Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

On 11/27/2020 at 11:16 AM, petra said:

Moon Se Yoon Jokes About Kim Seon Ho Becoming Too Popular On “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4”

On the November 22 episode of KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4,” Moon Se Yoon and Kim Seon Ho went to see the sunrise together.

2-days-1-night-season-4-kim-seon-ho-moon

After getting up at dawn and climbing to their destination, Kim Seon Ho asked Moon Se Yoon if he was going to make a wish while they waited for the sun to rise. Moon Se Yoon said, “Of course. I wish for the safety and happiness of the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members, the production staff, and all our families.”

He also mentioned the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic by saying, “We had to wear masks on the way up, right? I wish that we will all be able to take off our masks soon, and talk to each other comfortably while seeing each other’s faces again.

Kim Seon Ho said, “I wish that next year, the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members will write letters to each other again. Because that means that we’ll be together for a long time.”

Moon Se Yoon was touched by Kim Seon Ho’s obvious affection for the show, but took Kim Seon Ho aback by quipping, “These days, because your drama is doing so well, I pray that you won’t become too big a star.”

Since the warm atmosphere was broken, Kim Seon Ho commented, “This is the worst.” But Moon Se Yoon joked, “If you become too big a star, then it will feel uncomfortable. I want to be able to keep snoring and be myself with you without feeling uncomfortable. Instead, I would rather you become an actor who will have a steady career for 50 years,” moving Kim Seon Ho with his final words.

kim-seon-ho-2-days-1-night-moon-se-yoon.

Kim Seon Ho is currently starring in the tvN drama “Start-Up” with Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Kang Han Na.

This is so touching.:crybaby: I wish them to be closer forever :hooray:

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

he deserved that award...      :highonflowers:

En6Q4t7VQAMlg7z?format=jpg&name=900x900

En6T49UVEAA8kJS?format=jpg&name=small

En6T49VVQAEVrJc?format=jpg&name=small

cr.to owner

Yayy!! I'm so happy for him and all his fans. :sparklyeyes:On the way to become kira kira kira kira star :transforms:

• Like 4

On 11/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, rocher22 said:

I just watched ep. 13 of the drama ''catch the ghost''

The story is getting more and more exciting...

@rocher22, oh, I am glad you are watching it and liking it.  And I was glad he had a good leading lady in it too.

9 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Seonho won an award at AAA, Best Emotive Award (actor section).

How awesome is that!  :wub:    Thank you much, @ixxdhx81.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Sun Ho is a Dynamic Palette in December 2020 Esquire Korea

xzc.jpg

Viewers of tvN's Sat-Sun Drama Start-Up naturally love Kim Sun-Ho.  There is nothing not to love. He's flawed and prickly and whip smart and deeply emotional from a lifetime of telling himself that he's not emotional.  It's a great character, and Kim Sun Ho is doing it beyond justice, so I really hate the love triangle or second lead shipping wars in the Drama. It detracts for his character fully having it's own agency and choices, and I am so invested in seeing how he keeps walking forward knowing everything that has happened is of his own involvement. 

I can see his career really taking off in the same vein of Namgoong Min,  which is a great compliment to them both, the leading men who disappear into roles and display wild versatility.
Start-Up could really be the start-up of his next level up and his latest Esquire pictorial
shows us that he's got all the right visuals to satisfy.

xzc1.jpg

xzc3.jpg

source

I can see her argument against those shipping wars has a valid point. What do you all think?

@rocher22 thank you so much for the photos and video of him from the Asia Artist Awards. :wub:

• Like 3

More! More! More! Rank 1st in Drama Actor Brand Reputation index month of November 2020! Yeay! Yeay! Yeay!!!

81404880d50544c592d3d656c433e98a02174c8f

The first place, Kim Seon-ho brand was analyzed as a brand reputation index of 6,024,503, with the participation index 2,271,255 media index 1,476,615 communication index 1,158,589 community index 1,118,044.

cr: Herald Pop

November Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Kim Seon Ho, who is currently starring in tvN’s “Start-Up,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 6,024,503 for November. High-ranking phrases in the actor’s keyword analysis included “Suzy,” “popular,” and “2 Days & 1 Night,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “confess,” “vanquish,” and “suspicious.” Kim Seon Ho’s positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 82.40 percent positive reactions.

(This one from Soompi): Link

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just love this pic...:glee:

En_KcdZUcAA0Nj_?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/hashtag/KimSeonHo?src=hashtag_click

11 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

More! More! More! Rank 1st in Drama Actor Brand Reputation index month of November 2020! Yeay! Yeay! Yeay!!!

81404880d50544c592d3d656c433e98a02174c8f

The first place, Kim Seon-ho brand was analyzed as a brand reputation index of 6,024,503, with the participation index 2,271,255 media index 1,476,615 communication index 1,158,589 community index 1,118,044.

cr: Herald Pop

November Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

Kim Seon Ho, who is currently starring in tvN’s “Start-Up,” topped this month’s list with a brand reputation index of 6,024,503 for November. High-ranking phrases in the actor’s keyword analysis included “Suzy,” “popular,” and “2 Days & 1 Night,” while his highest-ranking related terms included “confess,” “vanquish,” and “suspicious.” Kim Seon Ho’s positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 82.40 percent positive reactions.

(This one from Soompi): Link

:issohappy:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/28/2020 at 4:20 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

@ixxdhx81 OmG... This is HUGE!   What wonderful amazing news!    :wub:  Thank you!

On 11/29/2020 at 4:07 AM, rocher22 said:

I just love this pic..

I do too. Thank you for sharing it.

18 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just finished the drama ''catch the ghost''.

Glad you enjoyed it. I loved one scene where they were dancing outdoors. I liked that Drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next Lee Min-ho? From Start-Up’s Kim Seon-ho and Nam Joo-hyuk, to Do You Like Brahms?’ Kim Min-jae – these Korean actors get better with every K-drama they’re in.

Posting only relevant material

Kim Seon-ho – Start-Up and 100 Days My Prince

045ed368-2ed2-11eb-be20-200ca6256645_972
The former theatre actor with the killer dimples, Kim Seon-ho. Photo: Zapzee

Kim Seon-ho, also known as the “Daehakro Idol” for his background in Seoul’s theatre district, seems to have “second lead syndrome,” but it can’t be long before he plays a main role. He is currently appearing in Start-Up as

Han Ji-pyeong, the sharp-tongued head of the venture capital team in the drama, and manages to portray a person who’s both a cool-headed businessman and a warm-hearted romantic still connected to his roots.

Online, he’s being dubbed the “best second lead of all time” by fans, since in 100 Days My Prince, Kim used his dimples and charm to full effect as the main supporting cast member, too. He played the role of Jung Jae-yoon, a character with equal amounts of smarts and sex appeal. His on-screen bromance with crown prince Lee Yul and love for Hong Sim also went down well with fans of the show.

source

P.S. I posted a comment in the article to correct that "former theater actor."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He was so funny being happy he has big hands! :w00t:

128313050_2899827796918753_6652141351751

128493311_2899827826918750_5730158200793

Source: Korean Drama  Fever
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, irilight said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next Lee Min-ho? From Start-Up’s Kim Seon-ho and Nam Joo-hyuk, to Do You Like Brahms?’ Kim Min-jae – these Korean actors get better with every K-drama they’re in.

Posting only relevant material

Kim Seon-ho – Start-Up and 100 Days My Prince

The former theatre actor with the killer dimples, Kim Seon-ho. Photo: Zapzee

Kim Seon-ho, also known as the “Daehakro Idol” for his background in Seoul’s theatre district, seems to have “second lead syndrome,” but it can’t be long before he plays a main role. He is currently appearing in Start-Up as

Han Ji-pyeong, the sharp-tongued head of the venture capital team in the drama, and manages to portray a person who’s both a cool-headed businessman and a warm-hearted romantic still connected to his roots.

Online, he’s being dubbed the “best second lead of all time” by fans, since in 100 Days My Prince, Kim used his dimples and charm to full effect as the main supporting cast member, too. He played the role of Jung Jae-yoon, a character with equal amounts of smarts and sex appeal. His on-screen bromance with crown prince Lee Yul and love for Hong Sim also went down well with fans of the show.

@irilightI also like the dancing scene...

The most beautiful scene in ''100 days my prince'' ...:)

tumblr_pf6103OEI21uicckao1_400.gifv

tumblr_pf6103OEI21uicckao4_400.gifv

tumblr_pf6103OEI21uicckao5_400.gifv

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow it has been a week full of good news on Kim Seon Ho. From the AAA, brand reputation ranking, his CF, Esquire pictorial, Netflix interview, increased coverage of 2 Days 1 Night, the most endearing character in Start Up and so on. Seonho's fans are so spoiled right now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, petra said:

Wow it has been a week full of good news on Kim Seon Ho. From the AAA, brand reputation ranking, his CF, Esquire pictorial, Netflix interview, increased coverage of 2 Days 1 Night, the most endearing character in Start Up and so on. Seonho's fans are so spoiled right now. 

@petra, you summed it up so well.

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Kim Seon Ho... Netflix interview...

I'd love to see the whole interview with English subs...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Start-Up' Episode 12: Kim Seon-ho shares heartbreaking scene with halmeoni, fans say it 'brought me to tears'

Ji-pyeong, portrayed by Kim Seon-ho, has become a fan favorite week after week for his brilliant depiction of his character. Here's why

95fdeb50-2da2-11eb-a8ae-87759396dd5b_800
Ji-pyeong in 'Start-Up' (tvN)

'Start-Up' Episode 12 left fans heartbroken for many reasons, but the biggest one is because of Ji-pyeong – portrayed by the brilliant South Korean actor Kim Seon-ho. He leaves viewers in tears, especially in the scene where Ji-pyeong learns about Dal-mi's halmeoni's condition,and recalls how he had always tried to stop Samsan Tech from developing NoonGil.

All this while, he had assumed that he was helping halmeoni by supporting Dal-mi but now realizes that he could have become the very obstacle that could have made halmeoni's life difficult. So right after Nam Do-san beats him up and then tells him about halmeoni's condition, Ji-pyeong is shocked, and the first thing he does is visit her. 

He sees her use NoonGil to count the currency and tally that day's earnings and this only leaves him in tears and emotional. What really breaks him down is the way she looks at him, addresses him "Good Boy" and attempts to comfort him after looking at his bruised and bloody face. The more she calls him "Good Boy", the more pressurized he feels and is beating himself up over not living up to halmeoni's beliefs. It is not her expectations that he failed because she never put that kind of pressure on him. In fact, even now, the one who is put this pressure on himself is Ji-pyeong is himself and it is this that has fans' heartbroken. 

In fact, when he tries to step away from the comfort that halmeoni offers, she calms him down and with just that one move he folds himself in, in the warmth of her arms. The only person who Ji-pyeong can call his family is halmeoni so when he realizes that she is also a mortal who faces problems, he is shaken. One fan on Reddit discussion pointed out how this scene comes full circle for both halmeoni and Ji-pyeong. When the latter had left for college, the former had told him that he shouldn't return to her when he is rich and famous but should return when he didn't have a place to stay on one rainy night. On this rainy night, he returned to her not to feel safe for himself, but to ensure that the woman who had saved him in the past was safe and happy. This emotional scene melted everyone's hearts. 

One fan wrote on Reddit, "Yes. His acting is just unbelievable and brought me to tears. I can't see anyone else playing his part. He's just perfect for the role. 100% deserves a happy ending." Another fan referred to how Ji-pyeong told halmeoni that he wasn't a good boy and said, "HJP’s 'I’m not a good boy' hit me way harder than I expected. His conversation with the Grandma was so heartbreaking, especially the way he kept saying he was sorry. It brought me to tears. I’m glad that at least she was there to embrace him. KSH is honestly a gem of an actor, I can’t imagine anyone else doing justice to that role."

Fans have noted how Nam Do-san's character comes across as selfish in comparison to that of Ji-pyeong and many are also rooting for his happy ending. One fan wrote in response to an analysis of the heartbreaking scene and said, "You've just outlined what makes HJP so well-loved here on these Reddit posts and why most don't feel the same for NDS. I don't know what is the writer's thinking if indeed NDS is the ML. It almost seems like it's HJP and NDS the SL. HJP has the traditional Kdrama cliché trope of "meeting" her and being the FL first love, a tragic back story and all our sympathy for him. If the writers were good, it's indeed this, and they've tricked us. Or change the story seeing the fans reaction."

This fan also warned "What the writers better not do is kill off HJP with the Truck of Doom or have him contract a deadly disease. The Fans will riot and curse the writers and director!" Another fan wrote, "On one hand we have HJP who really reflects on his actions even though he didn't do anything wrong and even going as far as to apologize to SDM for his harsh words AND on the other end we have NDS who throws the first punch at HJP and then uses emotional blackmail to get HJP to help him out, with absolutely no remorse on NDS's part for his petty and childish behavior." Some fans also wondered if the writers are hoping to save the DoDal ship in the show and are hence forcing Dal-mi and Do-san together. One fan asked, "This is what I expected when she asked him if he was hungry. But no it was all business. Writer is trying real hard to save that DoDal ship right now. I mean, it just shows."

'Start-Up' will air on tvN on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 pm KST, and can be streamed on Netflix in the US.

source

• Like 3

2 hours ago, irilight said:

I mean, it just shows.

I said this to my friend. I bet the production team and writer didn't see all those KSH "great things" coming. They underestimated his skills. I'm so sorry, but it really just my personal opinion, everyone please feel free to disagree with me.

For me, SU was just a trigger for him to make people notice his existence as actor. I think it was not really playing the biggest part in his rising popularity. Just like KJM in 2D1N said, his name always show up in community forum. It's because people now know his old interviews and his past works. People keep writing about how he was in his theater day, his manner to people and fans, his past works, etc.

3 hours ago, irilight said:

"Yes. His acting is just unbelievable and brought me to tears. I can't see anyone else playing his part. He's just perfect for the role. 100% deserves a happy ending." Another fan referred to how Ji-pyeong told halmeoni that he wasn't a good boy and said, "HJP’s 'I’m not a good boy' hit me way harder than I expected. His conversation with the Grandma was so heartbreaking, especially the way he kept saying he was sorry. It brought me to tears. I’m glad that at least she was there to embrace him. KSH is honestly a gem of an actor, I can’t imagine anyone else doing justice to that role."

KSH once said in interview that the writer was detail oriented type, she wrote the script in very detail way.

For me who follow him since 2017, I believe even without "detail script" he can do any roles in his best way. I remember when he did two cops, the writer also received some critics about the story, but they safely finished the drama. At that time, he and his Jo Jongsuk hyung worked together to develop the story without discredit-ing the writer. That's how he is as an actor.

SU has so many plot holes, but KSH did his best to follow the writer's story. He's a detail actor. He watches his own work to monitor his acting (he said it in his interview with esquire-2020). I am not surprised if people fall in love with his acting and also his personality.

I am happy he now get the opportunity to show his acting to the world. His mother would be so proud. We all know, he made good money as a theater actor but his mother had the worry if it's enough for him. That's on of the reasons why he made his debut on national television.

P.S. another content with Netflix Korea will be coming soon. I think Kim Seon Ho international will help us with the English subtitles. Let's just wait patiently.. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

I bet the production team and writer didn't see all those KSH "great things" coming. They underestimated his skills.

@ixxdhx81, I think you are probably correct on this. 
I read somewhere that fans of the lead actor complain that "KSH's script is better than the script for the leading man." That's nuts, because it is what Kim Seon Ho did/does with this script that matters, along with the script.  The writer did not start out to do a great script for one and not the other.  On the other hand, the writer must love him for what he does with her script.

For me who follow him since 2017, I believe even without "detail script" he can do any roles in his best way.

I totally agree with you. I thought "Strongest Deliveryman" was an atrocious Drama and the only good thing about it was KSH.   I was in awe of his performance, and what he did with that material.

Again, fans of the leading couple were telling me that "well, it was such a poorly written Drama, no wonder the leading couple could not shine..." and I thought to myself,  how KSH was so outstanding despite poor script, and coming "from nowhere" - we could not help but notice him in a  big way.

another content with Netflix Korea will be coming soon. I think Kim Seon Ho international will help us with the English subtitles. Let's just wait patiently.

Thank you. Lets hope so.. I think with his popularity we will see more English content about him.

@rocher22, thank you so much for the bits of his interview for Netflix with English subs, and his NF photos. He is adorable. I loved how he thanked Netflix in the end of the interview. Hopefully, he'll become a "Netflix regular..." or close to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This poll in Korea is Huge!

"Shouldn't the male lead switch?" 'Start-Up's Han Ji Pyeong has a huge lead over Nam Do San in a popularity poll

1606768610-image.png
Recently, netizens are discussing how the popularity of a supporting character is so high as opposed to the popularity of the male lead character.

With more and more viewers taking interest in the tvN drama 'Start-Up,' a poll was started on Naver in which netizens can vote for either Han Ji Pyeong, played by Kim Sun Ho, or Nam Do San, played by Nam Joo Hyuk. The poll started on November 28th and asks, "Start-Up's Nam Do San Vs. Han Ji Pyeong: Who would you choose if you were Dal Mi?So far, the results are surprising as Han Ji Pyeong received 81% of the 46,000+ votes.

1606769473-image.png

One netizen posted this result on an online community as many other Korean netizens joined in on the discussion. The netizen stated that the supporting character is receiving so much love that it might be better for the drama to change the male lead. 

The netizen stated she continues to watch the drama because of Han Ji Pyeong and would have stopped watching a long time ago if it wasn't for his character. So far, many netizens are agreeing as they state they like Han Ji Pyeong much better than Nam Do San. 

Netizens' Commented:

"I'm surprised Nam Do San got even 18 percent. I thought Han Ji Pyeong would win by 98%."

"To be honest, who would choose Nam Do San? He's not charming at all."

"Well even if Han Ji Pyeong is popular, we all know that the female lead will end up with the male lead."

"I haven't seen that many people want Dal Mi to end up with Do San. I like Han Ji Pyeong so much better."

"I never was into the supporting male character before but with this drama, I'm so into Han Ji Pyeong for some weird reason..."

"I really think Nam Do San's character has nothing charming about him. He's like a totally old car. I don't know why the writer gave all the good characteristics to Han Ji Pyeong but made Nam Do San the male lead."

"I think I like Han Ji Pyeong because the actor Kim Sun Ho did well."

"I'm watching the drama because of Kim Sun Ho."

source

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irilight said:

I totally agree with you. I thought "Strongest Deliveryman" was an atrocious Drama and the only good thing about it was KSH.   I was in awe of his performance, and what he did with that material.

In an interview Go Won Hee said that she and KSH did a lot of adlibs, she regret that some of those "great work" didn't make it to final cut. Maybe at that time also.. the production team underestimated KSH's skill. This time for SU, the production team saw his skill without bias perspective so many of his scenes made it to final cut.

KSH is a great actor who can think fast when filming, he can do so many adlibs. (Actor Jo Jae Yun from Catch the Ghost praised him for it - you can watch the press conference of CTG).

That's the perks of being a theater actor who has almost 12 years experiences.

13 hours ago, rocher22 said:

KHS IG Update

Another content with theswoon coming soon! Yeay!!!

On 12/1/2020 at 4:30 AM, rocher22 said:

cool...:wub:

Taken by Kim Won-Sik. Hehe..

On 11/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, petra said:

Wow it has been a week full of good news on Kim Seon Ho.

He's full of surprises. Didn't see that he would win an award from AAA. Thought he was just presenting an award. But nah, he came for receiving the award! More.. More.. More.. of good news will come! I hope. Let's see and keep supporting him without breaking the rules and in positive ways!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1