Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

On 11/22/2020 at 3:11 AM, ixxdhx81 said:

I am sad. The main lead fans dragging KSH. They even said we should thank the main lead because KSH got attention now.

I miss the old days when he was just our little secret. :bawling:

I believe he deserves all the attention because of his 12 years of hard work. It's true SU was the trigger. But after that, the theater fans started to post about him from photos, articles, etc. His old interviews and articles are popping out. People re-watching his old dramas. It's just showed how people missed discovering this gem.

From the start, his goal was never popularity. He just wanted to be a great actor. An actor who wants to hear from his co-star they wanted to work again with him in the future.

Instead of drama, he chose stage play for his next project after SU. It shows his greed in act, as someone who never forget his root as theater actor.

Glad the shoot has finished. Now he's focusing for his upcoming play, Ice.

Someone please give me some comfort talk. I really can't see him got the hate. My heart couldn't take it. :bawling:

Hi. I feel you... but don't be sad about other's opinion. I for one is watching StartUp because of KSH. I watched him in Good Manager and since then looked for his other works.

At first I was not really keen to watch StartUp, I'm not really a supporter of the 2 main leads. I thought I'll try the first episode, but the first episode turns out to be a light in the tunnel :D 

I am so looking forward to KSH next drama. I hope he'll 'strike while the iron is hot' and follow up with another drama. a team up with Seo Hyun-Jin or Park Min-Young would be nice. ;) 

He reminds me of another Kim, Kim Jae-Wook, also been in the entertainment for too long, a good actor always playing second lead until he portrayed the ML in 'her private life.' his popularity also risen up. 

• Like 4

On 12/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, irilight said:

I don't know what is the writer's thinking if indeed NDS is the ML. It almost seems like it's HJP and NDS the SL.

To be honest I've stopped watching the drama since eps 12. I just can't stand with how the writer builds the story and the characters, especially on Jipyeong's part. And don't get me started with the 3-year time jump.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

I bet the production team and writer didn't see all those KSH "great things" coming.

I'm guessing the writer initially intended for Jipyeong to be an antagonist. This way, whatever the main lead does can be justified (including that immature and totally unprofessional punching scene). I don't know if it was unintentional or not, Jipyeong turns out to be a charming character, with back story with grandma and whatnot, and drew the viewers' attention. I remember reading in one of the interviews, since this drama is targeted for youth, Seonho proposed to the PD and writer to tone Jipyeong's character down a bit to make it more fun and youthful. So he implied that the character was initially developed differently. Hats off for his instinct, as expected from a veteran theater actor. It turned out very well. 

Anyway, it's not supposed to be the thread for the drama. So I'll stop here. Kudos to Kim Seon Ho for bringing Jipyeong to life and stealing many many viewers' heart. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, irilight said:

With more and more viewers taking interest in the tvN drama 'Start-Up,' a poll was started on Naver in which netizens can vote for either Han Ji Pyeong, played by Kim Sun Ho, or Nam Do San, played by Nam Joo Hyuk. The poll started on November 28th and asks, "Start-Up's Nam Do San Vs. Han Ji Pyeong: Who would you choose if you were Dal Mi?So far, the results are surprising as Han Ji Pyeong received 81% of the 46,000+ votes.

1606769473-image.png

Hi.. regarding this poll.. I guess we have to wait untill December 4 when the poll is closed. I never go to naver because I can't speak korean. Can anyone teach me how to vote him?

• Like 2

Hello all, for those of you who feel like voting for the Naver poll, below is the link. It's very easy even for non-korean speaker like myself. You need to create an account which may be linked to Facebook. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/poll/list?serviceId=2

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Anotheeeeeeerrrrrr!

Asia Model Awards.

Will be broadcast through naver vlive on Dec 5th at 8pm KST.

384714799503ec63766dc6a3bf20e71e507aaf86

61176753ffff7003536cff0bd20fb1c717811e2c

Here is the Instagram link: Asia Model Awards

source: Korean Portal site

Article from KSTARLIVE

large_ae98e812dd011970dc10e0df6f2778b724

The '15th Asia Model Awards' Announces Winners from This Year's Ceremony

Here are the winners from this year's 'Asia Model Awards.'

On December 2nd, the 'Asia Model Awards' revealed winners from this year's ceremony. The announced winners include Joo Jihoon, Shin Hyunji, MONSTA X, ATEEZ, LOONA, CRAVITY, weeekly, Lee Sungkyung, Kim Seonho, Son Dambi, Jeon Mido, Jeong Hyeok, Yang Kyungwon, Ong Seongwu, Shin Yeeun, Lee Shinyoung, Jang Doyeon, Joo Woojae, Block B's P.O, Jeung Guho, Choi Choonghoon, and Yang Jihye. Detailed awards categories will be revealed during the awards ceremony. 

This year's awards ceremony will take place on December 5th at 8 P.M KST and aired live on Asia Model Festival's Youtube and 'V LIVE' channels as well on 'V LIVE.'

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Link for live streaming: Asia Model Festival
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2020 at 2:59 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

KSH is a great actor who can think fast when filming, he can do so many adlibs. (Actor Jo Jae Yun from Catch the Ghost praised him for it - you can watch the press conference of CTG).

That's the perks of being a theater actor who has almost 12 years experiences.

Thank you, @ixxdhx81. Kudos to him.   That makes a huge difference.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:35 AM, DonnaMae said:

I am so looking forward to KSH next drama. I hope he'll 'strike while the iron is hot' and follow up with another drama. a team up with Seo Hyun-Jin or Park Min-Young would be nice. ;) 

I thought he has the offer for tvN's "Link: Eat, Love, Die".  I am glad it is for tvN (and here is a good chance that Netflix will pick it too.) If he confirms, I hope it is a very good Drama.  I think there is a fine line between accepting projects, and being selective about one's projects.

@petra, interesting story about KSH suggestions to the production team about
Jipyeong's character.  I am glad they listened to him.

23 hours ago, uwimissteapot said:

I never go to naver because I can't speak korean

@uwimissteapotif you use Chrome browser when you go to Naver, you can have it translate for you.

20 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Whether I like the drama in which KSH acts or not, I watch that drama to the end

only because of his scenes...

@rocher22, my thoughts too.

17 hours ago, Godsangel said:

Hello all, for those of you who feel like voting for the Naver poll, below is the link. It's very easy even for non-korean speaker like myself. You need to create an account which may be linked to Facebook. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/poll/list?serviceId=2

@Godsangel, thank you!  That's what I do too. If you used Chrome, you can have it translate the pages too, and it can be helpful.

12 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:
This year's awards ceremony will take place on December 5th at 8 P.M KST and aired live on Asia Model Festival's Youtube and 'V LIVE' channels as well on 'V LIVE.'

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Link for live streaming: Asia Model Festival

Awesome!  Thank you @ixxdhx81.

3 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

MBC Gayo Daejejeon MC!

Confirmed.

Dec 31 2020!

Soompi just had an article about it.

7f893968636c4d2c8e6622e9905cf65b.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Announced As MC For 2020 MBC Music Festival

The first MC has been announced for the 2020 MBC Music Festival!

On December 3, Xportsnews reported that Kim Seon Ho will be a host of the year-end show this year.

In response to the report, MBC confirmed, “Actor Kim Seon Ho has been chosen as an MC for the 2020 MBC Music Festival.'”

Kim Seon Ho debuted as a theatre actor in 2009 and made his television debut with “Good Manager” in 2017. He has recently been rising further in popularity with his appearances in “Start-Up” and “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4.”

He will now be taking on an MC position for the first time at the 2020 MBC Music Festival, which will be held on December 31. Currently, the only artist confirmed for the lineup is Refund Sisters.

Stay tuned for more MC and lineup announcements!

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it is time to say Good Night.

128052472_3498590970219397_3106279505115

source: Oppanology.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Exclusive interview with CNN Indonesia.

Will be released on Tuesday, Dec 8th 2020.

So cute when he said "saya" :lol:

In case anyone is curious about the translation of the caption:

Kim Seon Ho who plays Han Ji Pyeong in the drama Start-Up is a company leader whose investment skill draws viewers' attention. So, #TeamHanJipyeong, make some noise!  

Watch #ExclusiveInterview with Kim Seon Ho on #CNNIndonesia, Tuesday, 8/12!

5 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

ENJOYYYYYYY!!!

After watching this video, I can't help but admire him even more. He always has this positive view towards his co-actors and you can see how passionate he is in his acting. Interesting to learn his approach in portraying Jipyeong and projecting his emotions. 

• Like 4

@ixxdhx81 thank you for the news and the videos.
@petra, thank you for the translations. I agree with  you about his video.  I esp. loved seeing him with Kim Hae-Sook.

Did Kim Hae-Sook really tell him this? It is a huge compliment coming from her.

127220428_3475095109235650_3176133905249

Congratulations to Mr. Dimples for having 3M followers. it was 600,000 when "Start Up" started airing.

129134482_3505583716186789_8144686450698

ep. 15 still cut.

128680478_3505834956161665_4249693188085

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, irilight said:

Did Kim Hae-Sook really tell him this? It is a huge compliment coming from her.

Yes she did. It came from KSH himself when he did interview with esquire magazine. And it's also one of his goals as an actor. Glad he could hear something like that from Kim Hae-Sook.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

hello guys :)

I recently like Seonho due to 2D1N, haven't seen any of his drama yet but im planning to start Strongest Deliveryman after my current watch, My Mister. 

I'm just happy to know such a simple, talented and humble person that he is. :wub: 

• Like 6

Hi all!

I am happy with all accolades Seon Ho received! He is a talented actor. For new fans who follow him because of Start Up, I suggest Two Cops and Catch the Ghost as his two other works. In both, he played well. 

Seon Ho is always a talented actor. I enjoy his acting very much. If he gained international recognition now I think it’s because in Start Up, he had the opportunity to show a more complex character as HJP. Personally, I was captivated by his mastery of micro expressions when playing HJP. Maybe he has improved his acting or maybe the role of HJP tugged something in his heart but I felt his emotions poured out strongly, even in as simple as a twitch of eyebrow (watch Start Up episode 15 and you’ll know what I am talking about).

I think Seon Ho fits well playing a tragic hero or even an antihero. Hopefully he will be able to exercise his talent in future projects. A multi-dimensional character with heart wrenching storyline, playing against other talented actors as well! Maybe the Reply/Hospital Playlist writer/director/team will be interested in casting him? Hopefull!

• Like 5