Nam-Jin's bio mom and that she has shown her remorse, suddenly she looks prettier. I wonder if I need to change my spectacles or if I have a soft spot for a gumiho.

Now for a more serious thought. 

7 hours ago, O said:

And now, Lawyer and the dear woman who raised him talk about "how can NJ punish his biological mother?".  That's one of my pet peeves with kdrama - family can literally get away with murder.  The woman needs to be punished.  No-one should speak up for her just because she is good guy's mom!

I am with you here. In my understanding, (in the real world), (unlike a civil case) a criminal case could not be waived. Even if the victim does not file a case, the public prosecutor would still prosecute the perpetrator.

In these dramas, a person who commits a serious crime against a relative could be waived (not punished). 

The time line for the Nam-Jin's abduction does not start from his abduction as a baby, but since he was found. Thus, the statute of limitations does not apply.

Nam-Jin's abduction is criminal case. With or without complaint, the public prosecutor would still file a case.

If Soo-Hee and guy Bang cannot be prosecuted because Nam-Jin (victim) gives a false testimony and opposes the prosecution, this means that there is a legal loophole that allows such exemption.

I wonder if, in real life, there is such a legal loophole in the country.

Alternatively, maybe, in these dramas, special rules apply (which I refer to as "Constitution of Drama Lalaland" in a post), e.g., 

1. Blood shall be thicker than water.

2. Kids shall respect their parents without reserve.

The problem is that, with such rules, like someone says it, crimes seem to pay.

I am sure that the production teams & writers do not wish to convey such a message.

However, that is the unintended perception.

SW keeps seeing his birth mother in his dreams where she tells him that she is his mother. (Beginning of this episode is a 6 week time jump). The doctor is explaining to JA, NJ, and SJ that hallucinating is common after surgery.  I do think SW is going to be told the whole story soon to intensify the rivalry, so how CSH is going to juggle her loyalties will be interesting.  NJ is discharged and goes to see lawyer Heo.

NJ's mother calls SJ and tells her of CSH liquidating her assets and turning over properties, expecting to be prosecuted.  NJ appears at the prosecutor's interrogation of CSH and Bang, and tells the story that Bang suggested about him not wanting to be returned to his family at age 15.  Lawyer Heo is  representing CSH, (a surprise to her) so this is all at the request of NJ.  NJ makes it clear that he is not forgiving CSH, so she will have to start working at being redeemed.

I was very unhappy with today's episode. NJ, aka Mr. Straight Arrow now finds it acceptable to lie to the prosecutor just so his bio-mom won't get the punishment she wants and needs?!? I was disgusted that he would not tell the truth to the authorities. Is perjury even a thing to be considered? His momma Sun Ja would have smacked the living daylights out of NJ had he lied like that to her! 

NJ thinks he is protecting CSH, but his actions also protect the jerk BCS. That's bad collateral damage if you ask me. @valerie savage is right--but I think both CSH and BCS need some time in the slammer.

I feel like there is a tonal shift to the drama...maybe it's just me. 

I have always like NJ and Lawyer Heo but lately these 2 are getting on my nerves.  They used to be very upright.  Kind-hearted but they knew very clearly what is right and what's wrong.  Now all that brain cells evaporated in the discovery that NJ is the son of that fox.   

On 3/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, O said:

I agree with those who wonder at her real relationship with NJ's dad.  The gay peacock designer who calls her his muse say NJ's parents had a loving relationship.  Yet he didn't seem to care much for Siu who they both thought was her son.  And the crazy idea to bring forward NJ's birth to make him the first grandson?  The first illegitimate grandchild? !  Its not like they would have years to wait for a legitimate child.  Not like Dad or Grandpa said first born will receive this and that special privilege. 

@O  I have questioned her relationship with the father from the beginning of this drama.. In my opinion she seduced the father and took liberties with him in a one night stand that resulted into NJ.. Over heavy drinking.. She thought to sleep her way into the riches and realized that didn't work upon going into labor before the wife did really one don't hve to question her intentions her actions spoke for themselves.. No wonder G/pa never bought her act.. It's no telling what all she did to try and enter that family and he didn't budge before the son died..  She kidnap Sw as punishment to the family but it has backfired and became punishment to her..  SH biggest karma is to have her own son hating her and the son she loved and cherrished so much dispise her.. 

I must say if her and their father was so in love she wouldn't have threw away the love child just to raise the legitimate heir.. Her love child could have also help her accomplish her footing in that family..

SH is just a greedy golddigger turning herself in she coukd also be covering up more of what she's hiding..  

13 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

NJ thinks he is protecting CSH, but his actions also protect the jerk BCS. That's bad collateral damage if you ask me. @valerie savage is right--but I think both CSH and BCS need some time in the slammer.

I feel like there is a tonal shift to the drama...maybe it's just me. 

@shamrockmomj  I say throw NJ in jail to.. He needs to be lock up for GP trying to carrier the burden of everbody luggage..  SJ should dump him she'll be better off.   

NJ has justified his testimony by saying he wants to avoid negative publicity about Hyungang,  and made it clear to CSH that she is not forgiven.  He's not wrong about that because we know that an ugly scandal can send a corporation into a nosedive that takes a long time to recoup from.  It's an odd twist for NJ, and not of his character to lie to the prosecutor, but that is his choice to protect the company.

No doubt CSH has been given a second life, so she will be watched carefully to see if she wins or loses.  Her plan to split the company so both boys win doesn't seem to go over with lawyer Heo.  If she blows her opportunity to make good, she will be chastised by both sons and be walking the street.  SW is still seeing his ghost mother and is confused as to why she is telling him that he is her son.

Preview for Ep 93:  http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,94,790915

Blurb: 허청산(강신일) 변호사와 희철(이정훈)은 시우(강태성)를 만나 후계권 경쟁을 포기 말라고 설득한다. 승주(서효림)는 남진(박윤재)과의 결혼을 수희(김혜리) 때문에 망설이고, 수희에게 남진과의 인연을 끊어달라 하는데...

Translation: Lawyer Heo and Mr. Jang meet SU to convince him not to give up on the successor-competition. SU is in two minds about a marriage with NJ due to SH, and asks SH to end her ties with NJ.

Looks like SJ is in no mood to accept SH yet, and it is bringing fissures in her own relation with NJ.  I can see why, but this is pretty unproductive.  How can a mother end her relationship to her son?  And I wonder where NJ is taking SJ, at the end of the preview.  To the cafe for a proposal, I suppose?  Maybe she will temporarily refuse, to make him cut his ties with his birth mother.   SJ is certainly not making it easy for everybody else to just forgive SH.  I like her standing up on principle here, but I don't think she will win this battle, as SH will get forgiven.   It is more like, nobody has a choice to do anything else, without creating hell for themselves and others.  That includes SH, lawyer Heo, etc, too.   I am still impressed with the writer for bringing the story to that kind of a situation.  SH has no choice but to turn nice and give up her greed.  NJ had almost no choice but to give up a bit on his integrity and lie to save his mom (I didn't like it, but could see that he realizes that being truthful will help nobody and only hurt his company, its employees, his half-brother, his birth mother, best friend, etc).... Similarly SJ will also have no choice but to give in and accept SH in the end.  But how soon she will do that, will be interesting to see.  She needs to hold strong till iit is very clear that SH as no iota of greed left and suffers as much as she can.  Maybe seeing her son agonize over losing such a great woman, would also be punishment for SH for a while.  Having to get on her knees and beg SJ to marry NJ and allow herself to be in NJ's life, would be some bit of punishment for SH.  Looks like she does the begging in E93 itself, as per the preview video.

----------

5 hours ago, msmy said:

Her plan to split the company so both boys win doesn't seem to go over with lawyer Heo.

Actually we don't know if Lawyer Heo would necessarily disagree with splitting the company, but right now he does not seem to know about the equal-splitting plan.  He was a bit misled by that director dude who said SH wants to "reorganize the company".  That made him think that SH is scheming to turn the company over to NJ and leave SU empty-handed.  The preview shows him directly ask SU if SH has asked him to get out of the race in favor of NJ.  Lawyer Heo may disagree with a splitting plan too though, as the grandpa was once against it.  

SH may have to prove to the lawyer too, that she has only noble plans right now, and that she is not thinking anything evil.  We will see.....  Maybe showing a villain being in a pathetic situation of having no way out, and thus making her completely eat her pride for 25 episodes and beg people to believe her sincerity, is what the writer has in mind as punishment!

SJ is not ready for NJ's proposal, so he is left a little dumbfounded at the coffee shop.  Poor NJ  :bawling:  SW and JA go to visit his father at the memorial, and the picture of Mr. Ahn's wife shakes him as the person he's seeing in his dream.   More later when sub come in.

Archived