[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

5 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

It's all right that NJ wants to help many persons. However, guy Bang is not just some person. He has been to prison, perhaps several times. More importantly, people already suspect the he was Nam-Jin kidnapper, and caused decades of grieve to Nam-Jin and his late parents & grandpa. Yet, Nam-Jin lets the convict boasts to everybody that he is Nam-Jin's father. He also let people get the impression that he is close to the convict.

Nam-Jin does not realize that by doing that, he gives the impression of not caring for his own family (late parents & grandpa)'s honor and welfare. Normally, a person in that situation wouldn't touch the convict / kidnapper with a barge pole.

No, I don't blame Seung-Joo at all. 

I don't agree with that.  NJ's instinct is not to help Bang but to protect his mother.  He told him if he ever harrases his mother again, he will cut him off.  NJ agreed to get him accomodation and the brilliant lawyer gave him a job to keep him close. So they can keep an eye on him and do damage control.  NJ never referred to that guy as his father.  For a guy with NJ's character, that says a lot.

I find Seung-Joo very whiny.  If she dislikes that NJ gives so much attention to others, she should not have started a relationship with him.  There is no way that NJ will stop instinctively reaching out or responding to others in need.  It is in his nature.  SJ should either shut up or find another boyfriend. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, O said:

NJ never referred to that guy as his father.

I didn't say that Nam-Jin referred to guy Bang as father. What I said is that Nam-Jim did not stop him from telling to other people that he is Nam-Jin's dad. Nam-Jin should have stopped him, as he brings disgrace to his whole family.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, msmy said:

Even if mistress Mom gets ex-con "Dad" fired in the near future, the information about her real name and hometown is already known to lawyer Heo, and he's got his secretary on it.    Mr. Bang can add some more insight, so I think it's time for her to squirm.   SW is quickly growing tired of his conniving Mom so what will be his reaction when her criminal past is exposed?  She is so lame.... how she got in that position in the company is beyond me.  Her background is just as weak as Jin Ah's, who she puts down all the time.

@msmy  I'm still skeptical about Sw being related to this family, His mom told him that she had to hide from G/pa fearing that G/pa was going to snatch Sw from her.. What I find hard to believe is later she's shows up at the house with Sw thinking G/pa had a change of heart and allow them to move in.What I think would be funny in this whole matter is Sw turns out to be the kidnapper #1 child that he had with Ys.. Letting everyone know Sh has nio children and she has lied all this time about Sw linege.. I still think her and NJ's dad wasn't as close as she says thet were she could have been blackmailing him using Sw.. Threating to go public if he don't clain the child.. I'm beginning to believe more and more she could have been in on his death..

On 1/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, Ameera Ali said:

- Why I have the feeling SH is keeping a secret bigger than kidnapping NJ :unsure:

@Ameera Ali  I think she got two big screts she don't won't found out.

1. Being the mastermind behind NJ dads death..

2.Sw isn't related to this family.. Or Sw is also a kidnap child she's been trying to pass off as apart of this family.  

Lawyer Heo is looking for someone who worked at the Hope hospital 30 years ago, and the asst. seems to have found someone.  Preview shows lawyer approaching a woman who denies working there, so I think Ms. Choi has gotten to her first to shut her up.  Mr. Bang told Ms. Choi what the lawyer was doing, and Bang said he knew of someone who worked there and they would have to pay her off.  Mr. Bang has found an ATM machine in mistress Mom, so he's hitting her up for more money to keep quiet, and eventually plans on running off.

JA calls NJ at the end of the episode, so that should be the beginning of the next series of showdowns on Monday.  Nobody believes she had an abortion, so we'll see if SW can man up and protect his woman against his two-faced Mother.  I, too, think there is going to be some more to the story about what went on in the past.  Mistress Mom seems to have a different story than what we heard from Chairman Ahn.  She told JA that NJ's mother was chosen over her because Hyungang was in financial trouble and that NJ's mother came from a wealthy family and could save the company.  As sneaky as she is, I wonder if that is even true, or could she have caused trouble for the company?<_<

9 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@Ameera Ali  I think she got two big screts she don't won't found out.

1. Being the mastermind behind NJ dads death..

2.Sw isn't related to this family.. Or Sw is also a kidnap child she's been trying to pass off as apart of this family.  

I am not gonna be surprised about her anymore, she seemed an incredibly sinister woman lately  with all the bullying, manipulative behaviour we watch the previous episodes , u right she could still largely be responsible for his death , I just wish we got to the bottom of the history between her and family more :sweat:

35 minutes ago, msmy said:

As sneaky as she is, I wonder if that is even true, or could she have caused trouble for the company?<_<

I know what u mean , but I think some of it may have been true , but I very much doubt it all was , it could all have been invented to make JA realise SU need powerful woman with him to help win , so that JA stop her relationship :sweat_smile: 

17 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

I didn't say that Nam-Jin referred to guy Bang as father. What I said is that Nam-Jim did not stop him from telling to other people that he is Nam-Jin's dad. Nam-Jin should have stopped him, as he brings disgrace to his whole family.

NJ would not have stopped him from saying that.  He did live with the guy for a few years.  What he said to him was that his memory of him as father was a poor one.  He did not have any good memory of him.  But he thanked him for giving him his mother.  

And also NJ is not the type to bother what people thinks of him.  That is Siu's department!  

Preview of Ep 71:  http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&amp;bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,72,787949

Blurb: 진아(진예솔)는 남진(박윤재)과 승주(서효림)에게 아이를 지웠다며 어머니에게 중국 회사로 이직했다고 전해달라 부탁한다. 수희(김혜리)는 방철상(권혁호)을 통해 30년 전 사건과 관련된 간호사에게 돈을 주고 입막음을 시도하는데...

Translation: JA tells NJ and SJ that she aborted the baby, and asked them to tell her mom that she has gone to the company in China. With BCS' help, SH attempts to give money and get the nurse connected to the incident 30 years ago to keep her mouth shut.

The 시도하는데 (attempts) part makes me wonder if they succeeded in getting the nurse to shut up.  As @msmy said above, the preview video seems to show that she denied it, but maybe the drama is trolling us and Lawyer Heo found a way to make her talk, after that. We will see.

-----

18 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Mistress Mom seems to have a different story than what we heard from Chairman Ahn.  She told JA that NJ's mother was chosen over her because Hyungang was in financial trouble and that NJ's mother came from a wealthy family and could save the company. As sneaky as she is, I wonder if that is even true, or could she have caused trouble for the company?<_<

I know what u mean , but I think some of it may have been true , but I very much doubt it all was , it could all have been invented to make JA realise SU need powerful woman with him to help win , so that JA stop her relationship

I think we heard SU mention, even before JA came into the picture, that the company was in bad shape earlier and it was he and his mother who saved it.  It seems SH has always told SU that his grandpa was not successful in running the company.  Probably she exaggerated it, but it does look like the grandpa was not that profit-motivated and was more interested in the well-being of the company and the employees - which in SH's view would've been like the company was not doing well.  Anyway, the drama's official relationship chart itself said that NJ's dad had a "marriage of convenience" with his mom, so it is possible that the company needed the mom's family help at that time.   SH could be making up the part that she "pushed SU's dad towards that marriage".  She just doesn't look like somebody who would make such a sacrifice. No way.

-------

Meanwhile, the drama had another new highest-rating of 23.7 on Nielsen for Ep 69 (the 23.2 for Ep 61 was the previous highest).

I have a very strong feeling that Sw comes from that orphanage and not related to SH at all.. She had disappeared back then only to show backup with a child claiming to be NJ dad son.. SH had hide out waiting for someone to bring a newborn in and took him before the orphanage could even make any record of him..

21 hours ago, O said:

And also NJ is not the type to bother what people thinks of him.  That is Siu's department! 

Nam-Jin is a heir candidate. He might not care about other people’s opinion for himself. However, what about the reputations of other people around him?

If guy Bang is an honest citizen and responsible family head, Nam-Jin should welcome and support him, even though he is poor. However, Bang is a convict, a kidnapper suspect, and an irresponsible family head.

Like it or not, his closeness to him and his allowing him to boast as his dad would affect the reputations of the company, lawyer Heo, other personnel, and his future in-laws, such as Man-Seok & Seo-Jeong.

Nam-Jin even suggests that he accepts it if Bang wants to approach his adopted mom. Doesn’t he care for her, who hates Bang very much?

Like it or not, Nam-Jina is a company heir. He needs to care for the reputation of the company and those around her.

If he doesn’t, then he may be a good man, but he might not be a good leader.

8 minutes ago, jasmine19 said:

Nam-Jin is a heir candidate. He might not care about other people’s opinion for himself. However, what about the reputations of other people around him?

If guy Bang is an honest citizen and responsible family head, Nam-Jin should welcome and support him, even though he is poor. However, Bang is a convict, a kidnapper suspect, and an irresponsible family head.

Like it or not, his closeness to him and his allowing him to boast as his dad would affect the reputations of the company, lawyer Heo, other personnel, and his future in-laws, such as Man-Seok & Seo-Jeong.

Nam-Jin even suggests that he accepts it if Bang wants to approach his adopted mom. Doesn’t he care for her, who hates Bang very much?

Like it or not, Nam-Jina is a company heir. He needs to care for the reputation of the company and those around her.

@jasmine19  My sentiment exactly. If he get rid of kidnapper #2 he'll be rid of all his baggage.. 

9 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

I heard differently when I saw the episode.  What I heard was NJ told Bang he would only accept him if his mother accepts him.  If Bang wants to come by the house or whatever, Bang would also need his permission.  But Bang was told in no uncertain terms that he cannot leech off NJ's Mum or make any demands of her.

20 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

Does anyone have control over other people's thoughts and words?    & NJ never said such things to Bang.  The person he loves the most in this world is his mother.  He would rather die than let anyone harm her.  

20 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@jasmine19  My sentiment exactly. If he get rid of kidnapper #2 he'll be rid of all his baggage.. 

In good time.  Lawyer Heo is working on it.  Meantime, he did say to keep Bang close.  I have full confidence in Lawyer Heo. 

11 hours ago, O said:

I heard differently when I saw the episode.  What I heard was NJ told Bang he would only accept him if his mother accepts him.  If Bang wants to come by the house or whatever, Bang would also need his permission.  But Bang was told in no uncertain terms that he cannot leech off NJ's Mum or make any demands of her.

Yes, I saw that too.  No-way did NJ say he accepted Bang against his mother's wishes.  

Few pages back, someone (sorry forgot who!) suggested that Siu may be an orphan or that Siu may be Bang's real son.  Wah, that would be an interesting twist.

Story is getting more interesting. 

I think we are probably making too much of NJ's soft handling of BCS so far.  That is just NJ's way of doing things.  Until a strong stand is absolutely needed on something, he will just avoid confrontation and won't try to upset anybody.   That attitude has some merits. But one needs to be aware and be intelligent-enough in observing what is going on - as in the "trust but verify" approach that Ronald Regan made famous.  As long as one has the strength to face up to the challenge and make the tough calls when push comes to shove --- and we have seen NJ stand up to the challenges at the right times when needed --- I think such a softer approach is smart and more productive. 

But it requires patience, and one needs to be in very good control of one's own ego.  A "Gandhian approach", as we would call in India.  Again, it is something that NJ displays often.  I sometimes feel that such qualities are increasingly rarer in people these days, as everybody is impatient about everything, demonstrative of their egos, and too inflexible in their opinions.  Though I'm not a Christian, I have always felt that "showing the other cheek" is one of the greatest and smartest concepts that Jesus taught! ... You get a chance to get yourself and the aggressor away from violence, and thus a chance to observe what the aggressor is really after.  Lawyer Heo said as much to NJ when he said it was better to keep the lowlife BCS nearby, and see what he is up to.   I guess I am in a philosophical mood today :)

It may look like NJ is a glutton for punishment, but I think he will get his way through that.  No need to worry.  He is not going to take BCS as his father or anything.  He is just being nice and preventing BCS from wanting to cause him trouble.

Haven't seen the sub yet, but NJ and Seung Joo met JA at SJ's apt.  I think JA did say she had an abortion.  Not sure what her plans are, but the preview shows her in a shop(?)

I'm guessing that lawyer Heo tried to impress on former hosp. worker that what she was telling was somewhat skeptical.  He left his business card with her and she seems pretty nervous, so maybe later she will come around to telling the truth after she thinks it over.  Lawyer takes a picture of a note delivered to mistress Mom that was left at the secretary's desk.  As the saying goes, "he could charm the birds out of the trees."  Love him to death.  ;)

4 hours ago, msmy said:

I'm guessing that lawyer Heo tried to impress on former hosp. worker that what she was telling was somewhat skeptical.  He left his business card with her and she seems pretty nervous, so maybe later she will come around to telling the truth after she thinks it over.  Lawyer takes a picture of a note delivered to mistress Mom that was left at the secretary's desk.  As the saying goes, "he could charm the birds out of the trees."  Love him to death.  ;)

I love that the lawyer is working so hard , to get to all SH secrets - but not surprised he doing that , he looked 30 years for NJ until he find him :D

18 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love that the lawyer is working so hard , to get to all SH secrets - but not surprised he doing that , he looked 30 years for NJ until he find him :D

I just hope SH don't have something bad happen to lawyer Heo.. Him going around knocking on old doors os asking for trouble.. SH will do whatever it takes once she's back into a corner to keep her mask from being rip off her face..

I have to ask this question of everyone in this thread..

What do you guy's speculate NJ would do when he finds out SH had BSC to kidnap him.?

@sava2sava....NJ already knows that.  Lawyer Heo told NJ privately what he knew prior to the big family meeting that pretty much laid it all out to everybody.  NJ later took a real dig at mistress Mom by pointing out that it was odd for some people to be living in luxury when they didn't earn it.  At this point, I think lawyer is gathering the evidence to substantiate what he already knows to stick it to Bang and SH.  Other posters here can clarify it, but that's my understanding.

6 hours ago, msmy said:

@sava2sava....NJ already knows that.  Lawyer Heo told NJ privately what he knew prior to the big family meeting that pretty much laid it all out to everybody.  NJ later took a real dig at mistress Mom by pointing out that it was odd for some people to be living in luxury when they didn't earn it.  At this point, I think lawyer is gathering the evidence to substantiate what he already knows to stick it to Bang and SH.  Other posters here can clarify it, but that's my understanding.

At the time, Lawyer Heo told NJ how mistress changed her name, how she and Bang know each other.  But he said they lack concrete evidence that mistress was the one who asked Bang to kidnapp NJ.  NJ said then it would open up a pandora's box and he was unwilling.  Lawyer Heo said he understood but on his part, he would continue to dig for information/evidence. 

Archived