Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

As much as I hope the rumour is not true, this scandal might have finally taken its toll on Seon Ho. He definitely should get treatment if it is needed though. I hope he is surrounded by his beloved family and friends, and is well taken care of so he can get well soon.

Hang in there Seon Ho :heart:

I got teared up reading this message from his beloved brother Din Din…

• Sad 5
  • Insightful 1

Sorry but imo the local industry and netizens are so brutal at times. Why cant they just enjoy it like us international fans/watchers and be less critical? For example, some shows like king were sooooooo well loved globally making it one of the best shows on netflix, and yet it was bashed and criticized like no tomorrow within the country.  Why is that so?? I can never understand that.

Folks are just making a living through acting, do they have to take it so serious and emotionally stress the celebs?  Very unhealthy culture, No wonder most of celebs need psychological treatment, and not wanting to be truthful for fear it will backfire on them especially dating matters :(  Sorry in advance if my ranting offends anyone, but this is purely my own opinion. Peace !!

I think soon we ourselves will also need counselling cos of all the news and stress we get from worrying about the idols/actors/actresses cos we are too vested in them! We cant even concentrate on our own work for the entire week :(

29 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

As much as I hope the rumour is not true, this scandal might have finally taken its toll on Seon Ho. He definitely should get treatment if it is needed though. I hope he is surrounded by his beloved family and friends, and is well taken care of so he can get well soon.

Hang in there Seon Ho :heart:

I got teared up reading this message from his beloved brother Din Din…

Im glad din subtlely sends a message. <3 i really hope KSH calms himself and dont read the internet for a while. Let salt manage it.

Edited by lilsakus
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, lilsakus said:

Sorry but imo the local industry and netizens are so brutal at times. Why cant they just enjoy it like us international fans/watchers and be less critical? For example, some shows like king were sooooooo well loved globally making it one of the best shows on netflix, and yet it was bashed and criticized like no tomorrow within the country.  Why is that so?? I can never understand that.

Folks are just making a living through acting, do they have to take it so serious and emotionally stress the celebs?  Very unhealthy culture, No wonder most of celebs need psychological treatment, and not wanting to be truthful for fear it will backfire on them especially dating matters :(  Sorry in advance if my ranting offends anyone, but this is purely my own opinion. Peace !!

I think soon we ourselves will also need counselling cos of all the news and stress we get from worrying about the idols/actors/actresses cos we are too vested in them! We cant even concentrate on our own work for the entire week :(

Im glad din subtlely sends a message. <3 i really hope KSH calms himself and dont read the internet for a while. Let salt manage it.

This is simply a case of difference in culture, I suppose.  South Korea is still largely conservative in values compared to the US.  Heck, even the portrayal of romance in these dramas we watch are all so chaste!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the impression that it is the international fans who support him more, but this is not really the case in south korea, they are more rigid and have a hard time forgiving him because he is not so perfect anymore in their eyes (I know when I use perfect I'm referring to his image), but like I said in another post, I don't think his career is over, he still has contract, his  ads, and his agency

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

I have the impression that it is the international fans who support him more, but this is not really the case in south korea, they are more rigid and have a hard time forgiving him because he is not so perfect anymore in their eyes (I know when I use perfect I'm referring to his image), but like I said in another post, I don't think his career is over, he still has contract, his  ads, and his agency

Agree! International fans are usually more neutral and forgiving..and im sure we look forward to his works again! Work & private lives should be separate.  Pls let him be on screen again!

Already dread not seeing much of him on this sunday and no more in following sundays ... i'll probably stop watching 2d1n from autumn contest arc onwards for a couple of weeks cos i'll miss the missing member... and catch up in a couple of weeks time... that's what i did for RM and Master in house too when members leave the cast :( i love the members but dont feel much laughs for an incomplete group >.<

May next week be better with bad news die down quickly....

Edited by lilsakus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gwin said:

This is simply a case of difference in culture, I suppose.  South Korea is still largely conservative in values compared to the US.  Heck, even the portrayal of romance in these dramas we watch are all so chaste!

I personally think the culture is very hypocritical. They’re self proclaimed conservative yet have love motels ,high beauty standards (basically if you’re not good looking , you will get no service ) , they attack and are revengeful, bullying and high suicide rates from  their toxic and highly competitive culture .  That’s just my personal observation of having visited the country a dozen times 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

It seemed Oh PD did credit KSH during the Seoul Drama Award acceptance speech but it was cut. If so, thank you Oh PD! It wouldn't have been fair if the actor portraying the Character of the year in Seoul Drama award, who was even nominated for Baeksang was not mentioned at all. 

At least it gives me hope that PD still acknowledge his talent & skills.

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

Even reporter turned YouTuber Lee JinHo didn’t add more fuel over the burning fire when KSH admitted & apologized everything without any excuses. Instead he helped out a little by sharing there’s distortions in the revelation.

Although doesn’t help much but at least aside from the abortion saga, KSH personality on handling the aftermath should be given credit. Friends outside the industry are coming out one after another to support him too. It’s also heartwarming to know brands are slowly putting him back on site. 

Hoping for brighter days for KSH. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

True.  I read some comments in the latest KSH hot topic in theqoo.  Most of them are pretty negative which surprised me. He is no longer a good boy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Whenever I come across such scandals, I don't post anything. Since I just finished Cha Cha Cha, I wanted come here to see how all of you are catching up.

Anyone who supports the actor is named a victim blamer and delusional fans in comment sections of articles.

I don't know where the woman published the personal experience with the actor but I think it is important for any website to moderate such articles by informing law enforcement, investigating and analyzing what is true and what is false.

Once it is out on the internet, there is no turning back. People are going to believe one side despite the evidence that is put forth later on. This is going to be harmful for both parties because justice will not prevail.

If the woman was a victim, she will still get slandered and questioned. That's something we don't want.

At the same time, a celebrity is also human, who deserves a unbiased trial. In the wake of some random rumor, his life shouldn't be spoiled either.

I'm not on either side. I'm on the side of truth.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, peace said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think Salt actually handled this very well. But I am not a PR expert and I stand corrected. 

When there is no right action seen at the moment, don't do anything, give it time and wait until the correct action arises. The best offense is sometimes a good defense. 

By not saying anything, the only thing other people can talk about is whatever A said and damage control is only needed at that part. 

The delay could really have been KSH trying to reach A to talk and resolve things and try to understand where is A coming from and address her pain points before they release any statement. Unfortunately they can't reach her. And his apology statement remains clear of any explanation, which, judging from the public anger, an explanation can just be taken as another excuse from his part. The lesser is said, the lesser there is to be torn apart. 

And if they have faith in KSH's character, people will come out to defend him. Actual third party testimonies have greater credibility than Salt, who technically, should be and will always be on KSH's side. 

And they are more active in issuing statements now (as an offense) as public anger has started cooling down (especially with that youtuber admitted A distorted some truth). 

Not sure if it is because they mainly manages only female artist, but they really gauge this right and took the least damaging route in my opinion and I hope KSH renews his contract with them after his contract expires. 

Very well said.

SALT's short but sweet ment hits me harder “We will be staying with [Kim Seon Ho] until the end."

With SALT and fan's unwavering full support to Seonho, he will bounce back better and stronger.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just wanted to clarify a few things:

1. Apparently the rumor that he had a new GF and that is why he dumped the ex was fabricated by fans who wanted to change the narrative from the abortion story.

2. Just yesterday, someone who claimed to know him well during his "university row" theater days said he was a womanizer and bad-tempered, always picking fights with others when things didn't go his way. That this person was glad that KSH got what he deserved. That was debunked to be a complete lie.

3. Someone said they were going to release some "explosive information" on 10/25 about how agencies "kill" their actors who try to leave by exposing their private lives.

YouTube Reporter Lee Jin-Ho said this person is wrong and doesn't know what he is talking about. KSH is still under contract with SALT and they are the ones who are responsible for all his CF penalties, so why would they ruin their actor's rep on purpose? Also, saying things like, "I will release information on 10/25" is not how Korean media works, so this person is full of it, etc.

So this person said he will no longer release "explosive information," but not because of Lee Jin-Ho but because he doesn't want to magnify this story. (haha, yeah right)

--

Anyway, the first lesson is: a lot of the stories on the internet are made up so let's just not believe anything until it's verified and fact-checked by reputable media outlets. (I'm sorry for being the one to share some of these unverified rumors.)

People are going to believe what they want - that he is the worst person ever (except that he didn't commit any crime, just got involved in a bad breakup), or that he is a normal dude with an imperfect life just like anyone else.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Am delighted that his friends and colleagues are giving him so much support and speaking up for him in public! Truth and justice prevails! His career might take a better turn and  advance in movie industry. I am wondering even though he ended the relationship in an unamicable manner, this might have saved him from this woman or this relationship. He could end up like ajh and it would be even more damaging. Certainly people get mad when being hurt in a relationship, but this ex was trying to destroy his life by airing out the private details of their relationship and defaming his characters, and this is simply vicious!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I'll be happy to see him in movies, but I will miss seeing him in dramas and weekly variety shows.  2hr vs 16-20hrs and 1.5hr weekly.  But i'll take what I can get, and he gets to fulfill his dreams! 
Fighting KSH!

6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Anyway, the first lesson is: a lot of the stories on the internet are made up so let's just not believe anything until it's verified and fact-checked by reputable media outlets. (I'm sorry for being the one to share some of these unverified rumors.)

No apologies needed! I'm so happy to have this forum and be able to rant with like minded people. I also kept refreshing my net for latest news!

Unfortunately lots of abusers of internet's anonymity and brought down many people's reputation out of vengeful intentions. Social media education is clearly lacking and necessary!

• Like 6

i'm contented now since some of his highshool/college classmates are speaking out for him. i hope there will be more who will stand up for him especially his friends in k-entertainment.

fighting jagiya! will wait for your comeback! take care of yourself beca:fullofhearts:use we've got your back!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Let’s spread more love for Seon Ho, he needs it the most right now. Seon Ho fighting :heart:

I chose not to stay away, not to remain silent ever since this scandal broke out because although I understand that Seon Ho made a huge mistake and he has to take responsibility for that, honestly if the story had not been distorted, this mistake should never have costed him this much. Stay strong and proud again Seon Ho!!!

• Like 9

http://t.cn/A6M3WrIv

For those who can read Chinese, Weibo has a link to a translated video of a Korean entertainment vlogger dissecting the case in a more balanced manner. In essence he explained that this is not a simple case of a jilted lover but there are greater mechanics supporting her. He contrasted to other more serious cases which was reported less negatively and suppressed by media (probably due to other influences). He also felt strongly that the A should bear equal responsibility of the immorality and being an influencer he does not believe that she is that ignorant about how the industry works. He pointed out the 25 Oct person stated that he has to pulled out because of the threats he received which coincided with A announcing that she has engaged a lawyer. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2