Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

23 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

During his VLive I just realise something, is he left-handed? He looks so cute though :lol:

Yeah I noticed that too! I thought I saw him using his left hand while eating on 2D1N but I wasn’t sure. Saw that he was signing the autographs with his left hand on vlive. I guess he is ambidextrous? 

I thought he looks a bit tired. Hope he’ll be getting some rest soon. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Yeah I noticed that too! I thought I saw him using his left hand while eating on 2D1N but I wasn’t sure. Saw that he was signing the autographs with his left hand on vlive. I guess he is ambidextrous? 

I thought he looks a bit tired. Hope he’ll be getting some rest soon. 

Haha I wasn't sure either, some fans saying he's a right handed since the video is a mirror. I also saw some picture him signing using his right hand. I don't know whether my mind is playing tricks on me or he is ambidextrous (which is very cool if it's true!). Whatever it is, I'm happy he makes time for us yesterday. Yes he does looks tired and If I'm not mistaken he said that he just shoot an ad and after VLive he will have a practice for ICE again. Whoa hope he will get some time to rest!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2020 at 5:06 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

He said, “I was talking with some seniors who said to me, ‘As you get older, you harden in your ways. You keep getting stuck, and you become really stubborn. You can’t become like that.’ I heard that, thought it over, and realized, ‘I should live with the mindset of ‘always be learning.’ After that, it became a habit of mine to say that I am learning. In real life, I try to start off by seeing the other person’s good points.”

@ixxdhx81 Thank you for the article. He is open-minded and smart!

On 12/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, jelly said:

Seon-ho is like a shining star!! So much change has happened to him in the last 2-3 months. Hope next year, his actual ascend to legit leading man career begins, and he can lead a show or two that's well written and does well ratings wise too.

I hope so too... It will probably happen if he picks the right project.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

When he received the rookie for actor from MBC and rookie for variety he said people only received the rookie award once in a lifetime. He said, it's meaningful award for him. And he got both in acting and variety.

@ixxdhx81 so very true. He knows how to appreciate.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:25 AM, rocher22 said:

Kim Seon Ho in Amazing Saturday

Thank you, @rocher22  :wub:

On 12/26/2020 at 7:57 PM, levine1244 said:

Amazing Saturday achieves the highest viewers rating 

@levine1244, oh, that is so awesome!
I am so happy for him. He is on a roll. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Seon-Ho Calls ‘Start Up’ A Gift For Letting Him Meet His Character

960x0.jpg?cropX1=0&cropX2=2403&cropY1=0&

Kim Seon-ho acquired many new fans while playing Han Ji-pyeong in 'Start Up.'  Salt Entertainment

The storyline of Start Up made it hard to guess which male character might ultimately win the heart of the female lead, so fans of the Korean drama split into two camps. “Team Ji-pyeong” enthusiastically supported the romantic efforts of the character Han Ji-pyeong, played by Kim Seon-ho.

It would be a spoiler to say whether Ji-pyeong ends up winning his romantic quest, but his role definitely won him the hearts of many new fans. Kim really enjoyed playing Ji-pyeong, an investor who mentors start-up tech groups and eventually helps the start-up headed by Do-san, played by Nam Joo-Hyuk, and Dal-mi, played by Bae Suzy. 

“I was really grateful and happy to play the character Han Ji-pyeong, who has an admirable role as someone who helps other people,” said Kim. “Due to his success as an investor, Han Ji-pyeong was able to live in a luxurious hotel. I remember viewing that as interesting, and had a lot of fun filming the scenes.”

To hide the fact that he wrote letters to Dal-mi when they were younger and signed them with Do-san’s name, Ji-pyeong asks Do-san to pretend he actually wrote the letters and is the person Dal-mi considers her first love. This prompts a comedy of errors and complicates much of the interaction between the characters played by Kim, Nam and Bae.

One of Kim’s favorite things about being in Start Up was learning more about acting while working with the other actors and actresses in the drama.

“I was glad to just be able to work together, and I feel like my worldview got wider. I also felt a lot of different emotions after observing the attitude of the actors I worked with. I thought I should be an actor who thinks even more deeply than I do now, and also one that can help motivate others. Start Up was a drama that was like a gift that allowed me to meet Han Ji-pyeong. I’m super happy and grateful that many people are recognizing the effort I put into portraying Han Ji-pyeong’s character.”

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Kim Seon-ho hugs his adoptive grandmother, played by Kim Hae-sook in 'Start Up.'    Netflix

One of the scenes that helped viewers emotionally relate to his character hinged on Ji-pyeong’s relationship with Dal-mi’s grandmother, played by Kim Hae-sook. When Ji-pyeong was a homeless teen, she took him in, providing him with both an address and emotional stability. In that scene, which takes place many years later, they cry and hug each other. It was difficult to watch without getting teary. Was it difficult to film?

“Rather than saying it was a difficult scene to film, I would say it’s one that made me contemplate a lot,” said Kim.  “I thought a lot about how I could accurately portray the relationship between Won Duk and Han Ji-pyeong. I loved working with my senior, actress Kim Hae-sook, as she is an amazing actress who was able to truly depict the character of Won Duk through her acting.”

Kim began his acting career on stage, appearing in several plays, including Closer, True West and Kiss of the Spider Woman, before making his small screen debut in 2017.

“I primarily chose theater because I wanted to develop my skills as an actor,” he said. “I always think I have room for improvement in terms of my acting. I believe that I can continue becoming a better actor by spending a lot of time reading scripts and practicing interpretation in theater.”

He’s appeared in several TV dramas including Good Manager, Two Cops, 100 Days My Prince and Welcome to Wakiki, but he’s also a cast member of the weekend variety show 2 Days and 1 Night, which takes its cast to interesting locations in South Korea. Cast members perform missions on the show to earn rewards or to avoid punishments. Kim sees these trips as a way to unwind and enjoy spending time with fellow cast mates Kim Jong-min, Yeon Jung-hoon, Moon Se-yoon, DinDin and Ravi of VIXX.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

For his next project, Kim returns to the theater.  Salt Entertainment

2 Days and 1 Night is a program that helps me to heal and relax,” he said. “At the travel destinations, I’m able to see beautiful scenery, eat delicious food, and—more than anything—relax while making lasting memories with the other members. I also think being on the show helps me to clear my thoughts. I feel like the members are always by my side.” 

Despite his busy schedule, Kim quietly enjoys his down time and tends to go to sleep early so he can exercise the next day.

“I take a lot of walks,” said Kim. “At home, I spend time just relaxing, reading supportive messages from fans on my phone, or reading the letters fans send me. I also love to take naps.”

Now that Start Up has wrapped up he’s preparing for his next role. He will appear in the play Ice, which is set to open in Seoul in January 2021.

“In this play, only ‘Detective 1’ and ‘Detective 2’ make an appearance,” said Kim. “There is a boy who is suspected of murder, and the two detectives question him during the play. However, the boy does not actually appear on stage — ‘Detective 1’ and ‘Detective 2’ completely lead the stage by themselves. As such, I think the fact that this play makes the character of the boy through the audience’s imagination and our acting is unique.”

Drama success does not mean he will only appear in dramas from now on.  

“I think I will be able to show fans a variety of different things that they haven’t seen through my appearances on dramas.  I hope this is an opportunity for me to show that Kim Seon-ho is a flexible actor with the potential to show a variety of different aspects.”

After completing his popular drama, Kim received invitations to participate in many global awards ceremonies such as Asia Artist Awards and, according to the celebrity agency Maxperience (MPE), might greet fans in 2021 through various awards in Asia.

Since joining a theater group in college, Kim has found it rewarding to act and to interact with viewers.

“When I act, I feel a sense of ecstasy being able to portray different characters,” he said. “Being able to intensely focus on one character and essentially live as that character is something that draws me to acting. The fact that there are people who watch the character that I portray through my acting in itself is something that makes me happy. Because of the love and attention of viewers, I am able to improve, and continuously want to improve.”

Kim does have an opinion about who deserved romantic success at the end of Start-Up, but, spoilers ahead, don’t read the next paragraph if you haven’t finished the drama.

“It could have been good if my Start-Up character, Han Ji-pyeong, ended up with Dal-mi, but I actually think it is better that the two did not end up together. I think fate plays a big role — fate did not work in favor of Han Ji-pyeong and Dal-mi, while it helped bring Do-san’ and Dal-mi together. I think because of this, I don’t feel that it’s unfortunate Han Ji-pyeong didn’t end up with Dal-mi.”

‘Team Ji-pyeong’ may not agree.

source

• Like 4

Seon Ho is getting ready for his debut as an MC tonight 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJdWMTZj_On/

Btw u found this on twitter and since KSH hasn't confirmed any upcoming drama yet, I kinda lowkey want him to play as the male lead on this drama. Even though I think he will confirm his next drama after he finishes ICE :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Seon Ho is getting ready for his debut as an MC tonight 

Yes!
@rocher22, ah.. it is only 6PM Where I am at.. Happy New Year :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"They look like siblings," netizens impressed with the superior visuals of YoonA and Kim Seon Ho

1609435252-image.png

Girls' Generation's YoonA and actor Kim Seon Ho, along with TV personality Jang Sung Kyu, were cast as the MCs for this year's '2020 MBC Daejejeon (Song Festival)' as they adorned the stage with their exceptional visuals.

'2020 MBC Song Festival' aired on December 31st in which many fans were able to see YoonA's stunning beauty with Kim Seon Ho's exceptional handsomeness. The two MCs put on a special performance on this day as they sang a duet song of the classic song "Perhaps Love."

After the show aired, many netizens were starstruck as they were delighted to see the collaboration of these two celebrities. Many netizens took it to an online community to express how glad they were to see the two beautiful people on the same stage with each other.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BoldScientificAmbushbug-mobile.mp4

1609436286-image.png

Many netizens commented, "They really look good together, they need to film a drama together right away," "They look like siblings," "They're both so pretty," "they look like art," "They definitely look like siblings, they both have that innocent deer look," "They're so good together," "Their faces really look good together, they need to be in a drama or movie together," and "what is this, this is the perfect couple I've ever seen."

source

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy New Year, Everyone  :cheers:

dE2t8EXa7tAnd_igjWIf7TdNG46kbEWumEzrJHsk

• Like 4

5 hours ago, irilight said:

Yes!
@rocher22, ah.. it is only 6PM Where I am at.. Happy New Year :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"They look like siblings," netizens impressed with the superior visuals of YoonA and Kim Seon Ho

Girls' Generation's YoonA and actor Kim Seon Ho, along with TV personality Jang Sung Kyu, were cast as the MCs for this year's '2020 MBC Daejejeon (Song Festival)' as they adorned the stage with their exceptional visuals.

'2020 MBC Song Festival' aired on December 31st in which many fans were able to see YoonA's stunning beauty with Kim Seon Ho's exceptional handsomeness. The two MCs put on a special performance on this day as they sang a duet song of the classic song "Perhaps Love."

After the show aired, many netizens were starstruck as they were delighted to see the collaboration of these two celebrities. Many netizens took it to an online community to express how glad they were to see the two beautiful people on the same stage with each other.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BoldScientificAmbushbug-mobile.mp4

Many netizens commented, "They really look good together, they need to film a drama together right away," "They look like siblings," "They're both so pretty," "they look like art," "They definitely look like siblings, they both have that innocent deer look," "They're so good together," "Their faces really look good together, they need to be in a drama or movie together," and "what is this, this is the perfect couple I've ever seen."

source

Hmm... think I understand KSH's vibe with his FL in previous drama (except with Moon Ga Young whom they are like hyung-donsang). He was not quite 100% sync up with his FL in previous dramas, guess it's related to this "sibling-look" visual or vibe. Actually, I thought about this after my post. It's ok for him not to be 100% sync-up. If we viewers think they are so sync up, it means he either has feelings for the FL or is involved in some rumors/scandals which I don't think he wants to have this happened to his works. 

I like the Mr. Hong project with SMA. SMA has finally solidified her acting after the chief. She was very cute and adorable in her early dramas like Arang and the magistrate when she was a lot younger. And, this is a studio dragon production, if the writer is good, he/she can come up stories for each household in the village and would give a good platform to show off KSH's acting skills. If SMA declines the offer, my next preference would be Han Hyo-joo. She certainly has strong acting skills to take on this role. The movie actors/actresses will usually do a drama when they have movies coming out.

I also think he will stay on 2S1N as long as he can unless the PD team gets rotated and changes are made to the members. (Then who knows what will happen to the show! But KBS seems to be very pleased with the new theme for this season.) The show helps him deal with the transitional period after the drama ends. Like he said, he can go travel and enjoy good food with the members. It clears his head so he won't cling to the character and experience those void/emptiness.  He has good friends from his theater world, he has yet to establish good friends in the tv world since he just debuted 2017.  He needs support and friendship to help him sail through the more complicated tv world. That's all the more he appreciates the friendship with the 2D1N members.  

He is enjoying all these attention and exploring all kinds of possibilities after start-up. It's a whole new world to him. He is an analytical person, sure he knows how to handle this change and make good with any opportunities presented. At the end of the day, he has 2D1N family that can give him support and can help him stay grounded. :grin:

Happy 2021! :highonflowers:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 5

On 1/2/2021 at 6:47 AM, jelly said:

I hope SALT takes it a bit back, and eases up. Don't accept every offer that comes to him. Too much over exposure isn't good either.

I'm agree with you. I just saw Amazing Saturday and can't help but notice that even though he was all bubbly and smiling but his eyes look tired. Yes his next project is very crucial since I saw a tweet about an article mentioning that he is one of the most anticipated actor in 2021.

About his appearance in MBC, I notice that after hearing him sing some fans want him to record some song or at least sing a soundtrack of his future drama. For me that would be nice if he wants to, I just hope he wont do something he doesn't feel comfortable with just for the sake of fan service. (sorry if this sounded harsh).

@SeriousClouds I think we have to wait until his play wrapped. If I'm not mistaken it's around March? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

hello everyone! I'm a new fan of Seonho :wub: I am now watching 2D1N because of him but I ended up loving the whole cast :wub:

Anyway I went to this forum because I know I will find like-minded people here. I just saw another tweet of a toxic anti. These antis are getting on my nerves. I hope they would just focus on their fave and not drag seonho (and now they're even dragging YoonA :angry:) everytime seonho has a new promo or event. I just hate them.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 1/3/2021 at 5:11 AM, levine1244 said:

think we have to wait until his play wrapped. If I'm not mistaken it's around March? 

TY for info. I wish I could see play. Long wait :( 

18 hours ago, cheeserat said:

hello everyone! I'm a new fan of Seonho :wub: I am now watching 2D1N because of him but I ended up loving the whole cast :wub:

Anyway I went to this forum because I know I will find like-minded people here. I just saw another tweet of a toxic anti. These antis are getting on my nerves. I hope they would just focus on their fave and not drag seonho (and now they're even dragging YoonA :angry:) everytime seonho has a new promo or event. I just hate them.

welcome :) Haters everywhere. No surprise. 

• Like 3

On 1/4/2021 at 8:14 PM, cheeserat said:

It's okay, we can just ignore them and focus on supporting Seonho. Let his achievements speak for itself :D.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, SeriousClouds said:

Haters everywhere. No surprise. 

Seonho's breakthrough through Han Jipyeong is quite interesting. While there are many many people fall for this character, it's also true that the character is quite controversial and polarizing. Most viewers would either love him or resent him. It's unfortunate that some people are immature and cannot differentiate between the character from the actor, hence disliking Seonho because they don't like Jipyeong character. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1