Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

9 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Actually I also read that in an interview he did say that he is attracted to bad girls, that is probably the true him, before he was coached by SALT to say the right things 

Ah this explain everything then, thanks @Ohsh

I hope he learn from his mistake now to not easily fall to a bad girl and find the kindness one.

• Like 4

Info to be released on the 25th is being reported in sk. I couldn’t copy the Instagram over. It’s someone who claimed to be KSH’s friend who can’t stand the truth to be buried. It’s about retaliation of the agency when KSH didn’t renew the contract. Of course, don’t know how factual it is. Though I would say, I did find the news fm salt themselves claiming that his contract had not expired a bit fishy. I felt that they were trying to protect themselves when the news about his contract already expired in summer were everywhere. Well, only they would know when the contract expires. I do hope his friend will have the guts to push through if this news is true! It is about time to clean up this evil practice over there!!!

• Like 1

@sanghyuk the information is already all over twitter since yesterday. The OP who state want to reveal everything at the 25th also said that the rumor about KSH is having another GF who is younger and richer is false. OP also asked to stop spreading false information.

Honestly, I don't know which one is true and which one isn't anymore. Since yesterday there has been so many information about this and that. I can't even processed it. I really having a hard time. I feel anxious since the rumour broke and have trouble sleeping. I just want to know the truth and get over with it!

I will still support KSH though, aside from his personality, he is indeed one of a skilled K Actor that I know.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Why is Salt still not saying anything after Ms A has taken down her post? Honestly I'm rather disappointed with how Salt has handled this scandal.

I'm hoping & praying that Sad Tropics will keep him since it is catered more for international market through Venice Film Festival. No official report has been released yet of him being dropped from the movie so that's the last glimmer of hope for me. If he excel there, then his chance of a comeback will be much higher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

Actually I also read that in an interview he did say that he is attracted to bad girls, that is probably the true him, before he was coached by SALT to say the right things 

This interview was in 2016 (before he was under SALT) - where he mentioned about his attraction to "bad girl". > Eng sub video here (ideal style at 19:44)

Then from 2018/ 2019 (under SALT) onwards his reply is from previous post ( here).

From this interview: 

Then, the reporter asked Kim Seon Ho if he could tell his favorable appearance of a woman. Kim Seon Ho thought for a while, then answered, "I tend to go for more traditionally oriental-looking girls." He resumed with a shy smile, "I also prefer girls who look casual than glamorous."

Indeed, an artist would be coached by the agency on how to handle the public/ fans - as to appeal to the fans. We do need to see that an artist is an image creation (includes creation of physique/ presence) which fan would grow attached to. As with Kim Seonho the roles he plays / his physique/ his presence in 2D1N carries a warmth image that we are attached too. Hence, we create an ideal expectation of him, a projection to how he should be, when indeed as many says we will never know the real him. But the real him at present is his talent. I am still processing too :( and hope to re-embrace his dramas. 

@2d1n_fan recently there's an OP who claimed she had an aquintance who work at the agency. She said that the agency had nothing to do with the current scandal but KSH is now solving the problem by his own. Though this made me mad but, please take this info with a grain of salt. We still don't know what is happening.

Can anyone please enlighten me whether it is normal for the agency like Salt to remain silent like this amidst Seon Ho's scandal? If the rumour is true than I feel so bad for Seon Ho when all bad things happen at once. Or is this a part of someone's cruel plan to take him down?

I hope Seon Ho can receive the help and support he needs to pull him through this most difficult time of his career.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

I really having a hard time. I feel anxious since the rumour broke and have trouble sleeping. I just want to know the truth and get over with it!

Same. I’ve been feeling uneasy and tensed since finding out on Monday and having a hard time processing things.

A lot of his works (2d1n, past dramas including homcha) are my solace/comfort and now it feels like I have lost this source of comfort. I want to still support 2d1n because I have grown to love the cast, but it is hard to not feel sad/or feel disillusioned while watching. 

I’m not familiar with how agencies work, but it does seem like SALT has been incredibly quiet other than the 2 statements they have issued. 

@2d1n_fan, I read somewhere yesterday that KSH has stepped down from Sad Tropics and there is some discussion about compensation. Don’t know how true that is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wish at times I'm a native korean speaker so that I do not need to rely on translations, which half the time is probably inaccurate! Hence the usage of "bad girl" may not be fully accurate, it could mean something else but lost in translation... but come on, who finds the exact ideal?  That's why it is an ideal only -the real thing is likely to be different..  

Bad boys in novels and dramas are exciting too.... Hong banjang is definitely an ideal man to spend a lifetime with and has added alot of qualities to find in a boyfriend/husband material, but sorry to pop the dream bubble, there is no such person in reality  lol....  Just my two cents.. :D

hope 25oct will not make the matter worse than now :(

ps: another article about a popular figure has been highlighted to also have "abandon" a pregnant gf. Gosh.. all of a sudden, everyone's investigative skills are so good...  it scares me to be out in public for fear of being "stomped" on social media... what's the society coming to ..... :(

Edited by lilsakus
  • Shocked 2

@7psyche7 I saw an article claiming insider officials stating so, but that doesn't sound official to me. Besides, the Soompi article posted yesterday about Go Ara being offered a role in that movie still indicates that the producer & director are still undecided over Seon Ho's participation. I may be jolly well clutching on straws but that's the best option for Seon Ho right now.

• Like 3

Found this on twitter. Apparently a kr-eng translator. I found it helpful to read her take of A’s original post, relative to the one that has been widely reported/circulated. 

I similarly find it frustrating that I can’t understand Korean and have to rely on what is being translated by others. 

@2d1n_fan, sure hope that Sad Tropics is still a possibility. I think he’ll be brilliant in it. 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, lilsakus said:

I wish at times I'm a native korean speaker so that I do not need to rely on translations, which half the time is probably inaccurate! Hence the usage of "bad girl" may not be fully accurate, it could mean something else but lost in translation... but come on, who finds the exact ideal?  That's why it is an ideal only -the real thing is likely to be different..  

Nah, "bad person" is actually the literal translation of what he said :D, when interviewer asked if he likes to do mil-dang.

Kim Seonho had stated he prefers "Anna", he thinks mil-dang is necessary for love. He said he can't do it, but he is still attracted to the "bad person" type of girl. 

also i want to share this tweet:

i did read original post with help of the mentioned site. she did focus a lot on broken promises, his character rather than about the abortion, and half of her post was about badmouthing coactors.

oh looks like @7psyche7 and I have same thoughts :D 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Thanks for sharing the tweets!!  It does provide a very different perspective, and not the toxic relationship portrayed by K media!

Lessons learnt - dont date a celeb if you cannot handle being #2. She dated him when he has started his acting career though not as popular then.  Im not saying KSH is right and it is definitely not fair to the lady if the bf couldnt spend time with her, but he is logical to bask in his popularity wave and take on more projects. How long could popularity last if he takes his time (he is not a veteran who can  pick and choose what he wants to do). He probably couldnt handle a demanding relationship and career at the same time and made a choice to give up on love.  Especially when the lady love demands his time and attention which he couldnt give.

And he did show his hardwork, and his sacrifice showed results in homcha.  This is one of the projects i will forever remember.

The tweet's perspective sounds like the KSH i've seen on tv, and he was kind to the end and handled the breakup in the most appropriate manner in his circumstances, giving her a fair out instead of waiting for him with no end in sight (probably her age in consideration).  The lady probably felt unsatisfied (who wouldnt if such a guy broke off with you).  But  her "unintentional" rants have crashed her "love's" dreams in a single night.  Intended or not, that's on her conscience.

Edited by lilsakus
  • Like 9

it seems his agency doesn't mind at all. how can they not support their artist? from day 1 they should at least give a proper statement wether its true or not.

does anyone know KSH whereabouts now? i hope that his with his parents to comfort her. likes other said his parents can be his Hye Jin in real life and we, his trusted and loyal fans, is the Gongyin villager. we don't ask what's the true we just send him greetings and good comment to enlighten him and support him. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

I think there are people who are confused, some say don't read her ex's statement, but only the title I see people said she ruined her career for a misunderstanding, the word misunderstanding appears in headlined in various posts that Kim seon ho fans are sharing, what her ex said in her last announcement was about he begged her for forgiveness and she is sorry, but the story is probably the truth, him even made an statement or apologize to his fans and her. it also explains the behavior of his agency,

3 hours ago, agenth said:

also i want to share this tweet:

i read this post but i think only the two concerned need to talk about it if they want to

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I think there are people who are confused, some say don't read her ex's statement, but only the title I see people said she ruined her career for a misunderstanding, the word misunderstanding appears in headlined in various posts that Kim seon ho fans are sharing, what her ex said in her last announcement was about he begged her for forgiveness and she is sorry, but the story is probably the truth, him even made an statement or apologize to his fans and her. it also explains the behavior of his agency,

i read this post but i think only the two concerned need to talk about it if they want to

He did admit that he was wrong to her and apologized, there was indeed some truth in her statement, but definitely not all. Frankly speaking I do not believe in most of what she said, that is why I am still here trying to figure out what exactly happened and I still want to support Seon Ho.

However, that does not explain the behaviour of his agency, who knows what they are up to? Agency is not supposed to turn their back at one of their most famous artists at his worst time, but look at what Salt has done so far. At first I thought Salt will try to protect Seon Ho, but until now I kinda lost hope in them. 

Last but not least, those 2 immature concerned people could not talk through it so we have this drama to watch, although it is not fun but at least I hope the truth will prevail and shed some lights to Seon Ho after this madness is over.

Btw, please do not quote tweets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TBH KSH apologised for hurting her feelings (only). Some take that as admission that ExGf's post is the absolute truth.

The part about abortion, breakup is truer than other things, as those are facts. Everything else is very much a grey area, which is why media still is buzzing about this incident. Now some anonymous instagram announces/threatens that the "truth" will be published on October 25. Neither KSH nor ExGF have made comment about that (see: https://dailynaver.blogspot.com/2021/10/alleged-acquaintance-of-kim-seon-ho-and.html

I'm not defending either party, but it's obvious that the post is heavily biased. Such is human nature. Nobody is completely evil or completely innocent. This is a private topic but due to ExGF's actions it has been made into media circus - honestly now that I think about it the post was more about the events/emotions leading to the breakup rather than the abortion. They were together longer Post-Abortion than Pre-Abortion, too. 

Unfortunately for them both, this has been made into a matter of public record.

Edited by agenth
adding link
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, agenth said:

TBH KSH apologised for hurting her feelings (only). Some take that as admission that ExGf's post is the absolute truth.

The part about abortion, breakup is truer than other things, as those are facts. Everything else is very much a grey area, which is why media still is buzzing about this incident. Now some anonymous instagram announces/threatens that the "truth" will be published on October 25. Neither KSH nor ExGF have made comment about that. 

I'm not defending either party, but it's obvious that the post is heavily biased. Such is human nature. Nobody is completely evil or completely innocent. This is a private topic but due to ExGF's actions it has been made into media circus - honestly now that I think about it the post was more about the events/emotions leading to the breakup rather than the abortion. They were together longer Post-Abortion than Pre-Abortion, too. 

Unfortunately for them both, this has been made into a matter of public record.

Sometimes people hear/remember what they wanted to depending on their feelings at that time. But that is reality. 

Actually KSH also never said that he is a Good Boy. It is the audience’s own inference based on the dramas’ stories. Then again, all the dramas’ leads are unrealistic ppl who hardly ever exists in real life. So we audience only have ourselves to blame when our perceptions/ illusions are burst. I cannot also blame KSH for having that good boy face and smile right? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 2d1n_fan said:

@7psyche7 I saw an article claiming insider officials stating so, but that doesn't sound official to me. Besides, the Soompi article posted yesterday about Go Ara being offered a role in that movie still indicates that the producer & director are still undecided over Seon Ho's participation. I may be jolly well clutching on straws but that's the best option for Seon Ho right now.

i am torn between him laying low for a while and taking on sad tropics. I hope he won't voluntarily offer to turn down this role if the production company still wants to keep him. i think that role could be his lifesaver.  he has to be very focused to showcase his acting skill through this character and I hope he can pull himself together. This will set him free from the warm, loving image salt built up for him, and he can simply work his way up in movie industry which offers him more versatile roles. he can take on villain roles and swear as much as he likes (most korean movies have foul language)! :tounge_wink:  but the media will keep asking him questions about this relationship whenever he promotes his movies in the near term. He really needs a powerful management company to block off the media from this kind of negative reporting. Truly hope things will work out for him!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1