Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - Startup (tvN) ; Variety - 1N2D Season 4
  • 1 month later...

750d0fd3ce404a1c85755c33210e2d1b.jpeg?s=

Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho, And Kang Han Na Confirm Lead Roles In Upcoming tvN Drama.

Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho, and Kang Han Na will be the main cast members in a new tvN drama!

“Startup” (tentative title) is set in South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley, called Sandbox, and tells the story of people in the world of startup companies. It is being written by Park Hye Ryun (“I Hear Your Voice“) and directed by Oh Choong Hwan (“Hotel Del Luna”), both who previously worked on “While You Were Sleeping.”

Suzy will play Seo Dal Mi, who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs. She’s an adventurer who doesn’t own much, but has a grand plan for herself. She also has experience in a wide range of part-time jobs and is a person of great vitality. The character is expected to mesh well with Suzy’s bright energy.

Nam Joo Hyuk’s character Nam Do San is the founder of Samsan Tech. He was once the pride of his family as a math genius, but for the past two years, he’s been going nowhere with his company’s investments. It turns out that Seo Dal Mi remembers him as her ‘cool first love,’ and he decides to begin a startup in the hope of turning Seo Dal Mi’s misunderstanding into reality.

The role of Han Ji Pyung, who begins a startup company to pay off his debt, will be played by Kim Seon Ho. A team leader at SH Venture Capital, his astonishing investment skills and sharp tongue earn him the nickname, “the Gordan Ramsay of investments.” Though he’s prickly to most others, he’s softer than anyone to one special person who granted him a great favor in the past.

Lastly, Kang Han Na will take on the role of CEO Won In Jae, who has everything society respects: the educational background, beautiful appearance, and money. She considers her background as a second generation chaebol a weakness and does everything she can to create success on her own and be acknowledged for her skills. However, she ends up being used and thrown away by her father, and in order to stop being a disposable piece on her father’s chess board, she throws herself into a startup.

The “Startup” production team shared, “The energy emitted by the popular young stars Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho, and Kang Han Na is extraordinary. We are all working hard to film so that we can bring a relatable, adventurous, and trendy drama that deals with the stories of the youth. Please watch over us with lots of love and attention until the premiere.”

“Startup” is slated to begin airing in October.

source

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, triplem said:

. I hope this message gets to you before my account gets deleted.

With a heavy heart I hv decided to part ways  with Soompi . In recent times, the lack of communication by parent company with those in senior leadership , removal of our Administrators & many features without warning or consultation was really disappointing and disheartening. This is despite constant reaching out on the forum staff leadership’s part to them to open communication channels . 
Anyway I wish you well & good things ahead . 

@triplem, I feel shocked and sad that you have decided to leave.

I agree with lots  of what you write. But the important thing is your connection to this community.

I  hope you will reconsider.  For sure, I cannot do Kim Seon Ho justice as much as you did, my friend...

You wrote to me on Aug. 5th, and I only saw it today, Aug. 31.  :bawling: I am not on Soompi very often.

tvN's Startup teaser.

Good News! The new Drama is coming to Netflix.

NEW KOREAN DRAMA SERIES START-UP, STARRING BAE SUZY AND NAM JOO-HYUK, COMES TO NETFLIX IN OCTOBER

p3lrpnd5g

SEOUL, August 31, 2020 - Netflix, the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, announced that Start-Up, a story of young people passionately pursuing their dreams in the world of startup companies, will premiere this coming October.

Boasting an impeccable lineup of actors Bae Suzy, Nam Joo-hyuk, Kim Seon-ho and Kang Han-na, Start-Up is directed by Oh Choong-hwan (Hotel del Luna, While You Were Sleeping, Doctors) and written by popular writer Park Hye-ryun (Dream High, I Can Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, and While You Were Sleeping).

Bae Suzy plays Seo Dal-mi who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs. Dal-mi doesn’t have a fancy background but she’s passionate about her work. She has bright energy and is a person of great vitality, having experience in a wide range of part-time jobs.

Nam Joo-hyuk’s character Nam Do-san is the founder of Samsan Tech. A ‘math genius’ as a young boy, Do-san was once the pride of his family but became their shame now, as his business has been going down for the past two years. He finds out that Dal-mi mistakenly remembers him as her first love, so he decides to work his way up in hopes of turning that misunderstanding into reality.

Kim Seon-ho plays Han Ji-pyeong, senior investment manager at a venture capital company. His astonishing investment skills and sharp tongue earn him the nickname, “the Gordon Ramsay of investments.”

Won In-jae, played by Kang Han-na, is a second-generation ‘chaebol’ CEO who has everything people desire - good education, beauty and money. But her background seems to be working against her in the startup world, as she struggles to create success on her own and be acknowledged for her skills.

There’s an exciting tale in store as these very different individuals all begin their journeys at the same place called Sand Box, striving to fulfill their dreams and goals.

Start-Up, produced by Studio Dragon, will premiere in October, available only on Netflix.

source

• 2 weeks later...

2e4dda07014c4641aada597b50d83e8f.jpeg?s=

Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho, And Kang Han Na Are Young Dreamers In New “Start-Up” Poster

A second poster has been released for tvN’s upcoming drama “Start-Up”!

“Start-Up” is set in South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley named Sandbox and tells the story of people in the world of startup companies. It is written by Park Hye Ryun (“I Hear Your Voice“) and directed by Oh Choong Hwan (“Hotel Del Luna“), both who previously worked on “While You Were Sleeping.”

The drama will star Suzy as Seo Dal Mi, who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs, and Nam Joo Hyuk as Nam Do San, founder of Samsan Tech. Kim Seon Ho’s character Han Ji Pyung is a team leader at SH Venture Capital, while Kang Han Na is CEO and second generation chaebol Won In Jae.

In the second main poster released on September 11, the four leads pose together outside under a bright blue sky. Sporting youthful yet professional looks, they look at the camera with soft smiles.

startup.jpeg

“Start-Up” is scheduled to premiere in October.

source

• 2 weeks later...

6614c673b24a49d49b6263cce0f82fa6.jpeg?s=

Kim Seon Ho Transforms Into A Wealthy Investor For Upcoming Drama “Start-Up”

tvN’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “Start-Up” released the first set of stills of Kim Seon Ho!

“Start-Up” is set in South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley named Sandbox and tells the stories of people in the world of startup companies. Suzy stars as Seo Dal Mi, who dreams of becoming the Korean Steve Jobs, and Nam Joo Hyuk stars as Nam Do San, the founder of Samsan Tech.

Kim Seon Ho will be playing Han Ji Pyung, the senior team leader at SH Venture Capital who goes back and forth from a cold figure who doesn’t hesitate to make biting remarks to someone who exudes an easygoing and slick charm. Thanks to his astonishing investment skills, he owns a luxurious car and an apartment with a view of the Han River.

The newly released stills depict Han Ji Pyung in various moments of his daily life. He is wearing different suits in all the photos, and his fashion reflects his youthful tastes and unrestricted perspective.

Kim-Seon-Ho-2.jpg

In another still, Han Ji Pyung has a boyish and playful smile (see top image), which is a contrast from his cold and expressionless face when working. He only becomes gentle in front of the person who took him in when he had no one to rely on in the past, raising viewers’ curiosity for who this special person could be.

Kim-Seon-Ho-1.jpg

Kim Seon Ho revealed, “Han Ji Pyung is a ‘cold-hearted investor’ while working, so I focused on his cold manner of speech and expressions, and I tried to outwardly express Han Ji Pyung’s wealth through his diverse suits and fashion items.”

“Start-Up” will premiere on October 17 at 9 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

source

• 2 weeks later...

kim-seon-ho-1.jpeg

Kim Seon Ho Talks About His Character And Reason For Starring In Upcoming Drama “Start-Up”

Kim Seon Ho talked about his new role for tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Start-Up”

“Start-Up” takes place in South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley named Sandbox and is about people in the world of startup companies. Suzy stars as Seo Dal Mi, who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs, and Nam Joo Hyuk stars as Nam Do San, the founder of Samsan Tech. Kim Seon Ho plays Han Ji Pyung, a team leader at SH Venture Capital, and Kang Han Na plays Won In Jae, a CEO and second-generation chaebol. 

Kim Seon Ho revealed his reason for choosing to star in the drama. He shared, “I was very drawn to the point that the drama will portray the beginning and challenges as well as the growth of young adults. Above all, I really liked the description of Han Ji Pyung.” He added, “Furthermore, I was glad to be given the opportunity to work with director Oh Choong Hwan and scriptwriter Park Hye Ryun.”

Kim-Seon-Ho-21.jpg

The actor continued to share his process of preparing for the drama. He explained, “Although many startup businesses are near us in our lives, I studied properly about the field of startups through this project. I read books relating to the subject, looked up terminology on the internet, and watched related lectures in an effort to earn various information.”

When asked about Han Ji Pyung’s unique skill, Kim Seon Ho replied, “I guess it must be that he’s a skilled investor who possesses great wealth. I’m referring to the ability he has and his sharp eye for investments.”

Kim-Seon-Ho-4.jpg

Kim Seon Ho continued to describe Han Ji Pyung’s personality. He revealed, “He has not yet completely matured since he also had a difficult adolescence, so he may be imperfect on the inside.”

source

536e60e544ba414fa650b0230758412b.jpeg?s=

Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho, And Kang Han Na Get Into Character Behind The Scenes On “Start-Up”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Start-Up” has released behind-the-scenes photos of its cast!

“Start-Up” takes place in Sandbox, South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley, and tells the stories of young adults in the world of startup companies. Suzy stars as Seo Dal Mi, who dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs, and Nam Joo Hyuk stars as Nam Do San, the founder of Samsan Tech. Kim Seon Ho and Kang Han Na co-star as Han Ji Pyung, a team leader at SH Venture Capital, and Won In Jae, a CEO and second-generation chaebol. 

In the new behind-the-scenes stills, each actor embodies their character’s role in the drama. Suzy shows Seo Dal Mi’s humble origins in her bedroom and at her desk, while Nam Joo Hyuk shows off his two sides as a coder and startup founder. Both Kim Seon Ho and Kang Han Na, on the other hand, are perfectly poised and pose for the camera in elegant suits.

Spoiler

suzy-start-up.jpeg

nam-joo-hyuk-start-up.jpeg

kang-han-na-start-up.jpeg

kim-seon-ho-start-up.jpeg

start-up-kim-seon-ho-768x1153.jpeg

Spoiler

start-up-suzy.jpeg

start-up-nam-joo-hyuk.jpeg

start-up-kang-han-na.jpeg

source

I forgot my PASSWORD! :bawling:

Why so many changes in this forum???

I won't share news about start-up this time.. instead, I'll share about 2020 AAA awards! He'll attend the award ceremony which will be held on November 25th. If the decision for the winner is based on people's vote, I'm pessimistic he'll get the award.

0002900827_001_20201013091204331.jpg?typ

original article: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002900827

• Thanks 1

So, anyone watched the 1st episode?

The highlight for me from episode 1 was Han Ji Pyeong and Soe Dal Mi's grandmother's back story. It's so sweet, touching, and heartwarming. I'm just afraid that all signs lead to Ji Pyeong as a second lead now :lol:. I hope the writer will surprise us by developing something else for his character. 

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Current Drama - Startup (tvN) ; Variety - 1N2D Season 4
On 10/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, ixxdhx81 said:

I forgot my PASSWORD! :bawling:

Why so many changes in this forum???

I won't share news about start-up this time.. instead, I'll share about 2020 AAA awards! He'll attend the award ceremony which will be held on November 25th. If the decision for the winner is based on people's vote, I'm pessimistic he'll get the award.

oh, so nice to see you back, @ixxdhx81. i was wondering where you were....
I know.. too many changes here on Soompi Forums.

I should hope it is a good omen if he is attending the awards.  Don't they usually hear if they are getting an award, and decide to attend based on that? God Knows, he deseres the award!

On 10/18/2020 at 4:58 AM, petra said:

The highlight for me from episode 1 was Han Ji Pyeong and Soe Dal Mi's grandmother's back story. It's so sweet, touching, and heartwarming. I'm just afraid that all signs lead to Ji Pyeong as a second lead now :lol:. I hope the writer will surprise us by developing something else for his character. 

@petra, I am loving this Drama to pieces. I hope/pray that he'll get the girl in the end.... After all, it was he she was corresponding with all those years.

You might also want to visit the Drama Thread:

And here is a lovely photo of our beloved Mr.Dimples, courtesy of our dear triplem.

El-nZu9UcAI3FrG?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Love 2