Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

18 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

Btw, just curious. If "Mr Handy, Mr Hong" is confirmed, then we can safely assume that he turns down the offer for Link? Or is it possible that he will play in 2 drama in 1 year?

It depends upon the premiere of both dramas, LINK is slated on Aug 2021. The bomb Mr. Handy, Mr. Hong has no specific month yet. 

• Like 2

This one coming from KSH's side - SALT ent.

Link: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000375159

They said, "KSH is positively considering to star in Mr Handy, Mr Hong."

If he really accepted, then all we have to do now is to wait for the official announcement from tvN.

SOOMPI article: https://www.soompi.com/article/1444574wpp/kim-seon-ho-in-talks-to-lead-drama-remake-of-rom-com-film

28a27594a10c458d9734a08aab37c920.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Lead Drama Remake Of Rom-Com Film

Dec 21, 2020
by D. Kim 

Kim Seon Ho is gearing up for his next project! An industry representative reported on December 21 that the actor will be be starring in a drama remake of the film “Mr. Hong.”

His agency SALT Entertainment commented in response, “Kim Seon Ho is positively considering the offer to star in the new drama ‘Mr. Hong’ (working title).”

Released in 2004, the romantic comedy film “Mr. Hong” starred Kim Joo Hyuk and Uhm Jung Hwa. It is about Hong Doo Shik, a guy who makes his living by taking on all sorts of odd jobs around town, and Yoon Hye Jin, a dentist from the city who opens a dental clinic in the small town.

For the drama remake, Kim Seon Ho has been offered the role of Hong Doo Shik, the neighborhood hero Mr. Hong who loves involving himself in every situation to help people out. He only accepts minimum wage no matter the task, and he speaks informally to everyone whether they are children or the elderly. A mysterious man, various rumors circulate about why he was missing for a few years.

The drama will be written by Shin Ha Eun, who previous wrote “The Crowned Clown,” and is in discussion to air on tvN in the first half of 2021.

Kim Seon Ho was previously in talks to star in the drama “Link” (working title). He is currently also preparing for his play “Ice,” which premieres in January 2021.

Stay tuned for updates!

Add! According to this news: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003079012

The female lead will be Shin Min Ah..

• Like 5

@jelly I also want to see him as a sexy chef! I take Gabrielle from "Emily in Paris" as my reference LOL.

@rori0711 @jelly So I guess If the Link rumor is also true, then we can expect him to play in 2 drama next year. Gosh I'm so excited!! On the other side, I hope he won't be forcing himself or overworked.

@ixxdhx81 Whoa thank you for the article. Ahh...Kim Seon Ho and Shin Min Ah :lol:

• Like 2

This is so exciting! We will have dimples galore if this is true! I liked her role in chief of staff but didn’t finish oh my venus. She’s a veteran so I’m happy with this pairing. I’m not familiar with the movie but the synopsis sounds similar to when camellia blooms. 

I hope it will be same day telecast on Netflix so I can relish KSH in HD! 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

On 12/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, jelly said:

But yes, one of the biggest highlights were their shared intimacy and skin-ship with one another. 

One of the main reasons I loved it so much is because it all looked natural. It did not seem contrived.

On 12/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, jelly said:

My bad! It's just the director of the drama, not the writer!

@jelly, ah that explains it. Thank you for clarifying.

18 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Drama remake from 2004 movie, "Mr Handy, Mr Hong". It's tvn drama. The writer will be Shin Ha Eun who wrote"The Crowned Clown".

@ixxdhx81, I was just reading about that.  In fact, what I read stated it was confirmed, but maybe it was the translation. I loved the original movie. Kim Ju-Hyeok's are big  shoes to fill; If anyone can do it - it is our beloved Mr. Dimples.   Just please get him a fabulous leading lady.

The writer will be Shin Ha Eun who wrote"The Crowned Clown".

@ixxdhx81, I think Shin Ha-Eun is a newbie writer.  The main writer of "The Crowned Clown" was Kim Seon-Deok.  Shin Ha-Eun was also one of the writers of "Argon" which I have yet to watch. (thanks for the nudge. haha)

17 hours ago, rori0711 said:

Now we have 3 rumored dramas :blink:It's not an understatement that there are productions who want to use Seonho to generate buzz early on.

@rori0711, when he is in such demand - I wish he'd wait to see who are the leading ladies before he confirms. It is comforting to know that tvN gave him another option.

16 hours ago, jelly said:

I wanted to see KSH as a sexy chef

@jelly, I did too - on paper. But I so disliked "Suspicious Partner" that I dropped it. And that despite loving the cast members.  There is only one other writer I know of who gets terrific cast, and writes boring Drama (I keep dropping her Drama.  I won't even try anymore.)

Faced with a few options, I hope he chooses the best writer with the best leading lady... ha - if life were that simple....  B)

16 hours ago, jelly said:

It's scheduled for the first half of 2021, and Link is at the end of August 28, 2021. So let's say Mr. Hong is filming from March-April or April-May. Then Link is filming from July-Sept. It's possible.

@jelly, there is also a possibility that one (or both) Drama may be pre-produced.

16 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

The female lead will be Shin Min Ah..

She is a hit or miss for me...  (esp. in rom-com)

14 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

I liked her role in chief of staff but didn’t finish oh my venus.

@7psyche7, I also liked her a lot in "Chief of Staff".  I actually loved her in it.  I thought her transition from rom-com to melodrama was fantastic. 

I did not like her in "Oh My Venus." That thing she kept doing with her cheeks  was nauseating, but it may have been the director's instructions. I did finish watching it - because I loved the rest of the cast, esp. Henry.

I still want to watch "Lucifer" with her. And I also plan to watch "Beautiful Days" -an earlier Drama too.

14 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

I hope it will be same day telecast on Netflix so I can relish KSH in HD! 

Me too!  Sadly, neither Drama is listed right now as a Studio Dragon production, but that could still happen.
Even then Netflix can mess up. (I am still so disappointed they did not pick up Mount Jiri)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3bac7a3e7e1a4006b22431d78cd1c623.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Shares What He’d Do Differently Romance-Wise From His “Start-Up” Character + Which “2 Days & 1 Night” Member He Relies On Most

In a recent interview, Kim Seon Ho shared his thoughts on his latest drama “Start-Up” and his variety show “2 Days & 1 Night”!

Kim Seon Ho earned rave reviews and saw his popularity skyrocket after starring in tvN’s “Start-Up,” which came to an end earlier this month, as the investment genius Han Ji Pyeong.

“I’m so sad that the drama’s over,” said Kim Seon Ho, who spoke fondly of his co-stars and his experience during filming. “I feel really sad that I won’t be able to meet Ji Pyeong anymore. It was an honor to be able to live as the character Han Ji Pyeong.”

When asked to rate how much his real-life personality matched that of his character, Kim Seon Ho replied, “About 50 percent, I think. I’m not good at saying cold things to other people like Ji Pyeong does, and I don’t have a nice car or house in real life. But since I was the one acting, I feel like my true self must have shone through in about half of the character.”

As for how he’d rate his own talent as an investor, Kim Seon Ho remarked, “I’d give myself 0 points. I don’t think I have any talent [when it comes to investments]. I don’t even know how to play go-stop [a Korean card game], and I have no talent for analyzing other people’s investments.”

However, the actor shared that his confidence in his choice of career has never wavered.

“I think I did the right thing by ‘investing’ in acting,” said Kim Seon Ho. “I’ve never once regretted it. Normally, when you invest in something, you set a goal for how much you’d like to earn, but when I first decided to go into acting, I didn’t set that kind of goal. For me, it was acting itself that was meaningful, so I’ve never regretted it or wanted to turn back time, not even once.”

He added, “I think the reason that I’m able to feel this way is because there are so many great people that I’ve met [through acting], and it’s all thanks to the people who saw potential in me and gave me good opportunities.”

Kim-Seon-Ho-2-768x961.jpg

Spoilers

When asked what he thought of Han Ji Pyeong’s approach to romance in the drama, Kim Seon Ho revealed that he might have done things a bit differently from his character in real life.

“In the drama, Ji Pyeong confessed his feelings while eating noodles,” he said. “But I thought to myself that if it had been me, I would probably have confessed a little earlier on than that.”

However, Kim Seon Ho shared that he wasn’t disappointed that Han Ji Pyeong didn’t end up with Seo Dal Mi (Suzy’s character) at the end of the drama.

“It would have been nice if it had worked out, but I actually thought it was a good thing that Ji Pyeong didn’t get together with [Dal Mi],” he explained. “I’ve said this before, but I think the right person for him is someone else out there. I don’t think Ji Pyeong and Dal Mi were meant to be, and I think Do San and Dal Mi were. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel disappointed [that they didn’t get together].”

He went on to add, “I actually liked that Ji Pyeong mustered the courage to let Do San know what direction Dal Mi’s heart was facing—and that he stayed true to himself by deciding to remain in the role of helper up until the very end.”

Kim Seon Ho also spoke highly of both Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk. “I’m sure many people already know this about her, but I think Suzy is an actress with outstanding focus and great acting skills,” he said. “Every moment that she’s acting, she’s remarkably focused, and she remained very composed [throughout filming]. I think she’s a great actress who also knows how to brighten up the atmosphere on set.”

As for Nam Joo Hyuk, he commented, “Nam Joo Hyuk is truly a great actor and younger friend. The whole time we worked together, I learned a lot from him, and we had so much fun that I remember that we were laughing all the time. While we were acting, he always had a lot of ideas, and his witty energy shone through. Thanks to him, I was able to enjoy the time we spent acting together.”

Kim-Seon-Ho-3.jpg

Finally, when asked to name the “2 Days & 1 Night” cast member that had helped him the most, Kim Seon Ho chose Yeon Jung Hoon.

“The member who helped the most would have to be Jung Hoon, who’s also an actor,” said Kim Seon Ho. “When I have worries or concerns, he helps steer me in the right direction.”

He continued, “While filming ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ the two of us spent a lot of time together talking about acting or whatever problems were on my mind at the time.”

source

• Like 1

Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Lead Drama Remake Of Rom-Com Film

@ixxdhx81 thank you. Here is an updated article.

73ddd99ff9e6487e952fc03ee14545ca.jpeg?s=

Update: Shin Min Ah And Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Lead Drama Remake Of Rom-Com Film

Updated December 21 KST:

Shin Min Ah may be meeting Kim Seon Ho in a new drama!

Following the report earlier in the day about Kim Seon Ho being cast in a drama remake of the film “Mr. Hong,” it has now been reported that Shin Min Ah will be playing the female lead.

Her agency AM Entertainment commented, “Shin Min Ah is positively reviewing the new drama ‘Mr. Hong’ (working title).”

Shin Min Ah was offered the role of dentist Yoon Hye Jin, a confident woman who has both beauty and brains. She loves shopping and can appear materialistic, but she has a warm heart and regularly donates to support those in need.

If confirmed, this will be Shin Min Ah’s first drama since “Chief of Staff 2.”

source

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irilight said:

I wish he'd wait to see who are the leading ladies before he confirms. It is comforting to know that tvN gave him another option.

I also wish the same thing. As much as I want to see him back on the screen but I really hope he would choose his next project wisely. But I remember he once said he want to play as an ordinary guy, maybe that's why he is drawn to Mr. Hong. Let's just wait for the official news :D

3 hours ago, jelly said:

(I thought I saw somewhere that Mr. Hong is Studio Dragon, and Link is YG+ but both are from tvN. I really hope he can do both! For those wondering, yes its possible and fine to do 2 dramas in 1 yr from the same channel. (Ex. Kim Go Eun: 2016: Cheese in the Trap/Goblin).

I think I also saw someone stated that Mr. Hong is Studio Dragon, from twitter I guess? And btw thank you for the info! I almost forgot that KGE played in 2 different drama back in 2016. Still hoping one day she will be paired with Seonho though :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irilight said:

And I also plan to watch "Beautiful Days" -an earlier Drama too.

Spoiler

oh come on sweetie! Magnetic Lee Minchul is a must watch :wub: Shin Minah's debut drama 19yrs ago...I'm sure she has come a longggg way. It seems i'll be able to catch up with her through Mr. Hong 

P.S. be sure to have lots of tissue when you watch this classic :D

• Love 1

2 hours ago, jelly said:

I find him to be such a fascinating individual. He's more deeper and introspective than what he's given credit for imo. I always find his interviews deep and thoughtful. He seems like he will be a great friend to have, someone whose a good listener and empathetic. 

I agree with you. Everytime I read his interviews, I think to myself that he'd be someone I'd have fun to have conversation with, someone who thinks deep, reflective, and empathetic like you said. 

And when we think we couldn'd fall even deeper into his dimples... 

He cares about the environment too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jelly said:

Really, about Link/Studio Dragon? I saw YG+.

Ah, I mean for Mr. Hong. I read somewhere that it will be produced by Studio Dragon. Cannot find the source though, so I guess we better wait for the official announcement.

About movie, I really looking forward for him to act in a movie! Seeing he's in high demand, he might already received some offer though. Maybe he's still considering or picking the best script? Manifesting we will get a news that he is casted in a movie (or movies :D) sometime next year!

16 minutes ago, petra said:

Gosh, how come we not fall deeper into this guy. The more I learn about him the more I love him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, jelly said:

Hmmm, imagine if we get these type of scenes/skin-ship in Mr. Hong haha!!

@jelly, thank you. Very cute scenes indeed. Thank you for walking me down memory lane.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

I think it'll be fun for him to work alongside a veteran actress, I think it'll be a good experience for him.

I agree, @jelly.   I also think it is a great honor to be offered a role with Shin Min-Ah as a leading lady, and shows how highly the producers think of him too.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

I heard Mr. Hong (the film) is really good, opposites attract story.

It was a sweet old fashioned movie. I loved it mostly for Kim Joo-Hyeok.

8 hours ago, jelly said:

(I thought I saw somewhere that Mr. Hong is Studio Dragon, and Link is YG+ but both are from tvN. I really hope he can do both! For those wondering, yes its possible and fine to do 2 dramas in 1 yr from the same channel. (Ex. Kim Go Eun: 2016: Cheese in the Trap/Goblin).

oh, interesting. Thank you @jelly.

Yes, Thank you for the reminder of Kim Go-Eun's both Drama.
oh, How I would love her to be a leading lady with Mr. Dimples...

4 hours ago, levine1244 said:

But I remember he once said he want to play as an ordinary guy, maybe that's why he is drawn to Mr. Hong.

@levine1244, ah yes.. Good point.

4 hours ago, rori0711 said:

oh come on sweetie! Magnetic Lee Minchul is a must watch :wub: 

ah yes...That's why I want to watch it, @rori0711

4 hours ago, rori0711 said:

P.S. be sure to have lots of tissue when you watch this classic

Thank for the warning.   :D

4 hours ago, jelly said:

I find him to be such a fascinating individual. He's more deeper and introspective than what he's given credit for imo. I always find his interviews deep and thoughtful. He seems like he will be a great friend to have, someone whose a good listener and empathetic. 

@jelly, I totally agree with you. Thank you for those past interviews!

2 hours ago, petra said:

And when we think we couldn'd fall even deeper into his dimples... 

oh, @petra.  a gentleman after mt own heart too. 

1 hour ago, levine1244 said:

About movie, I really looking forward for him to act in a movie! Seeing he's in high demand, he might already received some offer though. Maybe he's still considering or picking the best script?

@levine1244, I hope so. I too want to see him in a quality film.

Below is another article about Mr. Hong.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin Min-a and Kim Seon-ho Consider "Mr. Handy" Remake

photo1286557.jpg

On December 21st Shin Min-a's agency AM Entertainment put out a statement that Shin Min-a, who the agency represents, was optimistically considering a role in a drama remake of "Mr. Handy" which was released theatrically in 2004. Kim Seon-ho's agency Salt Entertainment quickly followed suit, stating that Kim Seon-ho was also optimistically considering the tvN project. "Mr. Handy - Drama" is a tentative title for the drama and still subject to change.

"Mr. Handy" starred Kim Joo-hyuk in the title role as a friendly neighborhood handyman. The movie's perspective character was played by Uhm Jung-hwa, an ambitious dentist who takes a position in Mr. Handy's obscure neighborhood for career reasons. Shin Min-a last appeared in the mystery thriller film "Diva" for which she received award nominations. Kim Seon-ho is still experiencing a big popularity boost due to his role on the popular drama "Start Up" which finished airing on December 6th.

source

• Like 4

@ixxdhx81, you beat me to it! Was just about to share these glorious photos of KSH. Love love these photos and KSH channeling sexy. My heart is :love:

Now I really want to see him a role that is edgy and sexy! Maybe as the sexy chef in Link? 

Regardless, I hope he is taking his time to pick his scripts, whether drama or movie and not feeling too pressured to live up to the current hype and expectations. I hope that he will pick something that feels right to him! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, levine1244 said:

after do a back reading, I just learned that he joined SALT on 2018.

@levine1244, yes. Here is one of the announcements at the time.

Kim Seon Ho Signs Exclusive Contract With Park Shin Hye’s Agency

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Ji Won and Shin Min Ah Are Both Rumored to Be Kim Seon Ho's Next Leading Lady

Which actress would you want our good boy to pair up with for his next K-drama after "Start-Up"?

kim-seon-ho-leading-lady-rumors-nm.jpg
IMAGE Lovestruck in the City/Netflix, Start-Up/TVN, Tomorrow with You/TVN

It would be an understatement to say that Kim Seon Ho's star shone bright in the tvN K-drama Start-Up. He was such a real game-changer that so many fans were rallying for the second lead to finally get the girl once and for all. And while Han Ji-pyeong may not have ended up with Seo Dal-mi (Bae Suzy) in the drama, Kim Seon Ho still won over our hearts in real life.

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho-startup-insert.jpg
PHOTO BY Start-Up/Netflix

That said, it's no surprise that so many offers are already lined up to become his next big project after the success of Start-Up, and his fans are waiting with bated breath to find out when we'll see him on our screens once again and who will be his lucky leading lady this time around!

So far, two K-drama actresses we love have been rumored to be his next on-screen partner:

1. Kim Ji Won

kim-ji-won-insert.jpg
PHOTO BY Lovestruck in the City/Netflix

In November, news of Kim Seon Ho reviewing the script for an upcoming tvN K-drama titled Link made rounds on the internet. The fantasy romance and mystery series, which will be written by Suspicious Partner's Kwon Ki Young, will supposedly feature the actor as chef Eun Gye Hoon, who will set up a restaurant in the town where his twin sister went missing two decades ago.

According to some rumors, Kim Ji Won—who's set to star in Netflix's Lovestruck in the City alongside Ji Chang Wook—is the leading lady being eyed for the project to play the role of Noh Da Hyun, a girl who shares a strange connection with the male lead through his emotions.

2. Shin Min Ah

b4e64dad62f0a2b9818afcfde094f12c.png

PHOTO BY Tomorrow with You/TVN

Earlier today, December 21, Kim Seon Ho's agency, SALT Entertainmant, has confirmed that he's "positively considering the offer" to star in the K-drama Mr. Hong, which will be a remake of the 2004 romantic comedy film that starred Kim Joo Hyuk and Uhm Jung Hwa. Should he accept, he'll play the role of Hong Doo Shik, "a guy who makes a living by taking on all sorts of odd jobs around town." 

According to a report by Soompi, Shin Min Ah—best known for K-dramas such as My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, Oh My Venus, and Chief of Staff—is in talks to star as the female lead. Her agency, AM Entertainment, confirmed she's currently reviewing the offer. And if things work out, she'll take on the role of Yoon Hye Jin, a dentist with beauty and brains who loves shopping but has a warm heart.

Right now, everything's still pretty much up in the air. But while nothing has been confirmed yet, we want to hear from you!

Who would YOU want Kim Seon Ho to pair up with for his next K-drama?

source

• Like 4

11 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Btw after do a back reading, I just learned that he joined SALT on 2018. So that means he joined them during welcome to waikiki 2?

From 100 days my prince he already under SALT. But they started creating staff Instagram, made KSH Instagram official (blue check) in 2019. Welcome to Waikiki2 he fully under SALT management.

• Like 5

SOOMPI articleSource

be6a72aaf4834429ab7a58a4e0a36da3.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Talks About The Advice He Got From Older Actors, His Desire For Change, And More

Dec 23, 2020
by C. Hong

Kim Seon Ho recently shot his first cover pictorial for the magazine Noblesse Men.

On December 23, his agency, Salt Entertainment, and Noblesse Men released a preview of the upcoming January-February 2021 cover.

In the accompanying interview, Kim Seon Ho talked about being on the cover for the first time. “I thought, ‘I can’t believe such a thankful thing has happened to me,'” he said. “When I first got the offer, I was happy, but then I started to worry. I thought, ‘What if I can’t pose properly? What if it feels awkward? I can’t be a nuisance to them,’ and got nervous.”

The actor also talked about his attitude toward constant learning in life. He said, “I was talking with some seniors who said to me, ‘As you get older, you harden in your ways. You keep getting stuck, and you become really stubborn. You can’t become like that.’ I heard that, thought it over, and realized, ‘I should live with the mindset of ‘always be learning.’ After that, it became a habit of mine to say that I am learning. In real life, I try to start off by seeing the other person’s good points.”

The interviewer suggested that Kim Seon Ho is embracing an attitude of constant change. He replied, “That’s right. Unlike before, the changes aren’t big or sweeping, but I’m seeing little changes in my attitude toward acting, as well as my belief that I’m doing the right thing. Recently, those changes hadn’t come like they used to, so I was disappointed, but with ‘Han Ji Pyeong,’ a lot has changed. Now I want to expand into doing new things that I’m unfamiliar with.”

The full interview and pictorial will be in the January-February 2021 issue of Noblesse Men. Kim Seon Ho is currently preparing for his upcoming play “Ice” (literal title), which will premiere at the S Theater at the Sejong Center on January 8.

• Like 4
  • Love 2