[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

Thanks @whome for the words...

As for SU being the legit son, I am still of the opinion that he is a legit half-brother of NJ.  I just don't feel that SH would go to the columbarium and tell the dead man that she loved him, if she had deceived him with a child from another relation.  That is still my main reason to believe that SU is a real grandson of the grandpa.  I've never seen people lying to dead people, in dramas.  But then again, it is Kdrama, so who knows!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Really I rather like the 4 weird friends angle its really refreshing hopefully they will reach that.

I think their currently-friendly relationship is bound to hit some road bumps along the way (we still have 60 episodes to go, after all), but ultimately these 4 will come through all right, and get SH to change her ways. My feeling is that the contests will become rather unimportant for the half-brothers.  Maybe they will end up in a sort of tie, with SU winning the third contest for a 2-1 win, and NJ winning on sales by a 2 to 1 margin too.  Then they may both decide that Lawyer Heo is a good CEO and leave him there to run the company - and pursue more interesting things like the ladies they have :) ... SH will feel even more like a fool for living a life of futility.

@jayakris- my sincere condolences on your recent loss - I hope the happy development in this drama brings you some comfort.

I haven't been watching but often come here to read - and honestly, I am loving the transformation of the SU character.  What if -------- SU is not even SH son?

29 minutes ago, viyra said:

What if -------- SU is not even SH son?

I thought that for a second when she had nightmare , cross it out when we learn that she involved with the kidnapping . 

I cant wait to hear the ridiculous thing the kidnapper #1 would ask for  :D that will begin hammering the nail into SH coffin :naughty:

Thanks @viyra...

Here is the preview of Ep 61 - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,62,787386

Blurb: 수희(김혜리)는 30년 전 이야기를 꺼내는 방철상(권혁호)에게 자신은 무관하다며 엄포를 놓고, 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 둘의 관계를 의심한다. 남진(박윤재)은 승주(서효림)와 함께 만석(홍요섭)을 찾아가 교제를 인정해달라 청하는데... 

Tanslation:  While SH threatens BCS, who brings up a 30 year old story, saying it is unconnected to her, Attorney Heo is suspicious of the SH - BCS relationship. NJ and SJ visit MS to request him to a accept their dating.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:34 AM, jayakris said:

Thanks, @lu09, @Ameera Ali , @angelwingssf and @dramaninja..

The main item in Ep 60, other than what all of you could see and figure out easily was at the end when the Lawyer got the update from his secretary that he can't find anything much on SH at the hometown anymore. When he asks about the parents, the guy says she was an orphan who had come from an orphanage in Hongcheon(?).  He asked the secretary to look into Choi Su Hui or Choi Geum Sun being at any of the orphanages.  Then the lawyer wonders to himself that he was sure that SH had a mother back then, and finds this to be strange.  Then of course, at the end, we see BCS telling SH - "you asked me to steal Nam Jin, you know".  So that part is settled, just as we figured.  Earlier, we saw SU asking his mom in no uncertain terms to just butt out.  It is fun to see SU going after his mom so hard.  Other than that, not a whole lot in the episode except lot of nice scenes.  Like NJ saying in the car how pretty SJ is inside and out, thinking she is sleeping, but she opens her eyes and saying she heard it all.  The guy then told her the big line - "I love you".  Nice episode again.  The drama keeps on chugging along at a relaxed pace, without upsetting us with too much of negativity.

@jayakris  Welcome back you have my condolences..  BTW Thanks for the update..  I been watching the story of Ming Lan and haven't any of my dramas in a whole week for spending time in that thread..

On 1/25/2019 at 9:31 AM, whome said:

@jayakris My deep condolences for your loss. 

I would love it if NJ & SU team up to take down SH. She's like about to go off the deep end with her obsession to have her son take over. If SU ever finds out that SH was behind the kidnapping, I wonder what will happen between the mother/son relationship. To be quite honest, is SU a legit son? Did SH have another relationship since grandfather didn't let his son marry her?

On 1/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, jayakris said:

Thanks @whome for the words...

As for SU being the legit son, I am still of the opinion that he is a legit half-brother of NJ.  I just don't feel that SH would go to the columbarium and tell the dead man that she loved him, if she had deceived him with a child from another relation.  That is still my main reason to believe that SU is a real grandson of the grandpa.  I've never seen people lying to dead people, in dramas.  But then again, it is Kdrama, so who knows!

@whome & @jayakris  Wewll chalk another one up to me.. I knew SH was behind the kidnapping,, She alwatys saw herself planted in that house.. It wouldn;t suprise me if SU was kidnap also..   This could be the big twist in this story, One would have thought SH would have thrown a fit when it was revealed NJ was the real G.child. But she never questioned it or demamded for anmother DNA to be done I still think G/pa left his DNA just for this purpose..  I'm still believing that SU isn't related to this family and this would explain to him why G/pa never really took a liking to him or his mom.. 

SH the want to be head Mdm needs to rot in someone prison. I'm hoping SU is also a child she kidnap. I remember she said that she hide out with SW fearing G./pa was going to take him away from her.. This is all a lie just like she lied she didn't know is supposed to be dad had another child..  

On 1/25/2019 at 12:47 PM, jayakris said:

I've been back home in India due to the passing of my dad. It was expected, and he left peacefully without suffering much, nearly conscious all the way too.  I was glad to be able to talk to him just before he left and be here on time for all the rituals; he was 85 and was a retired chief Engineer of the state. He had a good life and I feel he left with no worries about the family too. That thought is helpful for the family and me in getting through the tough time.

I want to deliver my condolences chingu. Your dad is in a better place now. That is your solace. I hope you feel better. This's life.

It's looking more and more to me that the succession to Hyungang is going to end up a tie, and both boys will have to work together as co-Chairmen.  Lawyer Heo has such a good relationship with both of them, and they are respectful and appreciative of him.  Lawyer is still digging into mistress Mom's past, and I'm thinking it won't be too much longer until he learns the truth.  She gave ex-con some line about how the statute of limitations was "10 years beyond when the kidnapped child finds out..." and set ex-con Dad back a bit, but I think she was just making stuff up to shut him up.

Anyway, more and more people are telling mistress Mom that she is "scary", so she's going to have to come up with a real wild plot to get her way.  She strong armed the store owners to buy numerous sparkly dresses to help out team 1, but was busted right away by Lawyer Heo, who made it known to SW.  That just ticks him off more, and he has moved his stuff in with JinAh.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:57 PM, sava2sava said:

@jayakris  Welcome back you have my condolences..  BTW Thanks for the update..  I been watching the story of Ming Lan and haven't any of my dramas in a whole week for spending time in that thread..

@whome & @jayakris  Wewll chalk another one up to me.. I knew SH was behind the kidnapping,, She alwatys saw herself planted in that house.. It wouldn;t suprise me if SU was kidnap also..   This could be the big twist in this story, One would have thought SH would have thrown a fit when it was revealed NJ was the real G.child. But she never questioned it or demamded for anmother DNA to be done I still think G/pa left his DNA just for this purpose..  I'm still believing that SU isn't related to this family and this would explain to him why G/pa never really took a liking to him or his mom.. 

SH the want to be head Mdm needs to rot in someone prison. I'm hoping SU is also a child she kidnap. I remember she said that she hide out with SW fearing G./pa was going to take him away from her.. This is all a lie just like she lied she didn't know is supposed to be dad had another child..  

I have been away these last few days so I missed your news @jayakris.  I am really sorry for your loss.  It is comforting that you and your family was with your Dad when he passed.  As I am sure he must have been comforted to spend his final moments with his loved ones.

@sava2sava, when SH found out about NJ, she asked the lawyer if a DNA test was done.  The lawyer affirmed it.  She said she would do her own.  But what gave her away was her statement "the baby is dead!".  I think she asked scumbag to kill the baby.  But he kidnapped NJ and gave him to NJ's Mom to raise.

I don't think Siu will do anything if he finds out.  When he found out that his Mom had asked Jina's roommate to switch the designs, he was all ready to sack the room mate.  But he told Jina he would handle things quietly because his Mom is involved.  I am still not fully convinced he has left the darkness and is walking in the light! 

Thanks for the consoling words, @O, @sava2sava and @nohamahamoud2002..

-----

Here is the preview of Ep 62 from KBS - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,63,787625

Blurb: 허청산(강신일) 변호사는 수희(김혜리)의 과거를 캐며 최금순과 홍천보육원의 연결고리를 찾으려 애쓴다.
수희는 시우(강태성)에게 현강의 후계자가 된다면 진아(진예솔)와의 결혼을 허락하겠다고 하는데...

Tanslation: As Lawyer Heo is digging into SH's past, he tries to find the connection between Choe GeumSun and the Hongcheon orphanage. SH says she will approve of SU's marriage with JA if he becomes the successor at HK.

-----

So, what is the significance of SH's orphanage background and the grandmother that she claimed to have?  The drama is making a big deal of this, but I can't conjure up a proper back story that would fit.

Looks like just when the 4 youngsters were beginning to really get along with each other, the older ones seem to be making them compete against each other.  SJ's dad asked NJ (in Ep 61) to become the successor, for him to be with SJ, and it seems SH is doing the same thing with SU in Ep 62.  The old people won't let the youngsters get along without being greedy!

Meanwhile the ratings keep on going up.  Ep 61 had a 21.6 rating on Nielsen, which beat the previous record of 20.8 for Ep 59.  I think the TNmS ratings are in the 23+ range too.

I can understand why the ratings are so high... plenty of cute again in episode 62.  Usually by this time in another daily we'd be screaming at the screen and complaining loudly to each other about the OMG! writing.   I hope it doesn't come to that with this drama.

Anyway, mistress Mom has made her move.  She has decided to "accept" JinAh if SW wins the 3rd round, and insists that he move back home because it doesn't look good for him to be out and that wasn't how she raised him.  So obvious was her non-apology to JA for the way she treated her, but glossed over it as "Well, that's what a parent would do to protect their child."  Her character flaws run really deep.  She has contacted crook/brother Seon Gyu to find where JA lives and "get rid of her."  Wow.

Just saw Ep 62.  Looks like SH wants to "get rid of" (or "erase") JA, as she tells the shady SG at the end of the episode, after telling him to find out where JA lives.  This, after she had quietly cried at night earlier and acted like she is having a transformation, and then spoke so sweetly to JA and SU that they can get married if he becomes the successor.   Not sure exactly what she meant by "erasing" her, but it shocked SG.  Maybe she only meant getting rid of JA from SU's life.  But, man, she is such a piece of work.   Just doesn't learn at all.   She is doing everything to make her son absolutely hate her.  How can he trust his mom anymore after this?

I have to say that I like MS a tad bit now, as he is making his wife work.  YS seems to be going along too.  "Finish your breakfast now if you want to come with me. Or you take the bus!"... Haha.  The woman is making some improvement as well. No more of expensive fake nails, at least. 

Lawyer Heo is constantly working behind the scenes.  It seems the orphanage is no longer there and its director killed himself or something.  So CS asked his secretary to go meet the wife of the orphanage director.   Meanwhile, SH claimed at the family dinner dinner that the mother she talked about was only a foster mother.   Still no idea what the significance of all that is.

NJ singing to SJ was really cool.

@jayakris- just coming back from mourning and here you are already getting us updated.  Your efforts are very much appreciated.

SH's tongue keeps on getting entangled - she is not consistent with her words - she seem to be forgetting that there is a lawyer in front of her every time she opens her mouth and seem to be studying every word she says. 

I am also getting confused on the SU character - will he continue to be played on or blinded by his love for JA or will he turn around and follow his mother.  One thing I noticed  tho' is how come SU's feeling for his mother is not deep as how a son would be to his real parent?

14 hours ago, O said:

@sava2sava, when SH found out about NJ, she asked the lawyer if a DNA test was done.  The lawyer affirmed it.  She said she would do her own.  But what gave her away was her statement "the baby is dead!".  I think she asked scumbag to kill the baby.  But he kidnapped NJ and gave him to NJ's Mom to raise.

I don't think Siu will do anything if he finds out.  When he found out that his Mom had asked Jina's roommate to switch the designs, he was all ready to sack the room mate.  But he told Jina he would handle things quietly because his Mom is involved.  I am still not fully convinced he has left the darkness and is walking in the light! 

@O  Yes this was a dead give away for SH.. This is how I had figured out she was involved with the baby coming up missing.. SH had always thought with the legit child being gone that she and SW would be accepted in that family.. I'm also not buying his good guy act.. It's no way Sw will scumb to nothing niot even his arrogance after learning what his mom did baxck then will lead him gto side with her if it would get him to have JA.. I still think JA will be the first to find out about SH and what she did to NJ.. 

10 hours ago, jayakris said:

So, what is the significance of SH's orphanage background and the grandmother that she claimed to have?  The drama is making a big deal of this, but I can't conjure up a proper back story that would fit.

@jayakris  My guess is SH has been lying about her so called background all along.. SH grew up in that orphanage..

5 hours ago, msmy said:

Anyway, mistress Mom has made her move.  She has decided to "accept" JinAh if SW wins the 3rd round, and insists that he move back home because it doesn't look good for him to be out and that wasn't how she raised him.  So obvious was her non-apology to JA for the way she treated her, but glossed over it as "Well, that's what a parent would do to protect their child."  Her character flaws run really deep.  She has contacted crook/brother Seon Gyu to find where JA lives and "get rid of her."  Wow.

@msmy  I'm think akll of them grew up in that orphanage including kidmapper # 2 I still think she's hiding more then what she's been telling.. I think she always knew who child was kidnap from the hospital and was holding out for more money but the plan went wrong.. Scumbag got the money and kept it pushing..  The big twist to this will be she never had a kid back then..

@viyra  This is why I've been questioning is SW really her child

18 hours ago, jayakris said:

Looks like just when the 4 youngsters were beginning to really get along with each other, the older ones seem to be making them compete against each other.  SJ's dad asked NJ (in Ep 61) to become the successor, for him to be with SJ, and it seems SH is doing the same thing with SU in Ep 62.  The old people won't let the youngsters get along without being greedy!

I had said that just 2 days ago, and seeing the preview for Ep 63, things will go in sour directions like that. It looks SH may have managed to turn SU back to his cut-throat self again.  He seems to be threatening MS now, and it looks like SJ eavesdrops on it.  And SJ also looks upset that NJ is now on to helping one more person (the creepy "dad") and she isn't happy about it - as she tells NJ that she can only hope for the guy to spend any time thinking about her.

Ep 63 preview - http://program.kbs.co.kr/1tv/drama/mylife/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2018-0557-01-871110,read,,64,787650

Blurb: 만석(홍요섭)을 찾아온 시우(강태성)는 민한에서 디자인1팀의 제품을 생산해달라고 의뢰하지만, 둘 사이 쌓인 앙금에 발목 잡혀 협상은 결렬된다. 승주(서효림)는 항상 다른 사람을 챙기느라 바쁜 남진(박윤재)에게 서운해하는데...

Translation: As SU visits MS and requests that MinHan produce Design-Team-1's clothes, the negotiations break down, bogged down by the piled up baggage between the two. SJ gets distressed by an NJ who is constantly busy taking care of all the other people.

Not a whole lot happened in today's episode, but we have the brothers ready to go up against each other again.  Interesting dynamics going on.

I find the acting of MS' crook brother inn law quite funny.  He is good at his role.  The way he got scared about "getting rid of" JA was funny.  "I will do anything, except cause people harm".   Anything but physical harm, I guess... Haha.  Also, MS is finding some success with rearranging whatever little brain his wife has.  She bought a $10 bag??   She could have bought 1200 of those with that one mink coat!

Well, for all of the skeptics out there who wondered if SW was really changing or putting on an act, you were right about not being able to change a leopard's spots!  The rivalry is heating up and Nam Jin is toughening up... Yay!!:lol:

Seung Joo is being petty and whiney about NJ not paying attention to her.  She knows his feelings toward her and needs to cut him a little slack.  I know he gets the message, but why needle such a great catch?<_<

Mr. Bang is trying very hard to find someone to confide in to divulge what he knows about mistress Mom... should be soon.

Archived