Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

5 hours ago, jelly said:

Plus, it would be nice if he worked in Chungmuro too. I mean, Bong Joon Ho or Park Chan Wook film?! It would make him stretch his acting talents even more, and possibly get him to showcase what he's done in theatre on a grander scale.

@jelly, I love your ideas for him.  :wub:That would be a dream to see him in Chungmuro. And once he is there - so many avenues open to him. It's like the world is his oyster.
But if he gets there, and how soon - depends on how wisely he chooses his projects.

5 hours ago, jelly said:

In his new play, he's playing a rough/foul mouthed detective. I mean, how cool is that? A total 180 from HJP.

wow. I can barely imagine him in a role like this!

5 hours ago, jelly said:

Ah, I hope Netflix or such, will work with him again, after they saw his success on the platform with Start Up. 

@jelly, me too.   I was so happy that "Start Up" was on Netflix, esp. because of his exposure on Netflix.
To be honest, Start-Up by itself was not a great Drama. It was sweet. What made it special is Kim Seon-Ho and also Kim Hae-Sook and their relationship in the Drama.  Start-Up had an average national ratings of 4.628% and it had  several episodes rated over 5% (but not reaching 5.5%.) That is good, but not great. I personally think that Kim Seon Ho and Kim Hae-Sook were the reason for the success of Start Up.

But the Drama that followed "Start Up" - "Mr. Queen"  - Achieves 2nd-Highest Premiere Ratings Of Any Weekend Drama In tvN History

Drama  with this kind  of success I want to see for Kim Seon Ho's next Drama, and of course - something that he will shine in. I think that after "Start Up" there are lots of eyes on him, so what he chooses next is super important.

5 hours ago, jelly said:

As for Run On, the director of Run On worked on Chief Kim. So as he said, he wants to be an actor people want to work with again. So I can def. see, that the director of Run On asked him for a favor, and KSH gratefully said yes to doing a cameo. 

ah.. That makes perfect sense. Thank you, @jelly.

3 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

All his cameos in drama were because his relationship with either writer or PD. Find me in memory cameo (Two Cops PD - bonus Moon Ga Young), Your house helper cameo (Strongest Deliveryman PD), Feel Good to Die cameo (If I'm not mistaken because the PD who asked him to do audition.cmiiw.) Run on cameo - if it's true (Good Manager PD - his debut drama).

Thank you @ixxdhx81. That makes perfect sense.

His goal was never popularity, he just want to act, become a better actor. As long as people want to work with him, he'll happily do it.

@ixxdhx81, That's great, but do you not think he could shift his priorities because of his increased popularity?   We cannot second guess him, of course. Lets see what he chooses next.

1 hour ago, 7psyche7 said:

here is the audio clip I’m referring to.

@7psyche7 Interesting. I wonder what this is about.... Maybe @ixxdhx81 will know.

1 hour ago, levine1244 said:

according to this tweet the title of the drama is The Woman on The White Horse. It doesn't mentioned about the broadcast and channel info thought so maybe the script itself is still work in progress? Yes I do agree with you there are many talented scriptwriter out there and I believe he gets tons of offer and probably is in the middle of reviewing and discussing everything. Hope he won't rush his decision.

@levine1244, Awesome. Thank you very much.   I am eager to find out more about it.
Like you, I hope he does not rush his decision.

20 minutes ago, jelly said:

KES is a big name, but she's also hit/miss for me as a writer.

@jelly for me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 Korean actors who found the perfect role and became household names in 2020

1607711019-actorroles.jpg

Including relevant material only

2020 has been an incredible year for Korean dramas, especially with Netflix venturing more into originals, and bringing on older dramas onto the platform, effectively expanding the horizon for international viewers of K-Dramas. Some of these actors have had numerous roles but were still relatively obscure to the general public. Here are 8 Korean actors who found the perfect role and became household names in 2020.

Kim Seon Ho

1607676178-photo1243118.jpg

Wrapping up the list is the one and only Kim Seon Ho, whose inclusion demands no explanation. Kim Seon Ho’s Han Ji Pyeong in 'Start-Up' launched a movement of appreciation for the actor and his penchant for charming people with a single smile. Kim Seon Ho has been a significant actor for quite some time in the industry, but the amount of love, awe, and accolades that he received from his character Han Ji Pyeong is bigger than ever before. This glory is what he has always deserved and we thank 2020 for bringing it to him.

source

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jelly said:

I know how much he really loves watching films, so it would be amazing if he got the chance to debut in film someday. It'll be another interesting challenge for him as well. I know he gives 100% to every role he takes on, so I hope he'll refresh and choose wisely. 

Yes, I agree with you, @jelly

7 minutes ago, jelly said:

Kim Mu-yeol played his role in Ice, and he's a dynamic actor too.

Kim Mu-Yeol is a fabulous actor!

8 minutes ago, jelly said:

Yep, Netflix has really helped K-dramas into the international world front. IA. KSH stole the show for me in Start Up, he was Mr. Darcy Korean version lol. He was absolutely sublime as HJP. An unforgettable role. While, I do feel like it should've gotten ROY got, its not a flop nor a huge success. But still, airing on Netflix helped bring his name out more which was such a nice blessing.

Yes, absolutely.. on all counts.. Netflix has become a blessing  for sure, certainly with the sad demise of DramaFever, and it brings Kdrama to the forefront of International viewers.

KSH was a perfect HJP. I cannot imagine anyone else doing this role as much justice.

12 minutes ago, jelly said:

As I said before, look at SJK/DOTS, that catapulted him into superstardom

Yes, I agree.  It is hard to imagine anyone saying no to KES.

13 minutes ago, jelly said:

I also respect his choices if he doesn't want to be a big star. Only time will tell...which direction his career goes. Let's see in 1-2 yrs!! Bonus: he's in his prime now, and doesn't need to serve!!

Yes, absolutely..   I hope he does what makes him happy.

14 minutes ago, jelly said:

It says a lot when prior directors or writers work with the same talent again!

For sure... And he himself said, that is one of his goals, to be appreciated and liked by the directors and co-stars he works with.

16 minutes ago, jelly said:

But SU changed the course of his career in a big way, more eyes are on him and more expectations too about his next work. He has fans from all ages/genders now!!

Yes! we are all so happy for him!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Start Up" Kim Seon-ho, "The Public's Attention Is Awkward and Hard to Believe"

photo1280716.jpg

Actor Kim Seon-ho talked about the public's interest in him.

In an interview following the tvN drama "Start Up", he said, "I'm spending endless happy days right now".

Kim Seon-ho has been standing out in the drama "Start Up" as well as TV show "1 Night 2 Days".

Kim Seon-ho said, "I'm quite not used to the attention I'm getting. Thanks to good work, I appear on TV a lot more and the public gets to see more of me. I can't actually get the feel of the attention I'm receiving but I know for sure that more people recognize me. It's awkward but I'm grateful".

"I also think I made a good choice of becoming an actor. I'm so happy these days and I'm happy that many people stand by me and watch me grow", he added.

Kim Seon-ho continued, "Many people around me tell me I'm doing well and even give me feedback on my work. Moon Se-yoon from "1 Night 2 Days" jokingly says every now and then that he doesn't want me to become famous".

To conclude, Kim Seon-ho said, "I am enjoying these times with people who are truly happy for me but I'm also trying to stay level-headed".

source

• Like 2

Thank you @ixxdhx81. True, they really need to think about this ASAP.

@jelly We think alike. I also didn't into what Dindin said to him. For once I wish I could say that he's doing great and he doesn't need to do everything for his fans. Yes, he's a sensitive guy and just like you I'm a bit worry how he handle the negativity. I hope the fancafe thing won't affect him that much. Especially knowing that he often visit his fancafe. :tears:

Yeah, only time will tell where does his career go. Hope he will continue thriving!

@irilight I agree with you KSH is perfect for HJP. Beside Suzy, he's the reason I continue to watch Start Up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Ah.. This one from radio. But, I can't remember which one.

Huft.. My heart skips a bit when I read ur post. As I know Seonho is a shy person who even could make his friend feel frustrated. LOL.

Ah thanks for clarifying this!! Now I can openly swoon over it knowing it is not something he said in private. :P

@jelly, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds his running super sexy! And you are right, there is a bit of a Tom Cruise feel to his running! I wished CTG had better writing. His role was really interesting  but the plot became so draggy after a while that I still havent completed it. 

I’m impatiently waiting for the latest 2D1N episode to be subbed. Seems like a really funny episode with all the awkward dancing! Can’t wait! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, irilight said:

Drama  with this kind  of success I want to see for Kim Seon Ho's next Drama, and of course - something that he will shine in.

In case you missed it.. 100 days my prince got the highest rating 14.4% nationwide and 15.2% in Seoul area, it's TVn and Monday - Tuesday drama. KSH acted as 2nd lead, but that time the drama wasn't on Netflix. It just entered Netflix last week, on Monday. His name also entered top 10 buzzworthy list that time. He got the spotlight in SK but not internationally. This time, SU rating was only around 5% but it's on Netflix so he got the recognition internationally.

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@ixxdhx81, That's great, but do you not think he could shift his priorities because of his increased popularity?   We cannot second guess him, of course. Lets see what he chooses next.

Yes. Definitely. Let's see what'll he choose next. Honestly, I don't really know what'll he do.. But reading all his interviews, I see his priority was still acting. To become a better actor, develop his skill, not to forget in entertainment area as well. He's not only thinking about himself, but also thinking about the people around him. His staff, his friends, his families, and his parents.

Idk if you already knew about it or not. But, when the 100days cast and staff went abroad for the reward because the drama was doing well Seonho didn't go because he was preparing himself for waikiki2. Unfortunately waikiki2 also got postponed because they're waiting for Lee Yi Kyung to finish his drama. He's also a religious man. He took his time to learn before converting to Catholic and his best friend helped him as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jelly said:

Kim Mu-yeol is an ex. of an A-Lister in Korea, who also does musicals/theatre still and also a top leading man in Chungmuro. He's signed for the ML of a new Netflix drama with the Kim Hye Soo!! And he's married, and does his thing but doesn't get the severe microscope either!

ah. I only know Kim Mu-Yeol from movies and Drama.  I think he is awesome. His fabulous movie "Forgotten" is still on NF.  There are also a couple more titles on NF, but I have not seen them yet. I look forward to "Juvenile Judgement."

I would love if he got awards notice, at the Baeksang's next yr. April is the cutoff date, so hopefully he can pop up in either Best New Actor or Best Supporting Actor (I know he's one of the mains, but its his best shot, if it were to occur). 

I hope so too... He certainly deserve an award.  He can also be in Best Couple with Kim Hae-Sook B) They sure made a powerful duo.

Please be a Ji Sung type of person, and stray away from those things KSH!! 

I hope so too - no scandals please.. But Ji Sung had dated Lee Bo-Young exclusively for 6-7 years before they got engaged and married.

MGY was very sick for a long time. CTG was her "comeback" Drama.  I won't be surprised if KSH paid extra attention to her because of that too.

11 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

In case you missed it.. 100 days my prince got the highest rating 14.4% nationwide and 15.2% in Seoul area, it's TVn and Monday - Tuesday drama. KSH acted as 2nd lead, but that time the drama wasn't on Netflix. It just entered Netflix last week, on Monday. His name also entered top 10 buzzworthy list that time. He got the spotlight in SK but not internationally. This time, SU rating was only around 5% but it's on Netflix so he got the recognition internationally.

@ixxdhx81, good point. I loved " 100 days my prince" and may re-watch it while it is on Netflix. I just thought that he did not have a lot of screen time on it; I remember feeling disappointed we did not see more of him in that Drama.

In any event, I hope his upcoming Drama as a lead will be successful in ratings too.

11 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

He's also a religious man. He took his time to learn before converting to Catholic and his best friend helped him as well.

@ixxdhx81I did not know that. Thank you.  So he grew up Buddhist?
@rori0711, thank you for the confirmation of KSH Cameo in "Run On."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite some lackluster viewership ratings, Kim Seon-ho manages to beautifully bloom

fc775760-6fb4-4006-98b8-2736dec295b9.jpg
Kim Seon-ho [SALT ENTERTAINMENT]

TvN drama series “Start-Up,” which ended on Dec. 6, was a stepping stone for actor Kim Seon-ho on his journey to stardom. The story initially focused on youths preparing to tackle any challenges they encounter as they try to develop their start-up companies but gets sidetracked on the love story that blossoms between the CEO of start-up Samsantaek Seo Dal-mi (played by Bae Suzy) and the CTO Nam Do-san (played by Nam Joo-hyuk).

As a result, the series ended up with poor viewership ratings of just 5 percent, but the one character that received absolute support was Kim's — director Han Ji-pyeong of SH Venture Capital. Although he seems tough on the outside, his sweet side is shown when he becomes pen pals with young Dal-mi 15 years ago under the name Nam Do-san and how he does his best to help the real Do-san in the hopes that his identity isn’t discovered by Dal-mi. According to a monthly brand reputation report published by the Korean Business Research Institute, in the category of personal brand assessment for actors in television series, Kim rose to number one, knocking out Nam and Bae who each ranked No. 2 and 17.

In an email interview with the JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, last week Kim said that he’s “just happy that so many people supported Han along with the main characters.”

“I think he was more attractive because he’s a dimensional character,” Kim said. “His attitude varies depending on what the person means to him such as when he meets Do-san while having feelings for Dal-mi, when he stays one step behind of Dal-mi — cheering and supporting her, and when he’s with Dal-mi’s grandmother Choi Won-deok (played by Kim Hae-sook) he turns into a softie, because she’s like the grandmother he never had.”

When asked how similar he was to his character, Kim said he can relate to his character’s personality.

“I think it’s about half,” Kim said. “I don’t have a good car or a house like he does, but we're similar in the way that we can’t speak ill of others.”

130942324_10221315113681806_742909427777
Ji-pyeong (played by Kim), seems cold and tough on the outside, but has a soft spot for Won-deok, Dal-mi's grandmother in tvN drama series ″Start-Up.″ [TVN]

The actor said of all his lines and scenes, the most memorable ones were those with Won-deok, especially the scene where Won-seok, who gives orphan Ji-pyeong a place to stay, ties his sneakers and tells him "If you do succeed, don’t bother to call. But if you’re in trouble, call me,” which the actor says touched his heart.

Also scenes where Won-deok tells her granddaughter Dal-mi, who’s having difficulties finding a job, “You’re still a cosmos flower. It’s still spring. If you’re patient and wait a little longer, you’re going to beautifully bloom in fall. So don’t be anxious.” And when Dal-mi tells her grandmother who lost her eyesight, “It’s fall. And they’ve bloomed beautifully, granny.”  

“They still linger in my mind because of how much they moved me,” Kim said.  

130910898_10221315117321897_179373079327

Kim debuted as a stage actor in the 2009 play “New Boeing Boeing,” and says if he could give his past self any advice it would be the cosmos theory, likely because although he enjoyed immense popularity in theaters, he felt like a rookie when he first started to feature on television screens in the 2017 drama series “Good Manager.”

Although he won the both rookie award and excellence award at the MBC Drama Awards “Two Cops” in 2017, it took a while for him to find a role that would leave an impression on people.

“Even when it seems like everything is dark, if you don’t give up and persistently do what you need to do, I believe that a time will come when you will bloom like the cosmos flowers in the fall,” Kim said. “Like Ji-pyeong, there were a lot of people who guided me in my life.”

Spoiler

130775225_10221315126922137_266293791784
Since last December, Kim has featured as an entertainer in KBS variety show ″2 Days & 1 Night.″ [KBS]

Last December the actor joined the fourth season of KBS variety show “2 Days & 1 Night” with actor Yeon Jung-hoon, entertainers Kim Jong-min, Moon Se-yoon, singers Din Din and Ravi. In one of the episodes aired last month where members received psychic counseling, he burst in tears admitting that he felt upset because he wasn’t good at either of his jobs — an entertainer and actor.

“Actor Cha Tae-hyun who saw the show gave me advice through the show’s writer Cho Jin-young,” he said. “Although I’ve never met him, he said that it’s natural that I worry about those things during this period, and that it will help me when I act. I was really grateful for his advice. I felt confident [again] thinking about all of these good people next to me, who supported me, through the show.”

The actor also soothed worries from his fans that he might be leaving the show due to his busy schedule.

“I’m going to be here longer than anyone else,” he said. “Although I’m worried a little that the entertainer version of myself might appear in my characters, that’s something that I need to overcome.

“Thankfully, I think for now viewers who enjoyed ‘Start-Up’ are coming over to watch ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ and other drama series [that I appeared in],” he said.

Spoiler

photo1280716.jpg

Due to his rising popularity, broadcasters are busy collecting scenes from his past and uploading them on their streaming channels. On YouTube, the Kim's kissing scene from the four-episode drama series “I’m crazy, for you!” which aired on MBC in 2018 has surpassed 10 million views.

A play titled "Ice," set to begin showing next month is next in line for Kim. 

“The stage has always been an intense place for me,” Kim said. “There is an ecstasy that you can only feel on a stage with an audience. It’s a place filled with passion where I furiously pour out my acting."

Kim does not have any experience in musicals or film yet but hopes his next move will be onto the silver screen. 

“I think I still lack qualities to lead the stage while singing for a long time," Kim said. “But if I am cast for a film, I would like to prepare diligently and try it out.”

source

• Like 6

EpPC6L5UcAIuMNp?format=jpg&name=large

It's the day! The opening ticket day for play "Ice". I couldn't participate in the ticket war, but why do I feel so nervous? LOL. Hoping for the success and safety to all the actors and staffs. Seoul is currently in level 2.5 social distancing. Yesterday Moon president and staffs had a meeting about the current situation, he told the staffs if needed they could increase the level. It means level 3, could lead to the cancellation of the performance. ㅠㅅㅠ

@jellyregarding his religion, like you said. It's sensitive subject. So, I think we don't need to talk about it deeper. Hehe.. Don't think he was Buddhist, because at you drive me crazy praying ceremony for the successful of the drama he was praying in Christian way. Hehe. Okay. Just until here.. Let's stop talking about his private life. Let's talk more about his works and projects.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to burst the bubble @rori0711 @irilight but according to the official chart, KSH won't be participating in the drama. You can check the official chart here

He's probably busy with his play and perhaps is preparing for another project? Well a girl can only hope :D

Btw the Epitone Project MV will be released today. Looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, jelly said:

Ooh, in regards to him thinking of debuting in film!! YASS!! I think it's a very smart move for him, once he gets in Chungmuro and stays in. It'll be smarter for him in the long run, b/c of the difference in film vs. tv. Plus, he could try diff. roles in film too. I'm glad he's eyeing a debut in film!!

Let's pray he will land on a movie project soon!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble @rori0711 @irilight but according to the official chart, KSH won't be participating in the drama. You can check the official chart here

Thank you for informing us, that's why I didn't talk about it because the previous relation chart was from June 2020. From the latest RC they changed the actor who'll play the ex-bf. As I know this drama got affected by the Covid situation in SK and the filming schedule got postponed as well.

35 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

Btw the Epitone Project MV will be released today. Looking forward to it!

Yes! 6.00PM KST!

The ticket for the play "Ice" sold out as soon as it opened.

Source: https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=003&aid=0010243136

standing ovation clap GIF

• Like 4

You're welcome @ixxdhx81 ;)

35 minutes ago, ixxdhx81 said:

The ticket for the play "Ice" sold out as soon as it opened.

OMG it feels like ticket war for Kpop concert. :D The fans who manage to get the ticket are very lucky. I also heard the website crashed. Hope they will not cancel the performance though so we can get his picture.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

OMG it feels like ticket war for Kpop concert. :D The fans who manage to get the ticket are very lucky. I also heard the website crashed. Hope they will not cancel the performance though so we can get his picture.

Still live up to his name "Daehakro Idol", and so many scalpers as well. Many fans reported it to Park Company (the production company) about it. Yes. Let's hope they could perform and finish safely without any injured.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, levine1244 said:

4 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Thank you for informing us, that's why I didn't talk about it because the previous relation chart was from June 2020. From the latest RC they changed the actor who'll play the ex-bf. As I know this drama got affected by the Covid situation in SK and the filming schedule got postponed as well.

thanks for the update ladies! It seemed Seonho supposedly cameo in RUN ON didn't worked out in the end. It's ok, I'm not really keen on this one.   

• Like 2

It's here! The MV...!

Epitone Project + Younha + Kim Seon Ho.

The comments project / event. The fans shouldn't leave the comment for seonho in the singer & the music group post. ㅠㅅㅠ

Please acknowledge the singer and the group. They created the song, Seonho only appear as the MV actor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I've watch the MV and I couldn't understand the lyrics BUT his acts really moves me to the point that I cried at the end of the song. The song is beautiful though.

3 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

In my mind it feels like HJP grieving the loss of his love after the ending of Start Up. So sad but so poignant. 

Same here, especially when he look up the picture of a plant. It brings back HJP memory all over again

The comments project / event. The fans shouldn't leave the comment for seonho in the singer & the music group post. ㅠㅅㅠ

SALT has updated their IG, perhaps we can leave the comment on this acc instead?

• Like 3