Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

12 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Profile picture for the play Ice is here!

So handsome :wub:.   Thank you, @ixxdhx81 for the "Ice" goodies...

10 hours ago, jelly said:

He loves films, but I hope he'll be able to be in a film that goes to an International Film Festival.

@jelly, I hope so too. I hope his film - whenever it happens - will be a huge success.

I do have to laugh though, on 2D1N, he was clueless about the famous/top film festivals. It's like um, aren't you an actor lol, shouldn't you know this stuff?!

haha. This is funny to me too. I grew up on films before I ever discovered KDrama....  
And I only now started watching 2D1N, slowly...

That's the seedy side of K-entertainment. If he bites the hand that feeds him, they might not offer him another tvN role?! IA that tvN has better quality and more budget on their projects. Him building a name with tvN is great

I think that building a solid relationship with tvN is super important for him.

1. Many of the Studio Dragon productions are coming to us via tvN (albeit, not all of them), and Netflix agreement is with Studio Dragon, from what I hear. Even the older Drama that Netflix recently added - many of them are Studio Dragon production.

2. tvN is an arm of Korean entertainment. They (and OCN) are owned by CJE&M which is a huge production company and also owns C&J Entertainment for films too. (You can see a list of their films there.)
So good relationship with tvN can lead to good relationship with CJE&M and C&J Ent. (and good movie roles), I think.

I do not want his first leading role on tvN to flop (none of us do), but I also have trust in Kim Seon Ho that he can improve weak script and  captivate his audience.) 

Hmm, I wouldn't say Ha Jung Woo & Choi Min-Shik are think of as Hallyu stars, more Chungmuro legends

Good point!  I think of them first as my entry to Korean entertainment was through films.

Namgoong Min needs to do more films, but for drama side, he's unparalleled rn. I think he's another versatile leading man, who keeps boundaries of his private life. I think that's important to do so, b/c some people take it way too far.

Agreed!
Thank you for the video with Seo Hyun-Jin!  I adored her in "King's Daughter Soo Baek-Hyang," and loved that Drama.

7 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

For me, these kind of adlibs shows Seon Ho's ability to interpret his character and portray the character genuinely....

Hopefully Seon Ho's next project also involve PD and writers who have faith in his interpretation and allow him to do adlibs. It would be great to see him keep on growing and growing!

I hope so too....

7 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

For the incident that involved some of his (new?) fans, well, I guess some fans are carried away with the shipping war. They need to stop, IMHO. Regardless with their (mine as well) dissatisfaction with HJP's ending in SU, SU had given the opportunity for Seon Ho to shine. Also, we need to differentiate between characters in drama with the actors/actresses portraying them.

@gayyoxx, of course.  Also, I think SU gave a good closure to the relationship between HJP and SDM;  HJP acknowledged that he had had the opportunity to seek her out throughout the years, and like a fool - he did not do that. He also acknowledged that he gained just as much as she did from their correspondence, because he was pretty lonely too. I thought it was a good validation for both of them.

2 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Hi, a new Seon Ho fan here

@levine1244, hi there, and welcome to Kim Seon Ho thread :)

2 hours ago, levine1244 said:

Btw saw another the swoon content about Seon Ho today. The Swoon is really whipped about him.

I am happy to hear that, esp. since they seem to be connected to Netflix.  Pleases share with us.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Kim Seon-ho's "Start Up" Success Proves Importance of Brand Synergy

photo1277418.jpg

Going into its final week, on paper "Start Up" isn't much to look at. The drama has consistently hovered in the 5% range for its entire run. It has neither improved nor weakened the profiles of its lead actors Bae Suzy and Nam Joo-hyuk. But their co-star Kim Seon-ho is a different matter. Originally a stage actor, Kim Seon-ho made his debut with "Chief Kim" in 2017 with a supporting role as a philosopher turned accountant. His kind-hearted character was a hit with viewers.

Kim Seon-ho had similar supporting roles in "Two Cops" and "100 Days My Prince". His strong lead performance in the short drama "You Drive Me Crazy" also convinced casting directors that Kim Seon-ho had the right stuff to be a serious star. Nevertheless, Kim Seon-ho could never quite catch on with his big debut in "Catch the Ghost". Kim Seon-ho was in an awkward place. Though he had the right face to be a big star, his best moments had always been in an ensemble, rather than in his own right.

"Start Up" ended up being the perfect drama for the actor, ironically enough taking advantage of his past stilted success. Kim Seon-ho's image is that of a nice guy, a late bloomer who didn't start acting on television until after his mandatory military service. His can-do attitude was a perfect fit for the role of a man forced his way into success in the cutthroat world of entrepreneurs- and a particularly appropriate fit for his younger co-stars, lacking his experience both in and out of character.

Kim Seon-ho has also benefited quite a bit from the simulcasting variety show 2 Days & 1 Night in which he also stars. Simply by being able to watch both programs, fans grew to appreciate and were impressed by Kim Seon-ho's surprising range. His undeniable work ethic has won the appreciation of both co-stars and crew. Despite being a difficult factor to quantify, Kim Seon-ho appears to have proven that attitude and synergy can take a person far- but only if they're appropriately cast.

source

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, irilight said:

I do not want his first leading role on tvN to flop (none of us do), but I also have trust in Kim Seon Ho that he can improve weak script and  captivate his audience.) 

He's already had his first leading role on tvN with Catch the Ghost. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, qynn said:

He's already had his first leading role on tvN with Catch the Ghost.

I stand corrected. I forgot that was tvN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CAMEO ALERT
KIM SEON HO as Han Seok Won

-Actor Kim Seon Ho might have a cameo appearance on the upcoming drama, he will be playing the role of 30 yrs old movie director and as the female lead's Ex-Boyfriend (played by Shin Se Kyung)

Drama Title "RUN ON" (premiere on December 16, 2020)   
(oh dear. And I was not planning on watching it....)

130839059_3519722298106264_7612779707609

130705940_3519722121439615_6482472731706

Spoiler

130766997_3519721958106298_5914477851328

130708118_3519721614772999_2019605797635

source: Oppanology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Yoona, Jang Sung-kyu, and Kim Seon-ho to Host MBC Gayo Daejejeon

photo1279282.jpg

On December 8th MBC announced the hosts for this year's MBC Gayo Daejejeon. The annual musical program will take place on December 31st as a year-end event. Yoona, who has hosted the event since 2015, will return once again as an emcee. Announcer Jang Sung-kyu will also be present, the only host this year who is traditionally known as a broadcast host as opposed to a celebrity in his own right.

Kim Seon-ho is the main new face for this year's broadcast. Kim Seon-ho has quickly become a popular entertainer due to his role on "Start Up" despite being a second lead. Due to commitments for a stage play early next year, Kim Seon-ho has yet to commit to a new drama. Nevertheless, his name has come up with regularity in smaller gigs such as this one, whetting the appetite of fans local and domestic to see him in a new widely
broadcasted long form project.

source

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jelly said:

"Recently I saw a cross-editing video of #SeoHyunjin & me. I keep laughing watching it When I saw that,I thought, "apparently, many people are looking forward to Romantic Comedy." Im so grateful" Ooh, hint perhaps?

Yaaaas... where was this reported? So he’s aware of the fan made video? I saw it yesterday and I totally want to see them act together in a drama. I feel like they will have really good chemistry.  

The new content from the swoon is on their Instagram. I don’t know how to embed it in the post but if you click the link below it will take you there. His laugh is :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CInOqRzJpHT/?igshid=uy0l4bq6cv2s

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

The new content from the swoon is on their Instagram. I don’t know how to embed it in the post but if you click the link below it will take you there. His laugh is 

@7psyche7, so funny. Thank you. I am glad he is receiving all the love.

Below is an article about the upcoming music video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

New Music Video From Epitone Project to Star Kim Seon-ho

photo1278590.jpg

Interpark Entertainment recently announced that Epitone Project, an independent band they represent, will release a new single and music video on December 15th at six in the evening Korean time. The title of the song in question will be Insomnia. The official announcement for the music video contained a largely unidentifiable man in silhouette although the credited information reveals a surprising identity for the actor- Kim Seon-ho.

Persons close to Interpark Entertainment have claimed that Insomnia will be a ballad about a man who is unable to go to sleep due to unforgettable memories of a departed lover. The announcement came shortly before the airing of the final episode of "Start Up" which has done much to bolster Kim Seon-ho's reputation despite his being a second lead.

The video has been described as appropriate for the cold winter. It may also be appropriate given the fate of his character on "Start Up" and possibly even deliberately selected as a project by Kim Seon-ho for precisely that reason. "Start Up" ended on December 6th with ratings of 5.2%.

source

16 hours ago, jelly said:

Ooh, hint perhaps?

I don't think so. I read somewhere she already confirmed leading a new SBS drama. As for seonho, he said in interview he liked watching video on YT. Remember the Robert De Niro scene which he talked about in another interview before SU started. That's another way for him to improve his acting. Watching videos on YT.

13 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

For me, these kind of adlibs shows Seon Ho's ability to interpret his character and portray the character genuinely.

Yes. Remember Jo Jae Yoon love bragging about seonho crazy adlibs on CTG press con. There's so many unexpected situation on stage when he did play, in short time he needed to continue the play without "breaking" the storyline and solved the unexpected situation, that's one of the reasons why he's so good at adlibs.

2 hours ago, irilight said:

Below is an article about the upcoming music video.

Hehehe.. Funny they'll release the MV at the same day with the 1st opening ticket sell for his play. I bet they want to distract the fans attention and prevent the server crash. Just hope, him, the other actors, and the staff are stay healthy and safe during this situation, could finish the play safely.

• Like 2

His visual with SHJ is pretty good and SHJ is usually chemistry-compatible with ML's. We will have to wait til they actually be in a drama to see if they will work out.  I think 2 to 4 eps romcom, like you drive me crazy, is more suitable for KSH. This is not something he excels or interested in. He and LYY did an excellent job in playing out their characters but visuals and chemistry wise were not as strong as he and MGY in wakiki 2 though the storyline was very weak, and hence ratings were not good.  I sometimes think that it's kinda difficult to match him with a good FL. He has a youthful, innocent, sweet look with powerful acting. If he pairs with someone a lot younger who matches his look, the acting of that actress might not match up to his level. You pair him with an actress who has good acting skills but the visuals might not be there. So at the end of the day, it's the storyline and the production that can overcome this problem. Years ago, the moon embracing the sun with Kim soo hyun carrying the drama was so popular that the lack of chemistry between the leads and the so-so acting skills of FL were not the issues at all.

I really like him portraying a son taking care of his alzheimer mom in catch the ghost. The struggles, disappointment, despair he played out just touched my heart.  And this is the kind of character he prefers when being asked in the CNN Indonesia interview.

I would definitely want to see him with SYJ.  I have to applause the person who has come up with this pairing. If SYJ is the queen of most heart-wrenching crying scenes, KSH would be the king. They both have super acting skills in crying scenes and have beautiful crying faces that suck the audience's emotion into their characters. I think they will be good in some patriotic/real-life movie or drama, like the last princess.

• Like 3

4fa01aa76ad84178ada087f2e34061cf.jpeg?s=

“2 Days & 1 Night” PD Shares Thoughts On New Cast’s 1-Year Anniversary + Names Kim Seon Ho As Member Who’s Changed The Most

Dec 11, 2020
by E. Cha

As KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night” celebrates the one-year anniversary of its fourth season, producing director (PD) Bang Geul Yi sat down for an interview to look back on the past year.

On December 8, the current cast of “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” rang in their first anniversary of their time on the hit variety show. Expressing her gratitude to the program’s loyal viewers, PD Bang Geul Yi remarked, “2020 was a very difficult year in many ways, but I think just the fact that we were able to keep going without taking a break was in and of itself a huge blessing. Although there are inevitably moments when we feel exhausted, we were able to successfully reach our first anniversary because of the support of the viewers who wait for our program at the same time every week.”

The PD also talked about what she thinks sets the current season of “2 Days & 1 Night” apart from previous seasons.

“To be honest, most of our cast members were beginners for whom this was their first reality-variety show,” said Bang Geul Yi. “I think what set this season apart was the way you could see the members growing and improving in many different ways, like Kim Jong Min’s unending growth as ‘the intermittent ace’ instead of just his ‘excited simpleton’ image.”

When asked to name the cast member who has changed the most since she first met him, the PD replied, “Kim Seon Ho has changed a lot, in a good way. Up until he started letting his natural side show through, you could sometimes sense a little shyness or hesitation on his part. These days, however, you can see he’s having fun [during filming], and he’s showing the side of himself that I was looking forward to seeing from the beginning. He’s a fun member to keep an eye on.”

As for what she considered the greatest challenge she’d faced thus far in the season, Bang Geul Yi shared, “Of course there were coronavirus-related difficulties, but the hardest thing for me as a producing director was the ‘Magnificent Vacation’ episode that we filmed during the rainy season. We spent all day running around in the pouring rain trying to make our Plan B and C possible and responding to the [weather] situation.”

“The entire crew, including the cast members, came together as one and followed my lead,” she went on, “and I could really feel then that ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ is a program that all of us work together to create. It felt great, because I knew I could count on them.”

Link

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ixxdhx81 said:

The new content from theswoon is here..!

Enjoyyyyyy! :heart:

Thank you for posting this!

OMG he is so adorable with his blushes and laughters. 

Apparently the Swoon is whipped about him since they put “Most Heartbreaking Han Ji Pyeong moment” award. I was like, lol, what is this? Not that I am complaining but every other award has nominee from several dramas and yet we have a fully exclusive Han Ji Pyeong vs Han Ji Pyeong vs Han Ji Pyeong vs Han Ji Pyeong lol. Hopefully the Swoon will give us more Seon Ho content!

Can’t wait for the MV! Is someone here familiar with the singer? Her voice sounds angelic so the MV is a double pleasure for me.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

Can’t wait for the MV! Is someone here familiar with the singer? Her voice sounds angelic so the MV is a double pleasure for me.

I'd like to recommend this one..

She indeed has angelic voice..

Epitone Project + Yoonha + Kim Seon Ho = Can't wait! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

:heart:

from SALT

I miss Eden! ㅠㅅㅠ

The story was very touching.. Hehe.. I also very happy because 2D1N team sent him big flower wreaths that time.

After almost 2 years (last time he did spider kiss in Jan 2018) without any play, he's back as Eden at the end of 2019. Memory in dream was new play for him. The writer and producer of the play was Oh In Ha. If you know Oh Eui Sik (knowing wife, two cops, touch your heart), Eui Sik is the older brother from Oh In Ha..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from my side of the world!

Thank you for the warm welcome @irilight I believe the swoon video I mention before already been shared by @ixxdhx81 ;)

btw I saw this yesterday on twitter

It's kinda hilarious since Ravi told him that the staff was excited when he picked up the phone but acted the other way around when Ravi is in phone with Dindin. He also said that he was shooting a program :D I wonder what program is it.

There's also an unaired 2D1N clip where Seonho and Dindin were choosen to do a morning mission. He's so cute here, he was excited to be able to do a morning walk then he remember he need to climb up the stairs.

Have a great day!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, levine1244 said:

He also said that he was shooting a program :D I wonder what program is it.

I watched the clip too. hehe.. When he said he was eating salad, the salad was still in his mouth, and put the fork down just to answer Ravi's love call.. LOL. Some hoped it was for KnowBros because Sodam and the other actors from "Angry Grandpa" - play which produced by the same company with his upcoming play Ice, went to the program to promote the play, but I don't think so.. I think it's for on & off season 2(?). But Idk.. I am looking forward to it. Hehe..

Ah.. Have a great day, too! Stay safe..

• Like 1
  • LOL 2