Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

Didn't know there's a thread about him! Love him into pieces, I've been eyeing on him since his Chief Kim days and followed his other dramas (although I dropped Two Cops and didn't watch 100 Days of Prince lol). This guy has a lot of potential.

I can't wait to see him on Waikiki 2. Waikiki is one of my fave shows and he'll appear in the 2nd season and I couldn't ask for more. <3

I noticed that his character (Wooshik) is a singer, I was wondering if he can sing an OST for this one. I think my poor heart can't handle it!!

I'm excited for S2, it's less than two weeks to air this fun drama.

• Like 1

@MarianM Welcome. Why you dropped two cops? I think it's good drama, but for me it's not kind of drama which I'll watch twice.

Same here! Haven't yet watched 100 prince because sageuk genre isn't my cup of tea. Maybe later.

Actually in one of his past interviews, he said he wanted to try performing in a musical. But due to his past accident he still find it hard to sing on stage with a lot of people watching him. Even though he has so many theatre experiences.

Actually I'm amazed when I found out about his character for waikiki s2.

Yeah. Let's support him and watch the drama!! Looking forward to his appearance and the chemistry with the other two boys. 

• Like 1

@MariaM,  I also dropped Two Cops. I only tried it because of him.
ah, both you and @ixxdhx81 do not like sageuk drama?  I thought 100 Days My Prince was awesome. I do not remember a Sageuk with such wonderful sense of humor, ever.  I laughed so much in it.  Of course, there serious parts as well.

13 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

But due to his past accident he still find it hard to sing on stage with a lot of people watching him. Even though he has so many theatre experiences.

Accident?   What happened?  :o
I did know he came from theater, because when I first saw him in Strong Delivery Man (which I stayed with only for him), I started to search, wanting to know more about him. But I do not know about his accident...  :cold_sweat:

@irilight Unfortunately yes. Sageuk isn't really my favorite genre. The last sageuk drama I watched was Dong Yi. LOL.

You too dropped two cops? Ahhh. From the story, I knew it's really not that good. But thankfully they safely finished the drama with number one rating at the time slot.

He's actually debut in 2009 as stage actor. He did so many plays. One of the PDs from Chief Kim casted him when he watched his performances (I forget, but I think it's when he played as Dan in Closer - He was casted along with Park So Dam).

The robbery accident. He still have trauma about it. He witnessed his mom got stabbed in their house. Acting helps him overcome the trauma but he still find it difficult to do musical.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ixxdhx81 said:

@irilight Unfortunately yes. Sageuk isn't really my favorite genre. The last sageuk drama I watched was Dong Yi. LOL.

You too dropped two cops? Ahhh. From the story, I knew it's really not that good. But thankfully they safely finished the drama with number one rating at the time slot.

He's actually debut in 2009 as stage actor. He did so many plays. One of the PDs from Chief Kim casted him when he watched his performances (I forget, but I think it's when he played as Dan in Closer - He was casted along with Park So Dam).

I think he mentioned one of his interviews that he auditioned to get Jo Hyunsik's character but he ended up as Sun Sangtae.

Same thing also to Strongest Deliveryman, he auditioned to be part of deliverymen but he didn't expect to be cast as Oh Jinkyu.

• Like 1

@MarianM Yes. That's also true. He never planned to do audition on his own. He had conversation with his friend (he mentioned Lee Dong Hwi in the interview, idk if it's the LDH from reply 1988 or not, it's unclear - but as I know they graduated from the same college), at that time his friend told him he did audition for so many roles but still had not been casted. So, Kim Seon Ho thought ah.. it's better to stay in theater rather than audition for tv (that's why he debuted in 2009 but we only see him through drama since 2017 - he took long time). But then, the PD saw his play and told him to do the audition. In the strongest delivery man he's not the first choice to play oh jin kyu, but he got casted and gladly nailed the role. For two cops he's also actually auditioned for Hoya's role but got casted as gong soo chan instead.

In his interview after two cops he said he's very lucky and thanked the PD for giving him the opportunity for all those roles.

P.S. Yeah. I didn't really like Hyeri's acting in two cops as well. I only finished for KSH and JJS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarianM said:

I think he mentioned one of his interviews that he auditioned to get Jo Hyunsik's character but he ended up as Sun Sangtae.

Same thing also to Strongest Deliveryman, he auditioned to be part of deliverymen but he didn't expect to be cast as Oh Jinkyu.

@MarianM, I wish he had been the lead actor in both drama....

@ixxdhx81, thank you for answering about that accident. That is horrible... No wonder he is left with the trauma of it.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Wish they gave him a proper love story there

@triplem, me too... You already know I like him best as a romantic lead. 

Spoiler

I'd love to see them back in a new romantic drama....

Dctku5pX0AEVMiU.jpg

DctkySHX4AIAC1_.jpg

DctksNUWsAAfodm.jpg

More stills released by JTBC

D1kzdqAWkAAo9Oj.jpg

D1kzdp-X4AIfABL.jpg

D1kze51WoAQ5W9C.jpg

cf437668fc4349ef9dbddab38b62fcff.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Is An Icon Of Misfortune In “Welcome To Waikiki 2”

Kim Seon Ho just can’t catch a break in new stills from “Welcome to Waikiki 2”!

“Welcome to Waikiki 2” will follow along the lines of the first season, telling the stories of the youths living in the Waikiki guesthouse as they pursue their friendships, love, and dreams. Returning from the first season is Lee Joon Ki (played by Lee Yi Kyung), this time bringing his high school friends Cha Woo Sik (played by Kim Seon Ho) and Kook Ki Bong (played by Shin Hyun Soo). Other new additions to the Waikiki family are Han Soo Yeon (played by Moon Ga Young), Kim Jung Eun (played by Ahn So Hee), and Cha Yoo Ri (played by Kim Ye Won).

Kim Seon Ho plays the prickly Cha Woo Sik, Lee Joon Ki’s high school friend who is persuaded to live at the guesthouse. After making a flashy debut as an idol and getting a taste of failure, he makes his living as an aspiring singer who teaches singing classes and performs at weddings.

In the released photos, Kim Seon Ho comes across a series of unfortunate incidents, bringing out both comedy and pity in the situations. Though he looks ordinary and chic in one photo, he is an absolute mess in another. In one instance, he holds a bouquet of flowers and looks desperate with his watering eyes, all the while dealing with a bloody nose. In another photo, he wears a flashy and tacky blue tuxedo with a guitar strapped to his back, looking quite remorseful. In the last photo, he is screaming while covered in dirt.

Spoiler

Kim-Seon-Ho-1.jpg

The production staff stated, “He is adding another level of charm to his character by adding a touch of reality to the funny scenes. Viewers will fall for this new charm of his.”

“Welcome to Waikiki 2” will air its first episode on March 25 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch it on Viki when it premieres!

source

More pictures from the poster shoot.. Thank you @MarianM for the link..

DSC09525.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

IMG_4417.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4419.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09512.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC09501.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09502.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4403.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09731.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

IMG_4550.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4506.jpg?type=w1200 

IMG_4505.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4515.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4581.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_4588.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC09857.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09870.jpg?type=w1200

DSC01377.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC09952.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09966.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09956.jpg?type=w1200

DSC09947.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00027.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC00773.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00813.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00818.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

DSC00070.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00197.jpg?type=w1200

DSC00110.jpg?type=w1200

SOURCE

P.S. Just realized I posted 3 consecutive posts. Please let me know if I broke the forum rules.. :astonished:

• Love 1

His smile and dimples made me feel so weak! :love: :wub:

He drives us crazy!! :wub:

--

Someone gave us a sneak peek in Marie Claire Magazine. Now, I really really want to buy that magazine.

cr: lisa_9432

---

He also updated his profile pic on IG. :love:5IBrqQtt6sVheNYbjtb2Eq.png

• Thanks 1

@triplem @MarianM yesss yesss.. Haha.. Not only he posted 2 pictures he also updated his profile picture. It's been a while since he changed his profile picture.

Two days ago he and one of his best friends (Kang Sung Soo) went to watch a play (2호선 세입자) in Daehak-ro. If you watched feel good to die, they both appeared together as cameo in this drama.

P.S. I miss his stage performances.. :tears: the last play he did was Kiss of Spider Woman in early last year..

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

@triplem @MarianM yesss yesss.. Haha.. Not only he posted 2 pictures he also updated his profile picture. It's been a while since he changed his profile picture.

Two days ago he and one of his best friends (Kang Sung Soo) went to watch a play (2호선 세입자) in Daehak-ro. If you watched feel good to die, they both appeared together as cameo in this drama.

P.S. I miss his stage performances.. :tears: the last play he did was Kiss of Spider Woman in early last year..

I think it will be hard for him if he can juggle both theater and tv. Have you seen one of his plays? I saw some snippets of him in YT, I think it's the closing part of Spiderwoman Kiss and got goosebumps at the last second.

• Thanks 1