Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

088853c7daeb4a1eba78590c4d90a85f.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Thanks Moon Ga Young And Kim Jong Min For Support On Set Of “Start-Up”

Kim Seon Ho’s friends have shown him warm support on set of his current drama “Start-Up”!

On November 17, the actor posted photos with coffee trucks sent by Moon Ga Young and Kim Jong Min. He previously starred in “Welcome to Waikiki 2” with Moon Ga Young and is currently a fixed cast member of “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” with Kim Jong Min.

Posing with Moon Ga Young’s coffee truck, Kim Seon Ho wrote, “Dongsaeng (a term used to refer to a younger friend), thank you for the surprise. I enjoyed the beverage,” and also expressed support for her upcoming drama “True Beauty.”

Moon Ga Young’s coffee truck includes a photo of the two in “Welcome to Waikiki 2” along with the message, “I will be cheering on the ‘Start-Up’ cast and crew to conclude in good health.”

EnAl0dtWMAMjRp_?format=png&name=360x360

With Kim Jong Min’s coffee truck, Kim Seon Ho wrote the caption, “Jong Min hyung (a term used to refer to an older friend), thank you!!! I will gain strength and focus,” and attached the hashtag “2 Days & 1 Night.”

Kim Jong Min’s banner reads, “Seon Ho, I am always cheering you on!! Gain strength until the end!!”

EnAl2tmXYAAzZFG?format=png&name=small

source

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, irilight said:

What a find, to see it with English subs. Thank you, @petra

I follow some of his fan accounts, which are rich sources for Seonho content :lol:. I'll post more if I find something interesting (not that he has any dull content).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rebekah Magar said:

He is living in my mind rent free. 

Hello @Rebekah Magarand welcome to Kim Seon Ho thread  :)
I love this expression of yours.:wub:  I have yet to watch 1N2D.  (I do not usually watch variety shows, but you all are convincing me   :lol:)

After "Start Up" I recommend "You Drive Me Crazy" with Lee Yoo Young.
After that - "Catch the Ghost" with Moon Geun-young.

58 minutes ago, petra said:

I'll post more if I find something interesting

@petra, that would be awesome!:wub:

EnBM14yUcAALtW7?format=png&name=360x360

• Love 1

Poster for his upcoming play "Ice" out today.

20201118001713247_1605688558_1.jpg?16056

According to Park Ho San (one of the casts) instagram post, the team already met for practice. But no Seonho in the pic he posted. Think he'll be joining them after wrapping up start-up shooting or he could do it simultaneously just like he did with kiss spider woman - he joined the team little bit late because two cops drama shooting. Idk about Seonho schedule for start-up, but someone said the 2 main lead's last filming will be on November 20th.

2D1N team done filming for 2020, saw his staff Instagram about it. So, no schedule for it in December.

AAA is moved to November 28th.

In conclusion, his schedule for December will be mostly for his play practice. If there's KBS Entertainment award this year, pretty sure he'll come.

Wish him take a good care of his health.

P.S. Mr. Dimples hit 2M followers on Instagram today (November 18th) yeaaayyy!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

According to Park Ho San (one of the casts) instagram post, the team already met for practice. But no Seonho in the pic he posted. Think he'll be joining them after wrapping up start-up shooting or he could do it simultaneously just like he did with kiss spider woman - he joined the team little bit late because two cops drama shooting. Idk about Seonho schedule for start-up, but someone said the 2 main lead's last filming will be on November 20th.

Thank you @ixxdhx81for sharing this. Even though I can't watch his theatre works, I always get excited to read info about it. 

15 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

If there's KBS Entertainment award this year, pretty sure he'll come.

I hope KBS will have it this year and 2D1N members would perform something at it. They all can sing (and dance). :lol:

• Like 1

@petraanytime!

Yessss. Me too, I always happy whenever I hear he has new project coming. Especially everything related to theater.

We can only depend on the press call. Hope they'll release many videos during the press call, so we can take a glimpse the play. This is new for him, he never played this before unlike true west, spider kiss, rooftop, etc so I really looking forward.

Let's pray the condition is safe and better so KBS could hold the entertainment award. Kim Seon Ho deserves the rookie entertainment award!!! Hehe..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Let's pray the condition is safe and better so KBS could hold the entertainment award. Kim Seon Ho deserves the rookie entertainment award!!! Hehe..

Agree! Our variety rookie has definitely transformed over the year. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:25 AM, ixxdhx81 said:

AAA is moved to November 28th.

@ixxdhx81, pretty cool poster. Thank you.  What is AAA please?

According to Park Ho San (one of the casts) instagram post, the team already met for practice.

@ixxdhx81,   wow. Park Ho-San is a terrific actor too...  Mr. Dimples will be in great company!  Sounds like this play is a melodrama.. Make me want to see the play even more..

n conclusion, his schedule for December will be mostly for his play practice. If there's KBS Entertainment award this year, pretty sure he'll come.

I hope there are also tvN award, and he wins it. He sure deserves it.

P.S. Mr. Dimples hit 2M followers on Instagram today (November 18th) yeaaayyy!

How awesome is that!  :hypehype:.   Thank you for the great news!

Below is a new interview with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ca26a45bfb3f4d018212cd0ce90f3c1d.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Reflects On His Rising Popularity, First Advertisement, “Start-Up,” And More
source

Kim Seon Ho, who has been receiving love for his role in tvN’s “Start-Up,” recently took time for a photo shoot and interview with Esquire Korea.

The actor arrived after completing the shoot for his first ever advertisement. He shared about the experience, “I was really nervous, but thankfully it ended successfully.” He continued, “At first, I was so stiff that I thought my neck was going to break, but I gradually grew more comfortable,” explaining that he was so nervous because it was his first time even meeting advertisers.

kim-seon-ho3-666x900.jpg

He went on to talk about his current drama “Start-Up,” revealing that he chose the project because he was a fan of previous dramas by writer Park Hye Ryun and director Oh Choong Wan. “Just the thought of taking on a project created by them made me nervous, but the script was also beautiful. It was a story with fairytale-like beauty, yet it was also realistic. I wished to be a part of this picture, so I said that I want to do it.”

Kim Seon Ho added that he gets excited when he watches the drama, elaborating, “Sometimes I feel like I’m not on set but actually living in Sandbox (the fictional setting of ‘Start-Up’). I have become immersed, and sometimes it makes my heart race, so watching the drama has become a driving force for me.”

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho-3.jpg

The interviewer mentioned that some actors don’t like to watch their own dramas, to which Kim Seon Ho replied, “I wasn’t able to watch [my own dramas] at first either. I felt like my face looked weird, my facial expressions and tone seemed awkward, and I didn’t seem to fit in with the other characters. To be honest, I still don’t like my acting at all. However, if my acting felt excessive for example, I can figure out which aspect was too much.”

He continued, “I think I should never lose composure as an actor. If I’m too hyper when filming, I might be unable to show that scene’s important purpose or essence. On the other hand, if I’m feeling too down, I wouldn’t mesh with the other actors, so the scene might be unnatural. That is why I always try to maintain composure, so it helps to watch my dramas and think, ‘Why was I like that then?’ or ‘What was the situation like on set then?’ I’m still learning, so such monitoring is necessary.”

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho-41.jpg

When complimented about his good looks, Kim Seon Ho insisted, “I’m honestly not handsome though,” and when the interviewer reassured that he is, he responded, “No, well, although I am very thankful that you say that…like [Nam] Joo Hyuk is someone who is very attractive. When I first saw him, I thought he came straight out of a manhwa (Korean comic book). There are so many other handsome people.”

Spoiler

kim-seon-ho-2.jpg

Kim Seon Ho was also asked about his past dramas receiving spotlight these days. He answered, “I recently heard from a ‘2 Days & 1 Night Season 4‘ writer that a YouTube clip from my drama ‘You Drive Me Crazy‘ surpassed 10 million views, so I checked, and it was true. I felt happy because it’s a good thing that a short drama I was a part of can give joy to someone, so I texted the director for the first time in a while, and I watched it all day.”

On his rising popularity, he explained, “I don’t really feel the response because I’m just busy filming all the time these days. However, when directors and senior actors who I previously worked with or friends contact me to say I’m doing well, it’s really heart-fluttering and makes me feel good.”

kim-seon-ho-1.jpg

“Start-Up” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST. Following its conclusion, Kim Seon Ho is in talks to star in the upcoming tvN drama “Link.”

Also check out his video with Esquire: (With English subs!)

• Love 3

14 hours ago, irilight said:

@ixxdhx81, pretty cool poster. Thank you.  What is AAA please?

I don't really know about the event. It's like award(?) because they did some polling from fans to choose the winner. So, the event still will be held on 25th (the team will record the event) but the broadcast will be on 28th November.

14 hours ago, irilight said:

@ixxdhx81,   wow. Park Ho-San is a terrific actor too...  Mr. Dimples will be in great company!  Sounds like this play is a melodrama.. Make me want to see the play even more..

Park Ho-San did this play back in 2016 so, it's not new for him. I don't know who will be Seonho's tandem because we have 3 pairs. I don't think it's melodrama more like thriller or crime for me. Because they'll do interrogation to imaginary boy. The two detectives need to make the imaginary boy admit the murder case. Seonho and the other actor will do monologues on stage back to back, just the two of them. It's new for Seonho. Me too. Really want to see the play. :bawling:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

So, the event still will be held on 25th (the team will record the event) but the broadcast will be on 28th November.

@ixxdhx81, oh, that's awesome that they will record the event. Hopefully we get to see it...:love:

10 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Park Ho-San did this play back in 2016 so, it's not new for him. I don't know who will be Seonho's tandem because we have 3 pairs. I don't think it's melodrama more like thriller or crime for me. Because they'll do interrogation to imaginary boy. The two detectives need to make the imaginary boy admit the murder case. Seonho and the other actor will do monologues on stage back to back, just the two of them. It's new for Seonho. Me too. Really want to see the play

@ixxdhx81, ah .. Thank you for explaining more...   It sounds really interesting. And I love thrillers. How I wish we could see it...

~~~~~~~~~~~

I just came across this :
#KimSeonHo was offered drama titled #LINK. From knetizens rumors scope there has been some online platform that says #SeoHyunJin might have received an offer to play his Leading Lady.

EnVW6JkXIAI4HhB?format=jpg&name=360x360    EnVW9H7XIAArQ0U?format=jpg&name=360x360

source: Oppanology, FB.
~~~~~~~~~~~

“Start Up” casts finished their last filming today

126258670_851894245611450_47471155740468

source

3 minutes ago, irilight said:

I just came across this :
#KimSeonHo was offered drama titled #LINK. From knetizens rumors scope there has been some online platform that says #SeoHyunJin might have received an offer to play his Leading Lady.

I don't think it's legit. From what I heard, she already received offer for another drama and currently reviewing. This was coming from knetz posting on the quoo, hoping her and Seonho in one drama. They even made some collages of their pict from diff drama.

EmjbWVyVkAoTfaO?format=jpg&name=medium

EmjbWV6VcAAXOjB?format=jpg&name=medium

EmjbWV0UcAE2vYn?format=jpg&name=medium

Well.. girls can hope. Hehe.. But if they're casted together, it'll be the first time his leading lady was older than him. Yeah, I really want seeing him with same age or older co-star.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Well.. girls can hope. Hehe.. But if they're casted together, it'll be the first time his leading lady was older than him. Yeah, I really want seeing him with same age or older co-star.

ah.. thank you @ixxdhx81. Yes, I remember reading that she has an offer for a different Drama. I thought that as long as we did not hear she accepted, maybe she has a 2nd offer. But on the other hand, she did post about the other offer on her IG, but did not post about "Link" ;), so you are most likely correct... There goes our hoping.

I think she is a terrific actress, that's why I got excited about it.   I loved him so much also with Lee Yoo-Young in "You Drive Me Crazy."

~~~~~~~~~~~

KIM SEON HO IG post wrap up photos job well done "Dimple Prince"
©️ seonho_kim

126180459_3467266146685213_5939968526299

126303383_3467266353351859_1509839494072

126845235_3467267103351784_9146327262798

Spoiler

126463934_3467266770018484_3110547491493

source

• Love 2

13 hours ago, rocher22 said:

but, he looks kind of sad...

No.. No.. I don't think he was sad. More like grateful to his team. He was so moved by the surprise. Cute that ga young teased him on the comment section.

9 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Coffee truck from Two Cops director..

The director sent it for both Seonho & NJH, hehe.. But only him posted it on insta.

13 hours ago, irilight said:

I think she is a terrific actress, that's why I got excited about it. 

Yesss! She definitely is. I am all in if in the future we get news said they both staring in a drama or movie together as the lead.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am sad. The main lead fans dragging KSH. They even said we should thank the main lead because KSH got attention now.

I miss the old days when he was just our little secret. :bawling:

I believe he deserves all the attention because of his 12 years of hard work. It's true SU was the trigger. But after that, the theater fans started to post about him from photos, articles, etc. His old interviews and articles are popping out. People re-watching his old dramas. It's just showed how people missed discovering this gem.

From the start, his goal was never popularity. He just wanted to be a great actor. An actor who wants to hear from his co-star they wanted to work again with him in the future.

Instead of drama, he chose stage play for his next project after SU. It shows his greed in act, as someone who never forget his root as theater actor.

Glad the shoot has finished. Now he's focusing for his upcoming play, Ice.

Someone please give me some comfort talk. I really can't see him got the hate. My heart couldn't take it. :bawling:

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Someone please give me some comfort talk. I really can't see him got the hate. My heart couldn't take it. 

oh, @ixxdhx81so sad to hear that... But please do not let it bring you down. Whatever they say - does not take anything from our beloved Mr. Dimples.  This is the way some fans are, sadly...  They were so expecting this Drama because of NJH, and in their minds, Mr. Dimples stole the show from him. That's just stupid. The only way to "steal" a show is by one's excellent acting. That's what Mr. Dimples did in the first Drama I have ever seen him in - "Strong Deliveryman."   I did not care of the Drama,  and ended up watching it to the end only because of KSH. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Netflix’s Start-Up: who is Kim Seon-ho, the hot Korean actor giving us serious second lead syndrome in the K-drama hit?

Seasoned stars Bae Suzy and Nam Joo-hyuk risk being upstaged by Kim Seon-ho’s disruptive angel investor in Netflix’s latest K-drama smash – so who is he and where did he come from?

ba8cf79c-249a-11eb-8a46-f186a810a22a_ima
Who is Kim Seon-ho, Korea’s heartthrob of the moment, stealing the spotlight in Netflix’s Start-Up and giving us crazy second lead syndrome? Photo: @seonho__kim/Instagram

Starring alongside Bae Suzy as CEO-in-the-making Seo Dal-mi and Nam Joo-hyuk as genius developer Nam Do-san , the love triangle at the heart of Netflix’s latest runaway K-drama hit Start-up is completed by Kim Seon-ho playing the successful angel investor Han Ji-pyeong. But despite being blunt with his words and seemingly unsympathetic, he wins viewers’ hearts with his be-dimpled smile and quiet charm, and the guilt from the past that he has yet to resolve.

So who is the man behind the character giving us an acute case of second lead syndrome (SLS)? Here are five things to know about the 34-year-old actor:

He’s already got critical cred

After breaking out in 2017 with roles in Strongest Deliveryman and Two Cops – the latter of which earned him best new actor at the 36th MBC Drama Awards – Kim then joined the cast of 100 Days My Prince in 2018 and Welcome to Waikiki 2 a year later.

If this year’s Start-Up is causing you a serious case of SLS, too, then one of his lesser known works, the drama special You Drive Me Crazy, is the best antidote that’ll do wonders of the heart! Unconventionally shot with only four episodes, Kim’s first lead role saw him as a playboy artist whose relationship with his long-time female friend takes an unexpected turn. (Fun fact: in real life, Kim has also taken an interest in oil painting and even received lessons.)

His ideal romantic type? Here’s what we know

Communication and a good sense of humour are key factors Kim looks for in a partner, according to a 2018 interview with News-Ade. He added that he prefers a woman who can appreciate his “lame jokes” and can discuss trivial matters lightheartedly.

He first flew on a plane at the age of 32

In a 2019 interview with Marie Claire, Kim talked about his struggles with getting into situations unfamiliar to him, one of which was flying – so he avoided it. However, when he was 32, he had to get on a plane due to a family occasion, despite not yet being comfortable.

In a 2019 interview with Marie Claire, Kim talked about his struggles with getting into situations unfamiliar to him, one of which was flying – so he avoided it. However, when he was 32, he had to get on a plane due to a family occasion, despite not yet being comfortable.

In a classic case of facing down one’s fears, that encounter did the trick, and after the incident Kim began flying to domestic destinations – and now even thinks of travelling as something that consoles him.

Faced with hardships, Kim copes by taking a walk – for, like, five hours …

In the same interview, he shared his early experiences as a theatre actor. After receiving negative comments on his acting, he once felt so suffocated he decided to take some head space and walk home – for five hours.

source

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/17/2020 at 4:15 PM, irilight said:

Hello @Rebekah Magarand welcome to Kim Seon Ho thread  :)
I love this expression of yours.:wub:  I have yet to watch 1N2D.  (I do not usually watch variety shows, but you all are convincing me   :lol:)

After "Start Up" I recommend "You Drive Me Crazy" with Lee Yoo Young.
After that - "Catch the Ghost" with Moon Geun-young.

@petra, that would be awesome!:wub:

EnBM14yUcAALtW7?format=png&name=360x360

Aww thank you so much. I'm currently watching catch the ghost and I'm loving it. Thank you so much for recommending. I'm still not familiar with this site . I will try my best . :sparklyeyes:

• Love 2