Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

@sanghyuk

I agree with you that if Sad Tropics take a chance with him, it will be his life saver. However, I worry about his mental health now. Ms A's post had too much TMI and frankly it will be embarrassing to be on the filming site with so many eyes on you.

Then again, I hope he muster the courage and take his theatrical experience where the whole audience is watching to produce a spectacular role for the movie. I think movie producers generally place more value on acting skills than image, so hopefully Park Hoon Jung will give him a chance.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

i am torn between him laying low for a while and taking on sad tropics. I hope he won't voluntarily offer to turn down this role if the production company still wants to keep him. i think that role could be his lifesaver.  he has to be very focused to showcase his acting skill through this character and I hope he can pull himself together. This will set him free from the warm, loving image salt built up for him, and he can simply work his way up in movie industry which offers him more versatile roles. he can take on villain roles and swear as much as he likes (most korean movies have foul language)! :tounge_wink:  but the media will keep asking him questions about this relationship whenever he promotes his movies in the near term. He really needs a powerful management company to block off the media from this kind of negative reporting. Truly hope things will work out for him!

Sad tropics is too soon I feel, they may need more time for the sentiments to settle down

• Thanks 1

But movies are not released immediately after filming? Venice Film Festival usually takes place in the month of Sep. So that's almost a year from now.

12 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Sad tropics is too soon I feel, they may need more time for the sentiments to settle down

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, 2d1n_fan said:

@sanghyuk

I agree with you that if Sad Tropics take a chance with him, it will be his life saver. However, I worry about his mental health now. Ms A's post had too much TMI and frankly it will be embarrassing to be on the filming site with so many eyes on you.

Then again, I hope he muster the courage and take his theatrical experience where the whole audience is watching to produce a spectacular role for the movie. I think movie producers generally place more value on acting skills than image, so hopefully Park Hoon Jung will give him a chance.

i know it will be embarrassing, thats why i said he has to pull himself together! In the movie industry, people are more flexible and more forgiving, nothing is unheard or unseen for them! I remember the psychological test he did on 2d1n, and the dr/counselor told him that he actually has a very strong or determined mind (something like that). if the production team wants to keep him, it could be a boost to his mental health and give him hope!

just have to figure out the deal with salt! if he doesn't have a contract and he has to be on his own, so be it! it's better this way, so he doesnt have to deal with their control or ineffective management! and of course, i dont know if this is a good idea! pardon my ignorance!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Same. I’ve been feeling uneasy and tensed since finding out on Monday and having a hard time processing things.

A lot of his works (2d1n, past dramas including homcha) are my solace/comfort and now it feels like I have lost this source of comfort. I want to still support 2d1n because I have grown to love the cast, but it is hard to not feel sad/or feel disillusioned while watching. 

Same here. I’ve been feeling low since the news came out on Monday. I think because his recent works (start up, homecha, and 2d1n) gave me comfort during this pandemic. It’s really unfortunate that all the hard work of 2d1n cast and crew goes down the drain in just few days. They’ve been working very hard to build the chemistry after the fallout of season 3. I hope he’ll stay in touch with 2d1n family. The show is not going to be the same without him. :(

I hope he lands Netflix project after this. Pick a good role which can showcase his acting skill and reach out to intl audience. 

@levine1244 Finally, some good news :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Just my take on the so called scandal non scandal: "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned". This is a personal relationship that should have stayed between two people and nothing to do with anyone else but she made it public. For what purpose? To vent her anger because she did not get what she wanted? Both parties have responsibilities towards maintaining loving relationships and feelings change, it is the way humans are. It is painful but that is reality. And she also has responsibility regarding her body or reproduction in her body, meaning a discussion of whether they want to reproduce at the moment or not and if not then there is responsibility for both to prevent pregnancies. If there is an agreement that there should be no pregnancy and yet she got pregnant well that is a problem the partners need to resolve themselves and not the public. Her statements are not proven truth but just her statements and ruining someone's life and career which someone worked hard to achieve is just petty and vindictive. Shame, shame, shame. I am a fan of KSH and I am not defending him. I see this as a private matter between 2 people who once had a loving relationship. If she was harassed online and anywhere else by fans, I feel bad for her but she made her private life which had nothing to do with anyone else, public therefore she courted the public's opinions. Be careful of throwing stones, it will boomerang.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, wtraveller said:

I hope he lands Netflix project after this. Pick a good role which can showcase his acting skill and reach out to intl audience. 

I hope SALT will work hard to make this happen for him. Both startup and homcha have been popular on Netflix so I’m hoping he can find work there. Also, Netflix has come up with some really good dramas which I think will be perfect for KSH to focus on showcasing his acting skills and move away from the good boy image. 

In other news, sounds like whoever was going to reveal more information on 25 Oct has decided not to do so. There’s a lot of misinformation out there so I think it is really important to be discerning of what we are consuming/reading. 

• Like 5

Although I don’t know what the 25 Oct expose was about exactly, I do hope that some of his friends/ ex-colleagues would speak up for him though. That would be more credible than some acquaintance 

• Like 2

I’m very surprised none of his colleagues has stood up for him.  His agency has also done the worse job at protecting him.  I guess everyone is afraid to be associated with him?  We need to cancel cancel culture . It’s 2021, the perfect person does not exist and we shouldn’t expect that from anyone ; especially entertainers . 

• Like 3

SALT has done nothing so far really. Is this normal for an agency to be so quiet when one of their actors/actresses gets into trouble? I don’t follow any actors/actresses other than KSH so I really don’t know what to expect. 

Also, it feels like his colleagues/the industry in general have forsaken him. :cry:

Or maybe this is my desire that he is not ruined by this and that he has people taking care and looking out for him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've a feeling SALT wanted to take a harsher stand in this, a stronger retaliation, but KSH disagrees. SALT can't divulge much details without his consent. Which explains the delay in their response. Ultimately SALT may have just washed their hands off since KSH was not coperating. This is purely my speculation 

• Like 1

Don’t be disheartened if no one mentions or stands up for Seon Ho. I am sure some of his colleagues and co-stars call or message Seon Ho to check on and encourage him, but publicly mentioning his name at the moment is probably not advisable since it might spark controversy or create unneccessary attention. It is good to be careful since the issue hasn’t died down yet.

On a lighter note, I am so glad that Seon Ho received an award today for HJP role, thank you SDA! I hope it makes Seon Ho feels better.

There are a lot of tips and rumours over twitter now, I read but will take them with a bit of salt, I still do not know whether I want the whole truth to be exposed, or just want to let it be as Seon Ho chose to remain silent. It is indeed heartwarming to see many fans still support Seon Ho though. I hope Seon Ho is coping well and knows what to do next. 

• Like 8

I think his closed friends or colleagues in the industry choose not to say anything in public for his own sake, and let the rumour dies down eventually. Damage has been done, and the more ppl speak out, the more ppl will bite in. This means he needs to wait longer to come back. I just hope they’re supporting him from behind.

I also feel there are lots to be revealed, and that he has the right to defend himself or share his sides of the story. This approach will work in western world, where speaking up for yourself is encouraged, and ppl will actually listen to you objectively. But looking at how SK society works and how crazy knetz can be, I’d say it’s best to remain silent and people will eventually move on.

Looks like the big revelation on 25th is also not going to happen, which I think is good. SALT or ksh himself probably told that person to just stop, no point of having his name or his scandal related news keep on trending in k-media/ social media.

• Like 2

This is Korea we are talking about. The survival game in K-entertainment revolves heavily around Knetz. Social media in Korea is the spark of fire. Then comes those petitions to the BlueHouse or wherever. 

When one is embroiled, the rest remain under the radar. Else it’s gonna be like forest fire; a chain of combustion. Especially when the revealed subjects are considered somehow a big commotion in Korean culture. 

And. No rational producers and directors of variety, drama & movie wants their work to flop. Knetz especially plays the biggest part compared to international netz.

Therefore, KSH before Oct18th is everyone’s money tree. KSH from Oct18th onwards becomes a wilting plant, dropped off like hot potato. 

Knowing that the whole world knows about his unflattering private life, fact or not, it must have weigh a tonne on his shoulders. We can only hope the best for him after this episode. What’s done cannot be undone. 

• Like 1

Im rewatching catch the ghost cos i miss seeing smiley KSH news .. will probably start rewatching the rest of his shows until im less heart broken and not reminded of all the negative news.. have been feeling so sad since monday  :(

• Sad 1

from the snippets of what I read about this mysteries announcement. It has something to do with the agencies. Something about contract renewals and if the actor doesn't want to renew they release anonymous malicious post about you that you have shared with the company prior to joining the company.