Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Current Variety - 1N2D Season 4

irilight

1 hour ago, 2d1n_fan said:

In addition, KSH mentioned in an interview before that he's the type that doesn't make conscious effort to keep in touch.

Kkkkkkkkk. This was what I wanted to say before but couldn't find the words. Yes.. That's why I quite surprised when he contacted Gayoung on 2D1N, I think it was because he got invited by two cops pd to make cameo in memory in dream so they become close. Unless the people contact him first, he will never contact the other side. I bet two cops pd got invited to his play as a thank you for the coffee truck.

(I said this because I also saw tweet saying CTG is the only team he invited to his play). Nonsense if he didn't invite SU team to his play this time, but I think they're just busy with their other project. Seonho even invited the interviewer when he was interviewed for a magazine.

Most would say Start-up was his breakthrough, but I feel 2d1n was the stepping stone.

Agree! 2d1n open the door for him to be more recognized by the knetz and int-netz. and yes he's new player in entertainment world as well compare to other members. In his interview he said at first he didn't think the members will be like family to him. Yeah, it's because they meet often. Dindin, Jongmin, Jonghoon even came watching his play on valentine day. LOL.

As his fan base grow, there will be more differing views, with some more zealous than others. Let's stay respectful and understand that fans' actions will impact the actor, be it positively or negatively. KSH, fighting!

Yeah, some even could feel superior to others. Real fans are not who know him since day one, real fans are the one who stay with him till the end.

It's good to be back here and having great discussion. Hehe!

Add:

Oh! I forget if I already posted it here or not. But I came across a post on Instagram and I already told the OP to put the post down. In 2017-2018 when Seonho did the Kiss of Spider Woman play, one of the casts got caught in me too movement and even had to drop from the play. Be careful when posting his old theater play video.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Dindin, Jongmin, Jonghoon even came watching his play on valentine day.

:lol:

And I can't believe they didn't even realised it was Valentine's Day! Junghoon should know, even if Dindin & Jongmin doesn't. Lol.. 

With the safe distancing restrictions in place, it is also more difficult to get tickets for the play (as experienced by KSH himself) since the theatre can only fill up <40% capacity. So he can't freely give out tickets even if he wish to.

1 hour ago, ixxdhx81 said:

In 2017-2018 when Seonho did the Kiss of Spider Woman play, one of the casts got caught in me too movement and even had to drop from the play. Be careful when posting his old theater play video.

Thanks for pointing this out! To respect the victim, it's better to be mindful and not post any videos that may contain the perpetrator. 

I'm really enjoying our discussion here too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

With the safe distancing restrictions in place, it is also more difficult to get tickets for the play (as experienced by KSH himself) since the theatre can only fill up <40% capacity. So he can't freely give out tickets even if he wish to.

Actually they held preview performance before they performed for public. His F4 best friends came watching his performance. One of his best friends deactivated his IG acc after he posted the curtain call on his IG story. I am afraid it's because he's feeling uncomfortable with SH's fans, since the story was shared by fans. Even his cousin who used to have her IG public now made it to private acc. When SH did Memory in dream the condition was very different with today's performance. Not only because the corona, the sitting arrangement and ticketing process, all now different. His friends couldn't post something related to SH freely now. So, we really don't now who actually came to watch his play. Even the news about 2D1N team came was coming from fans who also came watching.

P.S. Thanks that the covid-19 cases in SK is declined so the 2.5 level distance can be lowered. More tickets are available. Hope this condition can last until the last performance.

11 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

Thanks for pointing this out! To respect the victim, it's better to be mindful and not post any videos that may contain the perpetrator. 

2017 was the year for theater to prove their acting skill behind the camera. SH is one of the theater actors who got the opportunity. Because I like theater actors, I know some of them and know about theater culture in SK as well. SH is one of my favorites among them and I am rooting for him. I had the hunch SH will make it big someday. He's the only one who has steady career on tv and clean image. One of theater actors who also my favorite even got jailed because hit and run. Since SH is getting famous these day, some of his old videos are resurfaced to the public. The problem is, people didn't do the research first before posting something. Is it okay to post this, does the OP agree if I repost it (saw some int fans didn't ask for permission to repost). Even I saw a post which mistakenly other actor as SH. She post the other actor picture, but the hashtag was Seonho.

Just a little and friendly reminder, be careful when you post something on social media. You can delete your post, but screen capture does exist. Hehe, I am also still learning how to use social media wisely.

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Thanks for the insights, ixxdhx81!

Are you in Seoul right now? Did you catch the play, "Ice"? It seems the theatrical world in SK is quite vibrant and popular. I've noticed many mainstream actors dabble in both tv/movies as well as plays/musicals. For example, many of the cast members in Hospital Playlist do both. How talented!

5 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

2017 was the year for theater to prove their acting skill behind the camera.

Was there any reason why 2017 was such a special year for theatre?

Social media is a double edged sword. It can boost one's popularity but it can also destroy one's reputation. The line that differentiates truth and lie is fading so thank you for the timely reminder to take responsibility in what is being shared on the Internet. 

I'm glad to hear KSH's F4 best friends came to support him though I'm sad his popularity has somehow affected them too. I hope they can continue to keep him grounded and be his support system outside of showbiz.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

• Like 2

Are you in Seoul right now? Did you catch the play, "Ice"? It seems the theatrical world in SK is quite vibrant and popular. I've noticed many mainstream actors dabble in both tv/movies as well as plays/musicals. For example, many of the cast members in Hospital Playlist do both. How talented!

I was in SK back in 2016 and 2017. Yes, the theater world is great in SK. Unlike Japan, SK didn't sell the DVD of any musical or theater performance. Because they want the people to experience watching the performance directly. They also can meet with the actors after the performance. Greeting, shaking hand, take videos, and photos. We're robbed because of the corona. Yes. As I know many supporting actors and big actors like Jo Seung Woo can do both juggling between television and theater. If you watched Prison Playbook, the series has many actors who have theater background. The trend was started from that drama, followed by Hospital Playlist which made us discovered Jeon Mido.

Was there any reason why 2017 was such a special year for theatre?

I don't really know the exact reason, but I was quite surprised when I watched KDramas that year. I noticed many theater actors act as supporting roles or even as main lead. But I read an article mentioning the name of theater actors which caught the viewers eye because of their acting.

I'm glad to hear KSH's F4 best friends came to support him though I'm sad his popularity has somehow affected them too. I hope they can continue to keep him grounded and be his support system outside of showbiz.

One of them is his 대부님 (godfather), the other one is Rocky's father (the french bulldog - you can see on KSH IG), I believe they will stay with him for long time and become his support system as well his 2D1N brothers. Last year in February they took vacation together. But that's before he really really famous and before the lockdown happened too.

• Like 2

They also can meet with the actors after the performance. Greeting, shaking hand, take videos, and photos.

This sounds so much more personal and fun! And looking at the tickets for "Ice" play, the prices are reasonable. I can see why it is popular.

One of them is his 대부님 (godfather)

What does "godfather" means in SK? I thought the 4 of them are about the same age? Where I come from, "godfather" is like a father figure, so I'm curious if it means differently for Koreans.

There is a bog article in Naver that listed Mr. Hong drama will be released in the 2nd half of 2021 with Kim Seon Ho & Shin Min Ah! If this is true, there's something we can look forward to! 

Naver blog

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

What does "godfather" means in SK? I thought the 4 of them are about the same age? Where I come from, "godfather" is like a father figure, so I'm curious if it means differently for Koreans.

He called his friend 대부님 in one of his friend posts, both are similar age. The other two are younger. When Seonho got baptised he was also there accompanied him. On the other post his friend also said it's new experience for him. So my conclusion, his friend is his godfather. But, idk.

7 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

There is a bog article in Naver that listed Mr. Hong drama will be released in the 2nd half of 2021 with Kim Seon Ho & Shin Min Ah! If this is true, there's something we can look forward to! 

Yes. Notice that too. But, it's not official blog. So, anyone can write about it. Same with namu wiki, anyone can edit. Saw on his namu wiki page his upcoming project was Link not Mr. Hong. Let's just waiting for the official announcement. Hehe..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

He called his friend 대부님 in one of his friend posts, both are similar age.

Thanks, for the reply! 

I think his friend being a "Godfather" means he is KSH's religious sponsor for his Catholic baptism. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as that is the understanding I have from Mr. Google. 

Yes, let's wait for the official announcement from Salt. I suppose it'll come when his play comes to an end next month. Thank goodness for the weekly 2d1n broadcast. It's my happy pill! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

Yes, let's wait for the official announcement from Salt. I suppose it'll come when his play comes to an end next month. Thank goodness for the weekly 2d1n broadcast. It's my happy pill! 

Yes! I know we all hungry for his next work, we even having discussion and giving our opinion about what we think the best for his next work. I believe in Seonho and Salt. It's good for fulfilling what the fans want, but most important is what makes Seonho happy doing his work. We as fans support him, and if he needed to be corrected or criticized he said he openly accepted it.

Yes! Today is 2D1N filming day if I am not mistaken. Bet, he'll give some gifts to maknae just like when he did to Dindin last November.

• Like 2

Hi @ixxdhx81 its good to have you back! 

About the endorsement in PH. I hear that he will be having a fan meeting on the same day as the last day of his theatre performance. I hope he will get enough rest though. 

Btw does anyone know whether this fan meeting will be accessible to international fans or is it only exclusive for PH fans?

On 2/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

In 2017-2018 when Seonho did the Kiss of Spider Woman play, one of the casts got caught in me too movement and even had to drop from the play. Be careful when posting his old theater play video.

Ah thank you for this information!

16 hours ago, 2d1n_fan said:

Yes, let's wait for the official announcement from Salt. I suppose it'll come when his play comes to an end next month.

Yess let's wait the official announcement from Salt.

Anyway this is to cute! His IG post with duck shaped snowball have almost reached 2M likes :D

Spoiler

Btw as crazy as it may sound, yesterday I was daydreaming what if SH got cast in Pachinko since there are some important characters that hasn't been announced yet. But then I hear the cast already fly to Canada to start their shoot and maybe I'm somewhat impatient with his comeback drama announcement that I'm having a delulu moment LOL :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, levine1244 said:

Hi @ixxdhx81 its good to have you back! 

About the endorsement in PH. I hear that he will be having a fan meeting on the same day as the last day of his theatre performance. I hope he will get enough rest though. 

Btw does anyone know whether this fan meeting will be accessible to international fans or is it only exclusive for PH fans?

Hoho.. Thank you for welcoming me back. No.. No.. Different day. His last performance will be on the next day after the fan meeting. Yup, hope he get enough rest.

I think I read somewhere that there's similar fan meeting in 2020 by the other artist, the fan meeting was available for people who use different network operator but it was limited for Filipinos only.

• Like 2

Hehe.. I watched 2D1N yesterday about the members letter. Because of the 1 year later Jongmin's letter which said Seonho got married and he's now waiting for his baby, it must be nice meeting someone from drama set, after the episode finished airing, I saw some comments on twitter saying Seonho must be have someone now, the other members most be know something about it, some shippers even thinking he is currently dating his previous co-star. Well, I don't have problem if Seonho dating, it's his private life. But I don't like when people started making assumption who is the woman he's dating. Digging more about his private life.

For those who just started watching 2D1N, let me inform you.. In 2D1N season 3 the members also wrote letter but for 10 years later. Jongmin also wrote about the members got married, had another kids. Even Jongmin said Cha Tae Hyun was waiting for his 7th kid (that means a kid every two years). Variety show can show you real personality of an artist but not their real life. That's why every variety show has writer team. So they can still keep the barrier, which side the artist wanted to show and which side they wanted to keep privately. Oh, and inside jokes are common in K-variety show. Hehe..

Wishing you all a great week ahead!

• Like 2

I watched the episode yesterday too! 

You can see how experienced Kim Jong Min is when it comes to variety entertainment. His letter was hilarious and has a common theme: getting married & having kids. He congratulated both junghoon and seyoon for their 3rd child and all the single members got married. So it wasn't just KSH whom he predicted has settled down. So let's take Jongmin's letter with a spoonful of salt, and not read too much into it. 

Our sweet variety rookie, Seonho's letter was so heartwarming. Always showing his appreciation to the entire cast. He is such a sweetheart!

Can't wait to watch the subbed episode later today!

• Like 2

They are filming "Feel the Rhythm of Korea" in Incheon today..

YVPcp.jpg

81-F4150-D-2-F8-E-4-D1-D-B210-E607-A42-C

49-A6-AD04-FBE8-484-F-8-C0-C-166-F9-FC63

cr: theqoo

Oh! FYI @irilightSeonho has his own category in DC Gallery and theqoo.

Here is the link in case you want to put it on the first page. Hehe.

DC Inside: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/lists/?id=sunho

theqoo: https://theqoo.net/kimseonho

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 4:07 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

No.. No.. Different day. His last performance will be on the next day after the fan meeting. Yup, hope he get enough rest.

Ah thank God! Too bad international fans cannot watch it T_T

About shipping, I get your point. From what I see it seems like he's a private person. If he's currently dating someone then I will be very happy for him! But digging more into his personal life is such a big no. And yes I have to agree with your late post that Seonho is a very sweet guy so I think many people can easily mistaken his gesture as lovey dovey. Moreover we only see it on screen, meaning we don't know what is really happening. 

Oh thank you for the Feel The Rhythm photos! Can't wait to watch the ad!

On 2/22/2021 at 6:44 AM, 2d1n_fan said:

You can see how experienced Kim Jong Min is when it comes to variety entertainment. His letter was hilarious and has a common theme: getting married & having kids.

Ah yes! He even write that Bang PD has married someone that is 12 years younger than her, which I thought was hilarious :lol:

Edited by levine1244
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Btw in case you haven't seen it, Seonho's interview for Japanese magazine

Fyi. Be careful when scanning, translating, or posting something from Japanese magazine. In 2021 they have stricter rules about it :(

Spotted in Wolmido.

Unfortunately, no cr for the pict. 

Eu0mNl5UYAQ83hU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Fyi. Be careful when scanning, translating, or posting something from Japanese magazine. In 2021 they have stricter rules about it

Ah thanks for the info! I guess i better delete the tweet

Btw I was wondering will this behind the scene be featured on 2D1N?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Btw I was wondering will this behind the scene be featured on 2D1N?

The Rhythm of Korea? I don't know about the bts. But I believe Bang PD and 2D1N will make special episode for it. They even haven't dropped the dance practice video, we only get sneak peak from preview so far.

3 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Ah thanks for the info! I guess i better delete the tweet

I am also following some Japanese artists and mangas fans, the fans already talked about the law since last year. We didn't know if it'll affect the fans who's living in Japan only or international fans as well. But better be careful, because the official magazine posted the notice for not sharing, scanning, or reposting, even translating everything from the magazine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

But I believe Bang PD and 2D1N will make special episode for it. They even haven't dropped the dance practice video, we only get sneak peak from preview so far.

Yes please!!!

Btw Im clowning here. Seonho is recently seen online and is following a golf instructor. An OP in twitter said that Mr. Hong have a scene where he plays golf. So does it means Mr. Hong is almost confirmed to be KSH comeback drama? Anyway as I said before I'm just clowning so let's wait for the official announcement from SALT :D

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1