Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

I am a proud Seonhohada. And currently grieving over this entire episode. Was wondering what that feeling was the past 3 weeks, and I think I am grieving. 

Grieving how quickly people turned their backs on this bright, giving and guileless soul. How someone's wrath can destroy so many things in a go. Everyone is entitled to their privacy, and it must be so horrid to have all their dirty linens hung out to dry. 

That comment @egluvsnupi posted was what went through my head too. Everyone wanted a piece of him when he was a rising star, and so quick to drop him when things took a down turn. 

All in all, many lessons for me here, to reflect and be a better person, or at least to not behave in certain ways. 

I was thinking...if this had happened to me, I would have the luxury to disappear until the dust settles (and then some) as I am out of the public eye. To have to go back to work so quickly after such an impact, must not be easy (but maybe work is his reprieve and escape).

Needless to say, I miss him. I miss how giving he was in terms of exposure and interaction with his fans. Things will never be the same again, but I am sure things will be better than before. 3-5 years down the road, all these will be but vague memories.

Edited by deathwool
  • Like 6

I thought I would join in with the random thoughts.

The EX- Knowing what we know now, her original post was written to isolate him from everything he loved and to target everything that was important to him. His kindness- fake. His good relationships with co-workers- fake. His adoration of his fans- fake. His parents raising him to be humble and value people over things- fake. The way she did this could be taken from a textbook about abusive relationships. Coupled with her 10 years in the industry, and just being Korean, there is no way she didn't know what would happen to him. Honestly, I will pray for her because I don't know what else to say. I'm so grateful for his consistent good character over the years saving him- because she tried really hard to bury him and that is the only reason she couldn't. It's honestly terrifying that people can manipulate the system in this way.

2D1N- I think as soon as CYA made her post this was over, it just took us all longer to realise/ accept it. I feel so sad about it. I watched the clip yesterday and all the team looked sad but Dindin and Ravi in particular looked devastated. I think the friendship is real, and I think they are probably trying to follow either his wishes or what they think is best for him. We have no idea about his or his families health and wellbeing right now- but they probably do- so I'm going to trust that maybe fond farewells or montages might not be the right answer, even if it's what the fans want.  What I took from the KBS statement is that it was probably KSH choice to leave and he is probably not in the headspace to consider coming back. I think regarding the editing him out and lack of goodbye/ acknowledgement as awful as it is, if they made a big deal it would just lead to more articles and youtube videos and that wouldn't help anything. The one bright side I can try to think of is maybe the extremely harsh reaction and unfairness of it all will help with his comeback with the Korean general public? I don't know. It sucks.

SALT- I want to say they are totally incompetent, but he kept a movie and most of his endorsements and is facing no penalty charges- which is basically a miracle if you consider where we were 3 weeks ago. I am inclined to think there might have been deals in the background with dispatch, CYA etc. to clear his name. I think there probably were photos and videos of him and in exchange for not filing charges they got them all back plus a NDA? I don't think the film production would go ahead with KSH and all the ads would be back if they didn't have legal reassurances that they weren't about to be hit with more disclosures about his personal life. 

KSH- I feel so bad for him. I'm also an introvert and I think if I had even a quarter of the public disclosures about myself that he has in the last few weeks I would just want to hide in a corner somewhere and never leave. I think any kind of variety show is off the table for a while/ indefinitely. I hope Sad Tropical goes well, the director is really acclaimed, and that it really launches his film career. Not being tied to 2D1N will make it easier for him to focus on his acting and accept good film/ drama roles. I hope there is a good Netflix show that doesn't have to deal with the weird Korean broadcasting standards in his future. :) 

Cultural differences- I'm British, and the idea that we are all at this point because a 35 year old man and a 36/37 year old women who were in a relationship for over a year had unprotected consensual sex and then broke up is truly insane. I don't know what else to say. 

I'm enjoying the Hometown ChaChaCha rewatch party every weekend. I hope that this is all over and we can just enjoy his great acting in future. On another note, is there anyone who speaks Korean who can explain to me if the general public there is back on his side? Are they still angry? I have tried to use google translate but tbh I'm still pretty clueless. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, confusedkfan said:

I thought I would join in with the random thoughts.

The EX- Knowing what we know now, her original post was written to isolate him from everything he loved and to target everything that was important to him. His kindness- fake. His good relationships with co-workers- fake. His adoration of his fans- fake. His parents raising him to be humble and value people over things- fake. The way she did this could be taken from a textbook about abusive relationships. Coupled with her 10 years in the industry, and just being Korean, there is no way she didn't know what would happen to him. Honestly, I will pray for her because I don't know what else to say. I'm so grateful for his consistent good character over the years saving him- because she tried really hard to bury him and that is the only reason she couldn't. It's honestly terrifying that people can manipulate the system in this way.

2D1N- I think as soon as CYA made her post this was over, it just took us all longer to realise/ accept it. I feel so sad about it. I watched the clip yesterday and all the team looked sad but Dindin and Ravi in particular looked devastated. I think the friendship is real, and I think they are probably trying to follow either his wishes or what they think is best for him. We have no idea about his or his families health and wellbeing right now- but they probably do- so I'm going to trust that maybe fond farewells or montages might not be the right answer, even if it's what the fans want.  What I took from the KBS statement is that it was probably KSH choice to leave and he is probably not in the headspace to consider coming back. I think regarding the editing him out and lack of goodbye/ acknowledgement as awful as it is, if they made a big deal it would just lead to more articles and youtube videos and that wouldn't help anything. The one bright side I can try to think of is maybe the extremely harsh reaction and unfairness of it all will help with his comeback with the Korean general public? I don't know. It sucks.

SALT- I want to say they are totally incompetent, but he kept a movie and most of his endorsements and is facing no penalty charges- which is basically a miracle if you consider where we were 3 weeks ago. I am inclined to think there might have been deals in the background with dispatch, CYA etc. to clear his name. I think there probably were photos and videos of him and in exchange for not filing charges they got them all back plus a NDA? I don't think the film production would go ahead with KSH and all the ads would be back if they didn't have legal reassurances that they weren't about to be hit with more disclosures about his personal life. 

KSH- I feel so bad for him. I'm also an introvert and I think if I had even a quarter of the public disclosures about myself that he has in the last few weeks I would just want to hide in a corner somewhere and never leave. I think any kind of variety show is off the table for a while/ indefinitely. I hope Sad Tropical goes well, the director is really acclaimed, and that it really launches his film career. Not being tied to 2D1N will make it easier for him to focus on his acting and accept good film/ drama roles. I hope there is a good Netflix show that doesn't have to deal with the weird Korean broadcasting standards in his future. :) 

Cultural differences- I'm British, and the idea that we are all at this point because a 35 year old man and a 36/37 year old women who were in a relationship for over a year had unprotected consensual sex and then broke up is truly insane. I don't know what else to say. 

I'm enjoying the Hometown ChaChaCha rewatch party every weekend. I hope that this is all over and we can just enjoy his great acting in future. On another note, is there anyone who speaks Korean who can explain to me if the general public there is back on his side? Are they still angry? I have tried to use google translate but tbh I'm still pretty clueless. 

I am not korean.  I used to use the papago to check the comments in theqoo once a while.  However, I stopped visiting the site recently because the comments were very disrespectful and made me depressed. There are roughly 30k registered users in theqoo.  They used to love KSH so much that KSH always became a hot topic.  Now majority of them turned their back against him.  However, I believe the opinons in the other two platforms (Nate Pann and Naver) became more positive after DP published the second report.  I guess n general korean people felt sorry for what happened to KSH. 

What made me sad is nowadays the haters seem to come from 2d1n fans.  They called KSH's fan crazy fangirls and ask fans not to comment on 2d1n site.  They also supported KBS decisions. They seemed to value the program more than members' well being.  I wish some KSH's fans can control themselves for now and not to say something that will bring more haters. 

You can read the comments in the latest Soompi report after KBS released the statement today.  Some comments from 2d1n fans broke my heart.

I wish all this will be over soon.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1497522wpp/2-days-1-night-season-4-chief-producer-responds-to-petitions-for-kim-seon-ho-to-return-to-the-show

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Claire99 said:

I am not korean.  I used to use the papago to check the comments in theqoo once a while.  However, I stopped visiting the site recently because the comments were very disrespectful and made me depressed. There are roughly 30k registered users in theqoo.  They used to love KSH so much that KSH always became a hot topic.  Now majority of them turned their back against him.  However, I believe the opinons in the other two platforms (Nate Pann and Naver) became more positive after DP published the second report.  I guess n general korean people felt sorry for what happened to KSH. 

What made me sad is nowadays the haters seem to come from 2d1n fans.  They called KSH's fan crazy fangirls and ask fans not to comment on 2d1n site.  They also supported KBS decisions. They seemed to value the program more than members' well being.  I wish some KSH's fans can control themselves for now and not to say something that will bring more haters. 

You can read the comments in the latest Soompi report after KBS released the statement today.  Some comments from 2d1n fans broke my heart.

I wish all this will be over soon.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1497522wpp/2-days-1-night-season-4-chief-producer-responds-to-petitions-for-kim-seon-ho-to-return-to-the-show

Don't worry @Claire99 30k members nothing compare to KSH 7.3m loyal fans around the world. I'm using 7.3m here as they are the one who stand when he was at the lowest. And I'm glad his follower continue to increase each day, this is not including his fans who doesn't have IG, twitter or FB. I know many of my friends also KSH fans but they are not active in social media and keep asking me for the latest news.

As far as I know 90% on Nate Pann and Naver already back KSH up again, even Miima put their advertising with KSH face on Naver. 

I read the comments too but I think only 1 or 2 that really vocal against kSH, most of them not happy with KBS decision. They don't understand that we are okay if this is a mutual decision from KBS and KSH but what we want KBS at least acknowledge KSH contribution for the last 2 years and let the rest of members freely saying a proper good bye. 

We are not fangirling KSH because of he is handsome but we love him because of his personality, his kindness, his clumsiness, his politeness, his dimples and how genuine he was as a person and most important a really good actor. We support him because he is not perfect and he is a human like us :wub:.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Hi

Anyone knows how was the rating for 2 days 1 night now that SH is not in it? 

Based on Wikipedia last Sunday rating down from 10.1% to 9.4% nationwide and 8.9% to 8% Seoul area. Still pretty good number but let see the rating for next week because based on Youtube playlist you can see the number drop significantly between with and without KSH appearance.

Just some final thoughts about this whole situation.

I saw an article that talked about whether KSH should laugh or cry with all these different people posting stories about him. The thing that would be best right now is let this whole situation die down and people will eventually forget and get over it. But with people coming out randomly with stories about him, the whole thing just keeps resurfacing.

Just because the 1N2D members/crew don't speak publicly about the situation doesn't mean anything. It's almost as ridiculous as when I read comments about how so and so didn't post anything when one of their close friends passed away. Not posting anything online is respecting someone's privacy. Again this whole situation was a huge invasion of privacy. He even told his friend he didn't want to fight about it in public. These are people who spent 2 days together every 2 weeks for 2 years. Of course they're close and they would be supporting him. 

It is regrettable and sad that he had to be edited out of the pre-filmed episodes, but if this happened to you, would you want to be seen on public television laughing and joking with friends? Even though these were filmed before the controversy broke out, this whole situation was still playing out in the background and everyone in the world knows this now. I think international fans need to step back and realize that in the end this is a Korean program that many older Koreans watch. No matter what, abortion is still not something that they would be ok with. 

As for the ex-gf, she was obviously unstable when she posted. Maybe she even believed the story she posted because she couldn't accept the break up. It's just too bad nobody was able to help her before she ruined both of their lives.

I think it's time to move on. Criticising people around him (ex-gf included) is not going to help anyone.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 3

I am not surprised if the ratings continue to drop, since Seon Ho is the most popular member, and even for show-only fans, the loss of 1 member affects the overall quality of the show, too. I read 1 comment in twitter, a 2D1N fan from US or Canada who did not know about Seon Ho's issue, was asking where the dimple smiley guy was, he seemed to be forced edited out. I love the other members, too but I am more of a Seon Ho fan, so honestly, there is no reason for me to watch 2D1N anymore while Seon Ho is not there.

I don't blame the members for not actively defending or mentioning Seon Ho though, they are just trying to do their jobs, they have families to feed, too. However, Ravi still wears Miima masks frequently, Din Din subtly played HomeCha OST yesterday, I have no doubt their brotherhood is real and they will continue to support each other. 

Let's leave the issue behind, I agree with @confusedkfan that things have thankfully turned out better than we thought, even the most optimistic fan would not have thought that Seon Ho can keep most of his advertisements and 1 movie when the issue first broke out. Aren't we all so thankful to Director Park Hoon Jung who decided to keep Seon Ho in Sad Tropics? If not, I don't think we can see Seon Ho again so soon. I hope Seon Ho is healing well while diligently preparing for his role.

Things I look forward to:

_Seon Ho's IG update

_Seon Ho's staff update

_More news about Sad Tropics filming

_Someone spots Seon Ho with family/friends/2D1N brothers

Please feel free to add yours :)

In the mean time, let's continue to vote for Seon Ho in polls, buy merchandises that Seon Ho endorses, support those brands that keep him, stream his dramas in Netflix... Let's all think about him and pray for him, too! Seon Ho fighting :heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I think people are allowed to feel what they want to feel whether it’s feeling angry, sad or betrayed. People process grief in different ways.

I am with @lolly though and will not nitpick the members’ actions. I saw this post on reddit and echo the same sentiments as OP. Here is a part of it:

“Personally, I lean towards the latter. I do not want to invalidate KSH’s relationship with the other members and personally believe that their friendship was genuine. I will never second guess their relationship because it was not me who spent two years with him and will not base it on the lack of social media posts and public spport for him. They do not owe me anything. And honestly I don’t need the feel to be validated by them speaking out on behalf of him. As the people who are closest to him, they probably have an idea on how best to support him, maybe it’s not talking about him so the issue just dies down, who knows? Anything they say will just get taken out of context and twisted by media. There’s a lot happening behind the scenes, more than we will ever know. What he needs now is private support more than public support.”

• Like 9

After couple of days it looks like everything start to sink in and people start to move on.

Let's move on from KBS and 2D1N, I also support when Seonhohada decide to use blue heart rather than green heart as blue is KSH favourite colour. 

As some of you mentioned in the past we need to count our blessings that we don't have to wait too long for him to get back to work. 

If you have time please read below analysist that I get from FB. I think worth to read so credit to the writer, the title is "His career is far from being ruined". 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=111433828013460&set=pcb.616580932832525

Seonhohada around the world non stop support him, I saw they keep send him flower/plant and food. I hope this can cheer and encourage him that he is love by so many not only in Korea but around the world.

Homecha also still at number 1 in 6 countries and number 7 around the world a month after ended, this is an amazing result as they cannot do extra promotion after the scandal broke up.

At the end Homecha production, actor/actress, staff and crew hard work been paid off.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, egluvsnupi said:

After couple of days it looks like everything start to sink in and people start to move on.

Let's move on from KBS and 2D1N, I also support when Seonhohada decide to use blue heart rather than green heart as blue is KSH favourite colour. 

As some of you mentioned in the past we need to count our blessings that we don't have to wait too long for him to get back to work. 

If you have time please read below analysist that I get from FB. I think worth to read so credit to the writer, the title is "His career is far from being ruined". 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=111433828013460&set=pcb.616580932832525

Seonhohada around the world non stop support him, I saw they keep send him flower/plant and food. I hope this can cheer and encourage him that he is love by so many not only in Korea but around the world.

Homecha also still at number 1 in 6 countries and number 7 around the world a month after ended, this is an amazing result as they cannot do extra promotion after the scandal broke up.

At the end Homecha production, actor/actress, staff and crew hard work been paid off.

I agree lets all move on from that  variety show, most A listers don't do variety show anymore so eventually with or without the scandal KSH will leave the show anyway as his schedule wont permit him to shoot out of towns or wherever. Its just sad that he had to leave the show in that manner but it will come anyway. His fans should move forward and support him in his upcoming movie and his many endorsements . Forget about 2D1N some good things never last. He also need time and space to recuperate and grow. Thats alright when God closes a window somehow he opens a door. Many opportunities will come for Seon Ho with his talent, hardwork and good working relationship with co stars and staff to boot he can bounce back sooner rather than later. 

• Like 6

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/415/0000005960 

I saw on twitter that there are articles now about if he will attend the 2021 AAA ceremony as he is expected to win his category. I could only read it with google translate, but it seems a lot more positive.

It will be amazing if some of the negative coverage could be cancelled out by him winning!! His fans are managing to change the narrative of this whole drama! :) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, confusedkfan said:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/415/0000005960 

I saw on twitter that there are articles now about if he will attend the 2021 AAA ceremony as he is expected to win his category. I could only read it with google translate, but it seems a lot more positive.

It will be amazing if some of the negative coverage could be cancelled out by him winning!! His fans are managing to change the narrative of this whole drama! :) 

I read this too, but I don't think he will attend even if he become a winner. Still too early I think, let him heal himself properly and back when he is 100% ready.

I remember Seo Yea Ji cancel to come last year as she received a backlash after the news she would attend to accept her award and I don't want another backlash for KSH, he suffer enough already.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, egluvsnupi said:

I read this too, but I don't think he will attend even if he become a winner. Still too early I think, let him heal himself properly and back when he is 100% ready.

I remember Seo Yea Ji cancel to come last year as she received a backlash after the news she would attend to accept her award and I don't want another backlash for KSH, he suffer enough already.

I totally agree with you. I don't think he will attend any award show for a considerable amount of time. I think it would be a bad idea for his mental health to be exposed to the public so quickly, and it probably wouldn't look great from a PR standpoint. 

I'm just happy that it seems to be forcing the media to write positive stories about him! I think production companies and advertising companies will be paying attention too. It just seems like such a positive thing amidst the misery of the last few weeks! :) 

• Like 4

The media will write about him regardless if he attends or not. I'd rather he focus on his movie preparation & not let the media get to him.

I want him to be nominated for Baeksang & attend the ceremony in May 2022 though. Filming should end by then and he can show the world he can hold his head up high and tell the haters to stfu. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

16 minutes ago, 2d1n_fan said:

The media will write about him regardless if he attends or not. I'd rather he focus on his movie preparation & not let the media get to him.

I want him to be nominated for Baeksang & attend the ceremony in May 2022 though. Filming should end by then and he can show the world he can hold his head up high and tell the haters to stfu. 

Haha totally! That would be amazing. I was just thinking that good stories would help with public perception and make a comeback easier and with less hate. Not for him and his team to be obsessing or anything. :) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Like you guys I also don't think or consider it appropriate for him to attend AAA. I think it's best if he focuses on doing movies for some time, rebuild his reputation and then come back to dramas. Movie audience are less conservative than drama audience. 

Although it hurts but I have to accept that we might never see KSH in 1N2D again. I was holding on to the hope that they might invite him for some special episodes later but seeing how firm(trash) they are when talking about him I've given up. I understand that Seonho was the one who had resigned but I can't help but feel that there might be some pressure as well. After all they were the first one to cut ties with him and it led to public doubt him more because of their long partnership.

Korean celebrities don't appear on variety programs especially game shows like this much after they reach a certain level of fame. So I feel like we lost a golden chance to see him every week. And I think even after everything will go back to normal he will try to keep himself away form variety shows where people will always try to find the real him in even smallest of his actions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1